• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 20, 2017

    Apple Help iOS11 Weather app constantly stuck on the geo-fence setting for location services. It's killing my battery.

    Apple Help iOS11 Weather app constantly stuck on the geo-fence setting for location services. It's killing my battery.


    iOS11 Weather app constantly stuck on the geo-fence setting for location services. It's killing my battery.

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 04:39 PM PDT

    This is coming off of a fresh restore and "set up as new phone" for iOS 11. Not sure how to solve this issue or why weather would ever need to use the geo-fence function.

    submitted by /u/bestfriendfornever
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes could not backup iPhone because it disconnected

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 07:32 PM PDT

    I'm restoring a backup to an iPhone 7 and it keeps telling me it disconnected. I've followed multiple guides on how to fix this problem and none of the solutions have solved anything. I'm desperate. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/sadieless
    [link] [comments]

    Someone used my wife's gmail account to create an Apple ID

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 07:27 PM PDT

    Hi r/applehelp, first time poster in desperate need of help. I'd be grateful if anyone takes the time to read this chain of events. (Posted in r/apple before but realised after that this sub is more appropriate).

    My wife and I went on holiday to Vietnam this summer (early August). Her iphone was stolen. Mysteriously, on the same day, the passwords to both her gmail and hotmail were changed by someone- to this day it's unclear how or why this happened; the iPhone was password protected and so i can't see how the thief would have managed to access both, let alone 1. Maybe someone was able to access them through a vulnerable internet connection we used?

    Regardless, we were able to recover both of these email addresses and blacklist the phone. We received a new handset via insurance, added two factor authentication etc and we thought this episode was finished.

    Fast forward to today- we receive emails stating that the Apple id phone number and password had been changed (to a Vietnamese phone number). Weirdly, the apple ID used my wife's gmail address- she's never used this for an Apple ID, it's always been her hotmail. It had escaped our notice that a month ago or so, we'd received an email that this gmail ID was put into account recovery. Her true, hotmail apple ID remains secure.

    The only way i can make sense of what happened is this- when her gmail was compromised, the hacker created a new apple ID with this address. They later associated their Vietnamese phone number with it.

    My question is this: a) what was their motivation to do this? b) should we be worried? c) can apple do anything about this? d) was the theft related to the hacking or a coincidence?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/spodermen_pls
    [link] [comments]

    IOS 11: Screenshotting stops working randomly? Anyone else?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 07:22 PM PDT

    This is the fourth time this has happened to me, it works when rebooting my phone, but it just randomly stops working for no reason. Anyone else?

    Also after editing and cropping screenshots sometimes they're blank after being sent/saved.

    submitted by /u/BammaBanana
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 11 Wifi Problems

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 01:58 PM PDT

    Since updating to iOS11 on my iphone, I'm unable to connect to my work guest network. it's unsecured but has a web browser popup that you have to input any email address to get access.

    now when I go into settings WiFi and click on the guest network, there is a check box next to it, like it connects for about 2 seconds, then disconnects. much faster than I can open Safari and do the email thing.

    any way to change this? I've looked around online and not found anything.

    and before you say it, ive hard reboot the phone already!

    submitted by /u/DoubleOh74464
    [link] [comments]

    Disabled VS Completely Disabled

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 06:24 PM PDT

    There are many misconceptions and a lot of misunderstanding about iOS 11 WIFI & Bluetooth being disabled and completely disabled so here is some information and help for everyone .. Source

    In iOS 10 with Control Center you were able to turn off (completely disable) WIFI & Bluetooth. Now with iOS 11 Control Center you cannot turn off (completely disable) WIFI & Bluetooth but disable it from connecting to nearby connections.

    WIFI

    Based on the article if you disabled WIFI from the Control Center once 1 out of 5 is met it will automatically enable WIFI -

    •You turn on Wi-Fi in Control Center.

    •You connect to a Wi-Fi network in Settings > Wi-Fi.

    •You walk or drive to a new location.

    •It's 5 AM local time.

    •You restart your device.

    Bluetooth

    Based on the article if you disabled Bluetooth from the Control Center once 1 out of 5 is met it will automatically enable Bluetooth

    •You turn on Bluetooth in Control Center.

    •You connect to a Bluetooth accessory in Settings > Bluetooth.

    •It's 5 AM local time.

    •You restart your device.

    Completely Disable

    It will require more work now to completely turn off WIFI & Bluetooth to avoid it being automatically enabled if one of the five above was mentioned. If you want to turn off (Completely disable) WIFI and/or Bluetooth

    •To turn off Wi-Fi, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and turn off Wi-Fi.

    •To turn off Bluetooth, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn off Bluetooth.

    submitted by /u/BabyMonkeyOnPig
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud: When looking at usage for iCloud, what is "profile" "Secure" and "TextInput"?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 06:04 PM PDT

    Hi, when looking at what items are using up my storage on iCloud, I found three things that I don't know what they are, though the developer is Apple Inc. What are they?

    • profile - 1.6mb
    • Secure - 1.1mb
    • TextInput - 31.7kb

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/volkswagen_
    [link] [comments]

    OSX Corrupted User Profile

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 06:02 PM PDT

    For the past year or two my 2012 Mac Mini (Running Sierra Server 10.12.6) has been running slower and slower on my normal User Profile. It has gotten so slow that I can't even open programs like Itunes or Photos or even System Preferences and Activity Monitor for 5+ minutes at a time. This is with no other programs running.

    I checked opening up those same programs on the Admin Profile and although not snappy. Is fast enough that I consider normal. The other thing is that in the normal user profile, quicklkid keeps quiting.

    I have tried disk repairs and permissions repairs from recovery mode. Currently Everything is backed up.

    So I believe the problem lies with something within the user profile. I am thinking of closing out the account and transferring the Itunes, Photos and various document files to new user.

    Before I do this does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on? Also how do I transfer those librarys and document files to a new User Profile. Also what will happen to all the applications I have installed?

    submitted by /u/catsloveart
    [link] [comments]

    SD Card Reader

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 03:55 PM PDT

    I bought an SD card reader that plugs into the USB-C of my MacBook. I know the adapter works, but my MacBook does not recognize that there is an SD cards connected.

    submitted by /u/SaudiBeer
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone screen not responsive

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 07:22 PM PDT

    Hi I dropped my phone and it landed face down and the screen has a minor crack on the screen protector but the screen stays black and is not responsive. Siri still works and when i get texts or calls the phone buzzes but the screen itself does not work at all. i tried to reset the phone and plug my phone in and nothing has worked. has this happened to anyone before and does anyone have any suggestions to fix this? I also am planning to go to the apple store asap. thanks!

    submitted by /u/easyoceanbreeze
    [link] [comments]

    Apple remote app always popping up for text input

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 07:16 PM PDT

    Since the update the Apple TV remote is always popping up for text input but all the apple TVs are off and the one I used last night I never even was on a search input where I would need to type anything.

    Anyone else experiencing this?

    I have 7+ on the new iOS.

    submitted by /u/boosha
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 11 Copy -> Double Paste?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 07:04 PM PDT

    Does text paste twice for anyone in iOS 11? I'm experiencing this on my iPad Pro 10.5" and iPhone 7 Plus.

    submitted by /u/sweng
    [link] [comments]

    Why wont Itunes work?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 06:30 PM PDT

    I keep getting an application error (0xc0000142)?

    submitted by /u/Likethisname
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Extreme with Google Wifi as extenders

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 04:07 PM PDT

    My father's house, which is rather large, needs some wifi extenders and I was doing some research and it looks like Google Wifi might make a good option. The only thing is that my dad has the Airport Extreme that he uses for backups. Would it be able to have the extreme that he can use for backups and have the Google Wifi pods as extenders for the rest of the house?

    submitted by /u/zaise_chsa
    [link] [comments]

    Terrible battery life on iOS 11!

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 01:19 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6s on iOS 11. Battery life used to be great, but now it's terrible! Will it get better in the next few days or will it stay like this unless I downgrade?

    submitted by /u/Energace
    [link] [comments]

    Can't update to iOS 11

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 09:47 PM PDT

    Tried updating from the phone (connected to a charger, on wifi) and it says 10.3.3 is the latest version. Also tried updating with iTunes, and it says the same thing.

    iPhone 6 128gb

    submitted by /u/vauvva
    [link] [comments]

    Downloading photos from iCloud to portable hard drive.

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 05:54 PM PDT

    Trying to download all photos from iCloud directly to a portable hard drive. Problem I keep running into is that iCloud will download a copy to my MacBook first then on to the portable hard drive, so it keeps making out my MacBook hard drive. Anyway to get around this? Pretty annoying.

    submitted by /u/lucidblueprints
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes file naming [track number][artist name][song title] possible?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 09:36 PM PDT

    Hi!!

    Is it possible to have iTunes file naming use the [track number][artist name][song title] convention? i.e. 1.Bruno Mars - That's What I Like.mp3

    instead of 1.That's What I Like.mp3

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/raw-power
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad Pro 12.9 in (2nd Gen) Cracked Screen Won't Boot Up

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 03:28 PM PDT

    I accidentally dropped a glass water bottle on my new ipad (hangs head in shame) while it was charging. I'm pretty sure no water was spilled on it.

    Symptoms:

    1. Big crack on screen. Yellow and blue lines appear sporadically.

    2. IPad lights up when power/home buttons are pressed but ios doesn't boot up.

    3. Holding down the power button does not turn the iPad off.

    4. Attempted hard resets. iPad does restart but still doesn't boot up.

    5. Connect to itunes. Itunes does recognize iPad, but cannot restore it because they were never synced.

    Thanks in advance for your help and support!

    submitted by /u/Linkthedog
    [link] [comments]

    Safari will not even open, please help?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 05:23 PM PDT

    So starting today and sometime yesterday during midnight my Safari hasn't been able to open. I removed extensions, I tried to reset the application using a clean my mac application and so far it hasn't worked. I've restarted the computer. It seemed to be working until it updated to Safari 11.

    I have a Mac Pro 5,1 (2010) running MacOS Sierra version 10.12.6 and nothing seems to be working.

    submitted by /u/sydisik
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple Control Center icons not working

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 02:52 PM PDT

    Hey, I just upgraded last night. A couple of the new optional control center icons aren't working. This is on a 5S.

    • Screen Recorder - tapping it triggers the 3-2-1 sequence, but then it doesn't show the red recording icon, just the regular one. Pressing it again repeats the process. Holding the icon pulls up the microphone option, but pressing "Start Recording" still does the 3-2-1 and returns to normal.

    • Apple TV Remote - When I select it, it pulls up a bubble titled "Choose an Apple TV" with a field labeled "SEARCHING..." and Apple TV buttons displayed below it. I've had both it and the apple TV on (3rd gen 2012), and it won't find it after about a minute. The TV is on 7.2.2, is it too old?

    Thanks for any help. Let me know if you need any more information.

    submitted by /u/hyperbola0
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to make it so it doesn’t show who a text is from on lock screen?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 08:36 PM PDT

    iTunes Giving Black Screen/No Audio With Purchased Movies and TV Shows

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 02:37 PM PDT

    This is on a 2016 MacBook Pro, latest version of Sierra and lates version of iTunes. I purchased an entire season of a TV show two nights ago and every episode just gives black screen, no audio, and playback does not progress. I can drag/drop the timeline scrub. It stays where I drop it but playback does not start, although transport controls show the Pause logo as if it is playing. For comparison, I tried to play a movie I had purchased years ago, when I was on Windows with iTunes, that was in my cloud library (I guess) and it does same thing. I thought I could stream content without having to take up precious hard drive space but is that not the case? Does content have to playback locally after it has been downloaded? Thanks for any help. My numerous Google searches have taken me nowhere.

    BTW Apple Music and purchased music play just fine.

    submitted by /u/mekevinb
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my iPhone 6s plus I mega slow at 10.33 and iOS 11

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 04:48 PM PDT

    There is some application or processes that are running in the background that are starving my RAM and I cannot find a way to identify what is running that is draining my ram. I almost turned off all background application, uninstalled everything I dont use , freed up 25% of my storage, turned off all the widgets and yet still starving. I am read to format and setup as a new phone. How can I find out processes are running starving my device.

    submitted by /u/flybythesun
    [link] [comments]

    Using Files for Notetaking on PPT

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 02:17 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I recently purchased an iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil and Keyboard with the intention of using it for University, after having watched the release and how ideal it seemed.

    Now with the iOs 11 release and me finally being able to test it, I'm unable to find a way to use it as I desire and wondering if anyone else can help.

    In University, almost all of my lectures come in either pdf or ppt format. I wish to keep all my notes for seminars and lectures together in the "Files" app, however I cannot find a way to be able to a) write on the ppt with my Apple Pencil while in the File app, and b) type up any notes onto the powerpoint or at the side of it.

    I've tried drawing on it in Microsoft Powerpoint app, which is great, however it does not show me the "presenter's notes" which I normally used for more detailed note-taking.

    Is anyone able to make any suggestions to me?

    Appreciate any help!

    submitted by /u/Emmurder
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel