• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 21, 2018

    iPhone if you allow an app to access your photo library on an iphone, how much access does it have?

    iPhone if you allow an app to access your photo library on an iphone, how much access does it have?


    if you allow an app to access your photo library on an iphone, how much access does it have?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 01:57 PM PST

    Broken digitizer?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 08:36 PM PST

    Decided to make an iPhone repair a father-daughter project. We got an iFixit replacement battery because she was having problems with her iPhone 5s.

    When we pulled off the screen, it looks like it's actually split. Is this normal? Can we use some sort of adhesive to glue it back? Or do we need a new digitizer/screen?

    Thanks in advance.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/nbt2e

    submitted by /u/chayashida
    [link] [comments]

    Calendar sharing/syncing with Google Account?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 08:29 PM PST

    My girlfriend has an iPhone 7 using AwesomeCal, and I'm on a Galaxy S7 using Google's calendar application. She's been saving her calendar to the iCloud, while mine is all my Google account.

    We'd like to share/merge calendars - What would be the best way to accomplish this? It seems like we'd want to move her calendar over to her own Google account (she uses Gmail), and then share calendars from there, but even that step seems to befuddle me. Her Google Account is added to her phone, but that doesn't "push" any iCloud calendar appointments over to her Google account.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Shadic
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8plus Video glitch

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 06:29 PM PST

    I've had this IPhone for about 2 weeks and any video I try to watch always has some weird glitch. On YouTube and IMessage the videos flash green or just spaz out, on any social media (IG, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.) the videos freeze every 2 seconds or just don't play at all. Anyone know what's going on?

    submitted by /u/Marlon_APG
    [link] [comments]

    Weird Activation Lock Issue

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 06:20 PM PST

    My aunt has an iPhone, and noticed an activation lock on her phone randomly yesterday. She attempted to sign in to unlock the phone, but the password wasn't working. She never changed the password.

    So she contact Apple support, they helped her reset her password. I'm not sure how she was able to reset her password, since she has Two Factor Authentication, and can't remember any of her trusted devices. She stated her trusted phone numbers were on that locked phone itself, and possibly her landline.

    She eventually reset her PW using the locked phone. I'm guessing there was a prompt that she could tap to reset her password, when attempting to sign in with her password and couldn't. "Forgot password" button?

    After resetting password, she was able to enter her passCODE and eventually unlock the iphone, so there was no longer an activation lock. Afterwards, she saw the Welcome or Hello screen, and it apppeared like her phone was starting from scratch. However, all the content was there for the most part, probably because of iCloud.

    What exactly happened? There's a few things I'm confused about.

    1.) Did someone gain access to her account, and enable Lost Mode, turning on Activation Lock on her phone? 2.) IF so, how would they do that if they don't have access to her trusted devices or number to begin with? I thought Two Factor required a verification code from a trusted device, when signing in from a NEW device. 3.) How did she manage to reset her password? The only trusted device and phone number she knew was her locked iPhone... Which she couldn't gain access to for any verification codes/calls. She also never used her landline for an automated call. It was all done on her iPhone that was locked. 4.) If someone was able to access her account despite the Two Factor, woudln't they be able to get into her account again by cracking the password? Apparently they have access to her trusted device/phone #.

    submitted by /u/DarkestTriad
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 6+ with issues!

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 04:23 PM PST

    I have an Iphone 6+ and have been having a couple of issues. First, on my home wi-fi network the phone will not stay connected for very long. It might connect for a few seconds or at most thirty minutes. There are also times when it will not connect at all or after trying to connect it will say incorrect password. Second, to anyone who has had the battery issue and then had the battery replaced. I am also having some issues, the battery/phone is loading web pages and some apps very slowly and battery life has gradually come down to about ten hours with mild use, i.e. a couple phone calls and some text messages. Should I try to get a new battery or just upgrade to a newer I-phone, I am thinking about the I-phone 8. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/lazyone76
    [link] [comments]

    Touch button on iPhone 7+ vibrates spasmodically while charging.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 01:55 PM PST

    Touch button on iPhone 7+ vibrates incessantly if touched while charging, it just takes you to the task kill screen constantly, I'm using original and approved apple accessories and charger, any suggestions? I recently noticed this issue only occurs in my bedroom. I'm using the stock Apple charger so that couldn't be the issue. However, I believe the issue has something to do with the outlet being used. The reason I say this is because I can take the same charger and plug it into an outlet in the living room, the issue is gone. I also tried charging my phone from an Apple Store and couldn't reproduce the issue. Since I couldn't reproduce the issue at the store, it was difficult for an Apple employee to resolve the problem. Maybe there's an imbalance of electric current going into the phone that somehow is triggering the new nonphysical home button?

    iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB Silver AppleCare till October 2018 Original Apple charger and cable

    submitted by /u/9501
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring screen from iphone 7 to iphone 6

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 11:47 AM PST

    Hi, I have a broken screen on my old iphone 6. I'm trying to extract all the pictures from my iphone 6 to my computer, but when I plug it in I can't push "trust this computer" because my screen doesnt work. Additionally, the siri function is broken, so I can't use that to do it either. Am I able to transfer the screen from my iphone 7 to my 6 temporarily to extract the pictures and then transfer it back?

    Alternatively, my iphone 6 IS connected to icloud. However, I never backed up my photos before it broke. Is there a way I could extract the photos via icloud on my computer?

    Please let me know if you've got any ideas!

    submitted by /u/bajeglic
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone 6 battery drains when it charges

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 02:50 AM PST

    I don't know what the problem is here, the electrical socket, my phone or my charger.

    At home I plug in my phone with my charger and sometimes it'll drain depending on the socket I use. Sometimes I switch the charger with my roommates charger and it works. Its totally random. Most of the time it drains sometimes it works.

    My roommate charges his iPhone 6 in the same sockets with his charger though and his phone is fine.

    When I bring my charger to school and charge there, my phone charges fine.

    What could be the problem here?

    submitted by /u/imnidades
    [link] [comments]

    Non-buggy mp4 player?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 08:23 AM PST

    Just looking for simple mp4 player functionality.

    On VLC the shuffle function almost always never works.

    And PlayerXtreme randomly stops playing constantly.

    I just want something that can play videos at random on repeat reliably.

    Thanks for your suggestions!

    submitted by /u/shit_post_life
    [link] [comments]

    Recent calls not showing up

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 08:14 AM PST

    I have an 8+ with the most recent update of iOS. My phone has never registered missed or received calls. I've looked online for a fix and keep coming up with nothing short of a factory reset. Is there anyway I can fix this without reseting my phone?

    submitted by /u/glitterhairdye
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Music Library songs glitching out?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 08:14 AM PST

    Hey everyone, I have an iPhone 7 Plus on 11.1.2 and I'm having some issues with the Music app and music I've uploaded using iCloud Music Library. Most of my songs are fine but certain songs/albums get completely borked when I view them on my iPhone despite uploading and playing fine on my laptop. For these albums, almost every song title is replaced with the first letter of the album artist. They play fine and if you tap on them and go to the song viewer it looks normal, but in the album view it's all wonky. Anyone experienced this/know how to fix it? I've tried deleting and reuploading the albums (from two different computers/OSes), deleting and reinstalling the Music app, restarting my phone, and turning iCloud Music Library off and on again.

    Here's some pictures of what's happening: Pics

    submitted by /u/spanied
    [link] [comments]

    Water and toothpaste got inside my iPhone 5.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 05:00 AM PST

    I've gotta admit it, it's my fault. When I was back from school I turned my iPhone ON (iphone has screen protector) and realize that ther many scratches, so I decided to use the toothpaste hack to remove the scratches, then after I remove the toothpaste with damp water (cloth used) and used a clean cloth to remove the water. After that, I opened my phone and realized that the toothpaste & water are spreading inside my screen.

    So I've read some articles on how to fix it other says that rice helps to absorb the water inside?

    Or it should be replaced woth a new screen protector?

    So the point here is, I'm troubled that my phone cannot be fixed. I need help. Thank you

    submitted by /u/OwnReader
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6S doesn't show auto-brightness option

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 03:49 AM PST

    I recently updated to iOS 11.2.5. I've read that the option for auto-brightness can now be found in General -> Settings -> Accessibility -> Display Accommodations. The problem is that my iPhone doesn't show the option for auto-brightness here.

    I've made some screenshots to show you here.

    What confuses me is that 'Display Accommodations' says 'On'. But when I tap the Display Accommodations, there is nothing turned on in there. The option for auto-brightness doesn't even show at all.

    My question, why doesn't my iPhone show the auto-brightness option? And why does it say that Display Accommodations are On, but nothing there is checked?

    I would really appreciate your help.

    EDIT: My iPhone 6S shows the auto-brightness option under General -> Settings -> Accessibility -> Magnifier. Magnifier, seriously?! That's so weird and there is no Apple support page that says this.

    EDIT 2: Auto-brightness is still not working. I think the option I mentioned in my first edit just relates to the magnifier and not the screen brightness overall. I'm so confused.

    EDIT 3: Apple support analysed my iPhone and they concluded that the ambient sensor is defect. The support guy said the wasn't aware of the fact that the auto-brightness option would vanish when this was the case.

    submitted by /u/Wes-L
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel