• Breaking News

    Friday, September 22, 2017

    iPhone Facebook Messenger App Keeps Crashing

    iPhone Facebook Messenger App Keeps Crashing


    Facebook Messenger App Keeps Crashing

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 05:29 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone SE, and as of about an hour ago the messenger app has decided to stop working for me. I can open it for about three seconds before it will crash. Everything else on my phone works fine and it's only suddenly done this today.

    So far I've tried turning the phone off and on, deleting and re-downloading the app, and even resetting my phone. So far nothing's worked.

    I haven't downloaded the IOS 11 update yet, does that have something to do with it? Nothing else on my phone has been wonky.

    EDIT: It seems to be up and running again. So problem solved, I guess?

    EDIT 2: Aaaannnddd it's gone again.

    submitted by /u/FourSquareRedHead
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone 8+ stuck..

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 08:35 PM PDT

    Got my 8+ today (upgrading from a 6!) and... it's been sitting on the black screen with Apple logo for hours with the white progress bar almost completely filled. It shouldn't take hours for that, right? I can't shut it off or force restart it either.

    submitted by /u/bbsting120
    [link] [comments]

    Need help recovering deleted notes!

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 07:56 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I recently deleted 2 Notes documents that were actually very important. They were in the "iCloud Notes" folder not the "On My iPhone" so I assumed they cannot be recovered from iCloud and I checked iCloud.com and they weren't there. My last iPhone backup was from a time when I still had these notes but I've read somewhere that backup doesn't save notes, only iCloud does. Is it true that only iCloud saves Notes or is there an alternative way for me to recover these seemingly permanently deleted notes?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/iphone7helppls
    [link] [comments]

    Just Bought iPhone 7 Swappa...

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 07:09 PM PDT

    So I just bought a 128gb Jet Black iPhone 7 on Swappa , its new and still in plastic as I've been told its a replacement sent from Apple. I just wanna know what to check or what tests to run when it arrives to make sure what I bought was a new "mint" condition phone.

    Also whats the best way to keep the jet black clean and scratch free?

    submitted by /u/jiggityjackson
    [link] [comments]

    Old iPhone 4s start up issues.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 04:57 PM PDT

    Hi, this is kind of a shot in the dark, but I wanted to see if anyone could help trouble shoot for me.

    I had an iphone 4s from 2012-2014 roughly. The phone in 2014 essentially would boot up to the apple loading screen, and then restart. Essentially - the phone never made it past the apple loading screen. I went through a litany of trouble shooting issues, but in the end, I needed a phone--- and so I switched to Android.

    Nonetheless, I kept the phone because I had hope that I didnt lose my photos. Anyway, this week I was able to pull all the photos off my iPhone 3GS, and I'm now working on trying to acquire the photos off my 4s.

    Anyway, my question would if anyone knows a method of getting past the boot up screen so that I can get to the photos on the phone?

    I'm willing to open the phone up and work with the hardware if needed.

    Here's a video of the loading screen failure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luoh-q4sDFM&feature=youtu.be

    submitted by /u/purdueable
    [link] [comments]

    Backup via itunes with cracked iphone

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 03:38 PM PDT

    I have an iphone 6 with a cracked screen (seriously it is completely ruined) and the least i want is to backup all the photos and information in it. The battery is dead and my computer tells me that i need to insert the passcode in the iphone so i can "trust" it. There is no way i can unlock my phone so is there an app that backups all my info without the password or something?

    P.s. Sorry for bad english

    submitted by /u/a3yearoldkid
    [link] [comments]

    I can't hear anything and nobody can hear me during a call..

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 03:27 PM PDT

    I have no idea what to do. The timer starts going when I press talk, but it's like its no connecting or something. I tried calling it on a bunch of phones, and nobody can hear me. Is this an service provider problem?

    submitted by /u/Thrones33
    [link] [comments]

    Home button isn't working, I suspect it's a software thing

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 02:52 PM PDT

    On my iphone 4s, pushing the home button once no longer takes me to the home screen, but pushing it twice does show all open apps. So the problem isn't that the phone isn't recognising that the button is being pushed.

    submitted by /u/pokepotter4
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6 Sim Invalid

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 02:23 PM PDT

    I bought an iPhone 6 on ebay advertised as unlocked. I put in my T-Mobile sim card and it works fine. I travelled to Europe and put in an active GSM sim card from Orange, and I get a invalid sim error. I called T-Mobile, they said when they search the IMEI it is not a T-Mobile phone, so it must be unlocked? Why is it not working on the network here in Europe? I tried to reset through iTunes, and multiple hard resets. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/amg_smurf
    [link] [comments]

    New user, questions

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 01:54 PM PDT

    Hey I had two quick questions

    If you turn on read receipts for iMessage does it require the other person to turn theirs on as well to see your receipt?

    And also is there any way to get rid of the weird add on bar at the bottom of messages

    submitted by /u/Just_One_Cycle
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question about sim card switching

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 01:31 PM PDT

    Will there be any difference on the bill statement or notification to the main account if I am using my iphone 6's sim to text or use data inside an iphone 5 or android phone?

    submitted by /u/525chill2pull
    [link] [comments]

    Can no longer see Artist and Song playing on Lock Screen after iOS 11 update

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 01:01 PM PDT

    I'm using an iPhone 7 running newly updated iOS 11. I play music on the Music/iTunes app, whatever the native music player app is called, NOT Spotify or any of those streaming apps. Before the update when I raised my phone to show the lock screen I was able to see information on what was playing, artist, song title, etc. Now after the update, when I raise my phone while playing music, it no longer shows any of that information, just looks like this which is basically useless. Does anyone know how to fix this? This definitely seems like a step backwards in terms of UI and functionality.

    submitted by /u/gaberockka
    [link] [comments]

    Safari crashing on iPhone6 running iOS11

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 12:49 PM PDT

    Trying to open bookmarks/reading list causes safari to crash. I have tried clearing my history and clearing my cache. Any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/brownboxbear
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm muted after turning phone facedown

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 12:04 PM PDT

    This morning, my alarm went off as expected. I typically snooze, and this morning I happened to just turn the phone facedown rather than hit snooze. The alarm stopped ringing and I thought the alarm was snoozing. It never went off again. I tried but was unable to reproduce the effect today. What happened? What feature is this?

    submitted by /u/Staja84F
    [link] [comments]

    No longer able to update/restore iOS through iTunes on Windows.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 11:35 AM PDT

    Computer= Windows 10 Pro (10.0.16294.1) 64 bit iTunes= 12.7.0.166 Phone= iPhone 7 Plus
    iOS= 11.0 (15A372)

    I'm no longer able to check for updates or restore my phone on my computer and I'm not sure what's wrong. I'm able to restore it on MacOS, but I only have access to a Mac at work.

    At 1st I thought it might have been some of the changes to various services starting automatically or something so I reinstalled iTunes, Apple Mobile device support, etc. and it didn't help.

    Just finished reinstalling Windows, but I'm still getting the same error.

    "The iPhone software update server could not be contacted.

    Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later."

    Have an active internet connection but this is happening regardless of home or public internet.

    I even tried temporarily disabling my firewall, but it doesn't make a difference.

    What should I do?

    Edit

    Just noticed iTunes store isn't loading either. I can signin to my account and use radio, but the store just loads to a blank page.

    Disabled firewall and windows defender, tried resetting my winsocks catalog and tcp/ip stack.

    I'm not sure what could be wrong since I'm on a fresh install of Windows now.

    submitted by /u/gaysaucemage
    [link] [comments]

    Mysterious Chinese text where carrier symbol should be

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 11:10 AM PDT

    This weird Chinese text appeared on my phone where the att symbol should be. I had some profiles installed and after I deleted them, it went away. Any ideas of what this could be?

    submitted by /u/666noise
    [link] [comments]

    Notifications disappear after unlocking my phone.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 04:21 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I am fairly new iphone user, only bought my iphone SE recently.

    So when my screen is locked, I get all the notifications from messenger, imessage etc., but once I unlock the phone, all notifications disappear and I cant see them, (when I drag from top of the screen, it says "no new notifications") even if I havent checked the apps that sent the notifications in first place.

    I tried to look for it in settings but cant seem to find anything. Can anyone help? Also sorry if this is worded poorly, english is not my mother tongue.

    submitted by /u/I_Love_HotshotGG
    [link] [comments]

    Lost iTunes password and Recovery email password, Verizon account

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 09:58 AM PDT

    So I'm trying to help my mom as she was sharing a iphone with Dad and Dad is in Hospice Care Now unable to assist.

    I wanted to install Uber on Mom iPhone but it turns out that she does not know the iTunes password or the recovery email password. Do you think this is something that the Apple Store will be able to help and reset. Should I just reset the phone and start from scratch?

    It is a Verizon account so no SIM card. I'm just not familiar how any of this will work as I am on Android user and have a phone with Sim.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/temp_jits
    [link] [comments]

    Snapchat audio not working properly. Example video in the post

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 09:24 AM PDT

    Hi all, for some reason when I try to record a video on snapchat the audio doesn't work properly. Video audio works fine on the normal camera, recording voice memos also works fine. It's just when I try to record on snapchat. Here's an example link to one of my snapchats so you can hear what the issue is. Any help would be appreciated thanks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_-Sa3DEf5I

    submitted by /u/Heatedbread
    [link] [comments]

    Would this app help people easily connect to Wi-Fi?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 08:42 AM PDT

    Hi Everyone. I came across this app project, and was wondering what you guys think about it... it says the app allows people to connect to wifi networks by "bumping" phones with another user. Do you guys find this useful? What do you think about it? How would this even work? Link: https://www.wifipal.xyz

    submitted by /u/Mgoldberg62401
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone 8 plus - wifi and Apple services non functional

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 07:19 AM PDT

    [SOLVED: SEE EDIT]

    I've just bought an 8 plus and I'm trying to set up my device. First I tried the quick start using my iPad Pro. The devices connected, but nothing happened when I tried to 'show' the image on the new phone to the iPad - is something supposed to appear in the black circle?

    Failing this I tried a manual setup but the phone just will not let me sign in using my Apple credentials - I get Verification Failed and that the device could not contact the Apple ID server.

    Eventually I bypassed the setup by not entering any Apple ID at all. It was then that I discovered that the phone would not connect to the internet at all using wifi. Disconnecting from the wifi suddenly allows me to sign in and navigate the App Store.

    Is anyone else experiencing this issue? It's worth noting that my iPad Pro is running IOS 11 and runs just fine using my work's wifi.

    EDIT: Went back to the Apple store to use their wifi and the whole process (even using quickstart) worked just fine. Apparently there is something involved with the setup process that my work wifi didn't like. It was a quick 30 second setup in the store and now it works just fine on my work wifi. Weird!

    submitted by /u/Rapscallion84
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 Plus (BLoD) *scammed story

    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 02:22 AM PDT

    Putting it in recovery and DFU successfully. Full bar of restore, cuts off and boot loops again.

    2 TIMES I have gotten it to the Hello/Welcome screen by keeping it plugged in for about 30 min in recovery screen, unplugging using volume down/power restart. Promptly saying it has 1% battery and dying, plugging it in freezes it up and boot loops.

    Took to a local shop is $40 for replacement.. We replace battery plugs in, no luck. Stuck a fully charged OEM battery and same thing..

    Contacted young lady but her Facebook profile is blocked from me viewing or messaging her.

    Ive contacted apple care, saying they could come up with a quote because its been opened

    Thanks for reading and I appreciate any helpful comments or suggestions!

    Feel free to hate on my weak literature. :p

    submitted by /u/AustinF1ynn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel