• Breaking News

    Monday, March 5, 2018

    Apple Macbook Dark system theme?

    Apple Macbook Dark system theme?


    Dark system theme?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 08:35 PM PST

    Does anyone know of a way to change the theme of Finder and other system applications to a dark UI theme? I've done some googling but none of the solutions I've found seem to work, specially the one at this address.

    I'm looking for something looking like this: https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/2000/1*IBHKsnIsXU6UDDke_Kv_Tw.jpeg

    submitted by /u/seacucumber3000
    [link] [comments]

    How do i fix open GL not supported?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 04:31 PM PST

    This is for fortnite

    I searched on Google and there is a way to fix but it doesn't really explain the steps. This is my first Mac and i don't understand how anything works. Could someone explain step by step how to do this? I'm used to playing in console were everything is done automatically

    submitted by /u/I_Have_3_Legs
    [link] [comments]

    Replace or upgrade? (Macbook Pro 13-inch Late 2011)

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 01:13 PM PST

    The title sums up my problem, I'm looking at either upgrading from my old Macbook pro toa newer model, or replacing the ram and HDD with a SSD. I multitask a lot of memory-greedy applications like Eclipse, Visual Studio Code and Discord. I'm willing to spend around $300-320 for the replacement parts, but I'm afraid of it not making much of a difference on my really old laptop. I don't want to spend more than $1k on a new Macbook..

    submitted by /u/Tastypita
    [link] [comments]

    2012 MacBook Pro, experiencing issue with vertical lines then shut down and occasionally three repeating beeps

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 06:07 PM PST

    Best place to sell a macbook?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 09:40 AM PST

    I got a Macbook Air 2017 and I do not like it. It is beyond the return date, though, and I don't want to lose much money on reselling it. It is in excellent shape, like new, and only been lightly used for the past couple months. Is there a good website for this, or should I just try ebay? I've never sold an electronic before so I don't know the best approach. Will someone pay retail price for it, or should I mark it down? By how much should I mark it down if it is essentially a new laptop with no problems? I have also a Nexcase cover for it.

    submitted by /u/VirgiliusMaro
    [link] [comments]

    external hard disk not recognized on high Sierra both in disk utility , terminal and finder?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 02:31 PM PST

    what to do if the external disk doesn't show up even after checking the show all devices option in disk utility. the external drive is connected and lights up but it does not show up on the finder or disk utility or terminal. but works fine on windows. any solution? I'm ready to format the drive to APFS if the drive shows up. By the Way the Mac's hard drive is on APFS.he system detects thumb drives but not the WD external hard disk 2TB(NTFS) and the system is late October 2016 MacBook Pro running high Sierra 10.13.3 (17D102). any solution?

    submitted by /u/1343Starscream
    [link] [comments]

    Since when did the Macbook's get so useless?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 01:53 PM PST

    I'm looking to buy a new Macbook, I can already sense I'm going to have to budget a few hundred dollars for adapters just to do normal things we shouldn't be paying extra for. No SD slot, no USB slots, everything goes out of one USB C port, so you can't charge your macbook and use any other feature mentioned above. What is the point? Why do this? Who is this helping? This is so fucking infuriating. They're changing things just for the sake of changing them. I will now honestly pay extra for an older MacBook that I can actually use. I'm usually pro apple and have everything from them, but this is getting ridiculous.

    submitted by /u/Filmmagician
    [link] [comments]

    Is my Macbook Air part of the walking dead (and is there anything I can do about it?)

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 12:02 PM PST

    Hey,

    I spilled a fair amount of water on my Mac last week. The repair shop gave me a quote of how much it'd take to repair, which is non-economical. The laptop still functions, though with some reduced performance.

    The repair shop said the mother board, the logic board and the RAM (amongst other stuff) needed replacement (or at least were damaged).

    So, is it just a matter of time until the old girl never wakes up again? Is there anything I can do now at this late stage to prolong the lifespan?

    submitted by /u/mckiesey
    [link] [comments]

    Running Multiple Displays on Late 08 Macbook Unibody (macbook 5,1)

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 07:25 AM PST

    Hey all --

     

    I tried to search the sub for this, but didn't seem to find it. If anyone knows its been asked, please let me know.

     

    Because of this sub, I max upgraded my macbook 5,1 to run high sierra and its been awesome. I now, by luck, have two monitors that I'd like to use for this and just leave the laptop monitor down. However, obviously only having one display port poses an issue.

     

    Does anyone know of a solution to allow 2 monitors to connect as separate displays using 1 display port for a macbook this old? Not sure what the display tech version is, but i imagine being nearly 10 years old its a little antiquated.

     

    Thanks in advance for all yalls help!

    submitted by /u/Superjain123
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to attach 2016 tbMBP to 3440x1440 external monitor.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 09:33 AM PST

    Hi all,

    When I first purchased my MBP in late 2016, I picked up Apple's USB-C to HDMI dongle; at the time there were very little options to choose from so I went with what Apple provided. There were a lot of wake/sleep and lag issues so I ended up not using the dongle and just going without an external monitor.

    I know a lot has changed in terms of dongles and docks, but I'm really lost as to which one to use. Specifically, I'd just like to connect my MBP to my Dell monitor. Personally I don't think I need a hub as my mouse and keyboard are both wireless, but if a hub/dock delivers a better experience with the monitor then I'm all for it.

    Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions, thank you!

    submitted by /u/charliemikewelsh
    [link] [comments]

    What should I use to run an ethernet cord into my mac?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 06:57 AM PST

    I'm just looking to increase my download speed/internet speed. Would you guys recommend using a lightning thing for that input on the left or use a usb/ethernet thing? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/00WELVAERT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel