• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 28, 2017

    Apple Help what happened to the itunes on mac?

    Apple Help what happened to the itunes on mac?


    what happened to the itunes on mac?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 09:11 PM PDT

    I can't view iphone/ipad app store, i want to write a review for an app and i cant get to it... there's no app store in the itunes. I tried searching in the "app store app" and it doesnt have any apps for iphone/ipad only apps for the mac computer... wtf???

    submitted by /u/itspirrip
    [link] [comments]

    My wife fell for one of those scams where she called a company pretending to be Apple - paid $100 - then they remote accessed her phone through her brand new MacBook Air and did God knows what... What can I do to ensure there isn't any spyware / trojan / whatever on her new macbook?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 11:51 AM PDT

    Sorry for the simple question but I'm a PC guy through and through so this is definitely outside of my ballpark.

    As the title said, while I was away my wife called some company who must have been listed somewhere as "Apple Care" - who then remotely accessed both her phone and Macbook. It all started when she took 4 hours of her day to reserve a spot for and see some Apple technician who then told her to update her phone (her camera wasn't working) and refused to help any further ... but that's for another thread.

    She called me while I was driving to explain the process - and mentioned that the operator told her "there was a virus on her home network and they needed to connect to her macbook to fix it" then she was complaining about him installing some "app virus blocker" on her phone..

    I told her what happened and she found an actual apple care hotline and managed to get her phone replaced - so I'm more worried about the new macbook..

    It's a brand new MacBook Air / macOS Sierra version 10.12.6 / Intel i5

    I've never even touched a mac before we got her this one, all I've done is run a MalwareBytes scan that came back negative then decided to post here thinking someone could probably help me.

    Please let me know what you think I should do to ensure this new laptop isn't infected with anything - thanks so much in advance.

    submitted by /u/Steamster
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get rid of previously purchased music once and for all?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 09:37 PM PDT

    Back in the day, I bought most of my music on iTunes. So I have quite a bit of music in my purchase history linked to my account. I got sick of seeing all this "iTunes in the Cloud" stuff, so I went in and hid all my purchased music. To be clear, if I go to iTunes (on my Mac) --> Store --> Purchased, there is nothing shown.

    But a handful of songs will not go away. I just got an iPhone 8, set it up, and went into my Music app. Sure enough, one album and a handful of songs (from a few different artists) are shown there. It appears they were automatically downloaded.

    Sure, I can go in and manually delete them, but I really just want to stomp out this annoyance once and for all. I even double checked, and all the music in question is "hidden" in my iTunes account. Why are these still showing up?

    submitted by /u/DVNO
    [link] [comments]

    Siri , Passcode & Podcasts

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 02:17 AM PDT

    I tried using Siri to get it to skip forward 2 mins on a podcast I was listening, but it makes me unlock the phone to do it. Is there a setting to let it skip forward without me having to come up to my phone and unlocking it? This seems pretty ridiculous...

    submitted by /u/ASitl
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading to macOS High Sierra. Gets stuck at the end

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 02:07 AM PDT

    My laptop is not frozen tho. What do I do?

    submitted by /u/TheFattie
    [link] [comments]

    My first Macbook pro - My First apple headache - scratched and fingerprints all over - Taking 3 weeks to deliver me a MacBook pro!!

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 10:27 PM PDT

    I have called apple here in Korea (didnt get through to the only english speaker here - she is on holiday from 28th sept to 10th oct) They told me my assistant Korean speaker they will try their best to collect the mac book tomorrow but cannot guarantee it. I might have to wait till the 11th of October for collection! and after that it will take another week or 10 days for the MacBook to be delivered at the earliest by 18 October !!! The worst shopping experience of my life! Instead of saying we are sorry for the inconvenience my assistant was told, 'oh these things happen we cant do much about it' any other company would have either rushed a new replacement in or at least thrown something to make up for a headache they have caused.

    submitted by /u/Hold121
    [link] [comments]

    How do I not allow apps to redirect to another app for a possibly safety concern?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 06:39 PM PDT

    Hi guys. I was just browsing on Chrome today, and an advertisement popped up, that redirected me to my email and had a email ready to sent to presumably all of my contacts. I, of course, exited out, but my concern for my security is still there. Is there anything I could do about this? Thanks. On iOS 11, if that helps.

    submitted by /u/FluffyWinterClouds
    [link] [comments]

    How to (easily) transfer music to an iPhone (8 plus)

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 06:26 PM PDT

    I used to own an iPhone 4 years ago and I found iTunes to be a real pain. I plan to buy an iPhone 8 Plus in the near future but creating a library and then updating it every so often and sometimes accidently overwriting it/deleting it put me off for a long time.

    Has the process become any easier now? Can you transfer music wirelessly? Can you download podcasts or other music/video files on the iPhone itself like I can on Android or does it need to be synced via iTunes?

    submitted by /u/SkepChick209
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music not working

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 10:09 PM PDT

    Hi I just wanted to see if anyone could possible give me some insights as to what is going on with my Apple Music. When I try and access the music through the lock screen to do simple commands, i.e skip, rewind, pause, play, or even just try and read the song that is playing, it will just show the music icon and the volume. Plus on top of all that when connected to a doc such as a car or even a portable speaker it will not allow anything to play at all, it only works if it's connected trough Bluetooth but even then you can't do anything besides hear the song that's playing.

    submitted by /u/Hotcake32
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7+ locker carrier.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 10:05 PM PDT

    Hey! I'm new here so I don't know if it's ok to post this,if it's not please delete it. Does anybody know a good(not scammer) online service for unlocking carrier by IMEI ? I'm about to buy an iPhone 7 plus locked in an Japan carrier and all the sites I found look very fake. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Freskeeeh
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 11 Files app. How do I remove a downloaded file?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 09:53 PM PDT

    Hi there, I've been getting used to the iOS 11 Files app on my iPad and am enjoying it so far.

    Most of my files are in iCloud and show up within the iCloud Drive location of the app. A file that's in the cloud but not stored locally has a cloud icon with a downwards arrow. Tapping it downloads the file to the iPad for offline use. Handy for watching a movie in airplane mode, for instance.

    Now lets say I'm done watching the movie and no longer need it on my iPad. How do I get rid of it? I see there's an option to delete by long-tapping on the file, but that appears to remove it from iCloud Drive entirely, which is not what I want. I just don't want it eating up local storage space.

    Is there a way to do this? It's been driving me nuts and I'd love to know. Thanks, Reddit!

    submitted by /u/factsandlies
    [link] [comments]

    Some photos not showing up on my computer?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 09:39 PM PDT

    I took around 80-100 photos yestersday and when my phone is connected to the computer, under the most recent "XXXApple" folder they are all missing, yet a screenshot i took shortly after the 80-100 photos on the phone appears in the folder?

    Help!!

    submitted by /u/lostforeigncitizen
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi connection goes in and out

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 08:48 PM PDT

    After updating I'm having trouble staying connected to any WiFi network. I use the WiFi button on the control center but it doesn't seem to always work. Is this a common issue right now?

    submitted by /u/Mayormitch100
    [link] [comments]

    New keyboard inputting x4ly16 instead of qwerty.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 08:47 PM PDT

    My new keyboard (HyperX Alloy Fps Elite) got delivered today and when i plugged it in to my laptop (mid 2012 macbook air running sierra 10.12.6) the keyboard assistant came up. It notified me that my keyboard could not be recognised and told me to press the key directly to the right of left shift in order to configure it. After doing this I was given the message "The keys you pressed were not recognized. Click OK to select the keyboard type." I have tried all the basic fixes like switching USB ports and nothing works, I have also called HyperX and they say it is an issue with my computer, not their keyboard.

    Thanks in advance for any help I may receive.

    submitted by /u/Rev_OG
    [link] [comments]

    Replacement rMBP charger

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 08:19 PM PDT

    Someone stole a backpack I owned with my 2015 13" MacBook pro charger in it. Apple wants to charge me $79 for a new one because Apple Care doesn't cover lost or stolen items. Are there any reputable 3rd party replacement chargers you would recommend?

    submitted by /u/n_alvarez2007
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch Won't Update during Pairing

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 04:27 PM PDT

    I recently got a hand me down Apple Watch that was in unpaired from the original owner, now that I try to pair it after iCloud Activating it it won't update rather it will say "watchOS 2.1 your software is up to date" Now I can't get past this after restarting it multiple times what do I do?

    submitted by /u/Bspeedy
    [link] [comments]

    Magic Trackpad batteries corroded, can't unscrew cap to remove them due to buildup

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 08:00 PM PDT

    I took my trackpad out of storage and found lovely white corrosion powder everywhere. There seems to be such a buildup that the rubber anti-slip pads are being pushed away from the body of the trackpad. I'm unable to unscrew the cap to replace and clean them out - the metal deforms and flakes away, even with a snug-fitting screwdriver and some WD-40.

    Picture

    Any tips?

    submitted by /u/SumoSizeIt
    [link] [comments]

    When making a purchase it says I don't have enough money, even when I do.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 07:36 PM PDT

    I managed to fix a previous problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the app (under the new account), and now this problem arises.

    I attempt to make a purchase in a app, and when I input my password, it says I don't have enough.

    My main theories is that somehow the App/App store still acts like it's from Australia; or that redeeming a card's money in a US account while in a Australian app store has warped reality itself.

    Does tax apply to in-app purchases? (because the difference between the purchase and the money on the account is literally 1 cent.)

    submitted by /u/Shadows_Strider
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS High Sierra: Disable screen getting paler when there is high ambient light?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 07:30 PM PDT

    After updating to MacOS High Sierra, I thought that my screen colours looked less vibrant, but at first I ignored it. Now it's really bugging me because that hasn't seemed to go away. I eventually found that when there is high ambient light, the screen gets much paler, but even with low ambient light it still seems to be slightly paler than it used to be. Is there any way to disable this and put it back to how it was before High Sierra?

    submitted by /u/Kyledude252
    [link] [comments]

    IOS 11 made my iPhone 6 unusable

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 07:12 PM PDT

    I finally gave in and clicked to update my phone. The update got about half way through and then nothing...an error popped up (#56 if that means anything) and then it requested the update again from a black screen. I've tried restore/update about 10 times now and every time it gets half way through and then the error pops up. I took it to the Apple Store and they said I was shit out of luck. My phone is entirely non-functional.

    I can't believe an update ruined my phone and Apple can't fix it.

    Any ideas on what I can do to restore it?

    submitted by /u/winston_loved_julia
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air stuck on bootup screen asking for a 4 digit code: possibly hacked!

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 03:20 PM PDT

    First time I'm posting to this community since I got my Macbook Air around this time last year. Would really appreciate your help so that I get back my laptop with all my data!

    Problem Something terrible happened a couple of days back. I opened my Macbook Air 13-inch and it started up with a black screen followed by a white screen with an Apple logo asking for a 4-digit pin code to unlock the laptop (screenshot below). After a few unsuccessful attempts, it now asks me to write to pass.apple@mail.com. But, I can't boot it up or do anything.

    https://imgur.com/a/XwPdy

    Background I haven't locked the laptop or set a pin code for my iCloud. I don't have an iPhone or the Find my Mac/iPhone app. Naturally, I checked my apple account activity and there was a login that wasn't mine (possibly a hacker). However, my iCloud did not have two-factor authentication set up.

    Struggle I immediately changed my Apple id password and a few other accounts. I've tried multiple 4-digit codes that I would have possibly set as a pin code, but none worked. Initially, it said – "Wrong passcode, try again in 60 minutes". But, now it doesn't show me the boxes to enter the pin code.

    Situation Checked online on reddit and multiple forums, nobody has found a working solution for this problem. Writing an email to the email id seems pointless and opening the Macbook to pull out the harddisk seems a bit too risky. I know that I can at least get back a working laptop if I visit the Apple Store with a proof of purchase.

    But, is there anyone who has fixed this or knows someone who has got out of this mess?

    submitted by /u/prambulator
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to figure out the most commonly used ios keyboards?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 07:04 PM PDT

    Hey guys. I am trying to find the top 10 or 15 most commonly used keyboards internationally.

    ex: US, emoji, british, french, spanish, italian

    Is there any way to find that data? should i assume its the top 15 most commonly used languages around the world?

    i am coding an app which requires me to give a value to each key on every different international keyboard. in the first release version of the app i cant possible take the time to code in a value for every key in every language so i want to start with 10ish

    thanks for the help

    submitted by /u/ElonMusk0fficial
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6S specific carrier has no service?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 07:02 PM PDT

    • I bought a used iPhone 6S Plus 128 GB that was locked to rogers
    • I unlocked it using cellunlocker.net and it worked fine with my fido sim
    • Had an unfortunate event with a kid running around in mcdonalds and dropped my phone.
    • Phone worked perfect besides the screen for 2 days
    • Randomly stopped getting service
    • Phone says "No service" whenever any fido sim card is in it and is unable to load network list. Me and my sister have the fido plan/sim and both don't work.
    • BUT Telus and Koodo sims work and get reception.
    • I have tried resetting the network settings and pretty much everything possible, please help!
    submitted by /u/byfirefly
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to see messages older than two years?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 06:51 PM PDT

    I got strangely nostalgic today and I wanted to see a text a friend sent to me but it seems that I don't have anything before 10/12/15 Is there any way to see any texts older than that or are they gone forever?

    submitted by /u/Hamza78ch11
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! my airport extreme base is old and requires new firmware

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 06:41 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Im currently trying to extend my wifi signal by using an airport extreme as a main internet base, and an airport express to enhance my signal. My first step is to get the airport extreme setup as my main internet base. As soon as i connect my airport express it reads the following ''This version of airport utility requires the AirPort Extreme use firmware 7.3.1 or later. My current airport utility is 6.3.6. Im running on a macbook pro (early 2015) on OS X el capitan 10.11.6.

    submitted by /u/goose9218
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel