• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 7, 2021

    macOS Is anyone else (somewhat) annoyed by the new MacOS notifications style which started from Big Sur?

    macOS Is anyone else (somewhat) annoyed by the new MacOS notifications style which started from Big Sur?


    Is anyone else (somewhat) annoyed by the new MacOS notifications style which started from Big Sur?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:23 AM PDT

    Is anyone else (somewhat) annoyed by the new MacOS notifications style which started from Big Sur?
    • It takes 2 clicks to dismiss a notifications, where it used to take one.
    • Close (x) is very easy to miss and click on the notification itself accidentally. Which often results unintentional application launches like calendar, facetime etc
    • That tiny close (x) only appears upon mouse hover (which is for esthetic reason, I get it), but now dismissing a notification requires more attention then before. Earlier I could dismiss one with the corner of my eyes. Not any more!

    I get it, these are small complains and probably over time I'll get used to it more. Also probably thats why no one talks about them.

    All I wanted to know, am I the only one who is bothered by these?

    https://preview.redd.it/zr5a7hanurf71.jpg?width=1320&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ecb53c3ec9be7599689e644c8b509a622580f05a

    submitted by /u/Cronus_Echo
    [link] [comments]

    I got this thing almost a year and have 80% of my stuff online. Wtf MacOs?!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 03:50 AM PDT

    Big Sur drive icon template?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 06:37 PM PDT

    In an earlier thread someone shared a PSD template for creating custom Big Sur drive icons. Does anyone have this file they could share? Can't find one elsewhere online. https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/jtxe4q/make_your_own_custom_big_sur_external_drive_icons/

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/ericleamen
    [link] [comments]

    [MacBook Pro 2017] Should I upgrade to Big Sur?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:02 PM PDT

    Currently have a MacBook Pro 13in 2017 with an Intel i5. I am running macOS Catalina right now and my laptop has been super slow/buggy as of recently. I have been debating upgrading for a while now but am worried that it'll get even slower.

    Does anyone have a similar model running Big Sur? Or someone who had a similar dilemma?

    submitted by /u/negnatz
    [link] [comments]

    Is CleanMyMac safe?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 12:15 AM PDT

    I've seen a lot of people say that CleanMyMac isn't recommended or isn't safe for macs, I've uninstalled it but now I kinda want it back since I want it to clear out the 'Others' section in storage.

    Is it safe for me to reinstall it, or is there a better application that can clear out unwanted parts in my storage system?

    submitted by /u/azy_ki
    [link] [comments]

    Customizing Apple Icons on MacBook Pro 2021

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 11:54 PM PDT

    Does anyone know how to change apple application icons specifically (not 3rd party apps)?

    I noticed under the "Get Info" option that apple icons have "Lock" greyed out. I'm not sure that's the reason why I can't change the icons for apple applications or not. But if anyone can please help out with this that would be amazing!

    submitted by /u/VEHR0W
    [link] [comments]

    intellimouse optical 1.1a question

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 11:01 PM PDT

    i've jumped into the 2020 macbook pro
    i have a question regarding my mouse
    it's the same mouse i've been using for near 15 years from Windows XP, i don't want to change
    the issue i'm having the side buttons. is there a way to customise them so that they function and go back and forth like they do in windows, or am i screwed with this?

    submitted by /u/miniandrewmini
    [link] [comments]

    Video playback lags after touchbar dims

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 06:58 PM PDT

    Sort of a weird issue I'm having. Whenever I'm watching a video, doesn't matter what website or what browser I'm using, the playback is great and there's no input lag until the computer has been sitting idle for a minute or two and the touchbar dims to black. The video will lag for about a second right when the touchbar dims but the audio keeps playing, then all is well until I move the mouse and the touchbar lights back up, and the video lags for another second or two until the on-screen playback controls show up.

    It's not really a big issue but just a QOL thing that's been bugging me, and I'm hoping doesn't hint at some bigger issue. Any thoughts? I'm on macos 11.5.1

    submitted by /u/HamMan95
    [link] [comments]

    "Play Sound on Startup" still not turning off

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:03 PM PDT

    Saw a post like this from a few months ago, but it seems like it was ignored/never solved. My new 2020 M1 MacBook Air (A2337) is working fine, but the setting in which you can disable the startup sound (found in sound settings) is not saving. I turn it off, and when I turn on my PC the next time, the sound still plays. After trying to turn it off again and then going back to the sound page to make sure it saved, it didn't save. RIP can't believe this still isn't fixed (considering I have school soon and I don't want my classmates to hear the annoying sound every period)

    submitted by /u/carrotjoos
    [link] [comments]

    SIIG DVI KVM problems under m1 mac

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 09:57 PM PDT

    So I've been using the henge stone dock on my macbook pro, got the cinema display working..but strangely usb refuses to recognize, i even connected the usb to a apple usb to thunderbolt adapter just to check to see if it was an issue..still no luck, for those curious im using a SIIG usb 3.0 DVI KVM and a manhattan usb hub

    submitted by /u/taurineblood
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Safari have so many Touch Bar related glitches smh... All my icons for favorites keep disappearing..

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:36 AM PDT

    Port Problems

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:41 PM PDT

    I have a 2018 MacBook Pro. The bottom USB-C port isn't working for some reason. This computer is only 3 years old and has barely any wear and tear. Is there a way to fix this without Apple quoting me outrageous prices to repair it? I don't want to be dealing with this along with the shitshow that Big Sur 11.5.1 just gave me.

    submitted by /u/beatlebabe2891
    [link] [comments]

    I cant use ffmpeg or avidemux on my M1 MacBook Air because the app isnt verified or something. How can I bypass this?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 04:54 PM PDT

    Im new to Macs and Jesus this is confusing. Ive downloaded them from trusted sources (their respective websites). Thanks!

    submitted by /u/v-a-g
    [link] [comments]

    Having an issue with updates ever since MacOS 11.1

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:02 PM PDT

    Downgrading from Big Sur to High Sierra

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 03:54 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm looking to use my old iMac for Target Display mode. One of the steps involved is downgrading to High Sierra, but it looks like Apple has removed older MacOS versions past Big Sur from the App Store.

    Any ideas on how to go about getting the install file? I'd much prefer to get the download from official channels.

    submitted by /u/TheVast
    [link] [comments]

    Does Time Machine backup the OS ?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 11:43 AM PDT

    So guys, I have erased my MB Air M1, currently no OS running, but I have a time machine backup, can I restore the OS from it? Cheers

    submitted by /u/No_Wall_2725
    [link] [comments]

    Monterey beta problems on M1 device.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 12:56 PM PDT

    I am using M1 macbook air with 8gb ram, I have installed the beta version of Monterey and it broke my computer :( I cannot play videos neither on safari nor chrome, however netflix works. One of my type-c ports does not work properly, and hdmi output is very glitchy. Each day I discover another problem. Everything was working fine on big sur.

    Should I wipe everything and reinstall macos big sur from scratch, or does it have at least a temporary solution?

    submitted by /u/cigulipufff
    [link] [comments]

    Storing photos? Best platform to store/organize, without using Mac photos, for easy access to post them? Looking at pcloud…

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 02:41 PM PDT

    Command + tab, migrating from windows to mac

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:39 PM PDT

    I just migrated from windows to mac and I have a very common habit of keeping my left hand positioned in the `command+tab` keys, since I used it a lot in windows while developing, to switch between IDE/Chrome/Documents, but that doesn't seem to work very well with macs, since it's app based and keeps all my opened apps in the switcher.

    My question is: what is the most common way to replicate this usage in mac ? How do you guys use to switch between windows of apps in a fast manner ? I'm mostly using a mouse and keyboard, so I don't have a trackpad.

    Thanks everyone !

    submitted by /u/drauzinho
    [link] [comments]

    "Other" Issue: macOS has 585 GB worth of "Other" undeleteable data. I have researched previous posts but cannot remedy this problem. I have performed clean installs of macOS, and this data still comes back. Deleting TimeMachine snapshots did not fix my problem either. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:26 PM PDT

    Cannot partition my hard drive.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:59 AM PDT

    Hi, just like the title says - this is how it looks in Disk Utility, and when I want to do this via Terminal, it gives me "[disk] does not appear to be a whole disk" or " You cannot manually partition an existing APFS Container disk". Is there anything I can do without formatting the whole drive?

    Forgot to mention that I'm using macOS Mojave 10.14.6

    submitted by /u/MeowMeow33
    [link] [comments]

    Inbuilt Trackpad and Keyboard Not working

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 04:53 PM PDT

    Let me explain, I have a MacBook Air 13-inch early 2015, days ago My keyboard was going Crazy, every key I pressed was doing things like "q1 W2 E3 r4 t5 y6" and all together, hours after that the keyboard stopped Working, until the other day, some keys worked and some others were doing Weird functions like " Pressing S Key = Shift", "Pressing Q Key = W key"

    Sometimes the Block Mayus key turn the light on and sometimes turns off, when it's on My external USB works fine, but when it turns off it starts to do the Weird function i explained down here:

    My inbuilt Trackpad works fine but, when I use Left Click, do the same function as the right one, and maybe do both functions just in the left click.

    Using External Mouse and keyboard Works fine, but sometimes the mouse it's kinda buggy

    Any solutions about that? (and it's a coincidence that many people that have that similar problem have a MacBook Air - MacBook Pro from 2015).

    submitted by /u/Hot_Ad_8154
    [link] [comments]

    No camera found but webcam light is on

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 12:48 PM PDT

    I recently started using a macbook 2014, running Catalina. About a month in the webcam light refused to come off but all camera ready apps say No camera found/connected. I tried all the "fixes" and nothing, though alot of reading online suggests it's an issue with new updates. Any assistance would be great.

    submitted by /u/madamemisschief
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel