• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 7, 2018

    Apple Apple Customer Support Comparison

    Apple Apple Customer Support Comparison


    Apple Customer Support Comparison

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 04:35 PM PST

    I have an iPhone X and my friend John has a Galaxy S8.

    Within days of each other, we both got a bright green line running down our displays. Like this

    Mine occurred 3 days after John, I walked into the Apple Store a few blocks from work, showed them my issue and left my phone there for repair. In just under two hours I went back and collected my phone with a brand new screen and glass protector.

    John is still waiting for his shipping box to arrive so he can send it back to Samsung.

    How you treat customers after the sale is incredibly important. As I use my phone for work, this made it incredibly convenient and caused minimal downtime. I'm very happy with the staff and customer support at the store.

    One of the main reasons I'll continue to buy Apple products.

    submitted by /u/Brodz64
    [link] [comments]

    I gotta admit, the "Bedtime" alarm sounds are one of the best out there.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 05:40 AM PST

    I woke up this morning to "First Light" and I held my phone in bed until it finished. It sounded beautiful.

    I'm a very light sleeper so I don't need any of those "Woop-woop that's the sound of da police" kind of alarms. Having something quite and relaxing is a good change.

    submitted by /u/YAZEED-IX
    [link] [comments]

    10-Year Anniversary of the iPhone SDK

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 01:37 PM PST

    LPT: take a screenshot or picture of your AirPods serial number. You can’t replace any parts without it.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 06:48 AM PST

    Do this when you first get them!!

    You can take a picture of the box or a screenshot from Settings > General > About > AirPods so that Apple can pull up the serial number.

    If you lose the case and don't have the serial number anywhere, you can't even replace the case without it.

    EDIT: punctuation

    submitted by /u/bbllaakkee
    [link] [comments]

    TheParallaxView is out for iPhone X!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 04:01 PM PST

    If you guys don't remember, this app got huge attention last weekend when a sneak peak was released: https://gfycat.com/HastyAthleticBluegill

    I just checked today and its out on the app store! Here's the link:

    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/theparallaxview/id1352818700?mt=8

    Excited to see the cool effects this has on future apps.

    submitted by /u/StraightZlat
    [link] [comments]

    Apple confirms it will stop taking iTunes LP submissions as of this month

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 11:30 AM PST

    Halide 1.7 brings Portrait mode and TrueDepth camera support, AR photo viewer & more

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 12:02 PM PST

    Favorite Apple Music Playlist Thread

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 07:21 PM PST

    Premade playlists offer a great way for users to discover new music and listen to songs that fit their mood. However, if there's one category I've heard Spotify trumps Apple Music in it's the variety of such playlists. With that being said, I've managed to discover some awesome selections and would like to hear your guys' favorite.

    My favorite is Classic Rock Icons which has a ton of great songs from the 60s and 70s.

    Let's hear some of yours!

    submitted by /u/StraightZlat
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought my first official refurbished Apple product

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 07:01 PM PST

    I was in the market for a new computer and had settled on an iMac 5k. I wasn't incredibly worried about having the latest and greatest (I opted for the MF886LLA.) Was wondering what other users' experience is with refurbished products, and whether or not I should cancel the order depending on your feedback.

    submitted by /u/DeltaBravo124
    [link] [comments]

    Unofficial selective sync tweak for iCloud Drive on macOS

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 10:40 PM PST

    GitHub link

    I haven't seen any threads about this solution, but have seen a lot of people requesting this option on Reddit. Since I was paying for the 200GB iCloud plan, but only using about 20% of the storage, I was looking for a way that I could actually use this wasted space and store data hogging files I'll probably never use again, but can't bring myself to delete (mostly old Pro Tools sessions that are more sentimental value than anything useful). I was disappointed to learn from searching reddit threads that this apparently wasn't possible; And I definitely didn't want iCloud loading up my already sparse MacBook storage whenever it felt like it.

    Just as I was about to try some sketchier 3rd party cloud services, I stumbled across this GitHub tweak for macOS that adds a drop down to the Finder window which gives you the option to remove the locally stored folder/file, while still keeping a copy safe on the cloud. I thought for sure it wouldn't work since I expected to see any mention of it here, but I've been using it on High Sierra 10.13.2 and it's been working great! After I finish uploading a folder to my iCloud Drive, I just highlight it and choose to remove the version on my hard drive. I just wanted to spread the word about this in case anyone was looking for a convenient workaround that didn't involve disabling iCloud completely and using the shitty web browser interface!

    submitted by /u/twhmike
    [link] [comments]

    Turn your Apple Watch into a Sheika Slate

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 08:55 AM PST

    Don't give up on your Airpods.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 06:52 AM PST

    My left Airpod stopped producing the same amount of sound as the right which was very frustrating. I chatted online with an Apple support technician & he and I both agreed it was a hardware issue and that I go to the "Genuis" bar to see if it could be resolved. I had cleaned them out, reset them, repaired them to phone, restarted my phone & checked the audio balance all to no avail.

    So I stroll into the Apple store for my appointment & wait 15 min past my appointment time to hear that they literally do not have any tests they run on Airpods. He was just going to see if anything was wrong with my phone so to save the trouble I told him the Airpods do the same thing when paired to my iPad. So of course the "genius" suggested I buy a replacement for $70 because the apple care has run out by three months. I said no because that's ridiculous.

    Last night I lightly brushed them with a old toothbrush & tapped the left one kind hard on a table. Now they work perfectly. $70 saved.

    submitted by /u/Cameron92
    [link] [comments]

    New Apple Website on AR features

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 02:01 PM PST

    Favourite iOS 11.3 feature: Keychain for WebView apps

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 05:21 AM PST

    No longer copying and pasting passwords from Keychain for trashy WebView apps. Probably the most underrated feature.

    A webview literally render web pages in apps (without showing browser like controls). Previously Password AutoFill worked for 'native' apps not written with WebViews. In iOS 11.3 Password AutoFill works in web views within apps.

    Snap: https://imgur.com/a/bmtb5

    EDIT: Added explanation

    submitted by /u/MalteseAppleFan
    [link] [comments]

    watchOS 4.3 beta 4 for Apple Watch developers now available

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 10:01 AM PST

    PayPal for iOS 6.23.0 (3/5/2018 update) removed Siri integration.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 04:11 PM PST

    The most recent update to the PayPal mobile app has removed Siri integration. So far I have not seen any other reports about it.

    At first I believed it's a bug, as I've used PayPal via Siri without issue within the last week or two (and I've not changed any other settings including my iOS version), so I attempted disabling and enabling Siri as well as deleting the app and downloading it again to fix it, but to no avail - every time I try to use Siri to send money via PayPal, I'm told PayPal hasn't set that up yet.

    I've reached out to the PayPal support team for an answer, but in the meantime, if you use PayPal with Siri frequently, avoid 6.23.0.

    submitted by /u/thefowles1
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch users with a 38mm face, did you wish you got the 42mm?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 09:08 PM PST

    Am considering buying one for my girlfriend as a birthday present, but not sure about the Watch size (for me I would want 42mm for sure). Those who have a 38mm watch, did you wish you had bought a 42mm instead, or are you ok with 38? Cheers

    submitted by /u/BurritoMonsters
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of HomeKit stuff do you guys have?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 03:49 PM PST

    I'm thinking of picking up an EcoBee3 Lite and some Philips Hue Lights to get started.

    What HomeKit stuff do you guys have and how has it been?

    submitted by /u/coffee-9
    [link] [comments]

    Considering moving from Spotify to Apple Music...

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 06:42 AM PST

    I really enjoy Spotify but it seems to lack Siri/Apple watch scheme of control.

    Anything that I should reconsider before making a change?

    submitted by /u/Wise3D
    [link] [comments]

    Tip: A Force Touch press on an icon in the MacOS Dock shows you all opened windows of that specific app (even if they are on different desktops!).

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 03:25 AM PST

    Why do I have to export things from Photos.app? Why can't I just drag files from there like a normal application?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 03:42 PM PST

    this is dumb. and the fan goes to warp speed whenever i try to copy a file, the hardest task in computing.

    submitted by /u/Dent18
    [link] [comments]

    I’m curious. Who still uses Apple Maps regularly for everything other than turn by turn?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 12:59 PM PST

    Seeing as other apps can't take over the lock screen like Apple Maps can, and links automatically pop into the Maps app, I do still use it for navigation almost exclusively. But I rarely find myself going to the app for searches. If I'm not googling it, I've gone to the Google Maps app. I just find it has so much more building and business data.

    And honestly, it makes me really sad. Because I LOVE the look of the Maps app. And I do love the way everything is laid out while navigating, in portrait and landscape.

    Apple, if you're going to not allow other apps the same functionality as your own, you've got to make sure that your offering is as good as, or better, than the competition. (I have the same problem with Siri. I do hope she gets better in iOS 12. I want a better Siri, not Google Assistant on my iPhone.)

    submitted by /u/Gymnastboatman
    [link] [comments]

    I’m sure my iPhone used to tell me traffic conditions before I set off for work - how do I re-enable this feature?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 11:56 PM PST

    I sat in traffic for an hour yesterday and spent all day trying to figure out where this feature went to. I can't see anything in widgets or map notifications - I used to receive an alert 10 minutes before leaving to say which the quickest route would be, but I honestly can't remember when it last happened.

    Edit - just realised I could ask Siri before setting off.

    submitted by /u/byjimini
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel