• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 6, 2018

    Apple Help iPhone X Rear facing camera not working

    Apple Help iPhone X Rear facing camera not working


    iPhone X Rear facing camera not working

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 07:07 PM PST

    For the past few weeks I've noticed that my rear facing camera only works on slo-mo and panarama. Everything else the screen doesn't do anything.

    On photo for example, I can still zoom, change flash options, but I can't take any pictures. If I switch to front facing, it works fine, and I can use it through 3rd party apps like Snapchat. I've tried restoring, but that didn't work (unless I just restored whatever is causing it back onto my phone)

    Have any of you run into the same?

    submitted by /u/thechich81
    [link] [comments]

    I got an email titled, "Your account has been temporary locked, We faced some problems on your recent access account."

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 02:41 PM PST

    Here's what it says:

    "Dear sochabell, we inform you that your account is about to expire in less than 72 hours. It is imperative to perform a verification of your information from now otherwise ur accunt will be suspended. click the link below and using your Apple ID and password." The link provided takes me to an official Apple page, but this email seems so fake, especially considering the glaring typos. Has anyone ever gotten crap like this? It's not real, is it?

    submitted by /u/sochabell
    [link] [comments]

    How can I best determine which is faster: 2011 Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 2.7Ghz or 2012 Mac Mini Intel Quad Core i7 2.3Ghz

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 10:38 PM PST

    I'm looking to potentially upgrade from the dual-core i7 to the quad-core i7, and while I know the quad core is faster for sure I can't find any info that essentially lines the two up head to head and lets me know just HOW much faster the quad is, and if it's worth the extra 4 or 5 hundred I'd probably spend upgrading.

    Objectively, I'd say the quad-core i7 is going to be faster than the dual-core i7, but with the dual-core i7 being able to max out around 3.2Ghz using hyperthreading (I believe that 2.7 dual i7 is a mobile chip but I'm not sure) I'm not quite sure if the difference between those two is really going to stand out and make the choice to switch for me.

    I have no doubt the quad core will be faster in every test, but I'm wondering if that means that the 2.3Ghz Quad i7 laps the 2.7Ghz Dual i7 in every race, or does it just mean that the Quad still wins every time but only by a smaller difference than you'd expect considering all the quad's bells and whistles.

    I have the Dual Core i7 currently in my MacMini and use it for Music Production. It does a good job but lately I've been noticing the beach ball spinning under a heavy load a bit more often, and because of that I've been seriously considering upgrading. Whenever I research these two (and the 2.6Ghz i7) I can't seem to find any info on what the ending race time (so to say) would be between these two if they lined up head to head. If it's only a little bit it's probably not worth the money, but if the quad really does blow the dual out of the water even with the dual maxed at 3.2 and hyperthreading then I think I'll make the switch.

    Thanks and sorry for the rambling analogy :) Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/pavlovslog
    [link] [comments]

    Changed iCloud settings - 6000 photos deleted on iphone!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 10:09 PM PST

    Hi! I am in big trouble, and I really hope you can help me! I am currently traveling for a couple of months, and I am experiencing some iCloud problems. Today I wanted to see if I could delete the 5000 old photos from years ago from my phone (but keep in iCloud) so I had more space for new photos on my phone (I had them storage optimized, which meant I can only see them in high resolution when I had WiFi - which got annoying as the WiFi is not always good in hostels)

    I played around with some settings, and suddenly my iPhone deleted +6000 photos off of my phone - unfortunately they were all new photos from my travels, and all my old photos stayed. I can't for the life of me get the recent photos back! I tried reversing the settings I changed, but nothing is changing in my photo stream.

    I have iCloud-photo library on, as well as the photo stream and the optimize photo storage selections.

    I hope you can help me. Let me know if you need more information about anything - thank you in advance :)

    submitted by /u/honestdwarf
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 11 volume help

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 09:25 PM PST

    Would any knowledgeable people be able to tell me what settings I need to toggle so the volume on the ringer, and alarm stays at max, but keeps video volume low? I cannot seem to figure this out

    submitted by /u/Vancyer
    [link] [comments]

    Spilled tea on macbook air, now brightness keeps changing.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 09:17 PM PST

    I spilled some tea on it, but not much got on the parts that weren't covered by the case. It only got on the right side where there are USB ports and things. Even then, there were only flecks inside the indented bit, but I wiped them out and I don't think they got inside.

    But then I got a little notification thingy on the top right-hand side, saying to unplug the USB device or something that was using too much power. But there were no USB devices plugged in. My mac wasn't charging either, and the charge was at 44%

    I ignored the notification, but a couple of minutes later my mac's brightness kept going from normal, then randomly switching to any of the following:

    • The lowest possible brightness setting

    • An even lower setting where I can only read stuff on the screen by tilting it in bright light and everything's got a greenish tinge.

    • Being completely off.

    It alternates between any one of these every few seconds, though in the past few minutes that I've been typing this, it's gone back to normal.

    I tried shutting it down and turning it on again.

    What's going on? Should I be concerned? What should I do? I got this computer in November last year, I think. It's pretty new.

    submitted by /u/potatomar
    [link] [comments]

    Removing APFS container left over after erasing Boot Camp partition

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 09:15 PM PST

    I was just trying to remove a partition I created for Boot Camp as I don't use it anymore. I erased the data using Disk Utility on the partition and then was going to remove the partition but instead am now left over with a 40GB APFS container called Container disk1 that I cannot remove. I realise afterwards now that the Boot Camp assistant was there to help but it is obviously to late.

    Any advice on how to get rid of this waste of space and back to just a singular Macintosh HD drive would be appreciated.

    I am using a 2016 MacBook Pro running High Sierra.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/precariousowl
    [link] [comments]

    Audio not recording when using the Camera app to take a video using external microphone or headset (iPad 2017)

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 09:13 PM PST

    Device: iPad (2017) IOS version: any version of iOS 11

    No matter what I do, I cannot get audio to consistently record when taking video using the Camera app on iPad (2017) models when using an external microphone.

    I have tried 5 different external microphones, as well as Apple's Earpods. In all cases, the video records, but no audio is recorded, except if I hard reset the iPad, in which case it works for the first video and then fails one subsequent tries.

    I have tried many different iPads (2017)... including units in the Apple Store in Japan (where I live). The iPad has been exchanged multiple times and all have the same problem.

    If I use another app to record the video using the same microphones, it works properly.

    If I use an iPad Pro or iPad mini, audio is recorded properly.

    If I use the Camera app without an external microphone, audio is recorded properly.

    Simple steps to recreate the problem:

    1. Plug in a set of headphones with a microphone. Apple Earpods will suffice.
    2. Open up the Camera app.
    3. Take a video.
    4. Unplug the headset.
    5. Play back the video and see if audio has been recorded.
    6. If yes, try steps 1-5 one more time to see if it works on the second try.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DramaticWelder
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air battery replacment issues

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 09:04 PM PST

    I've got a mid-2012 Macbook Air that had battery at the end of life; was lasting only 2-3 hours. I went the DIY route and replaced it with a cheap Amazon battery which only lasted about three hours. I decided to get a little classier and ordered one from OWC which seemed a lot more legit, but the battery still is giving only about three hours. Is this standard for anyone else who has tried replacing the battery, or is there potentially another power issue in my system, and does anyone have a decent source for some trouble shooting tips? Or do I just need to hit up the apple store or move on to a new laptop? Thanks everyone.

    submitted by /u/KOdelphia
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro has physical damage. What's my best option to fix?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 04:26 PM PST

    My early 2013 MacBook Pro had something heavy fall on it, and now the unibody is bent into the shape of a slight U:

    https://i.imgur.com/DZGNfvR.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/jJhIfIj.jpg

    The screen also flickers black if I move it around too much, a few screws have popped out of the bottom, and the USB/HMDI ports on the right side of the laptop no longer register when anything is plugged into them. What a disaster >_<

    Anyway, I took it into an Apple store and they first called it a tier 4 level damage and were going to charge me ~$1400 to fix it. After some discussion they brought it down to tier 3 which is still about ~$1000 to fix. I originally purchased this as a refurb so at that amount it would almost be worth it to just buy a new refurb, but I'm trying to avoid that.

    Does anyone know of any other options for me to repair the computer for less than what Apple wants to charge, or am I pretty much screwed? This is my first Mac so I'm not really too sure where I can get it serviced.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Gizlo
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t connect to iCloud Music Library

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 03:54 PM PST

    I've been getting an error on my iPhone that says I can't connect to my iCloud music library. I've tried restoring a back up but I still can't connect to it. I can play music through Apple Music, but can't add anything to my library. I have attempted to connect to it multiple times throughout the day.

    submitted by /u/cohen_land
    [link] [comments]

    How can I factory reset an iPod Classic that has "RockBox" installed?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 03:37 PM PST

    I recently got a hold of my brothers old iPod classic and was excited to use it but realized it had a 3rd party OS installed called "rockbox." I much prefer the old iPod classic OS and plugged it into my computer to factory reset but iTunes isn't recognizing the device. How can I factory reset the iPod Class? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/plankus_
    [link] [comments]

    Series 2 AW no longer working out of nowhere

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 06:34 PM PST

    What is that grey dot (Mail, Mac OSX, Macbook pro)?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 05:58 AM PST

    This is the pic here

    submitted by /u/Jred139
    [link] [comments]

    does it help to format and reinstall OSX?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 05:50 PM PST

    i have a 8gb ram 2014 Macbook Air, which I upgraded to the new OSX's as they came out, so three times so far, I think.

    It has slowed down noticably over time, even for things like opening apps. Still usable, but I'm pretty sure it should be running faster than it is.

    I was wondering whether its worth while to format and reinstall OSX? And if so is there a good guide on how to do so?

    submitted by /u/khalido
    [link] [comments]

    Help with a simple script

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 05:07 PM PST

    Hello!

    I'm looking to create a simple script that will SSH into my NAS and run a series of commands.

    I'm not a script person but I know that I can create a simple shell script to log into my NAS, run a command, wait, run another command, then wait then log out. But I don't know the commands or he syntax.

    Can anyone help me?

    submitted by /u/giganto53
    [link] [comments]

    Cleaning up space on Macbook Air

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 01:14 PM PST

    I'm trying to clean up some storage space on my Macbook Air and I noticed that it said 2.8 GBs is from "Other Volumes in Container". I was wondering what this means, and if possible, is there a way to get that 2.8 GBs back?

    submitted by /u/thisisnicolle14
    [link] [comments]

    After updating MacBook from El Capitan to Sierra, keyboard and trackpad stopped working.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 04:59 PM PST

    Anybody has an experience with this? The past owner updated his El Capitan to Sierra then the trackpad and keyboard stopped working.

    Sometimes it works with command+option+shift+power button at startup but now it doesn't.

    The power button works though, so it must mean the keyboard does work. The settings said Trackpad not found. Anyone has an experience with this?

    submitted by /u/harell286
    [link] [comments]

    Question about laptop battery life

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 04:28 PM PST

    Let's suppose I want to just keep my laptop on all the time and connected to power. No sleep except at night. I'll just use the command to keep the screen off but the laptop still on.

    Will the battery still go through increased cycles if I do this, or is it taking power directly from the wall?

    Thanks in advance

    Only reason for not getting an iMac is that I'm paranoid about if I have to move and having my data out of my possession.

    submitted by /u/AngriestBird
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud photos have random country location stamp

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 04:26 PM PST

    I downloaded all my icloud photos to my pc to transfer to my new icloud account and when i uploaded them they now have random countries like biskek & jambyl , kazakhstan. Why are my albums saying this now? before i transferred them they said exactly where they were all taken

    submitted by /u/Anthony4114x
    [link] [comments]

    Mirror and control iphone from ipad

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 02:39 PM PST

    I haven't been able to find a clear solution on this although seems simple. Is there any way to have an iphone mirrored to an ipad and also controlled by it? Basically like you're using your iphone just on the ipad

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/koalakatie
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone (SE) is having trouble when I play music. When I go into songs it doesn’t shuffle when I tap the shuffle button.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 02:22 PM PST

    Can't login to my iMessages and Facetime on my Macbook Air

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 08:20 AM PST

    I have been unable to login to my iMessages and Facetime for the last 3 days. Every time i try to sign in i get the message : An error occurred during activation. Please try again.

    I have Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3 and had no problems previously. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue. I tried all the solutions given on the apple site but none of them worked out.

    submitted by /u/samedaynewshit
    [link] [comments]

    iPad 4 keeps pausing in the middle of actions.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 02:05 PM PST

    When I am using my iPad (the iPad 4, unable to be updated to iOS 11 so I'm on 10.3.3), sometimes it just.. stops. It doesn't react. It doesn't do anything, for about three to five minutes. Once it starts working again, everything I've done suddenly happens in the space of a second or two, so I often hit the lock button just to turn the screen off, as it'll be obvious when that happens.

    I've done a soft reset, a hard reset, a backup-and-restore, and it still keeps happening. Apple Support has been pretty much entirely ¯_(ツ)_/¯ about it, so I'm looking for more help.

    submitted by /u/mephron
    [link] [comments]

    Given an error message when trying to report a problem with a purchase

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 02:02 PM PST

    I'm attempting to request a refund for an in-app purchase made yesterday. So I go to reportaproblem.apple.com, pick the purchase, then select an option from the dropdown menu and write my reason. The guides I found say that this is where apple support will review your reason and issue a refund if they deem it acceptable. Instead of that I'm just being told "We could not process this request". From what I've seen people have been asking about this exact problem for years and years but I can't seem to find a solution.

    I've tried both Safari and Chrome and got the same result on both. The Apple support page just tries sending me back to reportaproblem.apple.com and doesn't offer a number I can call. I'd rather not call support but if that's all I can really do then I'll have to figure out which number to call and give it a shot.

    submitted by /u/ryein-ryeout
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel