• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 8, 2018

    Apple Help [iPhone] The podcast app keeps downloading new episodes even though in settings I turned that feature off

    Apple Help [iPhone] The podcast app keeps downloading new episodes even though in settings I turned that feature off


    [iPhone] The podcast app keeps downloading new episodes even though in settings I turned that feature off

    Posted: 08 May 2018 04:37 PM PDT

    What gives?

    iPhone 6S

    submitted by /u/SOJO3
    [link] [comments]

    Getting divorce, need new apple ID but don't want to lose things

    Posted: 08 May 2018 04:50 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I've had a family member approach me, the family tech person, about getting a new apple ID during their divorce. They absolutely don't want to share a cloud with their soon to be ex-signifcant other, but they have no idea how they can transfer years of photos, contacts, messages, music, etc. I truly have no idea either. Please let me know what is the best way to go about doing this!

    Edit: Said family member is also concerned with keeping their details from their phone, particularly their free apps like facebook.

    submitted by /u/victorianlaw
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] When using two fingers on the trackpad of my late 2014 MacBook Pro the mouse freezes for 5-10 seconds.

    Posted: 08 May 2018 06:34 PM PDT

    Help! The mouse often, but not always, freezes on my MacBook when I'm trying two-finger scroll or two-finger right-click. It'll freeze for a moment and I just try and swirl the trackpad until it becomes active again.

    I took it to a verified apple repair shop that I could walk to on my lunch and they quoted me $400 for a new motherboard.

    Edit: Closer to 3 seconds.

    submitted by /u/IRENE420
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped iphone green screen

    Posted: 08 May 2018 06:24 PM PDT

    Recently dropped my iPhone 6s and the screen turned dark green before the phone rebooted itself. Is this normal ? Turned back on and everything still seems fine but should I be worried about potential damage ?

    submitted by /u/beccalxx
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music playback issues

    Posted: 08 May 2018 02:35 PM PDT

    Hey! So just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. It happens with both my AirPods and CarPlay. So with AirPods, every now and then I will hear nothing but it still claims music is playing. If I close and reopen the music app, it seems to fix the issue. With CarPlay, sometimes I randomly get really distorted audio. I've tried other cables and other cars and it still happens. The way to fix it is closing and reopening the music app. Is there some issue with my music app?

    submitted by /u/Nickyweg
    [link] [comments]

    How Do I Export iMovie In 1080p?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 09:47 PM PDT

    I'm trying to upload a video to Youtube and I can't export it to 1080p. It has an image in the video that is also 1080p. I have even tried starting a new project and putting it in first multiple times and it still won't let me pick 1080p. How do I fix this? I am currently using version 10.1.9

    submitted by /u/NateIzSoFTW
    [link] [comments]

    My lock button is broken on my Iphone 4S. Is there any way to still take screenshots?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 05:56 PM PDT

    Using OS 9.3.5 since the 4S isn't updated anymore/can't handle newest iOS versions.

    Thanks to anyone who might know!

    submitted by /u/martinaee
    [link] [comments]

    Need help

    Posted: 08 May 2018 05:27 PM PDT

    have a MBP and the laptop will not let me access Forbes. I have whitelisting, disabling and uninstalling my adblocker. works fine on my phone. Here what it says https://i.imgur.com/XUjzckr.jpg please help!

    submitted by /u/shane1333
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4k “error while parsing MPXdata response”

    Posted: 08 May 2018 08:50 PM PDT

    I can't solve this error. Only happens when streaming from BBC America app. Immediately after selecting an episode. Didn't used to do this, but has for roughly the past few weeks.

    Google yielded little results. On latest tvOS version. App has been removed and reinstalled, doesn't change anything. Apple TV has been restarted, again nothing.

    At this point I'm out of ideas. So I'm open to any suggestions on how to solve this!

    submitted by /u/brando_1771
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5s is kinda broken, now it won't connect to my computer.

    Posted: 08 May 2018 08:49 PM PDT

    The screen is acting really weird, random apps are opening, nothing I type is coming up correctly, and there is like a weird filter over the screen with some green and red lines. I can still use the phone and unlock it, but my computer won't recognize it.

    I have many photos and videos that I really want to save but are not backed up. How can I do that from my phone? I really don't know anything about iCloud, but if I can send them all to that from my phone I'd love to know how.

    submitted by /u/Thrones33
    [link] [comments]

    USB-C ports on 2017 15” MBPtb: constantly ejecting

    Posted: 08 May 2018 07:27 AM PDT

    My 15" 2017 MBP (touchbar) ejects USB-C drives (both ssd and spinning drives) fairly consistently. Mid-transfer, if there are two drives attached at the same time. If the two drives are transferring data between the two, it will happen 100% of the time. If one drive is connected and not in use, and another is transferring to / from the internal drive, it's a 75% chance one of them will disconnect. Hell, if there are two DEVICES (non-drives, like my Meridian Explorer DAC for example) attached at the same time i will often get the "disconnect the device drawing too much power" message - even if the machine is connected to AC. All cables I am using are cables provided by the manufacturer of the drives being used (WD My Passport USB-3 to Micro-B cable + Apple USB A to USB-C dongle, or Samsung T5 SSD with included USB-C to USB-C cable).

    Something very screwy with the USB C ports on these new machines. I mistakenly assumed waiting until the 2017 refresh would keep me from Gen1 manufacturer issues.

    What do we do? It has been well documented all over the internet. May have to spend an afternoon at the Apple Store (absolute hell in LA, 8 days a week), but the bigger question here is if Apple were to replace my machine, would the new machine have the same issue.

    submitted by /u/Mongoos150
    [link] [comments]

    Should I fully charge my Airpods the first time I use it?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 01:41 PM PDT

    As said, for the first time use, should I fully charge it to 100% before using it and use all the way to 0 to get full battery potential? Hope someone can answer this, thanks!

    submitted by /u/seanmo27
    [link] [comments]

    2011 MacBook Pro VERY STRANGE issues

    Posted: 08 May 2018 11:45 AM PDT

    EDIT: SOLVED ALL ISSUES, see comment for more details. (SuperDrive is only thing that doesn't work)

    Hi everyone,

    I am having a few strange issues with an old Early 2011 MacBook Pro 13-inch. The laptop was forgotten and hasn't been turned on in 5+ years at least. When I did turn it on it only had Windows 8 on it. I decided to wipe and install a copy of macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

    Specs:

    Intel Core i7 dual-core 2.7GHz 4GB RAM 1TB WD Blue Hard Drive.

    I installed a fresh copy of macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 on it and immediately noticed a couple of things that were not normal. The first one is that there was no model in "About This Mac" were previously in Sierra, it actually said (Early 2011, 13-inch) where now it just says "MacBook Pro".

    The other issue is that as soon as I unplug the charger, kernel_task uses 100% CPU and the whole laptop becomes sluggish. This is definitely not a power problem, nothing is wrong with the battery as it didn't do it with Sierra and it doesn't do it in Windows or Linux either. The trackpad becomes extremely jumpy and windows and animation stutter. As soon as I plug the charger back in, kernel_task goes down and the laptop is smooth. If it wakes from sleep without a charger though, it's smooth.

    I have reset the SMC and NVRAM/PRAM. It didn't fix anything. I noticed that the computer updated it's firmware as it made a long beep halfway through the High Sierra install. Another weird thing is that there is no Apple Diagnostics or AHT Test as the computer tries to boot into Internet Recovery when holding the D key during startup. I have also cycled the battery from 0% to 100% by charging it overnight and then running a stress test at max screen brightness to drain the battery quickly to try and make it healthier after being completely dead for 5+ years and it has actually worked really well, just a couple of cycles in and it is lasting 2 hours on a stress test instead of 30 mins before. This still hasn't fixed the issues I have described in the post though.

    I am now going to reinstall Sierra 10.2.6 and report back if that fixes anything.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Notes: There is no important data on it, so I can do anything you want me to in order to troubleshoot. Just tell me and I will go ahead.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Husky29
    [link] [comments]

    1-Year Limited Warranty Apple Care

    Posted: 08 May 2018 07:13 PM PDT

    I cracked the corner of my iPhone 8 screen today by dropping it. I recently bought my iPhone and I still have AppleCare according to the 1-year Limited Warranty. Can I get a screen repair from Apple for free or does the warranty not apply for cracks? If it is not eligible how much would it cost to get a screen repair in Canada?

    submitted by /u/Mechanical_Cat
    [link] [comments]

    How to get TRS external microphone to work on Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 03:23 PM PDT

    I have a Macbook Pro mid-2012 and I'm having trouble getting an external microphone to work.
    The mic is 3.5mm TRS and I purchased this cable thinking it would work:
    3.5mm Male TRRS to 2 Female TRS Audio Connector TRRS Y Splitter Cable Adapter

    No matter what order I plug the cables in, it's just detecting it as a Headphone output and the input remains as the internal microphone.
    Do I need a different type of adapter? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/_r123
    [link] [comments]

    when i screencast a video with my iphone 6s plus ios 11.3.1. i don’t hear sound if play the screencast. what can i do?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 03:20 PM PDT

    when i screencast a video with my iphone 6s plus ios 11.3.1. i don't hear sound if play the screencast. what can i do?

    submitted by /u/annoying_gay_kid
    [link] [comments]

    "SafariBookmarksSyncAgent quit unexpectedly" keeps popping up and wont go away!

    Posted: 08 May 2018 11:22 AM PDT

    I updated safari to 11.1 yesterday and ever since it has been popping up the same message "SafariBookmarksSyncAgent quit unexpectedly" and it just continues to come back. I cant open Safari either because "Safari cannot be opened because of a problem". I just want the message to go away. I don't use safari so i would be happy with just deleting it but when i move it to the trash mac wont let me. I already tried reinstalling/installing from apple developer website but it didn't do anything. Also the same messages appear when rebooted in "Safe Mode". Im currently running Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) -- macOS Sierra -- V 10.12.6

    submitted by /u/bendoverlowe2
    [link] [comments]

    Programs to edit & create a DVD movie with menus

    Posted: 08 May 2018 02:29 PM PDT

    So ever since iLife has been no more for many years now, I am trying to find a program to use on my iMac to edit and create a DVD movie for a graduation and I'd like to have a menu and a select scene. I always used adobe Premier pro and encore but Encore is no longer fully supported on Windows 10.

    Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/trinityhigh
    [link] [comments]

    [iPhone 5S] Can service affect a phone this badly or is this another issue?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 02:17 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I started working at a new place a year ago that's in a part of the city with bad reception. The building itself is a government building, which adds to the fun with further interference.

    Anyway, since starting work, I've had constant issues. The usual ones are bouncing between LTE, 3G, 1x, and No Service, with failed messages, calls, etc. The other things that are happening that are more annoying are the "phantom texting" things that happen: apps will be selected on their own, messages will start typing with no input from me, Youtube videos will pause and bounce around, autocorrect will kick in when not selected, etc.

    It's all very frustrating and I've gone through two phones now. The first I had since 2015, and last summer I finally took that phone in to Apple/Genius to see if they could figure anything out. They said the screen had been bent slightly which is what was causing these issues and then replaced the phone. Thing is, I only ever run into these problems at work, so I know it might not necessarily be a case of it being bent. The replacement phone was fine for a little while but about a month later started having all the same issues once again.

    I guess my question is, is this all really a result of service, and is there anything I can actually do to fix things? Would a newer phone model not have these problems? Thanks in advance for your help!

    submitted by /u/Minagoroshihen
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 Recovery Help

    Posted: 08 May 2018 02:13 PM PDT

    I have been trying to restore an iPhone 7 recently. There has been a slew of problems that have made it incredibly difficult to accomplish this. The reason for the restore is that the iPhone 7 has a problem with the mainboard making so networking features do not work. I initially believe it was just a bug and upgrading to the latest version of iOS would fix this issue. I believe this is the issue that started my problems. Since there is no way to connect it to the internet or wifi I updated the iPhone with my Mac. This however didn't work and I assumed it was simply because I was not updated to the latest version of iTunes or the latest of OSx high sierra which I now am. However I still get "error 51" when trying to restore the phone. I have put the phone in restore mode and DFU mode both fail to fix the issue. Now the iPhone is not working and is stuck in a boot loop, and I am not exactly sure why I am assuming it is because the operating system is corrupted because it finishes 50% of the restore and it fails. Is there any other steps I can take to fix this phone? My next step is taking it to the nearest Apple Store.

    submitted by /u/rwrose02
    [link] [comments]

    Spotlight no longer searching text within Word documents.

    Posted: 08 May 2018 02:07 PM PDT

    Both myself and my colleague have noticed that the mac search function no longer searches within word documents. we have totally separate computers, indeed i have high sierra, she has sierra. This is a massive issue for our research, and we were wondering if theres any explanation/help? I have already rebuilt the spotlight library but to no avail.

    submitted by /u/wireframejesus
    [link] [comments]

    How to get an iPhone X screen replacement for free or at AppleCare+ price?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 09:10 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I purchased an iPhone X 256gb by the end of 2017. Apple claimed this model to be the most hard and resistant device ever. Flashback: I always used iPhone's, my last iPhone 6s fell at least 50 times. Not a single crack.

    My super robust iPhone X, wearing a case fell just ONCE. Results: cracked screen, badly cracked back crystal. I mean it, one drop, hip height.

    I went to an Apple Store and they wanted to charge me about $550 for full repair, or $279 for front repairing. So, I was scammed by Apple, purchasing the most resistant phone ever made, and receiving the weakest. Nothing based on rumors, just first person experience.

    What can I do to pay at least AppleCare+ price? Or to elevate my claim to someone that can help indeed, and not just lure me. I sincerely feel scammed and want Apple to recognize that it is a manufacturing or advertising defect from which they should take responsibility and treat customers as they deserve. Is there any key word to say to Genius so they recognize a free or subsidized repair, or anything legal I can go with to make them react as they should?

    Thank you...

    submitted by /u/tucho77
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to restore an external HDD from a Time Machine backup

    Posted: 08 May 2018 01:31 PM PDT

    I came home today to see that my RAID enclosure had failed. This RAID enclosure is backed up to a NAS RAID enclosure (Time Machine) and to a cloud service. I'm not concerned that I've lost data. However, when I go in to Time Machine, the RAID enclosure does not show up in the sidebar, even at backup times when I'm certain it was connected to my computer and backing up. I am a professional photographer and I edit from this RAID box, so I know it was connected and am certain it is not excluded from my Time Machine backups, I have checked and double checked this.

    I've been able to mount my NAS via Finder, I can see the disk image containing my backup, and can "Show Package Contents" from Finder, but the package contents is a folder called "bands" and a few .plist files, I don't see backups.backupbd anywhere, nor does anything show up in the "bands" folder after waiting for over an hour.

    Is there any way I can get my files faster than it will take to wait for my cloud service to zip them and for me to download them? I'm up against a couple of deadlines and I'd rather not wait any longer than I have to. Is there a way I can find my RAID box within Time Machine? I'd prefer at this point to find the photo library I need within the backup, load that to a different drive, and go from there—is there a way to do this?

    Thanks a lot to anyone who can offer some assistance!

    submitted by /u/salmonellas
    [link] [comments]

    App specific password without any Apple device

    Posted: 08 May 2018 01:27 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I switched to android and whenever I want to login to my @icloud.com mail (let's say Outlook) it asks me for an app specific password. Can I generate one if I don't own an Apple device? Is there any other solution?

    submitted by /u/yoeyHD
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Mail not using Groups from Contacts properly?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 12:15 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    Operating on an iMac v10.12.6 (I know, I need an update)

    I've created a group in the Contacts app, consisting of 4 addresses. To test it, I went ahead in the Mail app and composed a new message. in the To: field, I typed the name of the group, "Freelancers." So far so good. To make sure that I am sending to all 4 addresses, I right-clicked and hit "Expand group" so I could see that all 4 were showing up. Alas, only one (the first in the group) showed up. When I removed that address from the group and repeated the process, NONE of them showed up.

    Can you help me troubleshoot this?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/dezstern
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel