• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 8, 2018

    Apple TV I ❤️ Infuse

    Apple TV I ❤️ Infuse


    I ❤️ Infuse

    Posted: 08 May 2018 12:26 AM PDT

    Been a Plex user for the longest time and switched to Infuse after the Plex AppleTV app said that it will not work with Plex Server < 1.3.

    Explanation:

    I was running Plex on my venerable MacMini (2009) that only runs OSX 10.7. I had many problems throughout my years of using it:

    • sometimes it did not remember the position (a very important feature)

    • sometimes it remembered the position and made me watch from beginning

    • the playback controls on my AppleTV remote suck

    • the scrubbing (go to position) stopped working or was very buggy

    • when I upgraded the server via the GUI, it stopped working so I had to spend time to revert to the working version

    • and all sorts of other "maintenance" problems/tasks (also needed a reboot from time to time)

    Then I thought I had to buy a new macmini or maybe a good NAS to run Plex Server again, but found Infuse that saved me the trouble and money!! (I have a cheap WD MyCloud NAS and some other network drives)

    IMO it works much better than Plex (I never used the remote functionality anyway). Now my macmini is only used for "file management" and it can rest in peace ;-)

    submitted by /u/sudkcoce
    [link] [comments]

    Keeping Infuse synced up with plex

    Posted: 07 May 2018 07:52 PM PDT

    So my friend has a Plex share that I have access to, and use my Apple TV to watch his content on. With the new Infuse update I noticed they now allow Plex to be synced up with it, but Everytime he adds new content, I have to go into settings, library, and let it sit and fetch data, otherwise it will not keep up to date. The Apple TV Plex app does fine staying up to date, but I prefer the infuse interface. Is there an easier way to keep infuse synced up with Plex so I don't have to do this every time?

    submitted by /u/Lord_Flippy-Floppy
    [link] [comments]

    tvOS 11.4 beta 4 now available (link goes to macrumors)

    Posted: 07 May 2018 10:32 AM PDT

    Reminder: If you want 4K Black Panther tomorrow, purchase with Vudu

    Posted: 07 May 2018 08:52 AM PDT

    Yes, you can purchase within iTunes and get the HD version and hope soon Disney and Apple will come to terms. Those who want 4K UHD now, you'll have to use Vudu and pay the premium, plus you'll have to order on the vudu site as you can't purchase in the app.

    submitted by /u/djjuice
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to access the TV app/tvOS on a MacBook?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 11:15 AM PDT

    I love how intuitive it is and I watch TV and movies on my mac just as much as I do on my Apple TV, So I was curious.

    submitted by /u/jackbail7
    [link] [comments]

    Infuse Library

    Posted: 07 May 2018 07:46 PM PDT

    So I was just given an old DS110j NAS so I'm setting up infuse. All the articles etc talk about this library function but I can't seem to make it work. When I add multiple folders from my NAS I still see only the folders and no library.

    What am I doing wrong? Any ideas? Does Infuse Library only work in Pro or with Plex? Can my old NAS run Plex pretty well?

    I'm trying to get the family on board for a larger NAS and AppleTV 4K on all the main TVs. I need this to work so they see how great this is.

    submitted by /u/AU_Thach
    [link] [comments]

    Appearance Dark Mode on Beta

    Posted: 07 May 2018 02:23 PM PDT

    Just updated to the latest beta and I have my display Appearance set to Automatic, not sure if it's just me not remembering correctly or if the Dark mode is now a lot darker.

    I thought the background was a grey kinda color instead of the black I'm seeing now.

    submitted by /u/Murt_88
    [link] [comments]

    iPad VPN + Airplay doesn’t work anymore

    Posted: 07 May 2018 02:37 PM PDT

    Hi guys i've been overseas for a while and i have a vpn on my ipad and can watch HBO NOW and SHOWTIME apps just fine on my ipad. They are great for homesick guys like me!

    I also USED to be able to zap these streaming apps to my AppleTV through Airplay and watch stuff with no trouble at all!

    As of the last 2 weeks, i CANNOT Airplay these apps anymore:( (on my iphone or ipad, they are totally fine). When i airplay, The loading circle appears and then, the all too familiar error message.

    Any ideas why? How can i best fix this? Has something changed with the permissions on the apps?

    Thank you!!!

    submitted by /u/Uchali
    [link] [comments]

    Question about buying iTunes 4k upgrade and movies anywhere

    Posted: 07 May 2018 08:28 AM PDT

    Hi, I don't have an Apple TV, but thought this would be a good place to ask this question.

    If I buy a movie on iTunes that gets upgraded to 4K for free, and it is a movies anywhere title, would it be 4K on other services like Vudu, or just HD?

    submitted by /u/SoapyMacNCheese
    [link] [comments]

    Home Sharing Issues

    Posted: 07 May 2018 05:49 AM PDT

    Been having issues lately keeping up a consistent Home Sharing connection. Checked everything already. All devices up to date, same network connection, all software up to date. Restarted a couple of times. Nothing.

    Starting to think it may be software related. Some issue between macOS, iOS and tvOS. Anyone else encountering this?

    Only solution I have gotten to work so far is to reconnect Home Sharing through iTunes, though that only works for a short period of time.

    submitted by /u/SRASC
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel