• Breaking News

    Monday, March 5, 2018

    Apple Help My iPhone was bricked after visiting Apple Store. What should I do?

    Apple Help My iPhone was bricked after visiting Apple Store. What should I do?


    My iPhone was bricked after visiting Apple Store. What should I do?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 10:10 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I recently brought my iPhone 6 to an Apple Store for the battery replacement program that they have.

    For those who aren't aware - This is what I'm talking about: https://www.apple.com/au/iphone-battery-and-performance/

    Apple is reducing the price of an out-of-warranty iPhone battery replacement by A$80 — from A$119 to A$39 — for anyone with an iPhone 6 or later whose battery needs to be replaced, available worldwide through to December 2018. Details will be provided soon on apple.com/au.

    After inspecting my iPhone and returning it, I was advised by Apple that the device was not eligible for the battery replacement because they found signs indicating that the device has been tampered by a third party repairer. This is true, last year I dropped the phone, the front screen was cracked and I brought it to a mobile phone repair place at a shopping centre.

    Therefore, no work was done on the phone. I accepted this, admitted that the findings were correct and happily took the phone. (I just found out that replacing the front screen on iPhone now involves a bit more than just touching the screen, a long while back I remember not having to touch any of the back component when I replaced my own iPhone's front screen)

    The issue is, however, I took the phone home and was unable to turn it back on. The phone is now dead.

    I rang up Apple on the following day and was advised over the phone to bring it back to the 3rd party repair shop. This, to me, does not sound right, because the phone had no issue since the replacement of the front screen. This senior technician guy on the phone advised that I could bring it back to the Apple Store that I visited.

    So that's exactly what i did, however, I have been advised by the store manager/ supervisor as well as the Apple Genius Bar worker (without looking at the phone) that the argument still stands that I have violated my own consumer's right by having this phone repaired/ tampered by a 3rd party repairer and that they refuse to look at the phone, let alone repair it.

    This, to me, is absurd. I fully accept that they cannot replace the battery for my phone. However what I brought to Apple was a phone in full working condition and they have returned to me a dead phone that I can no longer use.

    How should I follow up with this? Am I screwed? Should I visit Consumers Affair?

    Thank you for taking the time to read this.

    submitted by /u/miishk4
    [link] [comments]

    Strange profile showed up on iPhone

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 01:54 PM PST

    a friend of mine asked me why she kept getting spam email advertisements. I check and she has a whole new email account just for these spam emails sitting on her iphone 6S+ with ios11.x non-jailbroken. I do some further checking and find that not only this but she's got a whole profile installed just for this thing. I took some screenshots before removing the profile and posted them on imgur. Anyone every run into this? It seems pretty crazy. right now I'm landing on the theory that she went to some site and click enough ok buttons and went through enough actions to finally get this profile installed on her iphone.

    Here's the imgur album

    submitted by /u/McShoggoth
    [link] [comments]

    Low CPU usage, fans blasting. How can I figure out why my macbook is getting hot?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 09:47 PM PST

    Already reset PRAM and SMC.. I'm running some programs that are fairly resource intensive but for example right now I have 91% CPU idle and my fans have been on full-blast for like an hour.

    2015 15" rMBP maxed out. How can I figure out the culprit?

    submitted by /u/Mike
    [link] [comments]

    Lost iPad tracking tips

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 09:36 PM PST

    I have an iPad Mini 3 running iOS 11. I lost it three days ago but did not realize until now. When I try to locate it using iCloud, it says the device is offline, most likely because it ran out of power. Is there a way to see a complete, continuous GPS history of the iPad? I know I had it at a specific time and place three days ago and I want to see if it ever moved since then.

    Any other useful tips for locating a lost iPad?

    submitted by /u/bc414
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes Genius playlist question!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 09:09 PM PST

    (I'm not sure where else to post this, so I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place.)

    So I started using Genius playlists the other day because I was kind of getting sick of the same old music in my iTunes library, but instead of branching out, it plays tracks from about eight different albums, and all from ones that I have already in my library. Isn't it supposed to be more of a genre thing? Any idea why it's doing this or how I can get it to add more?

    submitted by /u/disloyalbuffaloes
    [link] [comments]

    New 2017 MacBook 12" or 2015 refurbished?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 04:33 PM PST

    I'm getting a new 12" MacBook for browsing and some basic programming in college. My university is having a tax free day w/ education discounts, so I can get an entry level model for $1249. But Apple's refurbished section has 2015 entry level models for $929 ($1022) after tax. Are the benefits of the 2017 model worthy of the $227 price increase, compared to the 2015 model?

    submitted by /u/BinaryStrigoi
    [link] [comments]

    I really could use some help with my new iphone!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 07:16 PM PST

    So i broke my old iphone screen to the point where i cant see anything on the screen. So i bought a replacement phone. When i got the new phone in the mail, i pressed restore last backup from iCloud. i was then sent a verification code to my number. But i cant use the old phone to verify the code. I cant seem to get around this and have applied to account recovery apple offers but i was told that it would take a minimum of 3 days. If someone could help me out and tell me what to do so i can restore my phone from my icloud it would be greatly appreciated!!!

    submitted by /u/tristonakers
    [link] [comments]

    Headset's mic works on iPhone but not Macbook?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 06:26 PM PST

    I have this headset here, although my model doesn't have the call button on it. It works perfectly fine on my iPhone for Skype and Whatsapp, but even though I tried plugging it into both audio in and audio out on my Macbook (Mid 2009, running El Capitan), nothing happens. I tried a Skype test call and I tried an audio recording application, and when the device was chosen as the audio input, there's just no sound being recorded.

    I did go to settings and click on the headset to choose it as the audio in device, but normally you can see the input bar moving if you make noise into the mic on this screen, and it's completely flat, no sound being input through the device whatsoever.

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    EDIT Fixed some details

    submitted by /u/NonrecreationalAwl
    [link] [comments]

    Video and Music problem with recent update on my iPhone 7 32gb

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 06:16 PM PST

    I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, or if it is related to this new update. My iPhone cannot record video. This includes not only the camera app but also snapchat. Also, I cannot listen to any music with wired headphones. I've tried multiple pairs of earpods and multiple 3.5mm dongles and nothing works.

    submitted by /u/Travisgrr
    [link] [comments]

    Weird spot on stock camera app

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 05:58 PM PST

    weird spot on stock camera app but not on Snapchat or Instagram

    There's this weird spot thats been on my stock camera app. It doesnt show on other apps though. Anyone have any ideas?

    Iphone 6 Plus 11.2.5

    submitted by /u/BasedGod96
    [link] [comments]

    mid 2012 macbook pro: vertical lines then shutdown occasionally followed by three beeps repeating, example in the post

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 05:57 PM PST

    Messages on iMac problem

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 05:52 PM PST

    Hi there, so I'm logged into the same iCloud account on my iMac as I am on my iPhone and I have a specific group chat I text a lot in. When I text in the group chat on my phone, it sends to the right place, but when I try to text in the same group chat on my iMac, it sends it to an entirely different group chat with the same 8 people. On my Mac it shows up as being the same group chat, but on my phone shows it as two separate ones. Anybody have an idea of what I'm doing wrong? I've attached some pictures for clarification.

    This is what it looks like on my mac: https://imgur.com/a/m4kAB

    And here's the two separate group chats on my phone. The first one is the one where my texts end up, and the second one is the chat where I'm trying to send to. It's the same people in both.

    https://imgur.com/a/Wk6bm https://imgur.com/a/i42bx

    I logged in and out of iCloud but still no dice. I'm also coming up as a "Maybe" number on my friend's phones when I text them from my Mac, even though it comes from my phone number. I know this probably has something to do with what accounts I'm sending and receiving iMessages from but I can't seem to find the right combination to put it back to normal.

    EDIT: mislabeled the two pictures.

    submitted by /u/adamjocon
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE system and apps crash -- need advice

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 12:38 PM PST

    I'm currently running iOS 11.2.6. I have intermittent crashes to both apps and my entire device. Did a system check with Apple and they said my hardware and OS were running fine, and they guessed it was app-based. I removed a lot of apps and I'm currently keeping notes on when it crashes, trying to determine which apps I can keep and which I cannot. I should also mention, I started this practice after a complete system restore.

    Short of doing the above one app at a time from a restore (which defeats the purpose of having a smartphone) are there any more recommendations that would help out? Other common issues are/were Safari crashing or not loading page. Sometimes messages has a hard time accessing my contacts as well.

    submitted by /u/andrewjoegeorge
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro freezing constantly after repairs.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 12:07 PM PST

    I just got my MacBook Pro (with TouchBar) repaired after the keyboard quit working right. That solved that problem, but now the computer freezes so frequently that it's unusable. No pattern that I can detect. It wasn't doing this before the repair.

    The touchpad still moves the cursor, gives haptic feedback, and makes a click sound. Clicking the touchpad has no other effects. The touch bar has options visible, but doesn't respond to touch. When it times out, touching it makes buttons visible but none of them do anything. Pressing keys on the keyboard doesn't seem to do anything either.

    A hard restart fixes the problem temporarily, but sometimes for only a few minutes at a time. (And can also take several attempts before pressing the power button does anything.)

    macOS is fully updated to the latest version.

    submitted by /u/furtivepatach
    [link] [comments]

    Having problems sharing contact cards in iOS? Me too. Why?? :-(

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 03:07 PM PST

    Hey Reddit friends,

    A friend of mine suggested I reach out to you guys about a problem I continue to have on my iPhone. Maybe you guys know the solution or cause of the problem??

    On my iPhone (currently running 11.2.26), I have my contact book "my card" set up. It's located at the top of the contacts when I open the contact book app. I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about.

    When I click on it, scroll down, and press Share Contact to messages, it immediately takes me the message app. Great! I then type in the phone number I want to send this contact card and then press return on the phone keyboard. When I press Send is when the problem begins. It takes FOREVER to send off. Sometimes upwards of a minute. Sometimes however, it does it in less than 5 seconds. Sometimes it doesn't send at all. Why??

    It's so inconsistent and so frustrating. For myself, I am in a direct sales business as a Realtor and I'm constantly trying to share my information with others. It's my "digital business card" and provides all the info anyone needs. It even links people my various web pages. I love it when it sends off. I don't love it when it doesn't send off.

    Any ideas on why this is happening?

    Sincerely,

    Sleepless Over iPhone Problems In Portland, OR

    submitted by /u/TheDucksTales
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped my 2013 rMBP and now the right fan is constantly making a sound. Driving me nuts.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 02:46 PM PST

    I dropped my MBP about 16 inches off the couch onto a laminate floor. No physical evidence at all. However, I can constantly hear the fan on the side that I dropped it (right side). The fans are going about the same speed and the left is silent. Thoughts?
    edit: Model A1398

    submitted by /u/dbernie41
    [link] [comments]

    Tried renaming my home folder - a nightmare

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 10:47 AM PST

    I tried following steps to rename my home folder and it did not work at all. I changed it in Advanced Options with a second administrator account, moved the files, logged back into the other one and none of the folders worked. I logged into second account and moved the folders into a Shared folder and could not transfer at all either. I am running out of space to copy folders into new folders and now i have all my files in 3 home folders that only my dummy admin user can use, and I reverted back to my old home folder. I have some files that are now only accessible by my new admin named beef cuz i thought i would just use a second admin for this use... Beef can access files copied into Shared, Beef, and new home folder New home folder can only access files in old home folder

    My old home folder has my old name and I don't like it. Did I do something wrong? I tried following Apple's support page exactly. Should I try again with a new folder, and not move anything over until I log back into the other account? a nightmare honestly

    submitted by /u/uhohspaghettiohnos
    [link] [comments]

    Two numbers linked on a phone

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 10:41 AM PST

    Non-apple user here and I have no idea what to do.. Google has failed me.

    So at work we recently got a new iphone. There is two separate numbers on it, bosses personal number and the actual work number. The work phone is recieving my bosses personal texts. How would I go about removing the bosses number? I found an option to deregister Bosses Number, would that be the right option?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Milkandwine
    [link] [comments]

    Airport not turning on

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 10:32 AM PST

    I have a 13inch macbook pro, mid 2009. 2.26GHz , 8GB of RAM.

    I tried using mountain lion, snow leopard and El Capitan, and in all of them i have the same problem. The airport is not turning on. If i install windows or linux the airport works, so it must be a software problem, what can i do?

    submitted by /u/ortegabartolo
    [link] [comments]

    Airpods won't connect to iPhone

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 10:19 AM PST

    I use my Airpods daily. Yesterday, I put them in my ears and they wouldn't pair with my phone. If I put them back in the case, opened the case, the charge level would pop up automatically. But they wouldn't actually connect to the phone for audio. I tried manually selecting them, but it just said "Failed to connect". Then I removed them, and re-paired. They were re-added to my phone, but still wouldn't actually connect. I finally restarted my phone and then they connected fine.

    Today I went to use them. Same exact thing. Had to restart my phone to get them to connect. It's a bit ridiculous, having to restart my phone every time I want to use them. Are there any troubleshooting steps I've missed?

    submitted by /u/DVNO
    [link] [comments]

    Thunderbolt disconnecting randomly

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 10:03 AM PST

    Mid 2011 imac 27 inch keeps on losing my hard drives connected to it. Not fun

    submitted by /u/YodaHead
    [link] [comments]

    COMPLETELY remove all Adobe files

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 07:42 AM PST

    Hi, I have searched endlessly about how to completely remove Adobe files from my laptop. It is clear that Adobe makes this intentionally difficult. Can anyone direct me to an app or instructional guide that will help me accomplish this? I am moderately comfortable with the command line. I just want to cure my computer of this disease. For reference, I once had the adobe master suite installed ("uninstalled" most of it, but some support files remain) and am presently trying to remove Adobe Reader DC. I would like to wipe out the application and all supporting files, folders, and settings that have ever been on my machine. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/donflaco
    [link] [comments]

    Mission Control assigning to all desktops and clicking them does not bring them to focus

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 09:51 AM PST

    When I am using Mission Control and I have a window assigned to all desktops and I click that window, it will bring it to focus then immediately go into the background. Is there a work around for this problem?

    submitted by /u/Kanetsugu
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with music library after upgrading to iPhone X

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 01:32 PM PST

    Before upgrading from my 7 to the X, I had no issues with my library and Apple Music. Since I did, though, there's a ton of music that is greyed out on my phone, making it so I can't play it. There's also tracks I have that are alternate or acoustic versions of a song that have been switched over to just being the normal song whenever I try to play it. Any fixes that aren't going to mess up my library more?

    submitted by /u/CapnJubwub
    [link] [comments]

    How to set-up old iMac (mid-2011) as a monitor for my 2015 Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 01:21 PM PST

    I have a thunderbolt-HDMI cable and an HDMI cable, but the command-F2 shortkey for target display isn't working at all. Do I need to get ANOTHER thunderbolt-HDMI cable and have it go from thunderbolt USB <-> thunderbolt USB, or is there any way to set it up with the HDMI USB plugged in on MacBook and the thunderbolt plugged in on the iMac? Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/rycrates
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel