• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 23, 2017

    iPhone These are all Space Gray

    iPhone These are all Space Gray


    These are all Space Gray

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 04:23 AM PDT

    iOS 11 is great and all, but the Bluetooth icon looking like it’s constantly connected can be nerve racking

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 07:04 AM PDT

    These seatbelts contain an iPhone X each.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 03:17 AM PDT

    I think I just fell in love!

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 08:28 PM PDT

    Tempted to post this in r/nononoyes as well

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 12:38 PM PDT

    8 unboxing, all colors

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 05:21 AM PDT

    First day at work with new phone. Tried to match all the leather best I could.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 06:13 AM PDT

    How Silicon Valley Reacts to Apple's iPhone X

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 08:37 PM PDT

    Do you feel annoyed by these blank logos? (About 2 years ago these White ghosts appeared).

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 05:01 AM PDT

    I'm wondering if this might be a bug.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 09:46 PM PDT

    The Gold iPhone 8 is probably my favorite color Apple has ever made.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 09:06 AM PDT

    iPhone 8 Plus first impressions

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 09:36 AM PDT

    Backstory

    I've had the 8 plus for a bit over 24 hours and thought I'd share my initial impressions. My previous phone was the SE, before that 6 > 6S Plus > Back to the 6 > SE > 8 Plus. I had a love-hate relationship with the 6, the battery was mediocre on a good day, the aluminum body was very slippery (first iphone I had a case with), otherwise it wasn't a bad phone. I got the 6S plus and LOVED the battery life and the larger display. The phone itself was quite cumbersome, it didn't offer enough over the 6 to motivate carrying such a large slab of aluminum. Went back to my 6 and got the SE when it came, the battery felt terrible on the 6 after my brief weeks with the plus. The SE was a great phone but going from 128gb memory to 64gb hurt, the display was also incredibly mediocre and hard to use outdoors. It felt great to have a phone without a case though (my 2G, 4S and 5S never had cases). I wanted to get the new 8 in order to have a brighter display, more storage and a better camera. Here are my impressions:

    Display quality

    So good compared to any of my other phones. Browsing the internet, editing photos in Lightroom, reddit, texting, all is great. True tone is very nice to have, underrated feature.

    Phone size

    It's a blessing and a curse. It's great for just about anything, but oh lord is it wide. One handed operation is challenging and it's very wide. Had it been slightly narrower it might've been easier to use, even then though it's tall and heavy with a display that would almost benefit from Apple pen support. The glass body is a lot easier to grip than the old aluminum models, I haven't felt like putting a case on it yet.

    Battery life

    I haven't had it long enough to accurately judge, but I've used it extensively since yesterday and it's a lot better than the 6 and better than the SE (though the SE wasn't bad).

    UI

    I'm so used to the smaller displays that the home screen , mail app, phone etc all look disproportionately big. I can't decide on how to organize my apps.

    Wireless charging

    Charges slowly, but it's nice to have. Bought two chargers, one for my gf and one for myself to have on respective side of the bed.

    Camera

    Ever since the 7 plus came out I've been exceedingly jealous of the camera. So far I LOVE it. The tele lens is very nice to have and the portrait feature is awesome (when it works)! I've so far had about a 60-40 success with the software bokeh, most of the times it turns out great, at times it looks slightly weird and other times the software looks terrible. The quirky software is definitely something I can live with, the dual lens system and the portrait effect (when it works) is so so handy to have. Yes, it's not a miracle worker and it doesn't wow me as my DSLR does, but for a phone camera it's absolutely fantastic. For quick family snapshots the tele lens is amazing.

    Conclusion

    I'm actually really torn about this phone. I definitely need more time with it before I decide whether or not to return it or keep it. It's heavy and cumbersome, but texting and media consumption is great. The star of the show though is the camera. Had the 8 been released with the plus camera as well I would've order the regular model, now I'm pretty conflicted. Sacrifice convenience for a practical and useful camera, or sacrifice that fantastic camera for something more usable but with mediocre battery? The X is about $400 more than the 8 plus with 256gb, I think that's too much for a phone. My dream phone would be a SE/7 sized phone with 4,7-5,2 inch display and the dual camera. Seriously I love this camera, but it's not an easy phone to use.

    Thanks for reading, feel free to share your own experience/impressions!

    submitted by /u/Von_Claushart
    [link] [comments]

    New update has made my phone almost unusable.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 09:19 AM PDT

    Is anyone else having this problem? My phone just freezes now randomly and I'm forced to restart the whole thing. Granted it's a 5s, but it was working fine before.. is there any way to delete the update?'

    submitted by /u/decoste94
    [link] [comments]

    facebook messenger crash

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 04:17 PM PDT

    Is anyone else having issues with facebook messenger on iOS 11? every time i try to open it it crashes straight out - i've reinstalled the app and rebooted the phone and i still can't open the app

    submitted by /u/currentsc0nvulsive
    [link] [comments]

    “Apple iPhone 8 Plus is the best smartphone camera we’ve ever tested”- Dxomark. 94/100 overall score.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 12:41 PM PDT

    Wi-Fi connectivity spotty with iOS 11?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 08:30 AM PDT

    Is anyone else having issues with wifi on iOS 11? Both me (iphone 6s plus 128gb) and my roommate (iphone 6 16gb) are having issues with slow and laggy wifi that we didn't have before upgrading to iOS 11. Our internet still works fine on our mac laptops and roku and chromecast.

    Just wondering if its a widespread issue or if we need to look into more solutions to fix it.

    submitted by /u/aubreyism
    [link] [comments]

    screen pop noise on iphone 8 plus

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 06:40 AM PDT

    hey i wanted to ask if you guys have this issue aswell, if i press my screen with some force on the top hand of the phone it pops or clicks should i return im worried as this is quite an expensive phone for me

    submitted by /u/NoleoX
    [link] [comments]

    Continuing the tradition

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 04:12 PM PDT

    I Think I Got My iPhone For Free...

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 10:49 PM PDT

    It definitely wasn't on purpose! Today I went and picked up the iPhone 8+ that I pre-ordered... And I wanted to change the color. So I did. I reserved a gold one while in line and switched it out easy enough. Except... I was waiting for the charge to go through on my card, as it had been pending since I pre-ordered. I paid $200 on my debit card and the rest credit. The $200 went through and the credit was pending..

    Until tonight, when I got home from work. I thought it was weird that the charge hadn't gone through, and checked my account...

    The $200 is back in my account and the pending charge on my credit card is gone. I guess the tech must have messed up somehow...

    My question now is, what are the chances of them charging back after they reversed the charge? They would have to track me down and call me to get the information again..... So, do you guys think they'll admit they screwed up or just eat the cost? I'm obviously going to really wait a week or so until I call it homefree... I just want to know the chances.

    submitted by /u/s3tmefree
    [link] [comments]

    I just noticed that True Tone disables itself when going into the Photos app. That’s pretty awesome, since some bloggers were saying to manually turn it off when viewing photos.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 05:02 AM PDT

    A question about autocorrect from a new iPhone user

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 08:39 AM PDT

    Hey everyone. I recently decided to make a switch from Android to ios to test out things. So far it's been pretty good and I've enjoyed a lot of the differences. The one thing that is getting me though is when autocorrect doesn't work on some textboxes. The main one I'm thinking about is web browser search bars but there are some others. Usually I will see the autocorrect word as the first result and when I hit space it will fix my mistakes. However, when in a web browser it doesn't matter what I type it will always be what shows up as the first result. What I'm usually trying to type is always the second result but it doesn't replace it. Often times even if I spell something correct the first result will add extra letters somewhere but it doesn't replace with the messed up word. Anyone have any thoughts on this? It's really the only thing tripping me up at this point

    submitted by /u/Varaladis
    [link] [comments]

    I would like to see how caseless phone ages.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 08:32 AM PDT

    Hey guys, Over the years i always was caseless guy and very careful with my phones. The Matte Black iPhone 7 is my first iPhone, I really like the feeling of the phone without a case, although i feel it is much slippery than the iPhone 6. Im currently rocking the Apple leather case.

    If you have any skin recommendations or pictures of your used iPhones without a case I'd love to see.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/MrVais
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel