• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 9, 2018

    Apple Help PSA: Apple Says Inventory of All iPhone Replacement Batteries Now Available Without Delay

    Apple Help PSA: Apple Says Inventory of All iPhone Replacement Batteries Now Available Without Delay


    PSA: Apple Says Inventory of All iPhone Replacement Batteries Now Available Without Delay

    Posted: 09 May 2018 12:01 PM PDT

    Link to the Article is here.

    If you were holding out because of all the craziness of the stores, now's your chance to get your battery fixed with a shorter turnaround time.

    submitted by /u/blondeferrari
    [link] [comments]

    [iPhone 7+] How much space should system be taking in Storage?

    Posted: 09 May 2018 08:23 PM PDT

    I just restored as part of repair steps (see previous posts).

    On a brand new wiped phone without any backup restore System is still taking up 8GB. A lot better then 20 but can anyone please chime in with how much space is being used?

    System > General > iPHone Storage > System on Bottom

    submitted by /u/BrooklynSwimmer
    [link] [comments]

    Help... Does anyone know

    Posted: 09 May 2018 09:29 PM PDT

    any places In California that can help transfer data from a water damage MacBook Pro 13 inch to a USB "my passport for Mac" I spilled orange juice on It and it turns on and all but the mouse acts crazy and starts clicking everything. I took it into a Apple Store and they told me it had liquid damage and they couldn't save my data they would just sent it out and replace the battery and all. I'm not convinced on all my memories and pictures and videos and notes being wiped out:/ I'm so sad but I'm trying to find places that can help. I went to geek squad but said they couldn't touch it because of Apples policy with them....

    submitted by /u/GabbbyyyMassacre
    [link] [comments]

    Will Apple replace my battery if my phone is slightly broken?

    Posted: 09 May 2018 08:10 PM PDT

    I dropped my iPhone 7 Plus and the camera stopped working. I want to get that $30 battery replacement, but would that cause then to reject replacing the battery? Or they screw something up and make me pay $350 to fix it for the out of warranty fix (which I am can't pay for)?

    submitted by /u/crazymacs134
    [link] [comments]

    Black lines on front facing camera

    Posted: 09 May 2018 08:03 PM PDT

    Beginning of December I had a random black line appear on my front facing camera. Looks like this https://imgur.com/a/28HmFpF . I went to the apple store and they ran tests on my camera and said nothing should be wrong and told me to factory reset my phone. After factory resetting my phone the black line did not go away, so I decided to just deal with it. But then today I went to go take a picture using the front facing camera and noticed a second line has appeared. Image of 2 lines https://imgur.com/a/UnvyR4R

    I currently have an iPhone 6S and am running IOS version 11.3.1, if anyone knows any fix to this problem please leave it below, thanks.

    submitted by /u/UnarmedOP
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading 2011 Mac Mini Server

    Posted: 09 May 2018 08:00 PM PDT

    Have been given a 2011 Mac Mini Server (A1347 (EMC 2442) (MC936LL/A) with two 1TB hard drives inside (I think). Running Lion (10.7.5). Would like to take out the two hard drives inside, and swap them out for an SSD. Can I do the swap, and then use a USB stick to install High Sierra, or is there an upgrade path I have to follow?

    BTW, have tried upgrading directly to High Sierra from the app store, but it says I need to be running 10.8 (Mountain Lion).

    Any guidance would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/TheTeenageOldman
    [link] [comments]

    Updated to High Sierra and now my thunderbolt external display doesn't work

    Posted: 09 May 2018 07:51 PM PDT

    Anyone know a workaround for this? I'm using a Rankie converter 'Thunderbolt to HDMI' and using an HDMI display and it worked up until I upgraded to High Sierra. Converter is plug-and-play and doesn't have drivers. Anyone know WTF is going on with this bug?

    submitted by /u/MBSquared
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Facetime Live Photos Not Working

    Posted: 09 May 2018 07:35 PM PDT

    All of the setting correct on both devices that are facetiming. Both are MacBook Pros updated to the latest software. When I take a live photo, it shows the little live photo icon in the photos app but it is not live. I have live photos taken with my phone on my computer and those work fine. Any idea on how to get the facetime live photos to work properly?

    submitted by /u/mspvikings
    [link] [comments]

    Old iPod video 160GB deleted all songs?

    Posted: 09 May 2018 03:07 PM PDT

    I have an old iPod video, not sure what gen it is, but it's 160GB, space grey I believe? I got it around 2008 and it used to have over 2000 songs on it. I recently unearthed it and charged it up and all the songs and videos are gone. The PC that had the iTunes account on it with all these songs is long gone so no way for me to re-sync it.

    I've tried holding the middle and menu buttons to reboot it and that's about the only thing I can think of lol. I also charged it via USB to my PC so maybe that somehow wiped the songs? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

    submitted by /u/LilacPenny
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro overheating

    Posted: 09 May 2018 03:06 PM PDT

    I'm sure this is a pretty basic issue compared to what you all usually discuss here, but I just updated my late 2013 MacBook Pro (Retina if that's important) and I've noticed that the fans to cool it down continue to come on now. I recognize that the fans are needed and useful, but they are turning on a lot more often than before the update, with less than half of same programs running. The version I just updated to is 10.13.4. I'm just not sure what is causing this, since it rarely happened before. I'm not as knowledgeable about these things as many of you may be, so any basic help would be great. Anything beyond basic, I'll probably just take it to the Apple store nearby! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Triumphant_Rider
    [link] [comments]

    Online videos bounce/flicker when in full-screen

    Posted: 09 May 2018 06:38 PM PDT

    Videos bounce when trying to watch YouTube and Netflix.

    Here is a video of the issue: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kgDpu1aGOOLZdujlPhZky_Pbm5iWgvus?usp=sharing

    This only happens when in full-screen while watching online videos, local playback is unaffected.

    I already tried to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) and NVRAM/PRAM on my Mac but the issue persists. Any other ideas on how to resolve this issue?

    submitted by /u/Poogzley
    [link] [comments]

    Where is your own phone number listed on iPhone?

    Posted: 09 May 2018 06:31 PM PDT

    If I hit contacts (iPhone 6) my own phone number is at the top. Is it that way on all iPhones? Here's why:

    My out of state friend's AT&T service is out and I want to text her on her iPhone. (I've been trying to get her to text anyway.) But she doesn't know the phone number for it because she doesn't use it as a phone!

    She is definitely not techy at all. And when I told her that working out is more fun with music off your phone, she bought a 2nd cell phone only for streaming music while working out! Her old flip phone is her phone and she doesn't want to "learn a new phone"!

    The "music streaming device" is an iPhone 6 or 7. Can I tell her to hit "phone" then "contacts" and the number is at the top?

    submitted by /u/SomeoneWhoIsntSWIM
    [link] [comments]

    Retina Macbook Pro randomly restarts itself when lid is shut

    Posted: 09 May 2018 06:19 PM PDT

    Late 2013 rMBP 2.6 GHz i7

    I have rMBP running the latest version of MacOS. For about four months now (through the last two or three OS updates), my computer will randomly restart itself while closed. It happens about 20% of the time. I have my computer set to sleep when the lid is closed, however the computers apparently wakes itself while closed and restarts itself. It always happened when I was away from the computer, but today it happened while I was sitting in front of it while it was closed. The backlit Apple logo lit up, and I heard the MacOS start up chime play. I opened up the computer and it was black. I pressed the power button to get the computer to wake up and it presented me with the account log in screen, as it usually does when this happens.

    Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? When it first started happening, I figured it was a bug in the current version of MacOS, so I dealt with it figuring it would get fixed in the next OS update, but it looks like I was wrong.

    Any help is greatly appreciated. It's really annoying sitting down to do something at my laptop and having to go through the whole start up and log in process.

    submitted by /u/RegretfulUsername
    [link] [comments]

    Screen white-point shifts randomly even though I have it calibrated

    Posted: 09 May 2018 06:06 PM PDT

    Normally, I have my display white-point calibrated as high as possible on the red side, but the white point will sometimes change randomly. When this happens, the screen becomes much more blue, but the colour settings still say that I am using my red-shifted calibration. I have found no way to restore it my true calibration.

    submitted by /u/I_Mr_Spock
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 2016-can turn on, but won't load profile or go to desktop

    Posted: 09 May 2018 07:26 AM PDT

    I'm running the latest OS as of May 9, 2018 (Sorry, I can't get to the desktop to see what version it actually is, but I know I'm up to date), and here's what has been happening.

    1) A few weeks ago, it randomly started crashing. I would get a black screen stating (in multiple languages), that my computer had crashed due to an issue, and to either continue to wait or press a button to restart. Hitting a button caused it to restart sometimes, but other times it would just loop back to that same screen a few times, before going to a black screen with a Circle with a Strikeout on it (similar to a no smoking sign without the cigarette). When it does successful start up, it usually lasts a few days, weeks without any issues.

    2) Yesterday I couldn't get the sound to work at all. A google search said to reset my NVRAM (?) by holding down (I think...) option+cmd+p+r after hitting the on button. It started fine and the sound worked.

    3) Today it started crashing again, and then it just completely shut down. I tried pressing the On button and nothing would happen. I got the same strikeout sign and error message as in #1 a few times, and no it is currently on the user profile screen (I have my own profile which is the admin, and a guest profile). If I choose my profile and enter my password, a loading bar pops up under my name and it gets to 100% but never goes to the desktop. I waited one hour and it just stayed there. If I try the guest account, it gives me a notice saying it's going to reboot to a safe state for guest mode, which it does, and then I can use Safari on the mac,

    Any ideas at all? Of course I'm 3 months out of warranty and didn't buy AppleCare.

    submitted by /u/nwin23
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on 'Preparing macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 Update

    Posted: 09 May 2018 02:10 PM PDT

    For some unknown reason my App Store 'Updates' tab freezes the window upon clicking it. I have tried every fix suggested on the first two pages of google, to no avail.

    Instead of using the App Store to update my OS, I downloaded the update file from Apple to do it via the installer, but I get stuck on this part indefinitely.

    Can anyone shed some light on how I can get the newest OS update to install, by any means?

    FYI, Im using an MacBook Pro on 10.13.2. To try and fix the App Store Updates tab I have tried deleting various cache folders, permission reseting and booting in safe mode, no luck.

    submitted by /u/Quantum_Force
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone decode this (MacMini server keeps crashing)?

    Posted: 09 May 2018 03:37 PM PDT

    I've got a MacMini on a bookshelf with a few drives acting as a home server, time machine backup location, etc. It's been crashing frequently, and I'm not able to decode the MCA Error Report that pops up when it restarts.

    My suspicion is I've got a hardware issue with the Thunderbolt I/O, but the machine passes the Apple Hardware Test.

    5/8 Crash

    5/7 Crash

    5/6 Crash

    5/6 Crash - PM

    4/27 Crash

    4/28 Crash

    submitted by /u/zac850
    [link] [comments]

    Tried 2 different enclosures, 3 cables and 3 MacBook Pros, same result: "USB Accessories Disabled...unplug the accessory using too much power..."

    Posted: 09 May 2018 02:50 PM PDT

    The compete error message: "USB Accessories Disabled: unplug the accessory using too much power to re-enable USB devices."

    All my files are on a SSD drive from an old MBP. I'm looking to use an enclosure to copy the files into my new MBP, but getting nowhere. Like I said, I tried 2 enclosures (so it's not them), 3 cables (so not them either) and 3 MBPs (not them). Frustrating. What could the culprit be? If the SSD was corrupt, would I be getting those messages?

    Many thanks in advance.

    (Edit: the SSD was originally installed in a MBPr mid-2012 — is it SATA or PCIe? The enclosure is for SATA; I'm starting to wonder if it's wrong for the SSD.)

    submitted by /u/vintage2018
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes Unknown Album error

    Posted: 09 May 2018 08:20 AM PDT

    Model : iPhoneX iOS : 11.2.2 Picture : https://imgur.com/a/0TXNBuA

    I keep running into the same problem over and over, every time I sync my music library to my iPhone X, I get hundreds of songs that get split up with 'Unknown Album'. I've checked my id3 tags over and over, but I keep them all meticulously maintained and it displays properly in my desktop player, as well as iTunes itself, but somewhere along the way of syncing, it loses everything except the artist and song title. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/FuNiOnZ
    [link] [comments]

    Replacing Screening on Late 2016 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

    Posted: 09 May 2018 11:58 AM PDT

    I have a late 2016 15 inch MacBook pro with TouchBar. It is currently under a 3 year AppleCare warranty - AppleCare Plus did not exist when I bought the computer

    I was cleaning the display 2 days ago and I seem to have pushed too hard because a few bad pixels suddenly displayed. By the end of the day the entire display had lines and color issues. I brought it to a certified Mac Service Center (not an AppleStore). They now want to charge me around $750 plus tax to replace the screen. This price seems crazy high to me especially considering that I have AppleCare. Does this seem right to other folks? Should I bring it to an AppleStore instead?

    submitted by /u/LawrenceOArabi
    [link] [comments]

    Emails that aren’t mine?

    Posted: 09 May 2018 11:50 AM PDT

    I'm getting a lot of spam emails but the "to" recipient is a bunch of letters and numbers and most definitely not my email. How do I stop getting these?

    The "to" is 8315dc33ba712df228e1bc7f319bc6b5@imapconfig.com

    Why am I getting these emails if that isn't my address

    submitted by /u/scxna
    [link] [comments]

    Default messages app showing multiple threads for same contact.

    Posted: 09 May 2018 10:21 AM PDT

    I just bought an iPhone (iOS 11.3.1) yesterday and imported data from Android during setup. All my old messages appeared in the Messages app. Some contacts have their messages separated into 2 or 3 threads. One thread shows the contact name and the others just show the number. Sometimes, it correctly guesses and shows the contact name with the "maybe" prefix but still shows separate threads.

    Even after deleting all contacts from the phone related with the number, the threads don't merge. It's ridiculous. They all show the same (literally, the same) number as the thread title but still don't merge.

    How may I solve this problem? And are there any good texting apps for ios besides the default app? I was using Textra on Android.

    submitted by /u/iBzOtaku
    [link] [comments]

    Simple animation app?

    Posted: 09 May 2018 09:19 AM PDT

    Hello, I need to so some simple animations for a presentation.

    For example, a man walking to a table and sitting down.

    I don't know how to do any animations and I need a simple way to do this.

    Any suggestions? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dressage
    [link] [comments]

    How do I connect to something that allegedly has a blank WPA2 password

    Posted: 09 May 2018 09:04 AM PDT

    I bought an Icy Box as a music streaming device.

    It looks cool, but very little information on the web. The instructions claim that the 'wifi password is blank', the idea being that you connect and set it up locally, connect it to your wifi etc.

    However when I try to connect to it, it prompts for a WPA2 password - you can't click 'join' if the password is less than 8 letters.

    Any ideas? I suspect if I try to connect with some older protocol then maybe it won't use WPA2? There doesn't seem to be any way to force OSX to connect over a different protocol.

    I thought maybe use an old device, but damn all my old iPods won't pick up a charge anymore. The oldest thing I have is an old MacBook Air from 2010 (which amusingly still boots off power supply) and then also connect via WPA2.

    Any help appreciated. (I also tried a Windows 10 machine but that also prompts for a WPA2 password)

    I've emailed and tweeted them, no response yet.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/clausy
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6 battery still draining quickly after replacement

    Posted: 09 May 2018 08:06 AM PDT

    I just got my battery changed at an official Apple store since my battery was slowly dying out, which makes sense as I have had the phone since its release, but getting a new battery didn't solve anything.The battery percentage is dropping incredibly quickly (usually around 1% per minute), and the settings on the phone is still advising me to change the battery.Do any of you have the same issue with the iPhone 6 (I have seen it for iPhone 5 where people creddited the U2 on the motherboard, but haven't seen any posts or other people with the same issue for iPhone 6.

    submitted by /u/H4gedorn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel