• Breaking News

    Monday, September 25, 2017

    iPad My wife and I built our 1st app - Sudoku with full Apple Pencil integration

    iPad My wife and I built our 1st app - Sudoku with full Apple Pencil integration


    My wife and I built our 1st app - Sudoku with full Apple Pencil integration

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 11:11 AM PDT

    And Apple featured it in the US store as the Game of the Day today! For those interested, it's free (ad supported) - here it is.

    If you're an avid puzzler PM me - we set 25 codes aside to get rid of the ads.

    Anyway, we just felt like sharing our excitement. We were told that there was a chance when they approached us, did the questionaire, etc. - but nothing was guaranteed until today.

    All the best!

    EDIT: Thank you all for your feedback & input. We're currently working on our first update, which will remove the "4 strikes & it's game over" setting in ZEN MODE (it'll be truly Zen then). We're also aware of the bug that causes the notes to not disappear automatically after a tile match.

    Unfortunately, we're all out of codes for tonight - but you can still download the game for free. We designed it so that the ad plays AFTER a completed game or Game Over, so there won't be any distracting banners/pop-ups, etc.. We'll definitely post again once the update is out & give away some more codes. We also have some more fun features up our sleeves :). Thank you!!!

    submitted by /u/FearAndSickness
    [link] [comments]

    The iPad (2017) has now become my laptop replacement.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 12:26 AM PDT

    Of course every situation is different, but for me personally, ever since I bought the iPad 2017 I've only used my laptop twice in 3 months (which was to remote to a family member's pc to help with their issues).

    The main reason I initially bought the iPad was for ebook reading and watching YouTube/Netflix, but it's since become a device that I can't live without now.

    Along with the usual media consumption (Apple Music, Facebook, YouTube, Netflix, Curiosity Stream), I've been able to edit and create resumes and cover letters (which I export as PDFs), download some torrents for things that get delayed in being released (using the Documents by Readdle browser + bitport.io for cloud torrenting), manage my files and media with Documents, Files Hub and iCloud AND some gaming that I didn't think I'd enjoy on a touch screen device (FTL and Wayward Souls is amazing) - all while getting some amazing battery life. It genuinely lasts a good 10-11 hours. One of my favourite things to top it off is the iCloud backup. Being able to restore everything just as it was is severely underrated.

    Now with iOS 11, it's gotten even better with the ability to drag and drop! The dock has also definitely helped in better managing multitasking. One regret that I do have is that I didn't get a larger iPad!

    What has your experience been? Have you found yourself using an iPad more often now with iOS 11?

    Side note: all my typing has been from the onscreen keyboard - which hasn't really created an issue, but being a 9.7" screen what keyboard would be a great fit for this device? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ditrta
    [link] [comments]

    Those of you with an iPad mini 4, how’s it holding up?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 01:00 PM PDT

    My original iPad mini is around five years old now and I'm in need of an upgrade. I've been a bit out of the loop with the iPad range over the last few years so was surprised to find that the 'latest' iPad mini hasn't been updated in around two years.

    I like the smaller form factor so didn't really want to get a larger model but I'm unsure whether to go with the iPad mini 4 or not.

    I'd be interested to hear from anyone who owns one and whether they think it's a worthy upgrade or whether I should go with the larger model instead.

    submitted by /u/JuniorJedi
    [link] [comments]

    I miss the slide over screen from right in Safari with default app sooo much. Made it much quicker to use bank login app for me. Now its really crappy.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 10:47 AM PDT

    Drag drop/split screen. Just not the same and smooth.

    submitted by /u/realistic_swede
    [link] [comments]

    General iOS 11 thoughts

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 06:27 AM PDT

    Here are mine: I love the new UI with the new Dock, Spaces, and Drag and Drop. I also think that once I fully get used to it, I'll like the new way of opening apps in Split View, and how Slide Over is now like having a third app tucked away, waiting to be used. I already do like it a lot, but just this morning I went to do the old Slide Over maneuver, so I'm not fully adjusted yet.

    I do find it ironic that one UI difference the iPad had from the iPhone in iOS 10 was the lock screen and the widget screen, with how they had two panes of information side by side. Why that was changed to one pane, making it look like a blown up version of how the iPhone works, when iOS 11 has such a focus of differentiating the two, is beyond me lol.

    Has anybody else encountered any bugs though? I definitely have, including one where my iPad entirely froze and I had to restart my device. I also feel like my battery, while still good, is not as good as it was prior to the upgrade. Is that just me, or is anyone else experiencing more of a battery drain?

    submitted by /u/Zelda_Chestnut
    [link] [comments]

    Is something wrong with BOTH my iPad Pro + Apple Pencil's battery?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 01:58 PM PDT

    I know iPads have a 10/12 hour battery life, with impressive standby time. I recently got an iPad Pro, and I noticed that doing mundane things like browsing Reddit/Twitter, or using Procreate will drain my battery in no time.

    To add, my Apple Pencil's battery can go from 100% to at least 80 in several minutes.

    submitted by /u/C-Ron
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube App Background Battery Drain

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 05:12 PM PDT

    Cheap but good game controller for ipad?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 12:30 PM PDT

    I was looking to play some Asphalt 8 and other games with a controller since it feels much more comfortable but i'm not willing to spend £50 for a controller for my iPad. Anyone know any cheap but good controllers? By cheap i mean not over £20

    submitted by /u/damianea103
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody know a good app for music notation?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 11:36 AM PDT

    My professor for Music Theory is giving us assignments to be done in Finale/Musescore. I'd prefer to do it on my iPad Pro 10.5 but I don't know of any apps that'd let me edit music sheets efficiently. Anybody know of any good music notation apps?

    submitted by /u/Vault92FTW
    [link] [comments]

    Best Buy iPad Pro Sale

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 03:49 AM PDT

    Best Buy is offering the iPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9 for $100 off. Worth a look for those interested!

    submitted by /u/djgdgaf
    [link] [comments]

    Navigating iPad using Mac's trackpad

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 10:48 AM PDT

    I have a Macbook Pro 2017 and an iPad Pro.

    Is it possible to navigate on the iPad Pro using the trackpad on the Macbook Pro 2017?

    I position my iPad alongside the external monitor and often use it for reference and books. It would be nice to be able to control the iPad apps without having the lift the arms off the Macbook.

    submitted by /u/HappyAndHarmless
    [link] [comments]

    iPad slow to “wake up” with new iOS

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 06:43 PM PDT

    This was never an issue before, but with the new iOS my screen is basically dead for 5 seconds every time I open my iPad. Am I the only one having this happen? iPad Pro 9.7.

    submitted by /u/MarcusDA
    [link] [comments]

    GoodNotes Mac App

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 10:18 AM PDT

    Does anyone here use the GoodNotes Mac app? How is it? Does it support two-page view?

    submitted by /u/bobheadxi
    [link] [comments]

    Hdr trailers and streaming vs downloading question

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 06:30 AM PDT

    Has anyone seen confirmation if hdr videos on iPad Pro have to actual be downloaded, or can I just stream it from iTunes? Also anyone know if the trailers for the movies that support hdr use hdr is the trailers to?

    submitted by /u/njbrodeur87
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of an iPad Pro 12.9 as a replacement for my aging MacBook Pro.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 10:02 AM PDT

    I'm on a 2011 MacBook Pro and I've been thinking of "upgrading" to an iPad Pro rather than another MacBook. I just need to know how the file system works with websites which have computer browsing functions for document uploads and such. Does iOS 11 handle .docx files as it would .pages? Lastly, how does it handle RAW photo files? I read that Wifi enabled external hard drives are supported for file backups, which I would be doing the majority of time for important documents and all the photos from my DSLR.

    Other than those 3 things, I know an iPad would suit my needs just fine.

    Also, for those who use Affinity Photo, how does it stack up against Lightroom?

    submitted by /u/I_am_the_Moon_King
    [link] [comments]

    Liquidtext help - text selectio

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 09:51 AM PDT

    Hi there Im using a large ipad pro (not the most recent one) with an apple pencil with Liquidtext.

    Im running into this weird text selection issue where I drag the pencil over the text in a pdf to select parts of a document. It starts out fine, highlighting letter by letter, word by word, but very often the selection will suddenly switch from behaving like a highlight tool and instead turn into a box-type tool. If i started highlighting halfway through a line, this means the selection gets cut in half all the way down.

    Am I doing something wrong? Its incredibly frustrating. Even just trying to duplicate the issue so I could take pictures to explain what was going on took me 5 minutes of trial and error

    This is how I'm trying to select: https://imgur.com/a/l9oE4

    But it keeps turning into this: https://imgur.com/a/rARWh

    submitted by /u/Whitley_G
    [link] [comments]

    Am I crazy or does this happen to anyone else when leaning on their iPad?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 09:46 AM PDT

    I usually have my iPad Pro 10.5" in between me and my keyboard. When I go to type, I rest my forearms on the top and bottom bezels (the iPad is in landscape). The weird thing is, when I'm listening to music through my AirPods, if I put my right forearm on the bottom bezel (one with the home button), the sound cuts out or gets scrambled. At first I thought it was a coincidence or something was wrong with my AirPods. But after testing it on other devices and being able to replicate it only on my iPad in that one spot, there has to be something wrong right?

    submitted by /u/AirOne111
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 11 extreme performance issues on iPad mini 3

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 11:56 PM PDT

    Occasional major lag in apps, constant freezing, app crashes, it's slow to open and load apps, slow to switch out. It's almost unusable now. I can't have two apps open at the same time, because it'l completely freeze and stay frozen until I force shut down. If I have Spotify or Musi playing in the background and I open up any social media app, more times than not, It'l freeze.

    Anyone else experiencing these issues? Everything ran smoothly beforehand I updated. Is my only option to wait until they push out more updates?

    Edit: it even froze right after I tabbed out after posting this. I don't have any other apps running. And to add; Safari is running very slowly, generally when typing. It's extremely delayed.

    submitted by /u/okWhateverlol
    [link] [comments]

    What is the new iOS11 hot spot pairing logic?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 09:20 AM PDT

    The old method required me to push a bluetooth request to the iphone by clicking the previously used hotspot device.

    Now it looks like that won't work until I go into my control center, long press/force touch the wireless sections then activate the greyed chain links icon so that you'll be discoverable.

    If apple reworked their pairing I'm hoping there is a faster method i'm not seeing. Any help?

    submitted by /u/PlotTwistIntensifies
    [link] [comments]

    App Suggestion for Video Creation & Editing iPad Mini??

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 03:04 AM PDT

    Greetings all. Let me begin by confessing that I am an Android user by trade, however I prefer the platform of iOS In a tablet, my iPad Mini. With that said, I beg that the wonderful redditor's of r/iPad will acknowledge that my honesty and sincerity and therefore keep their time honored reputation of assisting those that are in need, although they are not true Apple user's​ themselves!

    As stated I own an older iPad Mini using iOS 9.3.5. I use it for basically surfing, research, videos, and my toilet buddy. I need a suggestion for an app/application (I apologize as I am not familiar with the proper lingo in the iOS community) that is a video editor and/or creator.

    I have several somewhat short videos recorded through various mobile devices that are all backed up to a cloud service, in which my goal was to use the iPad to download them and compile a video complete with background music, still photos, transitions., Etc.

    Obviously a paid program will give me better results but a free program would be more up my alley if there is one that would do the job. Please bear in mind that I am not looking to make a professional video obviously a paper a gram will give me better results but a free program would be more up my alley if there is one that would do the job. Please bear in mind that I am NOT looking to make a professional video by any means just something as a hobby and to have something to create.

    I sincerely welcome your suggestions to any apps that may be available as well as any suggestions that you may have. Also let me take this chance to thank you for having me in your community and I look forward to your feedback.

    TL;DR: NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR VIDEO EDITING AND CREATING SOFTWARE FOR IOS PLATFORM TO COMPILE VIDEOS FROM VARIOUS MOBILE DEVICES.

    submitted by /u/latchkey_sc
    [link] [comments]

    10.5” iPad Pro Apple Pencil latency

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 02:13 AM PDT

    University has just started again and over the summer I replaced my Surface with an iPad Pro 10.5" and Apple Pencil. The latency is supposed to be 20ms however when I'm writing in Notes with Files opened in split view the the latency becomes unbearable. It's over 1s, I finish writing a line before any text appears. This is not acceptable.

    Is there any way to improve on this?

    submitted by /u/hotelquestions12
    [link] [comments]

    Lower benchmark scores than an average pro 10.5 in Antutu. Should I be worried??

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 04:17 AM PDT

    Was this Undo button always so prominent here?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 07:43 AM PDT

    Issue with Smart Keyboard - iPad Pro 10.5

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 07:23 AM PDT

    I have an issue with my Smart Keyboard and iPad Pro 10.5:

    1. Setup my ipad and keyboard in standard configuration at the office/home/coffee shop
    2. Open any browser to authenticate to the WiFi by typing in my credentials
    3. Go into any other application and the keyboard no longer works

    Disconnecting the keyboard and reattaching does not fix it, only a reboot. I have to do this every single day, sometimes more than once. I contacted apple when it first occurred and they didn't offer much help as I was on iOS 11 beta 7 at that point. I informed them it happened in 10.3.3 as well but since iOS 11 was beta, I agreed to give future versions a try. It still happens in the GA release of iOS 11 so I wanted to make this post and see if anyone else has experienced a similar issue?

    Apple did say I could try to exchange it but I am worried it's a bug that may not be remedied with new hardware?

    iPad Pro 10.5 - 256gb - WiFi Only

    submitted by /u/Paleocurb
    [link] [comments]

    Default settings on Files app?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 06:07 AM PDT

    Whenever I open a file in the Files app, Google Drive automatically opens up for editing. Is there a way to change this default?

    submitted by /u/sirhappy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel