• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 6, 2018

    Apple TV Anybody with Sony Bravia TV's have trouble with the ATV going into Sleep mode?

    Apple TV Anybody with Sony Bravia TV's have trouble with the ATV going into Sleep mode?


    Anybody with Sony Bravia TV's have trouble with the ATV going into Sleep mode?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 09:10 PM PST

    I have a Sony Bravia 49" X800D 4K TV and I'm having trouble putting my Apple TV 4K to Sleep.

    I'm aware of putting the ATV and TV to sleep by holding down the TV button on the Siri remote but I usually leave the ATV on the Home screen and turn off the TV manually and let the ATV sleep automatically that way. It seems to never work out for me. My other LG TV works fine.

    I have the ATV4K set to Sleep after 30 minutes and it never sleeps on time. Most of the time it goes to Sleep hours after the time I configured or it doesn't Sleep at all. I suspect theres something about these Sony Android TVs never turning off and staying in standby all the time that's causing this.

    I have HDMI-CEC (Bravia Sync) enabled and I tried turning it off but no dice either. The weird thing is if I'm watching TV on another device on another HDMI input, it sleeps normally after 30 minutes. If I turn off the TV manually on the input the ATV is connected to, it never sleeps.

    This issue occurs on both my ATV4k and ATV 4th Gen. I know I can set the ATV to Never sleep and forget about it but I'd love to have it go to sleep. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/punkdthrice
    [link] [comments]

    TvOS 11.3 beta 4 now available

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 10:29 AM PST

    Optical vs Coaxial Audio. `

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 02:56 PM PST

    I have an older Phillips TV (40PFL5505D/F7) and an even older Panasonic Reciever. (sa-ht290)

    The TV doesn't have optical out, only Coaxial, and the Reciever doesn't have HDMI in.

    For audio, I have to run HDMI to the TV, and Coaxial to the receiver, and it Sounds like shit. Is there a setting I'm missing that would make it sound ok?

    The ATV3 has an optical output, which worked perfectly for me. I left the ATV3 in my entertainment system, and switch back and forth.

    -- As a side note, having the 2 ATV's is handy when I have people over. I can watch the Hockey game on the ATV4, and listen to music with the ATV3 plugged into the receiver.

    **Edit- I just realized that I can run a software update on the TV via USB.

    This is in the release notes:

    The S/PDIF (Digital Coaxial) Audio port on the TV now outputs Dolby Digital audio if received on an ATSC / QAM signal via the TV's tuner.

    This fixed the audio quality.

    I'll leave this up in case anyone else has similar a similar problem.

    submitted by /u/The-Angry-Bono
    [link] [comments]

    Homepod as Apple TV speaker [problems]

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 12:59 PM PST

    Components -4th Gen Apple TV -Homepod

    Problem -Seems totally random as to when this wants to work. Sometimes it works fine as a speaker (chosen from either "audio output", or swiping down in app and selecting "living room"). Much of the time it will switch over to the Homepod, but upon audio/video playback will switch right back to the Apple TV speakers (my home TV)

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Justprocess1
    [link] [comments]

    4K from Apple TV and LG b7/c7

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 02:59 PM PST

    Hey guys am wondering if there is a difference in quality between aptv4k and Lg b7/c7 when you play something from YouTube/netflix?

    submitted by /u/adikk345
    [link] [comments]

    Issues connecting to network when waking device.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 02:40 PM PST

    I got an AppleTv 4k about a week ago. Have it connected directly to router using network cable. When I wake the device, it doesn't want to connect to the network and is essentially useless for about 5-10 mins. Then it connects and everything is fine. This started yesterday and wasn't an issue before. Resetting doesn't do anything either. Anyone else know how to solve this or should I take it to the apple store and replace?

    submitted by /u/Rumzdizzle
    [link] [comments]

    How to view PDF/PPT on TV via AppleTv

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 01:53 PM PST

    Hello, how can I present a PDF (Through my iPad) on AppleTV on my TV via Airplay?

    I have adjusted my PDF(Presentation) to be 1920x1080 but when I open the PDF, it presents itself in the 4:3 iPad aspect ratio.

    I am trying to open via iBooks but the I get the black borders all around. I want to view it as a widescreen. (Black borders on top and bottom).

    Any recommendations? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ehkim
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K Surround Sound Issues

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 11:00 AM PST

    I got an Apple TV 4k box the other day. With no optical connection, I'm wondering how to get 5.1 surround sound? I've currently got the sound going to the TV via the HDMI cable and then outputting to the surround sound system but it only seems to come out of the front 3 speakers. Can anyone help me please?

    submitted by /u/Vanilla-Face1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel