• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 7, 2018

    iPhone Is there any way to disable sound for incoming calls?

    iPhone Is there any way to disable sound for incoming calls?


    Is there any way to disable sound for incoming calls?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 07:35 PM PST

    Somehow my phone number has fallen into too many peoples hands and it is getting ridiculous with prank spam callers every single day. Extremely annoying, I want to throw my phone in the wall. However, I can't mute the entire thing because I have PagerDuty for work and have to be on call sometimes. Is there any way to just mute incoming calls (no fucking vibration either) while keeping overall sound on?

    submitted by /u/ccc45p
    [link] [comments]

    (iphone 5 | iOS 10.3.3) Can't delete mp4 dvd backups.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 09:26 PM PST

    I put some dvd backups on my iphone forever ago. My wife uses it now and has no room for more photos. Where I'm at so far:
    Through itunes (on an imac), I saw the files under "movies".
    Apple did away with the Videos app at some point, and it won't let me redownload it.
    The Apple TV app library says I have no videos.
    It's only 3 files, but it's taking up 1.5gb in a phone where every mb counts.

    submitted by /u/Tokugawa
    [link] [comments]

    iOs 11

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 06:59 PM PST

    Currently running iOS 11.2.1 iPhone 8

    Is is wise to update to 11.2.6? Heard of some bugs so im not quite sure

    submitted by /u/jimmyrauth027
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for an iPhone antivirus app?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 02:21 PM PST

    Preferably a free one.

    submitted by /u/shurasokoris
    [link] [comments]

    Recently Deleted Photos won't permanently delete

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 09:45 AM PST

    When you delete a photo, it goes to the "Recently Deleted" album. From there it gives you the option to "permanently delete" selected photos. However, recently after a day or so, the photos I have permanently deleted will pop back up in that folder with an iCloud logo in the corner. How do I permanently delete these, or shut off the iCloud from restoring permanently deleted photos? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/IVIEDEIROS
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone keeps deleting app Documents and Data

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 08:00 AM PST

    Annoying problem. Happened with two gaming apps so far. Since about a month and a half or two months ago, my iPhone 6s (latest iOS) just randomly deletes the documents and data of my gaming apps.

    So, for instance, Summoner's War. The app size is around 60Mb I believe. When you open the app, it then downloads all the updates which comes in at around 1.3Gb. Which takes a while to get through. For some reason, multiple times a day (6 times today so far. Currently waiting for it to download all updates again) it will tell me it needs to download all the files again. They just get deleted for no reason. Just everything listed under documents and data. The app itself doesn't delete or need to redownload. It's also not a consistent thing. Sometimes the app opens with no problem and then I can open it 10 minutes later and it wants to redownload everything. At one point, while in the app, my phone screen locked. When I opened it, the app rebooted and started downloading everything all over.

    I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app but no joy. I've also turned off "Offload unused apps" (even though this deletes the actual app but keeps documents and data) but that's not working either.

    If you can help that would be much appreciated. I just want to be able to chill and pick up my phone to game. It sucks when I need to wait 15/30 minutes just to get on the game sometimes.

    submitted by /u/ashandblood
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Sharing Private Information thru emails???

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 07:59 AM PST

    Maybe this is more of a TIFU than a question. I assumed that whatever I name a contact in my phone is MY BUSINESS. I didn't realize my phone was sharing that information with email address recipients. My wife works with me, we run a business together. We are obviously always copying each other on business emails. Well, one day she changed her name in my phone to "Sexy Wife" as a joke. I thought it was funny and kept it in there. I didn't realize that email recipients would see the CONTACT NAME that is in my phone? Why would this occur? I thought they would only see other email addresses and whatever THEIR name for that email address is. For example, when I get an email from "rjohnson@gmail.com" it shows up as being from "Bobby Boy" on my computer, because that's what I named that contact. I've always used a weird way of storing contacts in my iPhone due to the way iPhone categorizes things. I write the first and last name of the person in the "First name" field, and then something to help me remember who the hell they are in the "last name" field so that this information displays when they call me.

    Example: first name: Bob Johnson last name:guy from Postoffice

    Are you telling me that my contacts can ALL see this information?

    Today I got an email from a customer who said "FYI, not sure if you know that this is how your emails are going out?" and highlighted "Sexy Wife" in my address field.

    FUCK! How embarrassing!!! I need to do some damage control. I don't know if "Mike Smith black dude from Accounting firm" would like how his name is stored. How worried should I be?

    submitted by /u/dumpster_arsonist
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Problem restoring iPhone 7?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 02:51 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel