• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 8, 2018

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread [May 07]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread [May 07]


    Daily Tech Support Thread [May 07]

    Posted: 07 May 2018 08:15 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Apple: "Starting July 2018, all iOS app updates submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 11 SDK and must support the Super Retina display of iPhone X"

    Posted: 07 May 2018 11:25 AM PDT

    Apple is an 'amazing' company with best profit potential in tech, Bill Gates says

    Posted: 07 May 2018 06:39 PM PDT

    Can we please teach newbies and grandmas to stop downloading MacKeeper

    Posted: 07 May 2018 06:23 AM PDT

    The asshats of the Apple world. They're like, "Yeah, we did get sued a few years ago for a few mill, but why would that slow us down?"

    https://i.imgur.com/LoCPFKv.jpg

    submitted by /u/operablesocks
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X Plus said to be iPhone 8 Plus size, iOS 12 to bring horizontal Face ID support, more

    Posted: 07 May 2018 04:42 PM PDT

    Apple is 60 Billion away to become a trillion dollars company

    Posted: 07 May 2018 08:15 PM PDT

    My Apple Watch in a nutshell... Me: 4 brutal pickup games of basketball. (1hr 30 mins). My Apple Watch: Nothing. Me: baking cookies for 30 mins. Apple Watch: You’ve reached your exercise goal (30 mins)

    Posted: 07 May 2018 09:31 PM PDT

    Apple Says AirPods Are 'Incredibly Popular' as Availability Remains Limited

    Posted: 07 May 2018 05:58 AM PDT

    We can finally watch Disney movies in 4K on Apple TV!

    Posted: 07 May 2018 03:21 PM PDT

    iOS Design Inconsistencies Across Apple's Apps

    Posted: 07 May 2018 08:02 AM PDT

    HomePod likely gaining Calendar support alongside iOS 11.4 release

    Posted: 07 May 2018 06:20 AM PDT

    Spotify has been on PS4 for over a year and on Xbox One for almost a year, can we finally get an Apple Music app for consoles?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 03:47 PM PDT

    I used Spotify previously when the app released on Xbox, but when I decided I preferred Apple Music, the largest sacrifice was background play on said console. Yes, there is the buggy airstream app, but now supported and direct app for Apple Music, which should be standard at this point. What are your thoughts on Apple releasing apps for not just consoles, but other devices that should have an app such as Smart TVs?

    submitted by /u/Bad_Luck_Bert
    [link] [comments]

    TIL You can specify “no tolls” or “no highways” when asking Siri for directions

    Posted: 07 May 2018 11:41 AM PDT

    I knew you could change this in settings, but didn't realize it was something you could ask Siri to do

    submitted by /u/Gandalf2016
    [link] [comments]

    Every single TV show in development at Apple

    Posted: 07 May 2018 01:05 PM PDT

    Apple releases iOS 11.4 Beta 4

    Posted: 07 May 2018 10:00 AM PDT

    Next iPhone to bring horizontal FaceID

    Posted: 07 May 2018 06:12 PM PDT

    iPhone With Triple-Lens Rear Camera Will 'Likely' Launch Next Year Says Analyst

    Posted: 07 May 2018 05:37 AM PDT

    iWork and Box.com integration: actually, pretty sweet!

    Posted: 07 May 2018 01:41 PM PDT

    At the risk of bringing up the red-headed step children both of Apple's products and cloud sync in general, I've got to say, the integration between Box and iWork is pretty incredibly well executed. Of course, at my office we have to use MS Office for anything that goes external, but that's what makes the business world go round, but for internal documents many of us use iWork simply for how lightweight it is.

    Giving both companies props, from the box.com website you can both create and edit Pages, Numbers, and Keynote files, which seamlessly ties back into the iCloud.com editor. On the Mac, you open up an iWork file, and if another person in the share open the same file their Box credentials show up and you see their cursor--but you don't have to go through the headache of inviting the other person to collaborate on the file.

    Anyhow, I'm not sharing because I expect this post will get much interest, but I thought the integration was surprisingly well done, and I've not seen anyone else comment about it. Now if Apple would collaborate with IFTTT or something.

    Now, if Box would just allow offline storage in their Box Drive app and not require a separate Box Sync app for it, I could recommend it for my company.

    submitted by /u/infinitybisect
    [link] [comments]

    2017 Butterfly keyboard

    Posted: 07 May 2018 11:17 AM PDT

    I have been reading a lot of posts on here concerning the 2017 butterfly keyboard on the MacBook Pro.

    The top left of my keyboard has been 'spongey' for the past 3-4 months. The keys press but they just don't feel right at all.

    I have 1 month left on my warranty and I'm afraid after that they may stop working completely. I have been Apple support before about it and they just blamed it on dust and stuff under it and cleaned it for me and sent me on my way but that didn't do anything at all - it's still the same.

    What are my options at this point? What's the chance of me booking another appointment and just explaining that I'm not happy with it and asking them to send it away for repair or just requesting they give me a new one? Are they likely to offer me either/or of these options if I go again and explain my situation?

    submitted by /u/jamesk93
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone managed to get a $25 battery replacement? I've signed up and been put on a waiting list. It's been 2 months.

    Posted: 07 May 2018 01:45 PM PDT

    They say they will email me when they get a battery in stock. I'm wondering if this is some sort of scam. This is also the second time I've attempted this.

    Has anyone sent in their phone for a replacement battery? I'm willing to go through this route, inconvenient as it is. I just don't want to have to surrender my phone for 5 months or something.

    submitted by /u/montereybay
    [link] [comments]

    Apple's MacBook Pro vs. Microsoft's Surface Book 2

    Posted: 07 May 2018 10:34 PM PDT

    Apple hits record high as Buffett doubles down on praise for the company

    Posted: 07 May 2018 07:27 AM PDT

    The Display Zoom section still shows Videos under the TV app in iOS 11.3.1

    Posted: 07 May 2018 11:40 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/rTWHUH3

    I checked on two iPhones (6S Plus and 7, both on 11.3.1).

    submitted by /u/ayanm00
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods 2 at WWDC

    Posted: 07 May 2018 11:17 PM PDT

    What's the probability? Debating if I should hold out instead of just buying any wireless headphones at the moment. I would really love a darker color scheme.

    submitted by /u/Dab3st3st
    [link] [comments]

    What’s an old Apple sign worth?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 04:59 PM PDT

    I have an old glass Apple sign from a retail store ca. 2000. It's roughly 5'x5' painted white glass with the old six colour Apple logo in the middle.

    Do you guys think this would have any resale value? I'm thinking of letting it go after having it on my wall for many years.

    EDIT: Photo added by request: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t60lzqtrsqzgzjl/IMG_1700.jpg?dl=0

    submitted by /u/megagram
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel