• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 6, 2018

    Apple Macbook My MBA 2011 replacement-battery capacity over time. It saw a ghost last night.

    Apple Macbook My MBA 2011 replacement-battery capacity over time. It saw a ghost last night.


    My MBA 2011 replacement-battery capacity over time. It saw a ghost last night.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 01:14 PM PST

    Macbook Air Mid 2011 - Swollen Battery, will it continue to swell while not turned on?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 02:26 PM PST

    I have a macbook air mid 2011 and noticed tonight that there is a large bulge which I expect is caused by a swollen battery.

    I have now turned it off and have ordered a replacement battery which will take a week to arrive.

    I have 2 questions:

    • In the meantime is it ok to leave the battery in the laptop just not turned on, or does it have potential to still expand and cause problems? (I don't have the correct screwdriver right now)

    • If the answer is to take it out, then is it OK to use the Macbook without a battery (i.e. directly connected to power) now that the threat of a dangerous battery has been removed.

    submitted by /u/meinmelbourne
    [link] [comments]

    Thunderbolt 3 Capabilities

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 01:03 PM PST

    I have a 2016 touchbar MacBook Pro and I'm trying to find a docking station that could handle 2 1080p monitor and one 144hz 1440p monitor. Is this even possible over thunderbolt 3?

    submitted by /u/andrewbi
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air -> USB-C Dock

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 12:40 PM PST

    Morning,

    I currently run a MBP 2017, and love my dock. And my wife is about to get a new machine, and I am tossing up between getting her a MBP to get USB-C or something else. She doesn't really care about her notebook just as long as it works. I would like the ability for her to connect to my dock, does anyone know if you can use a USB-C to USB3 converter so she can connect to the dock as well... or even USB-C to Thunderbolt?

    Cheers.

    submitted by /u/daven1985
    [link] [comments]

    2011 Macbook Pro GPU Dying

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 03:54 PM PST

    Bought a used 2011 Macbook Pro as a gift for my mom. I've got the same laptop and had the logic board replaced by Apple due to the known GPU issue. This new one immediately displayed the same symptoms and I spoke with Apple and they said they're done with the replacement program. Used logic boards on eBay look to run in the $500 range or more. Do I have any other options? So far I've tried begging customer support.

    submitted by /u/Waz0wski
    [link] [comments]

    Buyers regret... Just got a mid 2010 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 09:23 AM PST

    I wanted to get a Mac for audio recording and ended up with a mid 2010 MacBook pro. It has an i7, 8gb ram and I'll be replacing the hdd with a SSD. I just can't shift the feeling that buying something this older wasn't a good idea.

    Anyone able to give me some reassurances?

    submitted by /u/Turak64
    [link] [comments]

    2017 13" ntb mbp(512GB SSD, 16GB ram, i5) **OR** 2016 15" ntb mbp(512GB SSD, 16GB ram, i7, 2GB radeon 455) **OR** 2017 15" mbp refurb(512GB SSD, 16GB ram, i7, 2GB radeon 555)

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 06:50 AM PST

    Coming from windows, I am thinking about buying my first macbook pro, my budget is around $2000. I am a developer and I work with python, android studio and also looking forward to learn ios development. The 13"' costs $1899, this is the link!

    The refurbished version of the 13 is available at $1609.

    2016 15" costs $1999 , this is the link to 2016 15" tb mbp 2017 15" costs $2034 this is the link to 2017 tb mbp 15"

    Heard there are some issues with 2016 mbp, which one should I go for. I personally prefer to have bigger screen, but I have to compromise on SSD if go with 2017 mbp. If I go with 2016, will there be issues in the long run, also the reviews on 2016 is not at all good. Can we feel the performance difference between 15" and 13" mbp? Which laptop will be better in the long run?

    submitted by /u/jibinkmathew
    [link] [comments]

    buying an used computer for $3500 stupid idea??

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 08:37 AM PST

    just wanted to hear everyones thoughts its a 2017 macbook pro in mint condition 3 months old apparently on craiglist

    and maxed out with 1tb , 3.1 Ghz i7 CPU and with the stronger GPU

    would use it for mainly content creation , all of my friends are saying im crazy

    submitted by /u/itsromz
    [link] [comments]

    replacing superdrive with previous HD after installing SSD on MacBook Pro

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 11:50 AM PST

    I am about to replace my HD with a SSD, but i never use my superdrive anymore...soooooo...is it possible/easy to take out the superdrive and replace it with a clean HD (the former HD).

    EDIT to apologize in advance if this has been covered in the sub...after a few searches I couldn't find anything.

    submitted by /u/thefunivehad
    [link] [comments]

    Computer keyboard not working

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 10:33 AM PST

    My computer's keyboard doesn't works if I leave it closed for a number of hours. But if I close it for just a few minutes before opening it, it works just fine. So if it's closed for a long time, I have to power it off and then power it back on. Explanation please.

    submitted by /u/fashionquestion111
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading screen on macbook pro Mid 2012

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 08:46 AM PST

    I recently bought a slightly old Macbook Pro 13-inch laptop (mid 2012) and it's working great with an i5 cpu, 1536 MB Intel HD 4000 and 8 gigs of ram. However I would really like a higher resolution on this laptop, as I don't think 1280 x 800 is enough. Has anyone had any experience changing the screen to a higher resolution?

    submitted by /u/HappyInhabitant
    [link] [comments]

    2012 MBP 15" - YUIO keys no longer work

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 04:48 AM PST

    Hi Guys,

    Had the above issue for a while now, I'm pretty sure its a hardware issue. Anyone had a similar issue?

    Thanks, Sam

    submitted by /u/psisosceles
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2013 SSD caddy?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 03:35 AM PST

    Can I get a caddy for ssd? Also if I was to get a new Mac, could I just drag apps off the ssd and onto the new Mac? Thanks

    submitted by /u/staggerz94
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon.com: Kavalan 3 Port USB Type-C with Power Deliery USB Charging Station stand, USB-C Power Delivery PD Charger for New MacBook/MacBook Pro, Pixel C Tablet and more_Apple Watch Stand Included …: Cell Phones & Accessories

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 02:09 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel