• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 6, 2018

    macOS How to free space on macOS by deleting or empting "Photos" and "Music Creation"?

    macOS How to free space on macOS by deleting or empting "Photos" and "Music Creation"?


    How to free space on macOS by deleting or empting "Photos" and "Music Creation"?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 11:55 PM PST

    How to delete/empty "Photos" and "Music Creation"? https://imgur.com/zqJ1byo

    submitted by /u/samjeyyy
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to merge old and new time machine backups with the tmutil command; which command is appropriate for my situation?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 08:22 PM PST

    I have many different time machine backups for the same machine, but they are all distributed amongst three different UUIDs/drive IDs. This happened because I did three separate fresh installs of OS X over the past years without associating the backups through time machine with each install of OS X. Now those previous backups aren't being considered in the current backups. What I want to do, basically, is merge the data spread throughout all of the snapshots, so I can delete duplicates and continue backing up all of my data as normal.

    I've read about using the inheritBackup and associateDisk command, but their usage seems confusing at best. Some sites I've read suggest that I might need to use both, depending on my cirumstance, and then others talk about using associatedisk only, because it will process the inheritBackup command automatically.

    I've also thought about just restoring all of the information to an external drive, use some merging software, then start a new time machine backup. I just don't want to lose my data.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/llO_ol
    [link] [comments]

    inherited MBP from grandpa. can i buy high sierra somehow and install it ?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 02:03 PM PST

    new to Mac and i restored it when i got home. don't have a disk.

    edit: it's a mid 2010 MBP core 2 duo

    i am unable to do anything except

    restore from time machine (don't have any)

    reinstall os x (tells me it's unavailable after i log in with apple id)

    get help online (worthless)

    disk utility (no help in this situation)

    i have no option to check for updates

    i will gladly pay for osx i just want a way to install it without burning a disc or using a thumb drive.

    this is the stupidest thing i've ever heard of

    submitted by /u/helloyournameis
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble with the magic Keyboard.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 01:56 AM PST

    I have a mid-2007 iMac running EL Capitan. I bought the keyboard yesterday. Typing on it works fine. It's the function keys that don't work. When I press f11 to turn the volume down the open windows move to the sides to "show desktop" also The keyboard setup assistant can't identify the keyboard.

    I went far as deleting everything and reinstalling EL Capitan to see if it would fix it but it didn't

    submitted by /u/fizdog
    [link] [comments]

    High Sierra stuck on boot.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 01:58 PM PST

    Tried every type of reboot. Only option left is a reinstall of HS through recovery boot. I tried creating a copy of my data but disk utility doesn't see my external drive via usb. If I reinstall will I lose data?

    submitted by /u/lxmw
    [link] [comments]

    Time Machine and iCloud

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 11:23 AM PST

    Is there anyway to make it so time machine also captures things that are maintained on iCloud only?

    For example, I'd love to free up space by offloading my photos to iCloud only (through the optimize local storage feature), but then my time machine backups may not capture those photos/videos for my local backup. Or alternatively, if I turned on the same optimization feature for stuff on my desktop, but then it's not getting saved to my local drive...

    Any work arounds for this issue? Any thoughts on whether Apple would ever add it? If not for this oversight, I'd be able to free up a ton of space on my Mac or maybe even move to a smaller storage size in a future purchase. And yes, I like to have my own backup copy in addition to the cloud backups...

    submitted by /u/drdrake1023
    [link] [comments]

    Open then delete (proposed workflow for MacOS Open File dialog)

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 08:48 PM PST

    All copied folders need to have permissions added? How to change?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 05:45 PM PST

    When I copy a folder from my NAS onto my Mac I get the red circle with a white minus sign through it. In order to delete the folder or move it or anything I have to right click and add permissions first. This only happens on my NAS. I emailed tech Synology tech support and they said it's a MacOS issue. What can I do to change this?

    submitted by /u/JSyntho
    [link] [comments]

    Disk Utility Doesn't Allow Me To Create New Partitions on My exFAT External HD

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 11:29 AM PST

    I want to add a volume for my bootcamp on my external hard drive, but it just doesn't want to apart itself somehow. What can i get away from this?

    screenshot.png

    submitted by /u/oguzhanvarsak
    [link] [comments]

    external hard disk not recognized on high Sierra both in disk utility , terminal and finder?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 07:42 AM PST

    what to do if the external disk doesn't show up even after checking the show all devices option in disk utility. the external drive is connected and lights up but it does not show up on the finder or disk utility or terminal. but works fine on windows. any solution? I'm ready to format the drive to APFS if the drive shows up. By the Way the Mac's hard drive is on APFS.he system detects thumb drives but not the WD external hard disk 2TB(NTFS) and the system is late October 2016 MacBook Pro running high Sierra 10.13.3 (17D102). any solution?

    submitted by /u/1343Starscream
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to compare and sync folders?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 03:23 AM PST

    Hey everyone,

    at the moment I have three folders with pictures I took and/or saved on my iPhone. It's a bit messy I know. However I want to clean and sort them up now.

    I was wondering if there is a good App (I'm not used to the Terminal) which will allow me to compare two (three) folders and and show me which files are different/missing and let me merge them.

    Or would the best solution simply dragging all files into one folder and skip duplicated files in the promt?

    Would be nice to get some help with that and thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/t3ax
    [link] [comments]

    Is MacOS High Sierra safe to install by now?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 04:11 AM PST

    I installed High Sierra when it first launched, and I had a ton of visual glitches and bugs. Like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fic_YXgMW8c I liked High Sierra, it added small features that really improved my experience, but I spend a whole night reverting back to Sierra, as my workflow got destroyed, and most of Adobe's software had strange glitches. Has stuff been ironed out, or should I wait?

    submitted by /u/TheBsoBoy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel