• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 28, 2018

    Apple Watch Apple Watch may have saved my life

    Apple Watch Apple Watch may have saved my life


    Apple Watch may have saved my life

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 09:33 PM PST

    I started getting alerts on my watch back in December that my heart rate was over 120bpm
    After my wife convinced me this may be an issue I brought it up to my doctor in January.

    He agreed it may be an issue and had me see a cardiologist for a stress test. The stress test showed a "shadow" and due to the data in my watch he felt I should undergo a heart cath.

    I was reluctant to do this as he said he would normally treat this with medication and check again in a year but my daughter and wife both wanted me to proceed.

    I had the heart cath Friday the 23rd and they found a 70% occlusion in my Left Anterior Descending artery. Better known as the widow maker.

    I had a stent placed and I am now a cardiac patient but this very well may have saved my life.

    submitted by /u/narse77
    [link] [comments]

    Price of watch stand worth the nostalgia!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 12:32 PM PST

    Good morning??? It’s nearly 2pm Siri ��

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 03:13 AM PST

    OUTCAST - Podcasts right on the watch. Search/Download/Play over WiFi or Cellular. No iPhone needed.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 06:37 AM PST

    I want the seashell sportloop... but i walked out with this.... white check woven....

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 04:52 PM PST

    Unofficial /r/AppleWatch Move It March! Fill The Rings Challenge!

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 04:39 AM PST

    While this is moderator endorsed and approved (and thus official) , it is not run by the r/AppleWatch mod team.

    Hey everybody,

    It seems like last month's challenge was a success, so let's get it going again this month! I'm super excited to see how everyone did, so if you participated last month, leave a comment with your score and any other fun facts about how your health improved over the last month. (I'm down 8 pounds since I started doing my fill the rings challenges in mid January!).

    For this challenge we will be using the Challenges app (made by the folks over at LoseIt). For those of you who are unfamiliar with the app, it's an app that allows you to join teams and get points for filling your rings. Based on the weight that you enter in when you set up your account, it will suggest a move goal for the challenge. At the end of the challenge, you will be awarded Bronze, Silver, or Gold depending on your performance.

    If you already have the app you can just click this link: loseit-challenges://join?eligibilitycode=nymj

    • First, download Challenges
    • Once you have the app, enter invite code: 'nymj' If you already have the app you can just click this link: loseit-challenges://join?eligibilitycode=nymj
    • Find a team and join or create your own

    Here's how the medals break down:

    • Bronze = 40 points/day average
    • Silver = 60 points/day average
    • Gold = 80 points/day average

    How do you earn points?

    • Move points are earned by closing your move ring. 12 points per ring closed (points awarded for partial closures) with a maximum of 36 points per day possible
    • Exercise points are awarded by closing the exercise ring. 12 points per ring closed (points awarded for partial closures) with a maximum of 36 points per day possible
    • Stand points are awarded for closing your stand ring. 1 point per each stand hour with a maximum of 14 points per day possible
    • If you close all three rings you get 12 bonus points
    • If a teammate closes all three rings, you get 4 bonus points, with 12 points possible if all three teammates close all their rings

    I think this will be a fun and healthy way for us to continue to motivate each other, and give us something to do other than post pictures of watch bands (jk, keep those pictures coming).

    Let's use this thread for organizing teams and motivating each other as the month goes on.

    If you have any questions at all about how to set up the app, don't hesitate to message me, as I'm very familiar with the app and happy to help.

    Thanks, and let's get this party started!

    -Eric

    Disclaimer: The Challenges App allows you to create a username and/or use your real name. It also allows you to connect with people through messages called "nudges". The mod team and event organizer are not responsible for any contact two individuals wish to make in the app.

    submitted by /u/NHDrumline17
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch Series 3 users can now track skiing and snowboarding activity

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 05:45 AM PST

    Excited and curious. Had been looking forward on getting one since S1 launch day. Was thinking about holding on until S4, but screw that, the time is now!

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 12:35 AM PST

    My most used Apple Watch faces.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 06:43 AM PST

    ruined my 65 day streak of completing all my rings.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 11:47 PM PST

    When your watch stops working on the 9th and has to be repaired, you lose your streak before you even had it.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 01:58 AM PST

    Steps.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 05:40 AM PST

    So I downloaded the Streaks app, one of my streaks is walk 5,000 steps a day. Currently my activity app tells me I've walked 2,190, my health app tells me 1,790 & my streaks app says 3,249. So which is it?! I was under the impression that Streaks links to the Health and Activity apps

    submitted by /u/Lefty2604
    [link] [comments]

    Health apps for the watch

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 08:09 AM PST

    Due to just reading /u/narse77's post about how his watch may have saved his life, I think it may have just pushed me closer to the edge of buying an Apple Watch. I was just gonna get my previous watch fixed (not a smart watch, and is one that is on a carabiner)

    But, what are quality health apps out there? I know of the one that Apple has (telling you to stand up, exercise etc). I am not 100% sure what I am wanting (yet), but I think I would like that there be # of steps taken, heart rate, calories (preferably ingested, not sure if that is available on a smartwatch yet, but I will be ok with calories burned. I had heard of another one that tells you about water drank. I don't even know what else would be available to me

    Side note: On smartwatches, how accurate is the number given to you for calories burned?

    submitted by /u/rteyistoenr
    [link] [comments]

    Absolutely love the new Music App UI and having my Music right in my wrist to stream to my Headphones and TV Soundbar without needing my iPhone.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 07:30 AM PST

    Can't explain it, but touch screen on Watch 3 working much better all of a sudden

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 06:50 AM PST

    I bought my watch about a month ago and recently was thinking about bringing it back for a check up since I'd have to swipe the screen three or four times to get to notifications or the control center, but the past couple of days it has been working seamlessly, I'm pretty happy about it.

    I'm curious if anyone else has experienced a massive, seemingly out of nowhere improvement over the past few days?

    submitted by /u/JBRedditBeard
    [link] [comments]

    Stand Ring not updating, anyone know a fix? (4.2.2 - already repaired but no luck)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 06:45 AM PST

    How often do you change your watch face or complications? I constantly find myself unsatisfied with how it looks. Anyone else experience this?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 10:28 AM PST

    Recently switched back to an Apple Watch (Nike 42MM Series 3 LTE) from a Garmin Fenix 3 and ever since I've constantly found myself switching/changing/modifying my Apple Watch face because for whatever reason it's just not doing it for me.

    On my previous series 0 from back in the day, I used the modular face and enjoyed it. Fast forward to today, I've tried it as well and it's just not as impressive as it once was.

    I want to use the Siri face but it just doesn't do much and isn't all that. I was using the Nike theme one for a while but again it just gets boring.

    Anyone else experiencing this or has a similar issue or is it just me

    submitted by /u/RogueOps
    [link] [comments]

    Have been testing this out for 2 weeks now.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 06:05 AM PST

    I sold and shipped my Apple Watch without erasing anything on it

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 05:11 AM PST

    All i did was turn it off. Can i unpair and erase it remotely? What do i need to tell the buyer to do?

    submitted by /u/Enclavean
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch Series 3 now tracks skiing and snowboarding activity

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 05:08 AM PST

    What made you decide to purchase an Apple Watch?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 11:02 PM PST

    I've been eyeing the Apple Watch for a while and I purchased one because I wanted to be able to check notifications when my phone is out of reach and for the fitness tracker.

    I just bought myself the Apple Watch series 3 GPS version in gold. I've never owned an Apple Watch before. I am curious to know why y'all bought one.

    submitted by /u/lnguy060
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch screen protector

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 01:06 AM PST

    Hello everyone!! So recently I finally pulled the trigger on getting an Apple Watch series 3! I was just wondering are screen protectors necessary? If so which do you think are the best?

    submitted by /u/NIIIKOM
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 07:47 PM PST

    Just started using my AW3 to unlock my MBP2017 thanks to a post I read here. I thought it might be annoying at first having a passcode on the AW but its only a bother if I take it off which is rarely. Nice feature Apple!

    submitted by /u/OhhDannyboyH
    [link] [comments]

    Apple watch 3 with cellular

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 12:36 AM PST

    Anyne with an apple watch series 3 with cellular have horrible battery life

    submitted by /u/Efrojas16
    [link] [comments]

    Is Unlocking your Mac with AW any good?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 03:02 PM PST

    Is it more convenient? Can it be turned on by other people when you are wearing your watch? Just wanna know how well this works.

    submitted by /u/DDingus23
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel