• Breaking News

    Monday, September 25, 2017

    Apple On the iPad keyboard in iOS 11 you can ‘pull down’ on a key to quickly type the symbol above. You should be able to ‘pull up’ on a key to quickly type that capital letter.

    Apple On the iPad keyboard in iOS 11 you can ‘pull down’ on a key to quickly type the symbol above. You should be able to ‘pull up’ on a key to quickly type that capital letter.


    On the iPad keyboard in iOS 11 you can ‘pull down’ on a key to quickly type the symbol above. You should be able to ‘pull up’ on a key to quickly type that capital letter.

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 03:29 PM PDT

    If you think this is a good idea let's submit feedback to Apple! apple.com/feedback

    submitted by /u/popplenrookie
    [link] [comments]

    High Sierra automatically checks EFI firmware each week

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 04:58 PM PDT

    My phone has taken a nosedive after upgrading to iOS 11

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 12:15 PM PDT

    Ever since I upgraded, launching apps is an absolute chore. Safari, Reddit, ESPN, Yahoo, texts, etc all have a terrible time opening. They either crash back to home, freeze and require closing the app or take well over a minute to load. I never had a single issue with my 7+ before last night and now suddenly it's like this phone is stuck in quicksand. I've never had to hard reset this phone before but I've had to do it twice in the past two days.

    Is anyone else experiencing this? Or is there a fix?

    submitted by /u/leejoness
    [link] [comments]

    TIL iOS 11 allows developers to make screen sharing apps!

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 08:29 PM PDT

    Super Mario Run App update to bring new world and characters, temporary 50% price cut

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 12:10 PM PDT

    What the hell did Apple do in the wallpaper section for iOS 11?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 08:43 AM PDT

    It just doesn't seem appealing anymore. The color explosions are gone. The live wallpapers are down to three, and why are there more stripe wallpapers than any other photo? They should have had more thought put into wallpapers for iOS 11.

    Does anyone even use the outdated dynamic photos still? Would have been awesome for a black and white dynamic or something different and new...

    submitted by /u/graciousintent
    [link] [comments]

    Can we take a moment to thank Apple for finally changing the FaceTime tone

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 08:23 AM PDT

    The new tone is SO much better!

    submitted by /u/eggertnick93
    [link] [comments]

    One-cable Macbook Pro Touchbar setup

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 04:44 PM PDT

    Recently upgraded my setup with a 2017 Macbook Pro Touchbar and LG Ultrafine 5K. Really happy with the clean look. The thing that's really cool is that everything I need is connected with only one USB C / Thunderbolt 3 cable. With the LG Ultrafine 5K display I get 4 additional USB C ports on the back of the display which is perfect for hiding cables and the dock.

    I connect one cable from the Macbook to the display and this port delivers: - Power - Video - Audio - 500GB SSD - Startech USB C Dock - Ethernet - iPhone charger - Apple Watch charger - HDMI to TV when I need it

    After everything is connected I have 5 additional USB-C ports left. One on the display, one on the Startech dock and three available ports on the Macbook itself.

    If you have any questions about the setup, feel free to ask.

    Here is a photo of the setup.

    submitted by /u/simenoyen
    [link] [comments]

    For those of you who're upgrading to High Sierra, I do NOT suggest converting all your photos and movies to HEIV & HEIC just yet.

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 05:59 PM PDT

    While reclaiming space is a bonus; there's a couple of reasons that I would like you to think about before you transcode your precious memories into a new format.

    1. If you need to downgrade back to Sierra.
    2. If you want to share them with friends or family who are not using High Sierra or iOS 11.
    3. To then share your images online, they'll need to be transcoded back into a more widely supported format first.
    4. Each time the images or video is transcoded, some quality/detail is lost.
    5. Not all photo & video editing on the Mac is written against Apple's APIs, which may mean that your favorite editor can't open or save in the new format (check with the software manufacturer).

    I know a ton of you will probably downvote this, but think about it. Converting your memories into a limited use (at the time of writing) format is potentially dangerous. At least wait until these formats are widely adopted.

    Edit: Added iOS 11 and point 5.

    submitted by /u/sam_rowlands
    [link] [comments]

    PocketCasts now has a Mac app along with a new web player beta

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 08:44 PM PDT

    iPhone 8 plus x10 zoom handheld

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 06:32 PM PDT

    Took this photo at the zoo today.

    Impressive performance for a handheld shot of a running zebra.

    Sharp and usable even with digital cropping due to zoom.

    submitted by /u/zagarzz
    [link] [comments]

    The end of an era

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 01:33 AM PDT

    I woke up this morning and picked up my phone and realized the WiFi was off so I kind of shrugged and checked the news. I walked downstairs and found my AirPort Extreme router was off. I power cycled it and nothing happened. I heard some whining from the power supply but that was it. The thing was done. After ~10 years my router had died. I remember driving to the Alaska MacStore in the snow in early 2007 to buy it and being giddy that I was about to spend that kind of money on a router. It outlived multiple generations of PlayStations, three computers, and probably every single piece of electronic equipment I had at that time. I had it for literally a third of my life.

    In the end I bought a new router to replace it but I couldn't let it go out without a eulogy. It was an omnipresent part of my life and has been on my mind all day. It's weird how inanimate objects can feel sometimes.

    RIP

    submitted by /u/cryptozoolog1st
    [link] [comments]

    How to do a clean install of macOS High Sierra

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 09:46 AM PDT

    Just found out that you can draw and drop words in IOS11

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 01:57 PM PDT

    Just 3D Touch a word and drag it like so It's doesn't work in all the apps though

    submitted by /u/N1troVex
    [link] [comments]

    Do you get a bit sick of the endless 'iphone' content that gets shat out around this time?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 01:16 AM PDT

    My god every website and youtube channel is full of it. Every design decision apple made has endless videos praising and complaining about it.

    Do people really think the face ID is going to be unreliable and won't detect you? Apple let it pass onto the consumers I suspect they will have tested it.

    The gestures will feel natural within days if not sooner.

    I know why they do it, they make add revenue from people clicking it. But its kind of hilarious seeing huge tech channels making fear videos about a product they've never even used.

    submitted by /u/Theodoros9
    [link] [comments]

    My first phone upgrade experience using Quick Start - very impressive!

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 08:27 PM PDT

    I just upgrade to the iPhone 8 Plus from my 6s Plus and wasnt aware of the quickstart feature until it popped up on my 8plus during setup.

    What a marvellous feature, saves quite a bit of hassle setting up the new iphone. I love that Apple makes user experience such a high priority for their products.

    For those that havent heard about the feature - link here: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201269

    submitted by /u/purpleax
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: The new "Never Auto-Play" feature on Safari 11.0 will disable all GIFs. Use "Stop Media with Sound" instead.

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 05:48 AM PDT

    In Safari 11.0, if you go to Preferences --> Websites --> Auto-Play --> When visiting other websites, there are three options you can toggle.

    1 - All All Auto-Play

    2 - Stop Media with Sound

    3 - Never Auto-Play

    (Note that you can also customize each website individually)

    I recently tried the "Never Auto-Play" option as a default, but this stopped all GIFs. So I switched to "Stop Media with Sound" and GIFs worked again. Until Apple finds a solution for GIFs, this seems to be the best compromise at the moment between stopping noisy videos from auto-playing and still being able to watch funny cat GIFs on Reddit.

    submitted by /u/TheIronKraken
    [link] [comments]

    AT&T customers should review their account information for unusual names (aka scammers)

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 05:59 PM PDT

    This has been an ongoing thing in regards to iPhone upgrades via AT&T Next. These AT&T Next "scam" scenarios are occurring at Apple Retail stores. Scammers basically present two forms of ID (both of which are fake) that can be somewhat deceiving. The only real information they have is your AT&T account info which includes your SSN and Passcode/PIN and Zip code. They use this gain access to your account and add their name to your line. The end goal for these scammers is to just pay the tax on the phone and walk out the store with the phone. Who is paying the monthly installments for the phone? Take a guess. There will be so many of these scams for the iPhone X. Just a heads up.

    submitted by /u/anonj123
    [link] [comments]

    Another story of amazing customer service

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 04:49 PM PDT

    I got an iPhone 7 on launch day last year, so my warranty expired on September 15. I noticed my phone acting weird on the 18th, diagnosed it as a 3D Touch deadspot in the middle of the screen and set a genius appointment on the 19th.

    Because of the iPhone 8 launch, the next available appointment was yesterday, on the 23rd. So I get there, the genius did her thing, and came to the same conclusion as I did.

    She quoted me $150 USD for screen replacement, then said that since i set the appointment so close to the expiration of my warranty, she'd check with her manager to see if they'd be willing to repair it for free. Needless to say, I was pumped! I had to leave it overnight as the Apple store was slammed, and they had several screen repairs going already.

    Today, September 24th, I go back to the Apple store to pick up my phone. A genius comes out to greet me, and informs me that after replacing the screen, they couldn't get my phone to pass their diagnostics. He apologizes (!) and says they'll just give me a new phone (it was a refurb, but Apple refurbs are basically brand new devices).

    Thanks Apple! This is just one reason Apple has so many loyal customers; unlike almost any other corporation, I feel like Apple truly does care about their customers. For me, saving for an extra couple of months for an Apple purchase (instead of buying from one of their competitors) is totally worth it.

    TL;DR: iPhone 7 crapped out after warranty expired, Apple gave me a new iPhone 7.

    submitted by /u/pagodaphil
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8/+/X and Car Charging/Mounts

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 06:46 PM PDT

    For the past few years I've used a magnetic vent mount for my iPhone car use needs. It's easy. Slip a flat magnet or metal piece in between my case and phone, then boom - it slaps right up there easy peasy.

    Everything changes with the new wireless charging option. The metal/magnet in the case interferes with wireless charging, which is no bueno, as I'm definitely getting a Qi pad and the idea of taking my phone case off to charge removes the convenience.

    I've seen a few options on amazon for magnetic Qi charging car mounts that include mounting a metal ring on your phone back so that the inductive charging can still happen "inside" the ring without obstructing anything. But my old age has left me cynical, and I decided it would be good to see what car charging/mount options you guys are planning to use for your new iPhone 8/+/X.

    submitted by /u/Aurick
    [link] [comments]

    iOS11 - Why does the music widget keep appearing on my lock screen for no reason and how can I make it go away and stop it from happening again?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 08:12 AM PDT

    Pixelmator Pro for iPad announced casually in a blogpost about it’s… icon?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 04:03 PM PDT

    „Another thing is that, when creating the icon for Pixelmator Pro for iPad, we looked for full icon consistency between both macOS and iOS."

    http://sauliusdailide.com/2017/09/22/new-icon/

    submitted by /u/popydo
    [link] [comments]

    Any sources for comparison of iPhone X's OLED display to the iPhone 8's IPS?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 08:44 AM PDT

    I know there's only the initial hands on reviews but I haven't seen anyone do a quick comparison of the OLED screen. It seems no one actually mentions the display at all which I find quite odd...

    Also is the iPhone 8's display improved in any way over the 7? Some reviews suggest a wider colour gamut but not sure if this is wider than the 7's wide colour gamut?

    submitted by /u/suckmyfalafel
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else see a line appear on an image when sharing in iMessage?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 06:37 PM PDT

    Noticed this with iPhone 8 Plus with ios11: https://i.imgur.com/ig3LhHH.jpg

    submitted by /u/coolplr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel