• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 3, 2018

    Apple Help I still use an Iphone 4S. When you text someone a photo is there a way to send a non-resized image via text? I'd like to send full size images to family's phones sometimes without having to email it to them.

    Apple Help I still use an Iphone 4S. When you text someone a photo is there a way to send a non-resized image via text? I'd like to send full size images to family's phones sometimes without having to email it to them.


    I still use an Iphone 4S. When you text someone a photo is there a way to send a non-resized image via text? I'd like to send full size images to family's phones sometimes without having to email it to them.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 06:14 PM PST

    Is there a way to do this or is there a limit to mms images that doesn't allow this? Or is it in newer versions of iOS? My old Iphone runs iOS 9.

    Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/martinaee
    [link] [comments]

    "MacOS could not be installed on your computer" when updating 2013 15" MBP

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 10:13 PM PST

    I'm using a late 2013 15" MBP with High Sierra (10.13.2) and I'm getting pop ups telling me that I need to restart to upgrade the OS. But when I do that, it tells me that MacOS could not be installed on my computer. Here's an image: https://i.imgur.com/odx8ncm.png

    All I can do to boot the computer into MacOS now is hold Option while booting to select MacOS.

    Any tips on what I can do to fix this?

    submitted by /u/hedonistlettuce
    [link] [comments]

    Copying apps from iPhone to iPad & back

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 09:59 PM PST

    I have an app on my iPhone 6 that I want on my iPad Air 2 & vice versa for another app. I need to move Photo Vault from my phone & Tumblr from my iPad. The catch is that Tumblr is on an older version than the one on my phone which I like better & is still compatible with iOS 11 while Photo Vault has a large number of pics, GIFs, & MP4s organized in a specific way on my phone which I need replicated on my iPad & is also still compatible with.

    I downloaded iTunes 12.1.3 in order to get the app management functions back that the newest version removed (really stupid move by Apple btw) but I forget how to move the apps between devices. I've done it before with another app from my iPad to my iPhone but it was 2 years ago & I can't find the tutorial I used back then.

    The problems I've run into so far:

    1. I followed the steps of one tutorial telling me to transfer purchases from both devices & then select the app I want for the receiving device but it's terribly written & the tutorial doesn't account for different iTunes versions. Also just trying to move Photo Vault with that method doesn't copy the pictures inside it.

    2. I already used Photo Vault's feature of wirelessly uploading pics to the app from my computer but uploading even 2 at once disorganizes the whole collection & I have over 22K in it. I need the app from my phone to overwrite the one on my iPad & to keep the original organization.

    3. I've tried using iMazing to copy Photo Vault from my phone & move it to my iPad but it corrupts the file in the process so I can't do it that way.

    If there's any other method of taking the apps from their respective devices & copying them to the opposite ones, let me know please.

    submitted by /u/Destroyah340
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 8 water help

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 09:22 PM PST

    So I was at a swim meet, and my iPhone fell in the pool, which has chlorine. I was like, meh its okay, and I took it out of the pool in it's case, and I left it be in my bag. The water was in fact still in the area between the case and the back of the phone, but my bag was dry. About 5 minutes later, I start using my phone again, and it was working fine. But when I was using it, the service stopped working, and I was like, "thats weird", and then suddenly the screen turned black and nothing worked. I tried turning it on, and it would show the apple logo, quicker than it takes for a shut down phone's apple logo appearance, and the screen would just turn black again, or it would be black with a tiny grey line that was random, but horizontal. It would keep repeating, apple screen, black/grey line, apple screen, and on, until I held the power button and both of the volume buttons, which turned off the phone. I went home, and after 30 minutes of leaving it alone, I remembered to take out the sim card, which I did, and the white line was not red, if you know what I mean, the water symbolizer in the sim card area Im not sure what its called. Either way, about 2-3 hours have passed, I've layed it out with a sim card, on my scarf, to dry. I put the sim card in, and I turned it on, and it worked, but there was a noise of static coming from inside the phone, and I think this was a electrical problem with the water or something, but either way, I turned it back off, and it started doing the same apple logo, black screen thing again. I shut it off with the volume and power button, and I have left it since. What should I do? (I removed the case as soon as the phone turned black)

    submitted by /u/QwertyKimchi
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone GPS not working, but bluetooth, wifi, and others work fine?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 09:02 PM PST

    I tried googling for answers, tried most of their solutions and I got nowhere. Out of the blue, my iPhone stopped accurately tracking my location. Apple Maps doesn't show an accurate location with a blue circle (not a pulsing one) and Waze says "No GPS." Some people said it's a bad antenna but my bluetooth, wifi, and cellular work just as fine as they normally do, so I'm not convinced it's a hardware problem. Does anyone have any solutions I can at least try?

    submitted by /u/chaNcharge
    [link] [comments]

    New to iOS: How can I get Apple Maps to stop turning on the screen while I drive?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 08:45 PM PST

    This question exists verbatim from a couple years ago, but I'm curious if there's any new work arounds. Since I'm using my IPhone X for music in my car and like having it face up so the sound from the front facing speaker isn't muffled by the car seat. I'd like to keep using Apple's Maps if at all possible since I'm rocking the Watch and Google doesn't integrate with it from what I gather. If getting a black piece of paper for my phone is the solution, then I'd like to know. I really don't like having a flashing light in my car going off every 5 minutes.

    I seriously wonder why Apple doesn't give us these seemingly simple settings. This isn't the first time I've been confounded by the lack of a setting. Swapping from Android has been nice in some ways but aggravating in others.

    submitted by /u/crash5545
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook iPhotos

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 08:44 PM PST

    Hi! Good day! How can I transfer my pictures in iPhoto in my mac to an external hard drive? Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/med_av
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X Camera App has Frozen twice in the last week. Software or hardware issue?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 08:35 PM PST

    I'm not fully sure what the problem is and I can't reliably reproduce it. At one time, I was just taking photos outside, using zoom, changing exposure, etc. And then suddenly the camera app turns black and doesn't take photos. When I try it in other apps, it's black screened as well. I fixed it by hard resetting the phone.

    In another occasion, the camera app froze (but didn't turn into a black screen) as I try to take photos. I fixed this one by force closing the camera app.

    For either case, I have not been able to reproduce them at all.

    I almost think it's a software problem, since it's so inconsistent (maybe memory issues?). I suppose a loose connector in the camera module would make this occur more consistently. Does anybody know anything about this?

    submitted by /u/HoshidanFromYlisse
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone 5s constantly crashes - what can I do?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 02:15 PM PST

    I bought my iPhone 5s in February 2017, completely new, and in about november (I wish I had taken note of when it first crashed, but it was around then - early december at the latest) when I was checking my mail app, my phone crashed. Since then, it's been crashing periodically; at least once a day- with some occasional breaks of 3-5 days or so when it doesn't crash at all. Recently, when I updated my phone to ios 11.2.5 (I think- I updated it in early feb if that helps) it didn't crash for around 3 days but then had the worst crashes I've ever seen - crashing on the hour and taking around 10 mins to reboot.

    So that's a bit of background to the crashes and now I'll describe what they look like.

    First the screen goes black- but it's still on. This lasts for about one second and then the screen turns off. After another 1-2 seconds, the screen goes to the black screen again with the white apple logo. This part can last for up to 30 seconds. If it doesn't manage to turn back on after that (which it has only done once or twice) then it does one of two things. Go black (screen still on) and then turn off and boot back up again (with white apple logo) or display this weird screen (attatched is a mockup of what it looks like if the video is not clear enough - https://imgur.com/4irdaFE) and then the screen will go black (still on) for not very long and then turn off and go back to the white apple logo. Sometimes the initial screen after it crashes will be this red and blue screen. In addition to this, if I have my headphones on, I can hear a small click- similar to the sound you hear when unplugging a cable from an amplifier or speaker.

    It often crashes after a page has frozen or something like that. The app that crashes my phone most frequently is snapchat- which now crashes after use over about 2 minutes. However, any app can crash it and pretty much every app I use has crashed it at one point.

    When it crashes, it also heats up a lot. I have also attached a map that shows the hottest points on the phone when it is attempting to reboot (https://imgur.com/5Xx428X).

    WHAT I HAVE TRIED SO FAR: - Turning off notifications: It still crashes, even when I have no service -Airplane mode on: Better, but it still crashes often - Factory Reset: It crashed when I tried to input my Apple ID - Recovery mode: I put my phone in to recovery mode and after being plugged in to my laptop, itunes said 'there is a problem with this iphone' and attempted to fix it by reinstalling the software (i think???) but my phone crashed so much during the reinstalling that it said that I had to do a factory reset, which I did again, and did not stop the crashes. -Update to new ios Nope. Didn't crash for about 3 days but then crashed frequently

    So, yeah, that's my problem and any help would be GREATLY appreciated- this is making tasks that used to be super easy a NIGHTMARE because my phone crashed before I can do them!

    Also, I have attatched a video of what my phone does when it is trying to reboot: https://streamable.com/1t3x8 (Also this video shows the weird red and blue lines clip towards the end)

    Any other useful info: When it's plugged in to my pc and rebooting, the usb in usb out sounds will play frequently as it turns off and on. It sometimes crashes on the lockscreen after successfully rebooting- so it doesn't even need a program running to crash!

    Thank you so much for reading through this!

    submitted by /u/behven
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook was bugging out, but I managed to do a backup of critical data. Now that I’ve restored from a backup from, I’ve lost my more recent data. Will my computer bug out again if I restore it from a backup version where the computer was bugging out? Cuz that’s where my data is.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 07:26 PM PST

    Super good craiglist deal... with a catch?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 06:55 PM PST

    Hey guys! I'm looking into purchasing a loaded MBP 2016 touch bar for a pretty good deal, but it sounds like there is some backlight bleed (no dead pixels, but when the screen is black, definitely a noticeable bright spot in the corner). Do you guys think this is something that could evolve into a much larger problem? I don't mind the discoloration but am mainly concerned about the whole screen dying or something. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheWalkingGeek
    [link] [comments]

    transferring my messages from mac to new iphone

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 06:33 PM PST

    So I got a new iphone today, backed it up to my macbook like I was supposed to.
    Now when I went to restore, it said The Data was corrupt. The only thing I really want to transfer over is my imessage.
    Is there any way to transfer imessage from my macbook to my iphone?
    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/groovemonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Usb enclosure for mz-jpv512s Ssd ( Macbook air 2013 )

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 06:20 PM PST

    Hey all i have one from a machine with a smashed screen that I thought id use as an external drive but i can seem to find a reasonably priced one. Has anyone had any luck finding one that is around the $ 20 price range ?

    submitted by /u/Fuse1on
    [link] [comments]

    When adding 2 specific songs to my playlist, they’re changing to the clean versions automatically

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 11:14 AM PST

    I think this may be a problem with the specific songs but I'm not sure. Whenever I go to add 2 specific songs from an album onto my playlist, it is changing them to the clean version even when I add the explicit. It's only happening with these 2 songs on the album. Does anyone know how to fix?

    submitted by /u/aidandunsmore
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Recovery Errors(Disk Utility + Terminal)

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 05:09 PM PST

    Alright.This has been a bad week for me and my 2010 Imac.Almost nothing has been working without errors.

    It all started when i wanted to install windows. I basically deleted MacOS accidentaly.

    NOTE:All of the following has been done in mac recovery mode.

    Thank god for mac recovery.But Its not working as smoothly as I would have hoped for. When I go to install high sierra on the internal disk it says"this disk is not journaled" so I journal it with disk utility.After that It says"macOS cannot be installed on this disk". And this is where I really got lost. I tried erasing or partitioning the disk it gives me an error saying"media kit reports not enough space for the requested operation" I saw a post online saying you could fix this with terminal.So I typed this command(sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/disk2 bs=1024 count=1024) And terminal says"sudo:command not found" And errors lead to more leaving me in a stale mate at this point.errors popping upleft and right.I give up.any solution to any of the problems mentioned is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Indoskeletial
    [link] [comments]

    bent iphone 4 frame

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 12:53 PM PST

    hey , im on a quest to restore my brother's old phone. the biggest problem i encountered so far is the bent frame , it was hit in the top right corner really hard and the metal frame bent into the phone at the corner and stuck out at the top of the phone so i cant press the power button anymore. can i dissasemble the phone at a point that there is just the metal frame so i can hammer it back in shape ? cause i tried bending it back together with one of those big metal clamp things that you use to keep stuff in place and it didnt work , it just goes back together so... you have any idea on how i could do this ?

    submitted by /u/Franke004
    [link] [comments]

    I'm going to go insane - iphone won't charge with macbook

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 04:11 PM PST

    I have an iphone 7+ and a mid 2015 macbook pro retina. I have tried 4 different cables (pretty sure all apple) and it just keeps connecting and disconnecting. No power or internet so I'm trying to watch neflix on my iphone by mirroring to my laptop, but it isn't working

    submitted by /u/redditbrock
    [link] [comments]

    Blackbox app causes my iPhone X to be incredibly unresponsive, is this just me?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 03:23 PM PST

    I recently downloaded the game Blackbox after seeing some recommendations on the r/apple subreddit and while I like the game quite a bit, my iPhone X gets incredibly slow while using it and it becomes very difficult to use the phone without turning it off and back on again. My current OS is 11.2.5, but I assume that being behind by one iteration wouldn't impact this at all. Is anyone else experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/BalticSilver
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to register a new @icloud address that doesn't exist

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 11:10 AM PST

    I have a very unusual six-letter last name. I'd be surprised if there were more than a few hundred people in the world with it. For the purposes of this post, let's say it's Abcdef.

    If I can, I'd ideally like to register just my last name as the email, so Abcdef@icloud.com. However, when I try to do this, I am told it's no longer available.

    Here's the weird part: when I email Abcdef@icloud.com, Abcdef@me.com, and Abcdef@mac.com, all of them bounce back. There seems to be no actual account made, yet the username is still unavailable.

    Are there reasons why this would make sense? I checked to make sure that there's not a minimum number of characters, but it's three, and this is six, so that can't be the issue.

    submitted by /u/exzact
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 video playback problem

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 02:35 PM PST

    It plays back the video, but the sound is very normal but gets quieter and jumps back up during replay. What's the problem here?

    submitted by /u/tilted0ne
    [link] [comments]

    I am having trouble with my iPhone 7's charging port and the Smart Battery case.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 10:49 AM PST

    Hello. I have been having some extremely weird issues with my I phone, and its Smart Battery Case

    Whenever I plug it into the case, it charges for only a few seconds, just to disconnect, even after putting the case to charge multiple times

    Whenever i try charging the phone through a plugged in case, the phone never gets any power. Instead, I am assuming the power is going to the case itself, as evidenced by the orange light once I disconnect it

    I have lent my case to a family member who also owns an iPhone 7. While the case has been charging his phone, the charger has never been able to charge both the case and the phone.

    I went to the Genius Bar recently, they said that the issues were thanks to a dirty charge port, they have cleaned it out completely, and gotten my phone to connect and charge through the smart battery case. It has been hours since I have left the apple store, and I have not been able to get the phone to charge through my case on any of my attempts, it just connects and disconnects within a matter of seconds.

    Does anybody have any potential fixes or solutions to my problem. Thank you, and have a nice day

    submitted by /u/thatsamusmain
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage issues

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 10:33 AM PST

    Hi,

    I was iMessaging the day before yesterday when suddenly my messages / their messages to me weren't delivering. I enabled airplane mode, closed Messages application, disabled airplane and opened Messages again.

    Every text thread was deleted and the app barely works, it freezes up when I try to open it and then once it does open I cannot send / receive any texts / iMessages at all.

    When I go to Messages in Settings, it freezes up and then tells me to input my Apple ID & password, I do, it sits on "Verifying" for a minute or two and then tells me it's unable to reach the iMessage server and to try again.

    PLEASE tell me there is a solution for this? I called Apple support and they were no help at all, told me to ensure my time & date was correct and to airplane mode etc - nothing worked. The only thing I can think of that I haven't tried yet is a restore > backup but that's really my last resort.

    Hopefully there's a fix. >_>

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Castiel9009
    [link] [comments]

    Need to install leopard Mac OS (10.5.8)

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 07:44 AM PST

    I use my old MacBook Pro in tandem with a Yamaha DM1000 digital mixer. I've got everything running smoothly. I downloaded a driver for an Apogee sound card and installed it. It asked me if I wanted to reboot the computer to finish the install. I told it yes. Now the MacBook won't get past the initial boot up screen. I called Apple. They told me I need the OS install disk. I don't have one. They can't even give me a digital download for money. I know this is antiquated OS and computer but I don't have the time to update my entire system around a computer. So, I'm in need of finding the install disk. Or a place to download it from. I've never used a torrent or the like so I'm a noob. Any help out there, please?

    submitted by /u/neve1064
    [link] [comments]

    15 macbook pro running slow

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 09:55 AM PST

    I just bought a brand new 2017 15' macbook pro with the Radeon pro 560 and base CPU and it's running Csgo and fortnite really badly (worse than my old laptop with a GT 540m ) I've seen videos of the Mac running GTA 5 and shadow of mordor at 40-60fps so I'm guessing it's use the integrated graphics instead of the descrete and I'm new to Mac os so don't how to change it

    submitted by /u/Imlodingmoose
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on broken LCD for MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 09:49 AM PST

    Hey guys. I'm not exactly sure where to post this but I'm in need of advice. Yesterday, I closed my laptop and when I opened it, it had vertical rainbow lines on the screen. I'm assuming something may have gotten caught when I was closing the laptop that caused this? Maybe I closed it too hard? I still have AppleCare but I know it won't cover accidental damage. I definitely can not afford an out of warranty payment if it's $300 or more hah...ugh. I just had problems two weeks ago with my iPhone screen. I'm just not having any luck.

    The computer is a 2015 MacBook Pro Retina. The actual glass screen is not damaged in any way. The computer works completely fine, save for the cosmetic appearance of the lines. If anyone has been in this situation or has any advice, please let me know! Thank you!

    Edit: here's a pic of the damage

    https://imgur.com/a/HAD18

    submitted by /u/AshyBooRawrs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel