• Breaking News

    Monday, September 25, 2017

    iPhone "iPhone locked, connect to iTunes" How can I retrieve my data from a disabled iPhone 6?

    iPhone "iPhone locked, connect to iTunes" How can I retrieve my data from a disabled iPhone 6?


    "iPhone locked, connect to iTunes" How can I retrieve my data from a disabled iPhone 6?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 08:52 PM PDT

    So I massively fucked up and this is my last call for help :(

    Don't ask me how, but I forgot the passcode to my iPhone. I remember changing it, I just can't remember what I had changed it to. So after trying many different passcodes I get a message on my lock screen saying "iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes". I'm not sure when the last time my iCloud backed up my photos and contacts (which are the only things I need on my phone) and the last time I had backed up my phone to iTunes was months ago.

    I was thinking, would I be able to backup my phone to iTunes now then just reset the whole thing and restore my phone after? Or will my phone automatically be erased of all data once I connect to iTunes?

    Or, is there a way where I could see what my iCloud backed up from my phone? I'm sure it saved a majority of my contacts and photos I'm just worried because I did not have much iCloud space, only the free space that Apple gives you.

    Can someone please point me in the right direction or tell me what I should do? I'm so lost and upset I might lose everything on my phone :(

    submitted by /u/fisheremily
    [link] [comments]

    Carrier Name on US Network showing as Chinese/Korean Characters

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 08:17 PM PDT

    I'm on a Canadian carrier travelling in the US.

    I've done this often w/o a problem. Usually I'm on AT&T. I've been here since Thursday and my Carrier has been going back and forth as it appears in the image below, and AT&T the whole time.

    Anyone seen this before?

    http://imgur.com/YoUbH3U

    submitted by /u/swrdfish
    [link] [comments]

    App Store Not Working. iOS 11 / iPhone SE 32GB

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 05:43 PM PDT

    App store won't let me search anything. I've also tried to Google an app and try and bring it up through a Google link ("View in App Store" option) and that doesn't work either.

    What should I do?

    I don't have access to a computer. Can I do anything?

    Edit: It's working now

    submitted by /u/internetguy__
    [link] [comments]

    Can the US iphone 7 be used on ANY US network?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 05:35 PM PDT

    I have a Tmobile iphone 7 256gb Red edition and I'm switching to Verizon, but the Verizon guy is telling me that Tmobile iphones won't work on Verizon's network and that I'll have to buy another Verizon branded iphone 7 from them?

    Is there any truth to this? My iphone 7 is paid off and unlocked.

    submitted by /u/johnwayne2413
    [link] [comments]

    T-Mobile Blacklisted IMEI

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 02:34 PM PDT

    About 4 months ago,i found out an iPhone 6 128 GB iOS 10.3.2 at a good bargain here in RO for a small price than the others on a site mainly just like Craigslist. I contacted the seller,i went and saw it,was in a very mint condition (and it still is) of 9,4/10 except some scratches on corners. The thing it,it didn't go through my head to actually check the iMEi at first. About two months ago i just went online and searched over the internet just to see if it's actually legit unlocked phone,and it is but i saw blacklisted. Oh,well,this sucks i thought. Researched a bit online and as far as i understood it's actually pretty bad as it actually lowers the resell amount (maybe in the near future i might upgrade to 7 ya never know). Well,i just called T-Mobile carrier's customer support and asked what's up,the lady that answered actually told me she cannot provide me details if i don't actually know any info about the cx's account. What some kind of a bullshit,as i heard some guys actually just got their phones unlocked as a snap of the fingers by just calling in but maybe that's because it's US originated and they were probably US citizens. So i said whatever,she wasn't helpful at all. So i found the subreddit of tmobile and mailed the CEO and some guy answered on his behalf explaining that the phone is marked as stolen. Well,this sucks even more. I don't want this phone if it's stolen lol,but i do want the phone to be unblacklisted. I even offerred to pay the phone off Tmobile and they refused me,is this normal? You can't just deny me for this guy's loosing his phone and i have no remorse in keeping the device and paying it off so i can be the owner of it.

    TL;DR: bought phone blacklisted;can be used in eu,want it unblacklisted;called tmobile and offerred to pay the phone;denial;want the phone to be unblacklisted in any way possible,help?

    submitted by /u/hatedman95
    [link] [comments]

    iFixIt battery reliability?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 12:12 PM PDT

    My iphone 4S battery finally kicked the bucket after 4 years (manufactured fall 2013)

    Are iFixIt batteries any better than the knock off stuff from ebay? The shipping is a ridiculous $12, but im willing to pay it if they are legitimate batteries that work.

    submitted by /u/YoshiYogurt
    [link] [comments]

    Videos stuck inside app

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 10:15 AM PDT

    I have hidden some videos inside this app and now I'm trying to take them out and there's no way I can do it within the app itself.

    Is there any way I can use a file manager to get to the files? I'm using an iPhone 6S with iOS11 and no jailbreak.

    submitted by /u/josejbracho
    [link] [comments]

    Doing a 149GB backup before upgrade

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 09:25 AM PDT

    Hey, I have an iPhone 7 and I'm trying to back it up for the iPhone 8. But my laptop completely is out of space. So I'm trying to use icloud, but after 16 hours it's only gone through half and it says I am running out of storage. I can't bring my phone out because if I stop the backup it won't resume and will require restart (already happened last time). Also if I try to use another pc to back it up, won't it mess with all the information on my phone and delete a bunch of stuff?

    I'm at a loss what to do. This is so aggravating.

    https://imgur.com/a/NLchV

    submitted by /u/jackthesmackeroo
    [link] [comments]

    When I run out of Data on my prepaid plan, iMessage does not send as sms

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 08:41 AM PDT

    I am with TPO a reseller of T-Mobile. I have an iPhone SE.

    I have a limited amount of data, and 500 minutes of talk and 500 texts.

    When my data runs out, I thought it would automatically send my texts through SMS, as that is how the setting on my phone is. But the texts do not process unless I turn off iMessage and start a new message thread, then, the responses don't get to me until I get somewhere there is wifi and I turn iMessage back on.

    What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance. -David

    submitted by /u/dead_in_the_boot
    [link] [comments]

    Not receiving iMessage motivations on iOS 10, iPhone 6

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 06:20 AM PDT

    For some reason, I am not able to see when anyone sends me a message over iMessage on iOS 10. Notifications for all of my other apps come in just fine, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm also still getting all of the texts, but I am just never notified, and they all never appear as unread in iMessage. I've looked through all the settings, tried to restart my phone a few times, but to no avail. Any ideas? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/unowhales
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s iOS 11: Siri won't give directions in Maps while podcasts are playing, but will if music is playing

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 05:31 AM PDT

    Hello all! Wondering if anyone has experienced this or might have a solution?

    iPhone 6s, iOS11 (problem also existed in iOS10 ever since I purchased the phone). Phone connected to Bluetooth of a 2014 Dodge RAM 1500 pickup. When using the Maps app, Siri will interrupt music playing from my phone to give directions, then the music goes back to playing. If I am listening to podcasts, however, the podcast pauses with no sound for the amount of time it would take Siri to give the direction, then the podcast starts again.

    What I have done to attempt a fix: Wiped the phone back to factory settings, installed iOS 11 hoping for a fix there, made sure Siri & Search Voice Feedback setting is "Always". In Maps under Audio it is set to Normal volume, but have also tried Loud. Pause Spoken Audio is also turned on.

    No physical damage or repairs. Is this working as intended? I figured since it pauses the music to give directions it would also do the same for spoke audio, but maybe "Pause Spoke Audio" means it just pauses it and I need to look down at the phone for the next direction? I'm not sure. I can use Google Maps, but I would prefer to use Apple's Maps app.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/steen73
    [link] [comments]

    Can't set home wallpaper to still

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 03:22 AM PDT

    It will only be in perspective. Any fixes? Yes I've tried restarting. Hard and soft.

    Model: iPhone 6 iOS 10.3.3 Bought: August 2015

    Details: battery problem; will shut down if i use the phone within 20 minutes / 5 minutes if use certain apps like snapchat even at full 100% charge. Need to plug in to power source to restart because phone thinks it's at <1% but when I plug it in, it goes back to 60% or whatever

    submitted by /u/strawberrie-amie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel