• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 6, 2018

    Apple Watch I joined the Watch Family !

    Apple Watch I joined the Watch Family !


    I joined the Watch Family !

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 01:46 AM PST

    Been in a depressed spell lately and I’m not gonna lie, closing my rings two days in a row for the first time in a long time felt kick-ass.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 01:14 PM PST

    Finally succumbed after several years !!!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 07:53 AM PST

    Space Black Series 2 with seashell sport loop

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 02:09 PM PST

    I'm going 100% Apple Watch LTE.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 09:46 PM PST

    The Light Phone 2 really grabbed my attention the other week but pretty quickly I started thinking, "Isn't this just a big LTE Apple Watch?". Then after listening to yet another podcast on tech addiction I've decided to try and make my Apple Watch my primary device for 1 week.

    In December I sold my iPad and it felt good having one less device to charge/update/distract. Today my iPhone is being locked in a cupboard but I expect I'll be very very happy to see it again on Saturday.

    Before committing to the experiment I categorised all my phone's home screen apps to ensure there was no show-stopping task I could no longer perform. Here's the list -

     

    Apps with usable Watch equivalents:

    Messages
    Maps
    Find My Friends
    Reminders
    Weather
    Music
    Phone
    Calendar

    Apps with workarounds:

    Camera: Borrowed an actual camera
    Podcasts: Can sync episodes via Apple Music (bit of a hassle)
    FB Messenger: Still gets notifications and can send replies
    Notes: Dictate memos using Just Press Record

    Apps that must wait until I'm "Back to the Mac":

    Safari
    iBooks
    Mail
    Photos
    YouTube

     

    Updating list of frustrations & issues:

    • Siri often can't understand extremely simple message dictation
    submitted by /u/jamesvdm
    [link] [comments]

    On Feb. 12, I made the decision that I was going to start actually working to close my rings, and get into shape. On that day, my goal was 600 calories. I haven’t missed a day since, and now my goal has climbed to 680 and still climbing! r/AppleWatch, you guys inspired me!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 05:58 PM PST

    LPT: If your battery is running down faster than usual/before, restart your watch.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 01:57 AM PST

    My battery was draining really fast. I didn't have any apps open in the task manager and thought the watch OS would take care of any memory leaks or excessive battery usage. Went down from 100% to 75% in about 2 hours. After restarting and charging, it was still upper 90s after 2 hours.

    submitted by /u/james_bond_junior
    [link] [comments]

    Felt like treating myself to something new - Black Classic Buckle!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 12:56 AM PST

    Portable charger?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 07:31 AM PST

    One of the reasons I stopped wearing my Apple Watch so much is I've been travelling a lot lately. Bringing the long wire with the circle pad is a tad annoying and cumbersome.

    Is there a portable charger for the Apple Watch? Something small and compact?

    submitted by /u/levelsixseven
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriend pressured me into getting an apple watch and no regrets love it!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 06:59 AM PST

    Major Gripe: I hate that when listening to music, the watch face defaults to music controls. Any way to change that?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 06:52 AM PST

    The title says it all. My wrist keeps adjusting my music!

    submitted by /u/ckk524
    [link] [comments]

    How long do/will you keep your watch before upgrading/replacing?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 06:50 AM PST

    I have the Space Grey Sport, and bought it in December of 2015. I've used it every day since then, but am noticing that battery life is starting to fade. I often need to recharge it after a workout or it won't last the whole day. It's also slowing down on certain things as the OS has moved forward.

    Thinking about maybe upgrading, but thought I'd check in with you folks. Has anyone upgraded from their first watch? What tipped the scales for you?

    submitted by /u/Harmania
    [link] [comments]

    How can I see my heart rate at a specific time on my iPhone

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 06:25 AM PST

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/TSAq11
    [link] [comments]

    Do you feel like your Apple Watch has become part of your wrist as naturally as a pair of sneakers on your feet?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 12:43 PM PST

    I remember before even the Apple Watch came out I would obsess about it in every way.

    How it would feel to wear, how the technology would change my life, how things were certainly towards the future I saw on TV as a kid.

    When it finally came out, I was super excited.... about the potential. It was a heavily flawed product. It was su-hu-uper slow. Try to open maps with Siri, while riding a bike was a suicide mission. But the hardware was gorgeous, despite initial mumblings from almost everyone, that it was 'bulky', 'ugly', and 'a misstep' for Apple.

    But I loved mine. Just as much as I loved the first iPhone. It sucked, but it was beautiful because someone tried making something that reached a little higher.

    The second and third version helped. That they completely revamped what the buttons did is a decision, that felt like it should have been. No one looked back, and everyone was on board. Sales started to pick up.

    But in all of it over the years, I've noticed that I don't look down on my Watch with the same excitement anymore.

    And I think it's exactly the moment in Apple Watch' development that the next quantum leap is made. Think of the transition from the iPhone 3G to the iPhone 4. Or from the 4/5 shape to the 6/7/8.

    I think we are transitioning.

    So this is more for speculation. What do you think the next Apple Watch will look like? Maybe not the NEXT one, but the one after that. Where is the product headed?

    And to the first question: Have you felt it has become part of you too? And could that be why we are ready for the next step in the evolution?

    submitted by /u/idiotdidntdoit
    [link] [comments]

    Series 2 AW no longer working out of nowhere

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 04:58 AM PST

    It was sitting at 85% right before I left the gym, arrived and it died and can't be turned on at all with any method. It's been sitting on the charger forever now getting warm but there seems to no hope. Anyone else experiencing this or knows how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/ManOfLibo
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone ever complete all rings without exercising intentionally?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 11:33 PM PST

    I have 500 calorie burn target and 30 minute exercise goal. Since getting a dog, I complete them pretty much every without working out.

    Edit for clarity: just wondering how useful the exercise goal is if one is able to complete it without going meaningful exercise.

    submitted by /u/james_bond_junior
    [link] [comments]

    Please god, how do I disable the last used app display?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 07:49 AM PST

    At some point in the past year my Apple Watch started automatically displaying the last used app when I raise my wrist.

    What this means is that if I have a missed call, it displayed the missed call screen (Call Back / Dismiss). I get TONS of these now with all the robocalls.

    As a result, if something triggers a tap on my watch, it calls back the number. So I'll just be standing here, and then hear someone talking on my phone.

    This is driving me crazy. Is there any way to turn it off completely?

    submitted by /u/ggabriele3
    [link] [comments]

    I wish more watch faces would have the cellular status on it

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 05:25 PM PST

    I like the explorer watch face but I like the Siri one more and wish it would have the cell status on it. I know swiping up shows it, but that's too much work for my Apple Watch #firstworldproblem

    submitted by /u/JimmithyWeav
    [link] [comments]

    Question: Heartrate inaccurately monitoring during heavy cardio

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 06:22 AM PST

    During my last few sessions of heavy cardio at the gym, I've looked down to check my watch and noticed it was reading anywhere between 70bpm and 80bpm, sometimes even lower than 60bpm (way too low for what I was doing). After a while it would jump back up to normal (somewhere between 130bpm and 160bpm). Has anyone noticed this happening for them, too? Any idea what the cause might be or what might be an effective way to get it registering correctly again?

    Worth noting that I've tightened my watch band and I've wiped the sweat from underneath the sensor.

    It's weird, because during some workouts - it's completely normal the entire time, but then others it will go back and forth.

    submitted by /u/floppydiskdriver
    [link] [comments]

    Shoot me up with Apple Watch questions and I will answer as much as I can

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 07:09 PM PST

    I'm an Apple employee and I love the tech. I know the average subscriber here is pretty knowledgeable about the watch. But shoot me up questions you might have! I'm really bored right now so might as well!

    submitted by /u/TobiasRules
    [link] [comments]

    Just added the Twelve south TimePorter to my collection. It stores your charging cables, USB charger and spare watch band, both a case and a stand.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 12:13 AM PST

    Series 3 Apple Watch glass prime to scratches.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 07:05 PM PST

    Sorry if this has been posted before, but I have a question that I'm hoping y'all can answer.

    Is it just me or is the series 3 Apple Watch glass insanely prone to scratches? I've had mine for a week now and I love it. However I lightly brushed it against my wall that has a small raised texture on it, and it immediately got 8 vertical scratch marks that do not come off. And I say lightly brushed the wall I mean I barely touched it. I can't imagine the screen would be this easy to scratch.

    Any one else have this issue? Or a fix?

    submitted by /u/kninetimmy1
    [link] [comments]

    Could some of you people with space black SS models post some of their band/face designs here? Curious and ready to upgrade!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 01:40 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel