• Breaking News

    Friday, January 19, 2018

    macOS USB C hubs

    macOS USB C hubs


    USB C hubs

    Posted: 19 Jan 2018 01:41 AM PST

    So owning a month touchbar MBP. I've managed to find a reasonably priced usb 3 hub. But I've searched Amazon and every other site, and I can't seem to find any USB C hubs to add additional C ports.

    In general so far there's not a lot of stuff with C yet and what there is is priced higher than proprietary licensed apple cables even...

    submitted by /u/HawkMan79
    [link] [comments]

    My Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse won't disable trackpad

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 07:34 PM PST

    I have a Microsoft Designer mouse and it can be used fluently with my macbook except my macbook does not disable the trackpad even when I checked the ignore trackpad when wireless mouse is present. The function works fine when I use wireless mouse with usb adapters, and magic mouse. Any suggestion for me to recognise my Mic Designer as a "mouse" so the function can be triggered?

    submitted by /u/lordgon
    [link] [comments]

    get newest safari on macos lion

    Posted: 19 Jan 2018 02:00 AM PST

    hi

    i have a macos lion installation and would like to update safari to the newest version. how can i do this (i am new to mac)?

    thank you very much in advance!

    submitted by /u/etuoihgwtohbws
    [link] [comments]

    2017 mbp -> Plugable thunderbolt 3 dock -> hdmi -> 4 year old Samsung tv not working (x-post r/macbook )

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 10:23 PM PST

    I've recently gotten a 2017 mbp and am trying to set up another monitor. I'm currently using the plugable thunderbolt 3 dock for the external monitor and keyboard and mouse. I used the included display port to HDMI adapter in the back of the dock and plugged the HDMI into a 3 or 4 year old Samsung tv. The tv does not recognize that anything is plugged in. Is this a problem with connecting to a tv or using HDMI? I have an acer computer monitor that I can test but won't be able to test that one for a couple days. I'm also using a wireless mouse and it is very laggy when I have the display plugged in but any lag goes away when I unplug the display. What can be done to fix that? Any help I could get on the connecting to the tv issue would be much appreciated.

    Thanks!

    I'm also on 10.13.2 High Sierra

    edit: The macbook itself recognizes that it is hooked up to another display. The other display does not recognize that it has something hooked up to it. I've done the displaylink update and it still doesn't work. The tv won't allow you to switch to an input that is not plugged in (ie. if there is nothing connected to hdmi 2 the hdmi 2 option is grayed out on the source selection). So the tv at least recognizes that something is plugged into it to switch to that input but that input channel still returns "no signal".

    submitted by /u/5StringThunder
    [link] [comments]

    How do you tell if there are left over third-party kext files, and if so, what is the best way to remove them?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 01:05 PM PST

    See question above. I know that they are protected in High Sierra, and that you can disable SIP and remove them, but how do I tell if the extensions are still needed?

    submitted by /u/deadspider187
    [link] [comments]

    Fullscreen Safari lags/glitches when changing between desktops since upgrading to High Sierra

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 02:30 PM PST

    Currently running High Sierra on a mid-2013 rMBP w/ 500gb SSD, 8gb RAM, 3ghz processor. I almost always run Safari in fullscreen mode in a separate desktop from my other apps; and since upgrading to HS it has been progressively slowing. After a few hours of running Safari, I will get the pinwheel of death every time I swipe from my desktop to Safari's fullscreen space. Initially it will only last 1-2 seconds, but eventually approaches 10 seconds every time I switch spaces. The only solution so far is to close and reopen Safari. This is very inconvenient and is making Safari nearly unusable at times. I have no issue with any other apps, fullscreen or otherwise. Everything else runs as smoothly as the day I got this laptop. Any ideas why this is happening? I would prefer to keep using Safari as my primary browser.

    submitted by /u/Blacklight_sunflare
    [link] [comments]

    Screen brightness going to max when auto adjusting is off.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 07:05 AM PST

    I have a Macbook Pro 13" (Early 2015) and with "Automatically adjust brightness" un-checked my laptop screen still goes to the max brightness when I tilt the screen back, sometimes it will just do it normally.

    I'm also on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2

    submitted by /u/ADCBot
    [link] [comments]

    Force iCloud to upload files

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 06:41 AM PST

    I need to transfer a large file to my MacBook which has only a few gb left. So I upgraded to iCloud hoping it would upload some of its contents to the Cloud so I get some more space on my Mac. iCloud isn't doing anything because it thinks my Mac has enough storage - how to force iCloud to upload files?

    submitted by /u/7rust
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel