• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 20, 2017

    iPad Is this app the missing desktop for iOS 11?

    iPad Is this app the missing desktop for iOS 11?


    Is this app the missing desktop for iOS 11?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 09:19 AM PDT

    Runing six apps with different split view windows

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 01:53 AM PDT

    Procreate 4 with Metal 2 support is out!

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 05:09 AM PDT

    [bugs] I can't believe this is the official release

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 09:31 AM PDT

    How do I get this to go away? I've deleted the beta profile and left the beta program online and rebooted.

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 12:01 PM PDT

    iOS11 and HEVC

    Posted: 19 Sep 2017 10:18 PM PDT

    Cover Sheet(Notification Centre)just lags whenever I wanna open in 11.0

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 08:44 AM PDT

    Hey guys. I'm hoping everyone is enjoying iOS 11 so far! I'm running iOS 11.0 on an iPad Air 2. I've been running GM for a week now, and since it's the same as the Public Release recently, it wouldn't really make sense to post this in r/iosBeta. The issue is that my iPad overall would be fine for a few hours, and then the Cover Sheet just goes berserk every time I wanna open it. It'll show the time disappearing from the statusbar, and then the screen just flashes black and acted as if I didn't open the Notification Centre/Cover Sheet. Dock and all multitasking features work as per normal. I thought it's just my iPad with outdated specs, but that's unlikely the issue since the multitasking part as well as the new dock is fine. Slowness is expected since my iPad is 3 years old, but crashing of the Notification Centre itself is not. I'm hoping I'm not the only one going crazy, and perhaps there are many more facing this issue?

    Also, a respring fixes it(I just switch off and on Bold Text in Settings). So yes, switching the device off and on again obviously fixes the issue, for a few hours, and then it went back to the Notification Centre laggy stage.

    submitted by /u/luqman_sha
    [link] [comments]

    How are you organizing "On My iPad" with Files?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 09:53 AM PDT

    So far, I've only been able to save files to my ipad using what appears to be three preset folders - Pages, Keynote, and Numbers. I can create folders within these three folders but I can't see if there is a way to bypass these folders entirely, i.e. create any number of folders with my own names directly to my ipad. Because of this, I'm primarily using the tags in order to organize all my stuff.

    Anybody find any tricks to use Files more efficiently or have an organization system you want to show off?

    submitted by /u/moosiu
    [link] [comments]

    Battery maxes out at 73% after iOS 11 update (iPad Pro 12.9")

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 06:43 AM PDT

    I updated to iOS 11 yesterday, left my iPad plugged in overnight. It charged up to 73%. I've tried restarting, different cables, etc. Still only charges up to 73%.

    I'm at a complete loss...

    Anyone else had something similar happen?

    UPDATE: Two or three full OFF/ON restarts cleared it up.

    submitted by /u/tay95
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro 9.7 vs iPad Pro 10.5?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 08:51 AM PDT

    The following are my use cases and requirements. I would love to hear suggestions from current users or people who have experience with the said iPads.

    *Use case: *

    Note taking using Apple Pencil, Mail, Skype, media consumption

    *Requirements: *

    *All day battery life with cellular connectivity

    *Snappiness of the OS for at least the next 3 years.

    The following are the deals that are available to me, 1. iPad Pro 9.7 with 128gb storage and cellular data for $500 (open box) 2. iPad Pro 10.5 with 64gb storage and cellular data for $660 (open box)

    Which one should I go for?

    submitted by /u/workethicsFTW
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any reason to keep the documents by readdle app now that the iPad has its own documents app, seems to me they are the same thing

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 12:24 PM PDT

    Heads up: With iOS 11 Apple Pencil firmware was updated to 02.48.00 in US at least

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 03:36 AM PDT

    Plugged in my Apple Pencil to my iPad Pro 9.7 and noticed after a while it went from 02.46.00 to 02.48.00. As is normally the case there is no indication from Apple what this enhances or fixes. This was done in the US so outside the this region YMMV.

    Happy Updating.

    submitted by /u/majorgearhead
    [link] [comments]

    I was really lost with ios11 (am a new ipad owner) but I find this apple YouTube playlist really helpful and also cute!

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 12:24 AM PDT

    Files app: show file extensions

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 05:09 AM PDT

    I really like the new Files app - makes navigating my storage much easier

    Is there any way to make the Files app show the file extensions? If I'm looking at (for example) an image file it would be nice to know whether it's the RAW or the JPG I'm seeing - sure I can infer it from the file size, but it would be better if it were explicit...

    submitted by /u/hamacting
    [link] [comments]

    How much does using the Smart Keyboard affect battery life?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 09:03 AM PDT

    I have an iPad Pro (10.5) and I always have my Smart Keyboard/cover attached to it. I know the keyboard itself is very low-power, but how much battery does it drain?

    submitted by /u/C-Ron
    [link] [comments]

    When I open a link in new tab in Safari, there is now a delay for the option box to show, can I disable this?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 07:49 AM PDT

    Its for dragging the link around, but I won't find this useful.

    submitted by /u/saltedpork117
    [link] [comments]

    Dropbox in the new Files app on iPad

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 12:53 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    So now that iOS 11 has been released, I was looking forward to try the new integration of Dropbox into the Files app. As per the Dropbox blog here, the latest version of the app in the App Store should be fully integrated with Files, i.e. the contents of Dropbox should appear exactly as the contents of iCloud drive.

    However for me that's not the case. In the Files app, the Dropbox content still appears in a floating sheet on top of the window. I've checked and I have the latest version of the app installed. I've also tried to remove and reinstall Dropbox but it's still the same.

    Any ideas on what else can I try?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ihateclowns
    [link] [comments]

    Who else is not updating to ios 11 right now ?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 12:36 PM PDT

    I for sure will not be updating my ipad pro to ios 11 till maybe summer 2018. I love how smooth my ipad pro is running, going to ios 11 really does nothing for me on my daily workflow usage.

    If it aint broke, I am certainly not gonna try to improve/fix it.

    Who else is staying strong with ios 10.x ?

    submitted by /u/Tidesterz
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody know when OneDrive - Files integration is dropping?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 02:48 AM PDT

    How are the Geekbench scores on iPad Air 2 iOS 11 compared to iOS 10.3.2?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 12:31 AM PDT

    Which iPad would be best for art/sketching/drawing?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 11:51 AM PDT

    Hi there! Total apple noob here so would like some guidance.

    I'm looking to buy a new or refurbished iPad to mainly use for illustration/digital painting on Procreate and using the apple pencil. I'll probably also be using it for movies and a couple games as well.

    I'm wondering which model I should go for. I can't figure out whether paying a little less for a refurbished one would be worth it because I can't keep up with which ones are older or don't have the capabilities I'm looking for.

    Open to all possibilities. Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/showuplate
    [link] [comments]

    CMD+Tab on smart keyboard shows apps that are not active. [iOS11]

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 02:54 AM PDT

    Show off your home screen on iOS 11!

    Posted: 19 Sep 2017 03:05 PM PDT

    I'll start with mine

    submitted by /u/ahnafm
    [link] [comments]

    Torch for ios11 control centre with iPad Pro

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 11:17 AM PDT

    Is there one for any of the iPad Pros with flashes?

    submitted by /u/wgolding
    [link] [comments]

    Will painting with acrylic paint over a polyurethane Smart Cover work?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2017 11:14 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel