• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 25, 2021

    Apple TV Select Hulu originals can now be streamed in HDR Dolby Vision on Apple TV

    Apple TV Select Hulu originals can now be streamed in HDR Dolby Vision on Apple TV


    Select Hulu originals can now be streamed in HDR Dolby Vision on Apple TV

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 06:22 AM PDT

    Questions about purchasing movies

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 11:44 PM PDT

    Hello, so I'm new here, and to Apple, and was wondering if I could get some help/advice.

    1) when buying a movie, does it download or does it stream?

    2) when I get my MacBook, can I connect a hard drive and download my movies there?

    3) when you have all your movies on a hard drive, can you "stream" them to the Apple TV? (Asking in case a movie is later removed from the iTunes but I still have it downloaded).

    4) how would you describe the quality of 4K films? Do they compare to the black box retail 4K blu rays, the regular blue box retail blu rays, better, worse, etc?

    5) any other advice would be greatly appreciated. So excited about joining this ecosystem, and for going digital for my films.

    submitted by /u/KYLETHORPAYNE1611
    [link] [comments]

    SEE — Season 2 First Look. New season starts Friday!

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 06:43 PM PDT

    Best Apple4KTV 2021 settings?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 01:54 PM PDT

    Hello anyone know which format to use. I remember seeing a video on youtube that was two years old. Should we still use the same settings "4K SDR" ? Chroma "4:4:4"? For this new 2021. I have a 4K HDR Samsung TV. Thanks

    submitted by /u/xBoned360
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4 light is blinking repeatedly without stopping, won’t turn on

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 06:57 PM PDT

    I tried the tip I've seen around here saying to hold the menu and home buttons down. When I do that, the blinking intensifies and when I let go it stops, then starts the original blinking again. I have no idea what happened, it was working fine without issue until now. Help!!!

    submitted by /u/nemo987
    [link] [comments]

    Screen goes purple when the “match” (dynamic range, frame rate) options are set to yes

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 02:50 PM PDT

    Echo between TV / 2 Homepod Minis after a while, audio is synchronized with the iPhone, still reappear after a while.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 06:29 PM PDT

    So I have a Sony X950H, an Apple TV 4K 2nd gen. and 2 Homepod Minis. I keep synchronizing the audio with my iPhone SE 2, but after a while, around 45 mins, I get echo. For the moment, I can only say that it happens in Prime since the only thing I watched at the moment was The Mentalist on Prime, streamed nothing else.

    Any ideas / tips ?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Aldem83
    [link] [comments]

    Can you teach/re-program the Siri button on the new SIRI remote?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 10:52 AM PDT

    I read here somewhere on Reddit that is was possible with the new remote to use the "learn a new device" function to re-program for example the mute button to be used for other functions, things like learning it to open the TVs source list, to switch hdmi-ports. Instead of using it as a mute button.

    But I was wondering if it would be possible for example to instead teach the Siri button on the side, to be used for open the TVs source list? Because I rarely use the Siri button to be honest, so for me it would be more logical to re-program the Siri button to be used to open the TVs source list, instead of the mute button. As the mute button actually is a button I use from time to time, and would prefer not to have to sacrifice that button, and would rather use another button like the Siri button.

    Do you know if its possible somehow?

    submitted by /u/laurentiuz-the-hobo
    [link] [comments]

    Audio Out of Sync

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 04:14 PM PDT

    Whenever I play HDR content, I've noticed that the audio always lags behind and is out of sync with the content. I've tried toggling match frame rate on/off, and I've run wireless audio sync for a ton of different formats to try and fix it but have made no progress. Whenever I play SDR content it's synced normally, but HDR is always behind. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this could be happening or suggestions on things to try? Thanks in advance.

    Edit: the audio is being played through a soundbar connected to the tv.

    submitted by /u/RootBeerBloat
    [link] [comments]

    Best media player for apple tv?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 03:16 PM PDT

    I have an apple tv 4k 2021 with homepod stereos for Dolby Atmos sound.

    I also have a Synology ds218 running Plex server with plexpass lifetime subscription.

    I am looking for Plex client alternative on apple tv. The Plex app struggles with some older codecs like wmv and some audio transcoding issues as well on newer 4k codecs.

    Also, I love using trakt and Plex doesn't always play nice with it.

    I will still use Plex server for cross platform compatibility but I need a different client for apple tv and mac.

    I've been using infuse for about 2 months. I've been happy with it but it seems a bit expensive.

    Anyone used MrMC? It's more affordable and I don't have to pay monthly subscription for ever.

    Any idea if it has trakt integration and how it handles codecs that the official Plex client struggles with like wmv, high end 4k files, etc.? Can it play dvd ISO/VOB files?

    I don't care for or need cloud streaming.

    Should I buy MrMC or get an annual/lifetime infuse pro subscription with my current plexpass lifetime subscription?

    submitted by /u/eye178
    [link] [comments]

    Can't Control ATV with AW

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 03:05 PM PDT

    I don't know if it is because of ATV OS beta or because Apple get rid of iOS Remote app, but I can't connect anymore to my ATV 4K.

    AW sees the ATV on the watch but when I click on it, AW says that I need to check my connection. No issue with my iPhone thought.

    submitted by /u/CantGet-Enough
    [link] [comments]

    Can you build a local video (Mac mini) library that streams to all apple devices similar to Plex

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 02:44 PM PDT

    All my devices are apple so why use Plex?

    submitted by /u/Lacedup18
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV App on Mac - Loval Media Files

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 09:15 AM PDT

    Been using PLEX forever but wanted to see what I could do with Apple TV app on Mac.

    Using 4k Apple TV attached to the tv.

    1080P and 4K movies ripped on my iMac show up as Home Movies on the Apple TV app when imported. I also have a ton of real home movies, so I would like to see the separate. The only movies that show under movies are online stream purchases. Is there a way to fix this organization or should I just stay with Plex?

    submitted by /u/terryeaves
    [link] [comments]

    [UK] Could this be SKY Q Apple TV app we have been waiting for?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 04:07 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel