• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 7, 2021

    Apple TV Loving these stickers from the Apple Store! Makes a change from the usual Apple logo.

    Apple TV Loving these stickers from the Apple Store! Makes a change from the usual Apple logo.


    Loving these stickers from the Apple Store! Makes a change from the usual Apple logo.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 12:09 PM PDT

    Wondering what sensor the new remote is using here, since it doesn’t have a gyroscope. Does anyone know?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:30 PM PDT

    Starlink internet/ExpressVPN

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:58 AM PDT

    Anyone know how to use ExpressVPN with Starlink to watch material on apps not available in the US?

    submitted by /u/Bmcmullen87
    [link] [comments]

    My weird USB capture card experiment turned into my daily driver: using the Apple TV in a Windows window

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 03:58 AM PDT

    There's a lot of background for this, but here's a gist: my Apple TV 4k hasn't been used in a while because it's connected to the same TV as a desktop computer that does just about the same thing. Since I have multiple monitors, being able to slap the playback window on the secondary one for "background noise" media was the primary reason the ATV lost the fight for my attention. While playing around with SMB on a Raspberry Pi on my iPad I ended up falling in love with Infuse (video playback app), which fixes a lot of what I've started hating about Plex, such as the bloated nature of everything that isn't just media playback.

    Since my desktop PC runs Windows, I didn't think I could actually switch over (no Infuse for Windows), but for the fun of it I plugged my Apple TV into my Elgato Camlink USB capture card. The Camlink uses the UVC protocol, which means practically no latency and directly compatible with anything that supports USB webcams. VLC media player will happily display the Camlink's signal just by selecting to open capture device (the 300ms default latency can be manually set to 0 in VLC to help with remote control use).

    I was expecting this to be as useless and dumb as it sounds (using an Apple TV in VLC on Windows, come on), but to my surprise, it just works. My old Camlink 1 doesn't support 4k, but my secondary monitor is 1080p anyways. I've now gone through a couple of seasons of "random background stuff" using this method and it "just works". I wouldn't want die-hard video quality professionals going over this with a magnifying glass to see all the ways it ends up costing you something, but that's also not the intended use.

    submitted by /u/Canatee
    [link] [comments]

    Why does it always crash?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    Help my AppleTV4k remote is changing the tv volume via IR randomly

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 09:02 PM PDT

    At first it was turning the TV down which was annoying now it's turning the TV up which is worse. Somehow the remote is sending IR signals to my TCL tv on its own when it's just sitting on the couch without pressing any buttons. Is there any way to reset the 4K remote?

    submitted by /u/BeKindToEachOther6
    [link] [comments]

    Slow downloading/streaming

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:25 PM PDT

    I subscribe to several streaming services and Apple TV is consistently the slowest. Netflix, Disney+ and Prime all stream and download much faster. Any explanations?

    submitted by /u/LeakiestWink
    [link] [comments]

    Disney +

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:00 PM PDT

    I got my mom a new Apple TV and got her Disney plus app….every time she opens it it asks for a 4 digit passcode …any way to turn that off? I don't have one so can't help her but nothing in settings is standing out?

    submitted by /u/SSflake
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV+ hitching and freezing while watching in browser?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:34 PM PDT

    Been watching some shows on apple tv in browser, and every few minutes the audio will skip and hitch very significantly. I've cleared the cache, restarted the computer, etc. I have a PC and not a Mac so that's why I'm watching in browser. Any fixes to this?

    submitted by /u/emiloudly
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else’s Apple TV get stuck on an episode you’ve already watched?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:23 PM PDT

    I keep having this issue in the menu for what is playing. Ted Lasso has been stuck on "Season 1 Episode 7" in my "Up Next" menu. I can't figure out how to fix it. I've watched every episode, but it only shows that I have watched to episode 7. It's not a huge deal, but it is annoying, and I was wondering if anyone had the same issue or had a fix for it? Restarting it and closing all the apps does not fix it. Rewatching Episode 7 doesn't fix it either.

    submitted by /u/FinallyAnonymous24
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV keeps flashing to black

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 03:25 PM PDT

    Anywhere between "every few seconds" and "every few minutes" my picture turns black for 1-3 seconds and then comes back. Audio never stops on the HomePod. Is anyone else recently seeing the same? It's the latest model 4K.

    I reset it to factory settings and it didn't occur again until I launched the Hulu app. It immediately began there, before login even. Worked the whole day on YouTube without issue. Once it starts, it happens in and outside of the Hulu app.

    I swapped HDMI cables and inputs. All settings remained as they are without change and only began this yesterday. No automatic range or frame rate enabled (tried enabling them, no change). Latest release firmware, no beta. Chroma set to 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 make no difference.

    Xbox doesn't replicate, built in apps on the Samsung TV work fine. It only happens with the Apple TV. I reset the TV to factory settings anyway, no change.

    Contacting Apple is on the table but on the off chance that others are recently experiencing the same, it would be nice to compare notes.

    submitted by /u/Repulsive-Table6788
    [link] [comments]

    Can we all just be honest for a second and admit that Apple royally bailed on the placement of the Play/Pause button on the new remote?!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 12:01 AM PDT

    Admit it… You ALWAYS hit Mute instead of Pause/Play and it's the most annoying thing ever ever ever.

    submitted by /u/Thefoggydude
    [link] [comments]

    Changing volume slow

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 09:55 AM PDT

    Hi all, I love the new Apple TV 4K, the only issue I'm having is that changing the volume with the remote is incredibly slow when I'm using our soundbar. The soundbar doesn't have ARC, so it's just connected via an optical cable. However, any other remote will work faster and more reliably, and I have no idea what the issue could be. Anybody a suggestion?

    submitted by /u/1981-yoshi
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to add another account and beyond frustrated

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 06:33 PM PDT

    I was given an Apple TV+ 6 month trial because I have a PS5 and as much as I'd like to continue a paid subscription once my trial is over it doesn't look like I'll be able to.

    The issue seems to stem from Apple's complete lack of even basic Android integration. There is no way for me to setup family sharing so that the other person in my home has access on their account, where their shows, watch list, resume points and all data are kept separate from my own. You know, extremely basic features available in every other streaming platform, including YouTube TV. Because apparently I have to have an Apple device just to setup family share. Not that it matters, because I can't even get the activation code sent for the Apple ID registration for this other person. Overall very frustrated.

    It sucks, because overall I like the service. The original shows are pretty good, at least the two I've started watching are (Ted Lasso and The Morning Show). But the inability to setup another account is a deal breaker for me. It's also worth noting that there isn't even an Apple TV app available for my phone (I guess the latest version of Android and an S21+ aren't a large enough market for Apple to care? /s

    submitted by /u/8InTheBalance8
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel