• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 7, 2018

    iPad iPad Pro 2nd generation owners, are you getting 120hz animations?

    iPad iPad Pro 2nd generation owners, are you getting 120hz animations?


    iPad Pro 2nd generation owners, are you getting 120hz animations?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 10:53 AM PST

    Since I received my second generation iPad Pro last summer, I have only had a stable 120hz animation performance on a few iOS versions. I had it on iOS 10.3.3, and it got worse with iOS 11. However it slowly improved towards iOS 11.2. Running iOS 11.2 seemed to have stable animations, but during the last incremental updates it seems to me that it's gotten worse again.

    On a side note, I see some of the same issues on my iPhone 8 not keeping up at 60hz all the time, but not as conclusive as on my iPad Pro.

    I'm wondering if anyone else feel the same, and maybe more importantly, do any of you run the beta of iOS 11.3, and does to fix these issues?

    submitted by /u/Jorgenrt
    [link] [comments]

    Cover compatibility for iPad Pro (9.7")

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 12:37 PM PST

    Am a prev iPad Air 2 owner, and was spoiled by the cheap accessories/clearance prices. I upgraded to an iPad Pro 9.7" (2016), but how does accessory compatibility work now?

    Am I able to use all iPad Pro 10.5" (2017) accessories? How about iPad Air or new cheap iPad (2017) accessories since they're all 9.7 as well?

    submitted by /u/dabussucks
    [link] [comments]

    Reddit client for iPad — recommendations?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 10:08 AM PST

    I am currently using Readder which I enjoy since it has keyboard shortcuts enabled (I usually use my iPad with the Magic Keyboard on its Logi Base dock so in portrait mode) — is this the only Reddit app with keyboard shortcuts?

    Narwhal, Apollo, AlienBlue, Bacon Reader, and the original Reddit app all appear to not allow you to use keyboard shortcuts or scrolling with keyboard arrow keys

    If I am missing out on a better experience / app that uses keyboard shortcuts and allows for keyboard scrolling within the app —- I'd love to know.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/cattusedentulus
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro 9.7 in 2018, is it good enough for art?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 02:22 AM PST

    Hi,

    So my intuos Pro tablet died yesterday, which means im going to have to save for a new drawing tablet. I've decided to save for a screen based tablet since i often felt a disconnect using the intuos Pro. I owned a Surface Pro 2 in the past, but the parallax between the pen and screen was awful (it had a weird drifting issue too at the sides).

    So, this leaves me looking at quite a few options. On the Apple side, the 9.7 iPad Pro is looking like the only option i'll be able to afford, costing around £350 after purchasing the tablet and the pen. Is this screen size workable for artists, and what is your opinion on it?

    Art for me is a hobby (although it's one i am quite passionate about). I am currently a student, so money is an issue here, which means a bigger tablet is just out of the question (10.5 being about 250-300 more without pencil, last gen 12.9 being £150-200 more with pencil.) Working artist is not a career goal of mine, and the iPad would become my primary drawing device.

    Outside of Apple, my options are to get a cintiq alternative and plug it into my Windows PC. This option would probably be the XP-Pen Artist Pro 16, which looks pretty neat. It costs the same as the 9.7" iPad.

    What would you do in my situation? iPad or cintiq alternative?

    Edit: Now proud winner of an auction on an iPad Pro 9.7 bought for £315

    submitted by /u/ArtSlammer
    [link] [comments]

    My first finished sketch on the ipad! It was really fun to use! (procreate)

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 02:49 PM PST

    Quick Charging 12.9 iPad Pro with Anker PowerPort+ 60w and USB C to Lightning?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 02:15 PM PST

    I bought a Anker PowerPort+ 60w with a USB C slot and also bought a USB C to lightning Apple cable.

    Will this combo provide the "fast charge" to the 12.9 iPad Pro 2nd gen?

    Or do you need the Apple 29w USB C Power Adapter to get the "quick charge?"

    submitted by /u/kmoroux
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a video player app with 5 sec rewind option

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 02:06 PM PST

    I want to watch my lecture videos on my iPad and would appreciate recommendations for a video player app with a 5 sec rewind button (or something close to that). My lectures are 1 to 2 hours long and using the slider option is very inaccurate, especially when I want to re-listen to something my professor just said.

    PS: If anyone has any recommendations on an audio app with a 5 second rewind button, I'd appreciate it as well!!!

    submitted by /u/Sir_Fred
    [link] [comments]

    Wait for the 2018 iPad Pro?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 08:35 PM PST

    I know I will be getting one... but should I wait? I'd hate to pick up a $1,200 tablet when a month or two from now we will see a big upgrade. With that said, what are the chances of a big upgrade vs an incremental step improvement?

    Are there any credible leaks, info, or predictions to go off of in making this decision?

    submitted by /u/Assinova
    [link] [comments]

    Has anybody had a 12.9 Pro and gone down to a 10.5? How’s your experience so far?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 08:53 PM PST

    I had the first 12.9 Pro and now I have the 2nd gen. Have had it since last summer and as much as I've always loved the larger size, it's starting to get to me. I notice how reluctant I am to take it out and use it like I really have to think "is it worth bringing that big ol thang out right now just for googling something". Whereas I held an iPad Pro 10.5 in store and it felt perfect. I was worried it would feel incredibly small in comparison but it actually has a really nice size to it.

    I'll probably wait until later in the year when the new iPads are out, but it definitely got me thinking. How about you guys?

    submitted by /u/duuudewhat
    [link] [comments]

    Is the came in the iPad Pro as good as the iPhone 7,8 or X.?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 09:12 AM PST

    iPad stuck on headphone mode... finally a solution that worked!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 03:58 PM PST

    I spent 1 hour and tried all possible solutions with software, etc

    What finally worked was turning the iPad off and using a paper clip to fling out lint or any other particles stuck inside!

    submitted by /u/astrodite
    [link] [comments]

    To the artists out there (especially tattoo artists): I can’t decide between procreate and clip studio paint and need help!

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 12:24 AM PST

    Greetings everyone!

    I am going to get an iPad 12.9 at the end of the month, and right now I am in the process of trying to understand which software I should use.

    I am trying to get into clip studio paint on my desktop, but after checking the iPad interface and compared it to procreate, it just seemed like a huge complicated mess. (At least for me, I am very new when it comes to digital art)

    But how does it fare against Procreate? Where does csp excel at?

    Since the iPad will be mostly used for practicing drawing dotwork & neotraditional designs, wouldn't it be „more userfriendly / efficient" to use Procreate, since I am not planning on doing comics / manga or animations?

    Edit: Although csp has a 6months free trial, I much rather would pay for procreate once, instead of getting a subscription.

    What are your experiences?

    I hope you can help me out:)

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Snowlight4
    [link] [comments]

    How is note taking with an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 02:20 PM PST

    I'm thinking about getting some sort of tablet for taking notes next semester rather than carrying around a stack of notebooks every day.

    The two options I'm thinking of are an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil or a Remarkable. https://remarkable.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI66ex-dzY2QIVBDFpCh0ZSwFMEAAYASAAEgJ2ufD_BwE

    Anyways, how is the quality of actually writing on the iPad Pro? What apps support it? Is anyone doing anything similar here?

    The benefit of the Pro compared to the remarkable for me is that I'd also be able to load all my eTxt books onto it as well further reducing how much I have to carry.

    submitted by /u/charononus
    [link] [comments]

    We're designing a 3D-Printed tablet accessory for a class and would love your input, just a few questions!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 05:23 PM PST

    How much is a second year iPad Pro 12.9 with shattered screen worth?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 02:29 PM PST

    I have a buddy that can't afford the $600 apple replacement screen so it has just been sitting since shortly after he bought it. I am now in the market for one, and it's the same specs he has. 256 gig, att cellular. I offered him $500 for it, and he countered with $400, with the apple pen, and the keyboard case. Is that a good deal, or should I pass and just buy a new one for just a bit more, but then obviously add apple care? I really don't have a want or need for the pen, or keyboard. He is a good enough friend that I will just probably let him keep those, or maybe just "borrow" until he buys a replacement.

    Lastly, if I was to make the deal. What are your thoughts on fixing? Apple pricing is huge to fix. Do the iPhone repair stores around town fix this as well, but cheaper? Watched a YouTube video where the guy makes it "look easy" but do not really feel confident trying to do it myself even though my dad was a tv repairman and I have the ultimate set of tools.

    submitted by /u/DARKCYD
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel