• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 6, 2018

    Apple HomePod - Welcome Home by Spike Jonze

    Apple HomePod - Welcome Home by Spike Jonze


    HomePod - Welcome Home by Spike Jonze

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 09:04 PM PST

    Apple releases iOS 11.3 beta 4 for iPhone and iPad

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 10:02 AM PST

    Here’s how the iPhone 6s performs before and after a battery replacement [Video]

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 08:28 PM PST

    I'm Convinced the "whats a computer?" ad has got to be one of apple's most successful advertising in recent years…

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 05:17 PM PST

    People are still talking about the thing, even months after it was put out there. It sure as hell got a strong reaction, which is exactly what apple wanted.

    submitted by /u/unix_fan
    [link] [comments]

    How often do you factory reset your phone? I'm a Google Pixel owner, and saw this post in the Google Pixel subreddit which really irritated me.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 09:11 AM PST

    Link

    I don't know about all of you, but periodic factory resets should not be required to ensure proper functionality of a $900 phone.

    submitted by /u/americanmuscle1988
    [link] [comments]

    Who else here walks on the wild side and uses their iPhone naked without insurance or cases or screen covers?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 08:29 AM PST

    The iPhone 8 is such a beautiful phone and I hate using a case on it 😅. Wish I got apple care + though... but I was too late to get it. I'm sure most phone insurance companies only cover at the beginning of purchase too.

    submitted by /u/Dtrius
    [link] [comments]

    iMovie after 4 months is not yet compatible with iPhone X resolution

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 12:32 AM PST

    Apple is trying to force app developers to update their apps to run with the iPhone X resolution and yet they didn't update one of their most used app.

    Apple wake up!

    submitted by /u/Mr_Hyy
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone users: what do you most miss about Android?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 06:49 PM PST

    And what surprised you most about iOS/iPhone?

    submitted by /u/grasshopper690
    [link] [comments]

    Malaysian Apple retailer swarmed by bargain hunters seeking $50 iPhone 5s

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 08:20 AM PST

    Former Apple users, do you regret moving away from the Apple devices and their ecosystem?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 12:14 AM PST

    Just curious to know really. There's lots of reasons why somebody would want Apple devices but equally there's lots of reasons why somebody wants to steer clear of them as well.

    submitted by /u/BronzeHeart92
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to have my iPhone connect to a particular wifi immediately when in range even if its connected to another wifi?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 01:37 PM PST

    I live in a dorm which has its own wifi and then I have a personal router. It gets annoying to have to change it once entering my room, especially to control Sonos. Is there any automated thing my phone can do to remember to connect to my personal wifi.

    submitted by /u/JRR____Tokin
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch adoption

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 02:57 PM PST

    I could never wear a watch. I tried occasionally through my teens & when I turned 18 my parents bought me a really fancy watch which I wore for maybe a month? I always felt like there was no point, I had my phone in my pocket to tell me the time. Fast forward almost 10yrs & I feel like something is missing if I don't put my Apple Watch on first thing in the morning. Anyone else go through the same experience?

    And why did you get one in the first place? For me it was because I was addicted to my iPhone. The AW allowed me to get some distance from it & delete pointless emails or notifications at a glance rather than getting sucked in & reading them anytime my phone went off.

    submitted by /u/OhhDannyboyH
    [link] [comments]

    24 Hours with the HomePod

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 01:25 PM PST

    I decided to bite the bullet and buy the HomePod so I thought I'd give a quick review of my thoughts so far.

    Packaging:

    Nice, simple clean and elegant, everything we've come to expect with Apples packaging.

    Setup:

    Very similar to Airpods, you plug the HomePod in and it automatically comes on and you get some cards pop up from the bottom of the iPhone which takes you through the setup process.

    Music Quality:

    Phenomenal. I have a Bose SoundTouch 10 and the HomePod beats this, especially when it comes to higher notes/louder volume. The Bass is about the same on both but the HomePod really takes the lead thanks to the 360 sound. Music is clear, crisp and beautiful. Listening to Podcasts isn't "amazing" as voices for some reason can sound muffled at times, similarly if you use the HomePod as a loudspeaker for a phone call.

    Siri:

    Meh. It's Siri but with even less function than it has on the iPhone. It can't make calls, it can't answer questions like "Who founded America". It can give you detailed weather reports, add songs to playlists, create playlists, search and play songs.

    Siri has almost been "redesigned" specifically for music playback with the HomePod with everything else kinda put into the background. The things Siri on the HomePod can do, it does impressively fast.

    The ability for HomePod to hear "hey Siri" is quite incredible, with full volume and standing on the opposite side of the room you can simply say "hey Siri" in a normal voice and the music is.. dulled.

    If you've ever been to a club/pub when gone into the toilets, you can still hear the music but it sounds somewhat distant, the HomePod has that exact same effect when you've triggered Siri and it's a really nice touch.

    Unfortunately, there's no voice learning like on the iPhone. Any advert, any other person that says "hey Siri" triggers the thing, which is slightly annoying.

    It looks nice, it's very well designed and fits in just about anywhere you put it, Apple did a great job on the design.

    If you're looking specifically for a smart speaker, don't get the HomePod. Siri is lacklustre especially when compared to Alexa and Google.

    If you're looking for a high quality speaker foremost but with the ability to use a voice assistant, this speaker blows the competition out of the water for similarly priced speakers.

    If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer them.

    submitted by /u/QuitSplash
    [link] [comments]

    HomePod Tip: Create a Sleep Playlist

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 09:33 AM PST

    If you've got a HomePod in your bedroom, you might consider creating a sleep playlist for some nice ambiance/white noise to help you fall and stay asleep.

    It turns out there's all kinds of stuff on Apple Music, from rain sounds, to white/pink/brown noise, to soothing orchestral sounds. I found a rain sounds track I like. It's an hour and 15 minutes long, and I just added it 8 times to my sleep playlist, so it plays all night. It's nice!

    submitted by /u/realCodyOnReddit
    [link] [comments]

    What would be the worst activation word for Apple’s new home pod?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 12:19 AM PST

    Hey apple... hey. Hey apple, hey apple. Apple, hey.

    submitted by /u/indianastanley
    [link] [comments]

    Low power mode while locked

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 01:38 AM PST

    I was wondering if putting my phone (7 Plus) in low power mode when I won't use it for a while, like when I go to sleep, helps preserve its battery life.

    Not sure if it's useless because the phone will be in standby anyway...

    submitted by /u/nataliaveras
    [link] [comments]

    tvOS 11.3 beta 4 for Apple TV developers now available

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 10:03 AM PST

    Cleaning inner Airpod case?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 07:04 AM PST

    Probably just going to continue to use a Q-Tip to get some of the lint/fabric strands from my pockets out. Has anyone used something that works better? The Q-Tip just seems to move it around rather than pick it up.

    submitted by /u/titansfs
    [link] [comments]

    When you use “Hey Siri”, a Siri indicator dots should appear on the top write corner of the status bar to show that it’s triggered and listening, so the device were using isn’t interrupted with HomePod. And Siri will only cover the display when it thinks you want to use the device itself.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 06:21 PM PST

    If I rent a 4k movie through iTunes and connect my 2016 MBP to my 4k TV via HDMI, will the movie play in 4k?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 08:13 AM PST

    Trying to decide if it's worth the rent to get "The Darkest Hour" on iTunes to watch in 4k on my TV. Does anyone know if this will work?

    submitted by /u/linuxguy192
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a TI-84 emulator on the Mac?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 04:22 AM PST

    If anyone has any recommendations, I'd appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/cocobandicoot
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch/air pods worth it?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 02:06 AM PST

    Hey, I'm looking to get back into running and using an Apple Watch w/ cellular and air pods seems like a cool setup. Does anyone have experience with this combo? My dogs ruined my old Bluetooth headphones since I accidentally left them out, so I'm in the market anyway. I'm going to be doing 2-3 hour runs a couple times a week, so I'm curious about streaming music and navigating pandora/Spotify/Apple Music, tracking runs (Nike watch), and comfort/sweat durability of the air pods. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/bigred83
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel