• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 21, 2018

    Apple Macbook Are Macbooks actually 'optimized' when you compare specs?

    Apple Macbook Are Macbooks actually 'optimized' when you compare specs?


    Are Macbooks actually 'optimized' when you compare specs?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 09:15 PM PST

    I'm not a computer genius, but I'm trying to get to the bottom of if Macbooks are worth it or not. All my friends that know a lot about software engineering, how to build computers, etc. say macs are overpriced. However if I talk to the average university person they say macbooks are optimized to be fast since they're closed source and their parts are made to work together faster (from researching it seems like they don't even make their own parts. They use the exact same parts as PCs do). And that it's reliable and lasts for 5 years.

    So what I'm getting from people is that even if the specs are low, such as their base model i5 at $1700, it's as good as an i7 500U/1TB HDD/128GB SSD/8GB that's almost half the price? So do specs not matter in the case of macbooks? People have told me if I buy a pc it's slow down on me in 10 years, and macs don't slow down, is this true?

    submitted by /u/CounterproductiveFen
    [link] [comments]

    Missing screw on my MacBook Air.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 08:39 PM PST

    So today one of the screws cam off the bottom of my MacBook Air and I can find it anywhere. I use it everyday in school and I need to get it fixed ASAP. Has this happened to you? And does anyone know what to do?

    submitted by /u/colton_z
    [link] [comments]

    Looking To Buy My First Mac

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 02:05 PM PST

    Hello!

    Title says it all. I want to get my first ever MacBook that I will use for school/personal purposes. I have a desktop PC for gaming so that isn't my priority. I'm looking for something to replace my chromebook. I love the 10+ hour battery life and but the bugs are killing me. Also it takes a while to open documents which is incredibly frustrating.

    I'm fine to wait a bit until the 2018 models come out. I'm just looking for some help with getting the right model for myself. I'm leaning towards a MBP.

    submitted by /u/Dianchie
    [link] [comments]

    What are some essential upgrades to a 2012 MBP?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 02:43 PM PST

    I was lucky enough to come across a 2012 Macbook Pro (non-retina) for $200, so I went for it. The specs are: Core i5 4 GB RAM 500 GB HDD

    I want to upgrade it to match the most power I can get from the processor, would I need about 10-12 GB of ram? And I want to do away with the SuperDrive since I don't use discs. Is an SSD in the optical bay the only option I have? Or can I put something else there? I plan on dual-booting as well if possible, with Linux (I have my reasons).

    submitted by /u/Moonagi
    [link] [comments]

    MBP throttles under bootcamp while unplugged

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 12:11 PM PST

    2017 MBP 15 RP 560, on macOS I don't experience any limitations regarding performance while on battery power, but on windows there is a very noticeable limit. In GTA V 90 FPS plugged in turns into 45 on battery in windows 10.

    Google doesn't offer any solutions: Messing with the power plan settings (Max Perf) did not change this and the battery does not appear to be the limiting factor as performance is not limited on macOS.

    Does anyone know of a way to get around this? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Bugatti098
    [link] [comments]

    Water Spill - Please Help!

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 10:31 AM PST

    Hello everyone,

    A small amount of water spilled on my 2017 13" Macbook Pro Retina Display last night so I immediately powered down and let it rest keyboard down on a towel over night. When i checked it this morning, it powered on completely fine but it appeared tht a bit of the water made it behind the screen as there is a small blotchy patch in the bottom corner. I currently adjusted it and have it laying with the screen tilted down and a fan blowing on it. Can anyone give me any further advice for how I should be going about trying to fix the damage, or at the very least limit the damage?

    Thank You!

    submitted by /u/bigkeys11
    [link] [comments]

    Is installing Windows on a Macbook Pro harmful in anyway?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 09:42 AM PST

    Is their any downsides to installing windows on a Mac?

    submitted by /u/juanguidaw
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi problems with MacBook Air v.10.13.2

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 06:19 AM PST

    Hey guys I don´t know if this is the right subreddit for this questions but I guess I´ll just give it a try. My girlfried just recently got herself a MacBook Air from here work. It works fine but the problem were having with it is that the Wifi and Internet in general is pretty slow for all other devices (Windows laptop, PS4, etc.) the moment the MacBook Air connects to the Wifi. It doesnt really matter what is being done with the MacBook Air on the internet itself. Even if the the MacBook is simply no more than connenected to our Wifi, everything else start being really slow. Does anybody here have an idea what the issue at hand might be and how i could tackle this problem?

    submitted by /u/ToS_23
    [link] [comments]

    apple juice spilled on laptop and instantly shut off

    Posted: 19 Feb 2018 11:56 PM PST

    I was watching youtube when my phone moved and cause the charging wire to hit a cup causing my laptop to instantly say it down. I took the case of first thing and dried it, then put it in rice then realized opening it and letting it sit upside down would be best. Is there hope in saving it??

    submitted by /u/nooodle47
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel