• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 28, 2017

    iPhone AT&T changed to random Chinese characters? Sun emoji?

    iPhone AT&T changed to random Chinese characters? Sun emoji?


    AT&T changed to random Chinese characters? Sun emoji?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 05:54 PM PDT

    I'm on iOS 11, haven't done the most recent update though. Randomly today my service provider changed to this weird string of text and a sun emoji, then switched back to AT&T about a minute later.

    Has anyone had this problem and do you know what it is?

    https://imgur.com/a/4FcTG

    My phone is NOT jail broken

    submitted by /u/PokeJoseph
    [link] [comments]

    [iPhone 6s] Deleted message history on iPhone, still have the conversation/backup files in the Messages app on my Mac. Is there a way to export to my iPhone?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 10:04 PM PDT

    I haven't backed up my iPhone in months so using iCloud to restore isn't an option. Is there any way I can export the message history from Messages (Mac) to iMessanger (iPhone)? Appreciate the help!

    submitted by /u/jk0511
    [link] [comments]

    Mute switch help

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 05:01 PM PDT

    I was changing my iphone 5s battery and as i tried to get my old one out, i used a sharp object and it seems i damaged the mute switch circut that was underneath and it doesnt work anymore.

    It is hard to replace it by myself if i order the circut from the internet?

    Im not sure about the phone service, like can the person somehow access stuff on my iphone storage?

    submitted by /u/ImTT
    [link] [comments]

    no sim with iphone

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 03:22 PM PDT

    i just ordered my first ever iphone 6 and i was super excited to use it but while setting it up it asked for a sim card. and as you can tell from the title, it didnt come with one. only the tool to eject the sim tray. are they supposed to come with the sims or where do i go to get one?

    submitted by /u/hardstuck_silver1
    [link] [comments]

    Lint, Dust etc Stuck in Seam Between iPhone 8+ Screen and Frame

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 03:20 PM PDT

    Hi, in the seam around the phone where the screen's glass meets the aluminum frame, there is an accumulation of lint, dust, and etc. Any ideas for how to clean this? Or is this not supposed to be happen? Never really noticed it before on my iPhone 6. Any help is appreciated.

    I tried running the edge of a piece paper in it in hopes of cleaning it but the corner ripped off a piece of paper is now stuck in the seam as well LOL

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Ayuanatm
    [link] [comments]

    Sprint iPhone 4S sending my text messages to my wife to a friend and won't receive text messages until I restart phone, help!!!

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 11:11 AM PDT

    Ok, not sure if this is a Sprint thing or an iPhone issue.

    In the last 12 months and much more frequently in the last 3, I have noticed that when I restart my iPhone I suddenly have 40-50 text messages that never alerted me or made it to my phone from contacts. That is annoying and I have been more diligently started restarting my phone each day to see who is texting me. I think it is related to when I drive out to more roaming areas and my phone is switching towers a lot trying to connect, when I get home (where I work most of the time) it won't recognize my local towers until restart.

    But a NEW issue popped up in the last 24 hours. After restart, when I send my wife a text, it goes to my friend. When she texts me back, it shows up under his name as coming from him. I typically had 2 separate historic threads to text them both, and have deleted both and restarted. But it still persists. I checked both contacts and nothing exists crossing over phone numbers. He has an iPhone on Verizon. My wife (iPhone 5) and I are on Sprint.

    No idea what to do here and need advise.

    RESOLVED AFTER FULL PHONE SOFTWARE RESET!!

    submitted by /u/south56
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone photos are not syncing to MAC

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 02:17 PM PDT

    My iCloud settings on OSX, everything is checked, but new photos are not appearing. Photo => Preferences says uploading 322 items and has been stuck on that for hours. However I'm not sure what that means. Is it uploading photos from my Mac to iCloud? Regardless, no matter what I do I'm not getting new photos taken from my iphone.

    submitted by /u/MusicNeverStopped
    [link] [comments]

    [Help/Question] iPhone 6s Plus Battery

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 01:10 PM PDT

    Talking to this guy who's selling and iPhone 6s. Says it's on iOS 10.2.

    Only issue is that the battery does not work and phone doesn't work if it's plugged in. Have old spare iPhone 6 battery. Anyone know if I can simply just plug the iPhone 6 battery into the 6s Plus battery port on the board to test out the phone ?

    submitted by /u/_scarface
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to share contacts via iMessage since updating to iOS 11.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 12:42 PM PDT

    Title pretty much sums it up. Since completing the update, when I go to a contact and choose "share contact" only email options appear. I've tried resetting my iPhone, and I've tried signing out of my Apple ID in the Message settings.

    Any ideas?

    Edit: Sorry I forgot to mention, iPhone 6s carrier: Verizon

    submitted by /u/jah7va
    [link] [comments]

    Guy pushed me in pool with my cracked iphone in pocket and it wont turn on. Any way to retrieve items on it?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 05:44 AM PDT

    I was at a friend's house and one of the people there got drunk and pushed me in the pool and immediately I knew my phone was fucked. My phone screen was previously cracked which made the matters worse and my phone started sizzling louder than bacon. I went out of the water, tried really hard not to break his jaw, and went home and put my phone in a bag of rice, left it overnight for 13 hours and it will not turn on, nor can I pull any data from plugging it in to my computer. Is there any way to retrieve pictures or anything from a completely shot phone?

    submitted by /u/iphonepunch
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE - Incorrect wifi password

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 11:21 AM PDT

    My iPhone SE is constantly trying to connect to random AT&T routers and always (obviously) says that the password is incorrect. How do I stop this message from popping up?

    I turned off automatic connect to wifi. It only tries to connect to at&t routers. The message pops up when I'm near a random at&t router. I currently have Comcast as my home wifi.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/PikeyPoems
    [link] [comments]

    Randomly stopped receiving read receipts

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 09:43 AM PDT

    I was texting my mom last Saturday when my phone suddenly stopped showing me read receipts from her, like in the middle of the conversation. I got her to check and she still had them turned on, as do I. She's getting them from me on her phone, but for some reason my phone isn't getting them from her. The last message that says 'read' is from Saturday, the rest just say 'delivered'.

    I've restarted my phone, turned read receipts and iMessage off and back on, logged out of iMessage and signed back in. It's been driving me crazy, iMessage is basically the only reason I even have an iPhone and now it isn't working properly.

    I noticed today that it took my phone a few minutes to actually say a message was delivered, then she responded immediately afterwords. I wonder if somehow it's gotten information for delivery and actually being opened mixed up. I know nothing about the way this technology works, so I'm just taking a wild guess. Even that experience could just be a coincidence or the fact that my campus wifi is terribly slow. It doesn't matter if I'm on campus wifi, my house wifi, or cellular data, nothing changes the issue.

    I have a 5c, iOS 10.3.3. I'm also wondering if it's just that my iPhone is just old...

    Any help appreciated!

    submitted by /u/harmon_atri
    [link] [comments]

    update to 10.1

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 09:37 AM PDT

    I'm on 9.3.4 on my iphone 5s and i want to update to 10.1 so that i can jail break. The only update i see is ios 11.

    i downloaded OTA firmware to update 5S from 9.3.4 to 10.1. Not sure how to use it (if its possible)

    submitted by /u/newto_denver
    [link] [comments]

    Can you alter the LED flash patterns on the iPhone?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 09:33 AM PDT

    I'm not hearing impaired, but I prefer the LED flash notifications over vibrations when my phone is silent. With the recent update to iOS 11, the flashes have become long and pronounced. What used to be a quick double flash for a text alert has become 4 longer flashes. I realize this feature was not meant to be convenient for people who simply prefer the flashes, but is there a way to alter the flash patterns for the LED alerts?

    submitted by /u/Geofiz6
    [link] [comments]

    Phone says full (12.11GB) but the numbers don't add up, am I crazy? (image included)

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 06:32 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6, and it's telling me it's full. I have erased almost all my apps and photos, but when I did a quick look at how much space each app takes it doesn't seem to make any sense image here.

    Please tell me I am missing something somewhere. I am on OS 10.3.3(14G60).

    submitted by /u/Precious_Tritium
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6 earpiece speaker replaced but still broken

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 06:29 AM PDT

    My earpiece speaker started some weeks ago having a horrible very low sound and I decided to replace it. I received it with the tools from ebay and replaced it, but the sound is still horrible. Anyone knows what could may be causing it

    submitted by /u/vocalico
    [link] [comments]

    iphone 4s 9.3.5 (Phoenix jailbreak) fotos not showing in the fotos app

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 04:23 AM PDT

    hello, i as the title says fotos are not showing when making them i have an jailbroken iphone and i have Filza file manager installed i heard it was an file premission problem if true how do i fix these

    fotos are stored in var/mobile/media/DCIM/.MISC i think if someone could screenshot the default file access premissions so i can fix it

    submitted by /u/FartCompany
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel