• Breaking News

    Friday, January 19, 2018

    Apple TV After updating to 11.2 from 11.1, everything is washed out with HDR enabled

    Apple TV After updating to 11.2 from 11.1, everything is washed out with HDR enabled


    After updating to 11.2 from 11.1, everything is washed out with HDR enabled

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 10:13 AM PST

    So, I understand that with tvOS 11.2, Apple enabled an option to Match dynamic range and framerate. But I have a more unusual issue. I recently received an Apple TV 4k that arrived with 11.1. I set everything up prior to updating the system software, just to make sure everything worked. I watched Dunkirk in 4k/HDR from my iTunes library and it looked the same as on my 4k/HDR copy from VUDU on my Roku Ultra (that is, great with colors, etc.).

    I then updated to 11.2. Now, when I'm on the homescreen and everywhere else, it looks completely washed out. Enabling Match Content for dynamic range/framerate doesn't change anything about the homescreen being completely whited/washed out.

    I have already:

    • Ensured I have an appropriate HDMI high-speed cable
    • Ensured I'm using the correct HDMI port on my TV and enabled HDR/enhanced mode
    • Adjusted the gamma setting back and forth (I think that's what it's called, the 4.2.2 vs 4.2.0 setting)

    Any thoughts on why everything is worse for me after updating to 11.2? Right now, I turned the settings back to 4k SDR and turned on Match Content for dynamic range/framerate. Does this mean that when I watch HDR content, it'll turn HDR back on for those shows/movies? Or is the setting more for the reverse (leaving on HDR, turning to SDR when matching)?

    submitted by /u/Dranakin
    [link] [comments]

    A simple $10 remote totally changed the way I view the Apple TV

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 11:08 AM PST

    I've had an Apple TV since the original promotion with DirecTV Now. I also have a Fire TV 4K, a Roku 3, and a Roku Supreme Plus.

    While I usually found the picture quality seemed better on content streamed via the Apple TV versus the other devices, it actually became my least used box due to the horrible remote.

    Once Vudu and Amazon Prime got added, I found myself wanting to use the ATV more, so I went out and bought a cheap little $10 universal remote that would be able to replace the ATV remote.

    To my surprise, the GE remote works every single feature of the ATV smoother than the actual OEM remote does. Of course, I don't have the Siri feature with it, but I honestly didn't use it that often to begin with.

    Navigating the DirecTV Now Beta app, which used to be a chore, is now smooth and easy.

    The GE remote operates my TV, the Apple TV, my blu ray, and my stereo.

    Not bad for $10.

    I highly recommend it for anyone who doesn't want to spend a lot but wants an alternate option to the AppleTV Siri remote

    GE 33711 4-Device Universal Remote Control by GE Link: http://a.co/9cyKY6g

    Of course, my lingering question is, with sooo many people out there that seemingly hate the Apple remote, why doesn't Apple listen and change it?

    submitted by /u/Bought4Life
    [link] [comments]

    Any idea when News section of TV app goes live?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 04:50 AM PST

    They seemed to have forgotten about this announcement from last summer

    submitted by /u/Stevedave526
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Users in Switzerland having problems?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 11:44 AM PST

    Hi, I'm a developer of an Apple TV app. I found out today that ATVs in Switzerland identify themselves differently than Apple TVs in other countries. Switzerland ATVs identify as "Apple TVOS" while everywhere else its "tvOS". For us we realized that no one in Switzerland was using our service and found out that our firewall blocks requests to our servers because the identification didn't match what was expected. So... if you're in Switzerland and find that some apps don't work. This is why.

    submitted by /u/sumdudeinhisundrware
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with my AppleTV

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 09:13 AM PST

    Hello Am thinking if there is any possiblity to change something in Settings that I could look at my photos from iCloud (sent from iPhone to other devices) on AppleTV without buffering every single photo every time when I launch "Photos" app? It's really annoying when I want to open my photos and I have to wait for like 5-10 seconds to see a picture with full quality... literally every single picture has to buffer before and it takes very very long... I was wondering if there is an possibility to save the existing photos to AppleTV so I could watch my photos library without waiting for buffering. photos from iphone 8 and appleTV without 4K on the newest tvOS

    submitted by /u/adikk345
    [link] [comments]

    T.V. App ISSUES

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 08:34 AM PST

    Does any one have issues of steaming apps, connecting to the T.V. app?

    I have added the show Vikings, watched last weeks episode in the History App, and then it doesn't connect, and marked it as watched, so I can continue this weeks, or the show auto adds, when new ones are available. The same thing happens for The Tonight Show.

    I love this feature, the T.V. app queue all in one place. But hate the bugs.

    submitted by /u/mattmullins55
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4k and HDMI-CEC

    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 04:26 AM PST

    I just bought the Apple TV 4k, and I am having an issue with the HDMI-CEC connection to my Philips TV.

    One of my main reasons for getting the Apple TV was because I was tired of having to use multiple remotes, and the Siri Remote should be a perfect solution to that. Controlling volume works perfectly with my Siri Remote, as does turning on the television. However, when I put the Apple TV to sleep, it also turns off the TV, and as the TV is much slower to turn off, it sends a command through Easylink (CEC) to the Apple TV to turn back on, which also turns the TV on again.

    As you can imagine, this result in a feedback loop that keeps both the TV and the Apple TV on in perpetuity. As a result, I am reduced to turning Easylink off, and having to use two remotes.

    Has anyone found a way to solve this problem? From what I can see, it is only possible to turn Easylink on and off, which means that there is no way to make it only function one-way.

    submitted by /u/tsnap
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel