• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 4, 2018

    macOS Deleting Storage but keeping macOS High Sierra??

    macOS Deleting Storage but keeping macOS High Sierra??


    Deleting Storage but keeping macOS High Sierra??

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 01:11 PM PST

    Can someone please explain to me how disk Utility works on the Mac? I'm not a computer expert and Im tired of googling this stuff. I can't find a class on how disk utility works. Ok here is my question. Today I wanted to do a factory reset on my Mac. I deleted the storage and the start up disk. Next thing you know I'm having to download yoshmite. And then after that was done, I downloaded OS High Sierra. But when I downloaded it it changed it to APFS file system by didn't let me change it to journaled. So here are my questions and please when you answer explain in baby talk lol. I really want to understand this once and for all. PS. Thank you all for helping me understand.

    1, where is the OS kept the storage or Startup disk 2, what is a start up disk 3, is journaled important or not. 4, should I use firevault and APFS? 5, what does firevault do to my files? Is there anything negative about using it and if I move files from my Mac to say a usb drive will firevault "change" anything about that file. 6, how do I delete all my storage but keep OS High Sierra on my Mac so I don't have to go Through that long process again.

    submitted by /u/RazorBackX9X
    [link] [comments]

    Is it practically possible to keep a Mac offline?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 12:34 PM PST

    I work as a developer at a government IT-department. Many systems we develop are of a somewhat sensitive national importance, so there are loads of security protocol, the entire development environment is offline, the building complex is like a fortress etc. My point is: a lot of money and effort has been put into making it possible to maintain security and protect the integrity of our code production environment.

    Now, a team of "renegades" amongst us have purchased a bunch of Macbooks for phone app development. They claim it's practically impossible to use a Mac offline, stating the reason that it needs constant updating of the OS, XCode etc, so they just went along and plugged them into internet connections, creating a sort of unofficial "other" development environment, with the expected load of quirks/workarounds as a consequence. It also introduces vulnerabilities in the previously rather tight security regime.

    My question, as a person who doesn't know anything about MacOS: is their claim valid? Can Macs not be used for app development without an internet connection, because it would be impractical to keep them updated? Aren't there some physical DVDs with updates you can subscribe to, as an alternative to internet connection? By impractical, they may mean that there are updates available you could download separately and install from a storage device, but it would be a lot of work to find the right ones. Please note that I'm not criticising MacOS here, I just want to understand. [edited for spelling and clarity]

    submitted by /u/grewil
    [link] [comments]

    How Do I Install Windows 10 When This Happens When I Use Bootcamp??

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 05:48 PM PST

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M4F7e28b9k

    This is really starting to annoy me, it's been like this for months. I gave up and I'm having my second round of attempts now. I try to load up the windows ISO through bootcamp and it will go all dandy and restart then what you see in the video is what happens. A second of backlight then no more, the touchbar won't light up and neither will the keyboard. It's not that bad as I can use a flashlight in the beginning but after you get started with the setup it's virtually impossible to see. Someone help me because I'm just about ready to toss this laptop across my room.

    MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) Processor 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

    submitted by /u/Kriojenic
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to reset the iTunes applications preferences without deleting music, uninstalling the app or losing play counts??

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 09:43 AM PST

    Does anyone know how to reset the iTunes applications preferences without deleting music, uninstalling the app or losing play counts??

    submitted by /u/jxyxnsmxth
    [link] [comments]

    rsync options for backing up iTunes' Music folder to portable HDD

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 04:15 PM PST

    Hi everyone.

    I want to make sure I have the right options for rsync to backup just my music folder to an external that I take with me to friends houses. I'm running a fresh sync with the command, so this is for going-forward. I ran "rsync -r <source> <destination>" for this one, but I know I will want more after the "-" going forward.

    Do I want "-rvhu" for a recursive, verbose, human-readable, update? I don't want it to duplicate, just add whatever is new. I never delete files from my library; it's add-only.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/GoldenBough
    [link] [comments]

    Safari loading YouTube videos twice before playing

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 06:34 AM PST

    Occurring on '16 MBP n/TB, High Sierra latest release.

    Every single time I play a video on YouTube this happens (it's been happening ever since I got it, not only on High Sierra):

    I click on the video from a search, the page loads and the video starts buffering and playing for a split second before the page is reloaded again, then it plays fine.

    Or I will open a couple of videos in new tabs, then later when clicking on one of those tabs I can see that the video has been buffering and starts playing again for a split second, but then the page reloads, and then it plays fine.

    Why is this, it's incredibly frustrating.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/raymanh
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Safari just not load any page?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 06:20 AM PST

    In 10.13.4 (beta) Safari will not load any page. Chrome, Firefox and Opera have no problems. I can't even uninstall Safari to re-install it. Anyone have an idea why?

    submitted by /u/tunghoy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel