• Breaking News

    Friday, August 6, 2021

    macOS 4th set of apple logo wallpapers

    macOS 4th set of apple logo wallpapers


    4th set of apple logo wallpapers

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:56 AM PDT

    How do I make notifications disappear after say 10 seconds?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 07:29 PM PDT

    TIL Using the Keystroke Shortcut – Shift+Command+Forward Slash ( button below Delete ) opens Tab View in Finder

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 02:33 PM PDT

    Does anyone else hate how the volume and brightness box thingy cover your screen?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 01:13 AM PDT

    I'm talking about the box that comes up whenever you change the volume/brightness/backlight. There is no reason for it to be so big. Why can it be like the one in iPhones and iPads?

    Does anyone know about some tool or software or something to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Wardog221
    [link] [comments]

    Display Brightness Control Greyed out On Control centre? (Big Sur 11.4)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 07:24 AM PDT

    3rd post of apple logo wallpapers

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    Internet recovery error 1008F cannot be fixed by disabling find my mac as apple says on their support page

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 01:38 AM PDT

    I've been using MacBook Pro 2019(15inches) on Mojave. It won't boot up and it seems the disk is broken and I want to rescue the data.

    It suddenly crashed and immediately rebooted on its own and I saw the folder icon with '?' in it.

    As apple support says, I tried 'Reset NVRAM.' with no luck.

    I tried target disk mode from another mac(MacBook pro 2018), and tried to use iboysoft but it looks like the data is protected by T2 chip.

    I also tried 'option + command + R' booting to use the terminal app to run iboysoft from terminal, but according to their link, I need to do 'option + command + shift + R'.

    No matter how many times I tried the option, it just gave me '1008F' error.

    As apple support says, I disconnected the mac from my icloud account from icloud on another mac. It has been more than 24 hours, but still gives me '1008F' error.

    Does anyone know what to do to save my data or solve the 1008F error?

    submitted by /u/Ricky198
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with dialing calls from macOS

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 01:12 AM PDT

    Welcome. After 2 years of break, I wanted to return to the Apple ecosystem using Windows devices during this time. Unfortunately, it turned out that the bug that made me quit macOS still hasn't been fixed. I contacted Apple about this, but unfortunately I was informed that the problem is known to them, but at the moment they are not aware of any potential fixes.

    During the day, I dial a lot of numbers using macOS via iPhone (cellular network). Unfortunately, when dialing several numbers in a row, the information about disconnecting the call is not transferred to the iPhone, which means that when trying to dial the next number, the previous one is suspended on the iPhone, and the message "call failed" pops up on macOS. Sometimes during the call I also get the message "call failed" and the call is still being kept by the iPhone (I have to switch the sound source to the iPhone, then I can continue the conversation).

    Have any of you ever had a similar problem?

    submitted by /u/pzkch
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to make MBP touchbar never go to sleep?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 12:30 AM PDT

    I just hope that in the near future Apple remove this expensive useless toy and go back to practical buttons that we do not need to touch that useless bar twice everytime we need to use it.

    submitted by /u/tex_bates
    [link] [comments]

    Is using grayscale safe for the daily use of my laptop?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 12:30 AM PDT

    I heard that grayscale can provide a benefit or two for your eyes (even your productivity), though I'm not really sure whether using grayscale for a whole day straight is truly safe for my eyes. I have found several topics mentioning that using grayscale is beneficial to the eyes, but is it safe for someone like me who uses laptop for like 12 hours straight?

    https://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/Rest_for_Weary_Eyes_Switching_Your_Display_to_Grayscale

    https://observer.com/2018/05/grayscale-can-cure-smartphone-addiction/

    submitted by /u/BasinWithNoEdge
    [link] [comments]

    Maps using location services when not using Maps

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 06:18 PM PDT

    Ive noticed pretty much every time I use my m1 mini that the location services icon will pop up in the menu bar. When clicked it says Maps is using my location. Strange because I don't keep Maps open, in fact I rarely use it.
    Anybody else notice this?

    submitted by /u/hvmlock
    [link] [comments]

    for anime fans, relatable isn't it?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 12:07 AM PDT

    Jump Desktop performance = WOW

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 02:20 PM PDT

    Not sure if I'm the only one, but recently tried out NoMachine, AnyDesk, Splashtop, Teamviewer, RDP, VNC, and Jump Desktop (Fluid) and was shocked how performant Fluid was! This is practically at Teradici level. Did anyone else come to the same conclusion? How is this possible?! Is this possible only from certain geographic locations?

    OT: Jump Desktop Connect (agent) is able to have multiple accounts logged in, but is it possible for the viewer application to have multiple signed in accounts to manage computers?

    submitted by /u/ionet
    [link] [comments]

    Best USB Hub for a 2017 MacBook Air? I can’t find any really good ones on Amazon since most of them only work on newer gens?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 05:48 PM PDT

    I couldn't find any good ones on Amazon except for this [one](LENTION 3 USB Ports Hub with RJ45 LAN Adapter Laptop Ethernet Dock Network Extender Compatible MacBook Air/Pro (Previous Generation), Chromebook, Windows Laptop, More (White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013WP94RO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_2YVR1J7V3JD9C8T44ZW5)

    submitted by /u/SvG_Pheonix
    [link] [comments]

    Some last logo wallpapers I had

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 11:00 AM PDT

    My Bluetooth on/off switch is greyed out. Can anyone help?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:31 PM PDT

    Stuck while downloading Big Sur. What do I do?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 09:22 AM PDT

    Big Sur Update - stuck during installation

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 03:00 PM PDT

    I've just tried to install the latest Sur release and it's stuck on the black installation screen.

    The bar is stuck about half way and hasn't budged in about an hour. I've tried turning it off by holding the power button and putting it back on and it just jumps to the same spot and stays there.

    Using a MacBook Pro M1.

    This is super annoying and preventing me from doing work - how do I get out of this?

    submitted by /u/imnos
    [link] [comments]

    Some pog apple logo wallpapers!

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:41 AM PDT

    2nd post of apple logo wallpapers

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:46 AM PDT

    App Store issue on El Capitan

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 01:23 PM PDT

    App Store issue on El Capitan

    I can't seem to see the purchased tab anymore. Keeps loading blank.

    If anyone else is on El Cap still would you mind seeing if it is working for you to help me rule out Apple removing it! :)

    Thanks

    https://preview.redd.it/7jr7bntzllf71.png?width=1112&format=png&auto=webp&s=09657d0fa162e4c4ef6f1411edf2141750d89c3a

    submitted by /u/jamesroseuk
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts about mac OS Sierra in 2021?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 03:07 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I'm a happy user of a MacBook Pro (13 inch, early 2015) and never had a lot of issues (excluding the faulty Catalina update - that Apple itself pulled out - back in the day), but recently I started to consider downgrading from Big Sur to a lower version since the performance of my Mac is not the same as it used to be (it gets slow using few apps at the same time, gets considerably warm and battery doesn't last that much).

    I have to mention, each time I upgraded to a new OS I did a clean install from a bootable USB, but lately the idea of using Sierra, High Sierra or maybe Mojave to gain back that snappy feeling crosses my mind.

    Most software I use is compatible way back to Sierra, but I would like to hear your input about the topic. Maybe I'm missing more cons than pros here.

    Thank you!

    Edit: In few months macOS Monterey will be released, IIRC my model can be updated but won't received all the features, that also weights my decision to either downgrade or stay in Big Sur (but with this last option, also carrying the issues I have right now).

    submitted by /u/KiritoRiv
    [link] [comments]

    How to sleep my Mac from lock screen without having to enter password and log in?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 05:29 PM PDT

    I frequently lock my Mac's screen to protect privacy while still being able to listen to podcasts. But sometimes I go back to my desk and just want to sleep the Mac directly without having to enter password and log in and then sleep. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/nilstrieu
    [link] [comments]

    Finder Search Missing Boolean Folder Names

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    While typing up this post, which was supposed to be a requeset for help, I figured out what's happening and thought I should let the community know anyway.

    Over the last few days, I'd come to notice that when I search (Finder > File > Find) for a folder in iCloud drive, neither the folder itself nor its contents appears in the search results. However, if I enclose the folder name in quotation marks, it did.

    On further, more detailed testing, I discovered that the folder did appear in search results until after I completed typing the second word of the folder name. That word? "And."

    Originally, I thought this affected iCloud Drive search results, since that's where the folder was located. Now it looks like it's related to how Finder parses searches.

    So if you're looking for a folder you can't find, consider whether it has Boolean operators in its name; you may need a pair of quotes.

    submitted by /u/ajblue98
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel