• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 23, 2017

    Apple Help iPad with the pencil for daily use notebook.

    Apple Help iPad with the pencil for daily use notebook.


    iPad with the pencil for daily use notebook.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 07:03 PM PDT

    Hi First, I have never used an iPad with the support of the pencil. I have a very old iPad when the pencil was not introduced. Now, with the release of new iPad, I was wondering if it is a good idea to replace my daily note-taking notebook (at my office) by iPad and the pencil. Is taking notes with the pencil on the iPad faster or slower than using a ballpoint pen on paper? Is there a lag when writing with a pencil? Or just the old style of note taking on a notepad with ball pen should be the way.

    submitted by /u/blackhawkdown013
    [link] [comments]

    SMTP block seems to "follow" my email accounts between different clients, devices, networks, even countries

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 03:23 PM PDT

    Hi all!

    I've been having (what I thought was) a weird but minor issue for the past few weeks, and it's really snowballed within the last couple of days. On the surface, it looks like it would be a simple fix, but nothing really adds up. As of this afternoon, I've also stumped two different senior-level Apple Support techs with it.

    Devices affected: 2013 MacBook Pro running 10.11.6 (El Capitan); iPhone 6s running 10.2

    Software affected (so far): Mac Mail app, iOS mail app, third-party mail clients (Airmail, Thunderbird)

    Accounts affected: AppleID, Windows Live email account, iCloud email account

    The issue: About a month ago, I first started noticing that my Windows Live account (which I've been using for years) was having trouble syncing to my iOS mail app. It would go through periods of severely lagging behind my desktop mail client (Airmail), and when manually pushed to update, would give me an "emails could not be loaded/server cannot be reached" error message. This affected both incoming and outgoing emails. But after a day or so, the sync always seemed to sort itself out, so I chalked it up to the Windows servers not playing nice with iOS.

    Over the past couple of weeks, though, it got much worse and seemed to confine itself to outgoing emails only (SMTP). At about this time, it started to affect my desktop client as well. I became completely unable to send any emails from either my mail client or phone (they hung indefinitely in the Outbox), and I resorted to using the browser version of my email (this has always worked without a problem).

    I also began to notice that this problem happens only on wifi. When I turn on my phone's data (and turn off wifi), the iOS Mail app works perfectly.

    During this time, I did a lot of traveling, and even spent some time out of the country. The SMTP problem on wifi has persisted this whole time, no matter where I'm connecting from. I know that public wifi can sometimes block SMTP, and I have been using various public hotspots lately, but the problem persists even on private networks and home-based routers. (For example, when I was out of the country, I stayed in an Airbnb-style apartment with a typical home wifi setup, and I had the problem there too.)

    A few days ago, thinking that the source of the problem (at least on the laptop) might be Airmail, I deleted it and started using the Mac Mail app. This seemed to fix the problem for about a day or so, but then it returned. So, thinking that the Windows Live servers might be the culprit, I decided to switch away from my Live account and start using my iCloud email, which I had previously left completely untouched. (I had been unhappy with Live for a couple other reasons for a while now, too.) But this morning, while in the process of updating my email address in all my various accounts/subscriptions/etc., I discovered that the SMTP block is now affecting the iCloud account on both my phone and laptop in the exact same way.

    I called Apple Support, who walked me through the Connection Doctor and had me try various permutations of SMTP settings, including all three typical outgoing mail ports (25/465/587), toggling SSL, various authentication methods, etc. Nothing worked.

    At the end of my call, a senior Apple Support tech told me that he thought it was my router and/or ISP. But after we hung up, I looked into my router and I couldn't find anything amiss. I can see both my laptop and phone on the network, neither of them is being throttled or blocked in any way, and all my mail ports are open/connected.

    I then tried a few other things in an attempt to isolate the problem: 1. Added an old GMail account to my iOS and Mac Mail client. 2. Added my iCloud account to a friend's iPad, which had never "seen" the account before. 3. Installed Thunderbird on the laptop.

    None of the above worked/it was always the same results as before. My friend remarked that the accounts are behaving as though they're blacklisted, but I don't have any evidence that they are.

    So, I'm thoroughly stumped now:

    --I know SMTP issues are pretty common, but why would the problem seemingly "spread" from phone to laptop and from one account to another over time?

    --If it really is the router/ISP causing the problem, then why has this problem seemed to follow me around my own country for over a month, and even to a different country?

    --I could understand it if a stuck setting/something in the cache/etc. from Airmail was causing problems on the laptop, but then how would that explain the phone, especially since the problem seemed to originate from there?

    I'm not at all opposed to a more drastic fix (e.g. new AppleID, wipe/OS reinstall of one or both devices), but I'd just like to make sure it would have a high chance of success before I embark on it.

    Would anyone happen to have any ideas, or have you noticed something I haven't thought of? Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/rightouttahere
    [link] [comments]

    Does dead battery cause MBPr 15" to CPU throttle?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 08:07 PM PDT

    I know the old models, 2012 and earlier will have CPU throttle if a battery is removed. I have a MPBr 15" that has failed 0% built-in battery. It's very slow, even during recovery fresh install, it's probably 1/10 of the speed.

    submitted by /u/lamdog220
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to have Siri play songs on my Apple Watch directly without it going through the iPhone?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 04:00 PM PDT

    I just got an Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE. I downloaded a few songs on it. I can play them just fine.

    However, if I tell Siri to play a song (using the Watch), she will only play it through my iPhone. The song does not show up as playing on my watch, and I have no control over the song on the watch.

    BUT if I turn off my iPhone, this problem goes away.

    So what I would like to be able to do is avoid this problem while my iPhone is turned on.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/TheIronKraken
    [link] [comments]

    Are there POST cards available for Macbooks?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 07:32 PM PDT

    I have a macbook that we were going to recycle at work because it wont boot. They said I could have it. I dont know much about Apple products. Are there POST cards available to run diagnostics?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/GreenMachine556
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes Store keeps asking for my password

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 07:16 PM PDT

    • iPhone 8 Plus
    • iOS 11.0 GM
    • iCloud enabled and payments are working fine on App Store

    Steps to reproduce:

    1. Launch iTunes Store
    2. Search for "Apple Keynotes"
    3. Tap on the playlist for Apple Keynotes (1080p)
    4. Tap "Subscribe"
    5. Authenticate with TouchID
    6. Receive prompt for Apple ID Password
    7. Enter Apple ID Password
    8. Tap OK
    9. Wait a few seconds
    10. Authenticate with TouchID
    11. Receive prompt for Apple ID Password
    12. Enter Apple ID Password
    13. Tap OK
    14. ...(Repeat ad infinitum)

    If I cancel at any point, it just takes me back to the page I'm on and I can't subscribe to the playlist. I also can't download any of the items in the playlist or play them.

    Also the Cancel button in the top-left corner of the playlist page does nothing.

    Editorial based on my impression of the severity and obveity of this bug: What is this, Android? lol.

    submitted by /u/allquixotic
    [link] [comments]

    iphone 6 becoming unresponsive after ios 11 update.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 04:57 PM PDT

    Not sure if this is considered as a bug as this has just recently occurred. I've had ios 11 download for about 3 days now and everything was working fine until my phone recently became unresponsive. I've tried resetting and and restoring to another back up but my screen always become unresponsive. The only time I am able to even type in my passcode is when i restart my phone, but that only lasts for a short amount of time before the problem occurs again. Anybody have a solution to this?

    submitted by /u/FruitSalad_
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8+ UI Frozen

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 07:08 PM PDT

    Just got an iPhone 8+ and now I can only lock the screen, unlock the screen, pull the notification bar down and control center up. I can't swipe left and right on the home screen after unlocked or open apps. I can't hard reset using the power and volume down button either. Seems like my only hope is just letting it die on it's own, any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/dellcomputers12
    [link] [comments]

    i force quit itunes while restoring my iPhone

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 06:45 PM PDT

    I was stupid enough to force quit itunes while clean installing ios 11 on my iphone. It is bricked now. How can i fix this?

    submitted by /u/Jacob_M33
    [link] [comments]

    Can iPhone handle chargers beyond 1Amp?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 06:18 PM PDT

    I have one of those wall outlets that has USB ports at 5V 3AMP per port and curious if that will have a effect on the iPhone SE.

    submitted by /u/ps4curious
    [link] [comments]

    Safari lags opening every tab.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 09:45 PM PDT

    Six month old MacBook pro that I haven't gotten a ton of user out of because I've been using my work computer alot. When I noticed it the first week I got it I thought it might just be my network. But after downloading chrome it's clear that something is up with safari. It can lag for up to ten seconds before loading a page. Does anyone have any experience with this?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheMountainThatRide
    [link] [comments]

    1st ever iTunes back-up before new iPhone. Requiring password that was never set.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 09:33 PM PDT

    My wife upgraded from a 6S Plus to an 8 Plus. Before we headed to the AT&T store to do the upgrade, I had her do a backup on iTunes vs using iCloud. Last time, we had issues with getting all her info from the cloud after updating to the 6S+. Backed up with no issue and we headed off. Got home about an hour later and she went to restore and iTunes prompted to enter a password since the backup was encrypted.

    Mind you, she has never backed up a phone, ever, and the checkbox to encrypt is unchecked. We have tried every since possible password and passcode and have not been successful.

    We were able to pull photos and contacts from iCloud, but text messages are trapped in encryption land. How/Why would this happen and are there any work arounds?

    Details:
    iPhone 6S Plus to iPhone 8 Plus
    iOS10.3.3 to iOS 11
    Running iTunes on Windows

    submitted by /u/ImThaBean
    [link] [comments]

    iPad 4 locked, forgot Apple account...

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 09:18 PM PDT

    Forgot the pin to my iPad 4, and wants me to connect to Apple account to unlock it, when the device doesn't appear on any of my current accounts. I want to wipe the device completely, do I need to take it into the Apple shop to do this, or is there a work around I can do at home to open it?

    submitted by /u/Lord_Galactus1
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble with root access

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 08:35 PM PDT

    I need root access to install an NPM package. I've enabled root once before with no problems. I disabled it right away once I was finished, just like Apple suggests.

    This time I enable root, set a password and once I try logging in as root, a message pops up saying "the system was unable to unlock your login keychain". I tried just continuing with the login but I get another pop up asking for a password. My root password doesn't work. What exactly is going on here? Thanks in advance!

    PS I'm not getting any pop ups about keychain using my regular admin account.

    submitted by /u/renegadellama
    [link] [comments]

    Bootcamp query- windows 10 on external hdd

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 08:14 PM PDT

    I am getting my first mac - a macbook pro 15 in next week (Custom orders are a bit of a pain) and looking to do the same. The only reason I require windows is due to the outdated banking system in South Korea much forces you to use windows and explorer (yes explorer). I wanted to ask if you are running the windows os off the external drive can you install other software on the drive? such as 3dCAD or games or film? and does the drive still function as a normal external hdd when booting into mac os (can I save my music and documents onto it and access it on both OS? any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Hold121
    [link] [comments]

    What is a Network Account Server?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 08:11 PM PDT

    Hey there, I was just wondering what a Network Account Server is and what does it mean to "Unbind from the Active Directory Domain?" when I try to remove it? Thank you for any replies :)

    submitted by /u/potatohead303
    [link] [comments]

    'British-PC' keyboard layout on iOS (using external keyboard)

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 12:33 PM PDT

    I have a hardware password manager I'm trying to use on my iPhone. The password manager uses a virtual keyboard to enter the credentials, but I'm having issues due to the layout that keyboard is set to.

    On MacOS there is an option to set the keyboard layout to British or British-PC. On iOS there is only an option for the British layout.

    Is there any way to add a British-PC layout for a hardware keyboard on iOS?

    submitted by /u/ispywithmy
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes 12.7.0.166

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 04:04 PM PDT

    What is wrong it iTunes on Windows? It runs like garbage and is slower than molasses.

    submitted by /u/xknucklezx
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi broken in OS11

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 11:40 AM PDT

    Since updating, I am no longer able to connect to WiFi on either my iPhone7 or my iPad. Is this a feature or a bug?

    submitted by /u/mclepus
    [link] [comments]

    Water Damage

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 11:36 AM PDT

    My ipad recently got in a puddle of water, and now it is still wet, so I was wondering the best way to let it dry to keep most of its functionality

    submitted by /u/NLT319
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Drive (Files) App keeps opening my documents in Google Drive

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 12:24 PM PDT

    iPhone 6S Plus running iOS11. I can't seem to figure this out. Any time I attempt to open a file in iCloud Drive, a Word Doc for example, it tries to open it in Google Drive, but before it would open in Preview or Microsoft Word. Any tips as to what is going on?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/CorgisDriveMeNuts
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to get Applecare+ for your macbook pro purchased before June 5?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 02:09 PM PDT

    I was recently informed applecare+ was available for macbook pros by an instore employee who referred me to the phone helpline. Phone people said I was SOL because I purchased it before the 5th.

    Should I try again or is there no leeway at all? Anyone have any experience with this?

    submitted by /u/happymaus
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes not copying all of my songs to my iPhone

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 10:13 AM PDT

    When I press "sync", not all of my songs are copied to my iPhone (around 100 are missing). When I click on "music on my device" in iTunes, some of them have a dotted circle outline next to them (see screenshot). Any ideas on how to solve this?

    I'm running 12.7.0.166 on a mid-2012 Macbook Pro on macOS Sierra 10.12.6. My iPhone is a 5S on iOS 11. Yes, I have selected "sync entire music library" in iTunes, and the songs play on my computer.

    submitted by /u/CoolioDood
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to add two different versions of a same app to my launchpad?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 01:37 PM PDT

    Am using the latest version of OSX.

    I have tried renaming them to different names and re-adding them to /applications folder but it doesn't seem to work.

    submitted by /u/crk2005222
    [link] [comments]

    Old Snow Leopard MacBook hanging at EVERYTHING, please send help

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 01:28 PM PDT

    I bought a MacBook running 10.6 Snow Leopard (second gen I think, 2.1, I think the model number is A1181?) off eBay this week and it's just arrived. Everything seems fine until connecting it to the internet through Wi-Fi.

    Once I start using anything related to the internet (such as safari or the update thing) it's inevitable that the whole system will crash. What I mean by this is that it starts with the program in question stop responding, then when I go to force quit the app by going onto the top bar (forgive me I'm relatively new to Mac OS), then that stops responding too. Then I try to get it at the dock, which then that stops responding too. Basically my whole system just sinks like the titanic and the only way to stop it all is to force shutdown.

    While I can't test the Ethernet right now to see if it's a problem connecting to the internet in general, I think it might be something to do with the airport card. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it hardware or software that's the problem? Will an upgrade to Lion fix it?

    submitted by /u/Captain_W0W
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel