• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 21, 2017

    iPad TIL: You can drag and drop links to split-view in Safari iOS 11

    iPad TIL: You can drag and drop links to split-view in Safari iOS 11


    TIL: You can drag and drop links to split-view in Safari iOS 11

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 09:52 AM PDT

    Was iOS multitasking easier in iOS 10?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 08:25 AM PDT

    So I got iOS 11 on my iPad Mini 4 and the swipe from right to bring the multitasking app no longer works. Is it just a bug? If that's the case, then my post is pointless.

    But not there's the dock and I find it to be less efficient.

    With the swipe from right, I could easily switch between the second app I wanted to be running. But now, if the app is not in the dock, it seems a lot more convoluted. It also seems there is no option to increase the number of recent apps on the dock (Seems fixed at 3).

    The control centre also takes a lot more time now. Previously say if I wanted to make a quick change I could swipe up from bottom and make the change and tap and boom, back to the app I was on. Now, if I tap it takes me to the home screen, and I have to remember which app I was on, and that takes a little more time.

    So I am finding this new iOS 11 system to be less efficient, and requiring me to be more aware of things. What are your thoughts? And many some tips and tricks?

    submitted by /u/unbelivableshots
    [link] [comments]

    Gmail just sent me this, I'm more bothered by it than I should be...

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 08:00 PM PDT

    How is iPad Air 2 doing on iOS 11?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 01:35 AM PDT

    Is it slow or is it worth upgrading?

    submitted by /u/Clarity1993
    [link] [comments]

    iPad 3 to iPad Pro 10.5"... What's good?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 11:13 AM PDT

    I've had my iPad 3 for about 5 years now, and while it's still working well enough, I've placed an order for an iPad Pro, which gets here in about 2 weeks.

    What's going to give me the best indication of how much better the iPad Pro is?

    submitted by /u/T_at
    [link] [comments]

    Long time Android user. Just bought an iPad. What are your favorite iOS only apps?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 10:45 AM PDT

    Question about iOS 11 control center customization

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 05:56 AM PDT

    One of the smaller features of iOS 11 that I was looking forward to was control center customization. So, I go into the customization menu, but it doesn't allow third party apps. Does anyone know if/how third party apps would be addable to the control panel? I'd love to finally have a calculator option in my control panel on my iPad.

    submitted by /u/imaque
    [link] [comments]

    Scratches from Apple Pencil and/or Smart Cover

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 11:51 AM PDT

    Anyone else getting small scratches due to these two accessories? I have a few dots scratches and small scratch toward the bottom of my 10.5 ipp. It's really annoying cause I only use the pencil. Does anyone know if apple covers this?

    submitted by /u/crunch94
    [link] [comments]

    Shift from beta to official

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 05:04 AM PDT

    I want to shift from the beta iOS11 to the official release as there are a few small bugs in the last beta release .

    I had backed up my data before enrolling in the beta program but is there any shorter way than that ?

    submitted by /u/BeingElonMusk
    [link] [comments]

    Mind Mapping App that is truly “full screen”

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 10:45 AM PDT

    So, some apps are apparently more "full screen" than others. Like many games. With the iOS 11 screen recording, there is that annoying red recording status bar. It doesn't show up for these so-call "full screen" apps, but does for many others, including Mind Node. Anyone have an idea as to whether there are other mind mapping apps that don't do this or maybe another way to view the mind maps?

    submitted by /u/DustinDortch
    [link] [comments]

    ipad pro vs paper

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 06:58 AM PDT

    I read a lot of scientific articles and ebooks. I do a lot of annotation (mostly limited to highlighting and writing random notes on the side).

    Thus far, my laboratory has a laser printer where I print a jillion articles, carry some of it with me when I travel, make notes and highlights, then re-scan them back to PDF (to include my notes) and eventually recycle the paper.

    now im changing labs. And although my new place will also give me the same free printer privelages.. I've been wondering if I should just get an ipad pro.

    It's a really expensive investment, and I kind of feel the ipad pro is overkill for what I do.. but it is the only one that has a pencil. Would it be worth it to get the ipad pro or should I keep going with what I was doing (print, annotate, scan)? Yes I've been to the store to try it out, but I feel this is one of those things that requires a while of trial (a few weeks) before you really feel if you like it or not.

    submitted by /u/DornishBride
    [link] [comments]

    Files app, why no photos, PDF Expert books, Word etc?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 01:44 AM PDT

    Hi guys, wondering why I can't see my photos in the Files app. Is this by design? PDF Expert also has a 'location' in the app, but the 'iTunes Files' folder and all my PDFs aren't visible either.

    Also I don't see Word or any other Office app in the locations section of the Files app, is it also not able to present your documents stored by your Office apps for you guys as well?

    submitted by /u/iknsw
    [link] [comments]

    Behold iOS 11, an entirely new computer platform from Apple

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 11:34 PM PDT

    Can anyone explain this to me...

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 05:53 AM PDT

    Before iOS update, I had 4.5gb of free space, after I've got almost 10gb freed up. Was the old IOS that large? This wasn't just before installation either, I've had 4.5 gbs free for weeks.

    submitted by /u/MarcusDA
    [link] [comments]

    PDF editing workflow in iOS 11 Files/PDFExpert

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 02:51 AM PDT

    Hey folks, So I'm trying to figure out a seamless workflow to open, edit and save PDFs on my iPad Pro 10.5

    Here's what I want to do: Open a PDF, annotate it, and save the changes.

    Apps involved: Files, OneDrive, PDFExpert

    I have a PDF on my work PC, that I want to annotate on my iPad Pro. I need to enter some data myself and get is verified and signed by someone else as well. Which is why I want to do this on my iPad so I can just bring them the iPad and the Apple Pencil and they can sign the PDF right there.

    Here's what I did: 1. Added the PDF to the OneDrive folder on my PC so that I could access it from the OneDrive/Files app on my iPad. 2. Opened Files app and located the PDF from my OneDrive "location". 3. Tapped on the PDF in question and it opened in the Files app PDF view. 4. Tapped on the share sheet and could only find the option to "Copy to PDFExpert". I would assume I need some option like "Open in PDFExpert".
    5. The PDF opens in PDFExpert and I made the annotations. But now there's a new copy on PDFExpert as well. And the copy in OneDrive hasn't yet been updated. 6. So, from PDFExpert, I upload the file to OneDrive (I've logged in to OneDrive on my PDFExpert app as well). It prompts me that there's already a file with the same name, and I ask it to replace. 7. Now, I have the annotated PDF back in OneDrive that I could send for printing from my PC.

    I'm looking for any and all inputs on how this entire process can be streamlined.

    I know that the OneDrive app hasn't yet been updated for iOS 11 Files integration. And I know I could have used the annotate functionality in iOS 11 instead of going over to PDFExpert. But I'd still like to use PDFExpert - for the bigger feature set.

    Help!

    submitted by /u/ud_singh
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pencil disconnection issue

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 06:45 PM PDT

    So it seems every night my Apple Pencil is losing connection to my iPad. I first noticed it when messing with the "tap to open notes" feature which I was really excited about but can't get to work right. Every day I have to plug the Apple Pencil into the iPad before I can use the Pencil regardless of charge. I checked the battery widget today before using the Pencil to see if the iPad was detecting it and all seemed well but when I went to "tap to wake" it did nothing. I then plugged the pencil into the iPad for a couple seconds and voila, everything is working again. Anybody have any ideas what the problem could be? Any help is appreciated

    Edit: I would love to know why I'm being downvoted for actually asking a legitimate question.

    submitted by /u/tatzapper
    [link] [comments]

    Battery Issues iPad Pro (iOS 11)

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 10:14 AM PDT

    Has anyone else noticed more battery power being used since the iOS 11 update? Just to compare, I could watch a fifteen minute video on YouTube and my battery would only drop to 98%. Now, I watch the same video, no other factors changing, and now it drops to 95%.

    submitted by /u/deaddaftskrill1
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pencil lagging issues randomly since IOS 11.

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 10:05 AM PDT

    I have an IPad Pro (9.7) and updated to IOS 11. Since the update everything has worked great except my pencil. I use the Noteshelf app which has been amazing for me. Since the update the pencil randomly lags and really throws off note taking. Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions to how I can solve the issue?

    submitted by /u/InfernoOD
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro Workflow with Lightroom Mobile

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 12:01 AM PDT

    Hey all, I have a quick question and wondering if people can help. My current workflow is to: 1) Take photos on a Canon 6D in RAW. 2) Take the SD card and put it into iMac. 3) Dump the RAW files into a folder structure on an external drive (mostly controlled by Lightroom and sorted by date). 4) Edit and export. I am looking at getting an iPad Pro as I am severely tempted by the flexibility of a mobile device that can do fast edits on the road and travelling. I have tested Lightroom Mobile (with Creative Cloud) on my existing iPhone and iPad (very old) and it works quite well when editing from Desktop>Mobile. As I understand it it is editing a smart preview on the mobile device and then saving that metadata to apply to RAW files that are stored locally on the desktop.

    I'm more concerned with the other way now. Since I have a Canon 6D I have wireless transfer capability - albeit slow. If I transfer RAW files over from my 6D to an iPad Pro, they will be locally stored as RAW in the Lightroom Mobile Catalog. As part of the Lightroom Mobile CC workflow...will those RAW files EVER get transferred to my desktop? If so, how could I control that? My concern is that the limited space (128GB/256GB, etc) could be severely limiting eventually as I will be reticent to delete originals that never get migrated as part of the sync process.

    Does anyone have any experience with this?

    submitted by /u/twholbrook
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad 2017 (128gb) @ $400 vs. Ipad Pro 9.7 (32gb, Cellular) @ $350

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 09:13 AM PDT

    Just bought a 2017 IPad (wifi only) with 128gb from BB for $399 + tax. Have had for 3 days... it's great, and I enjoy it thusly.

    Saw a craigslist add for an IPad Pro 9.7 (wifi + cellular) with 32gb for $350.

    I know the Pro has a better chip (9X vs. 9) and a better screen... I also have 50gb of iCloud storage for $1/month, so the loss of onboard storage isn't too detrimental.

    Is there any reason I shouldn't take this Ipad back to BB and go get the 9.7 Pro right now???

    submitted by /u/papadoc55
    [link] [comments]

    What are you using for Todos/Reminders?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 09:10 AM PDT

    I'm not happy with my current setup. I just moved from Evernote to Bear, but neither are great at todos that need a reminder.

    I don't like having to use multiple apps, as I like to see everything all at once, but it seems this is what I need. I'm not good at doing a "daily review" from all my sources.

    submitted by /u/shmobodia
    [link] [comments]

    Refurbished iPads?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 09:06 AM PDT

    Has anyone purchased a refurbished iPad from APPLE? How long have you had it? Have you noticed any issues?

    submitted by /u/lorealpaca
    [link] [comments]

    Continuity stopped working - ipad pro 10.5 and iphone 7

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 09:04 AM PDT

    I noticed yesterday when wanting to connect my wifi ipad to my iphone instant hotspot. It wasn't there. Looking into it this morning. I've found that handoff isn't working either, neither is universal clipboard. Basically all my continuity features are gone.

    I've rebooted both devices repeatedly, before and after resetting network settings on both. Both are signed in to the same appleID.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/mchlwise
    [link] [comments]

    HDR toggle

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 07:35 PM PDT

    Hi, I've read that the ipad pro 10.5 supports HDR in some applications like Netflix. Is there a way to confirm whether HDR is really used?

    submitted by /u/itsmeyoursmallpenis
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel