• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 8, 2021

    Apple TV Disney+ not showing DolbyVision - swear it used to…

    Apple TV Disney+ not showing DolbyVision - swear it used to…


    Disney+ not showing DolbyVision - swear it used to…

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:26 PM PDT

    Titles in Disney+ that I know are in DolbyVision now show HDR10 in the description. Tried two different tv 4K boxes, (gen 1 and 2) one on tvOS 14.7, the other on the latest beta of 15. tv settings are all correct. tv+ app shows DV for titles that have it. Native TV Disney+ app shows DV. Is this a Disney+ app thing on the tv? LG C1 OLED w/ Sonos ARC.

    submitted by /u/CanadianBurger
    [link] [comments]

    Easy way to search bundles/collection sales on ATV?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 11:41 PM PDT

    Is there a section or category that makes it easy to see bundles or collections available?

    submitted by /u/DaleDenton99
    [link] [comments]

    Episodes on Apple TV+ are never automatically marked as played.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 09:59 AM PDT

    Doesn't matter if I'm watching on my Apple TV, iPhone, or iPad…an episode of any show I've ever watched has never marked itself as played.

    I've tried watching all throughout the credits. It just never works, and I have to always manually mark an episode as played in order for "Up Next" to work properly.

    I've also noticed that sometimes when I manually mark an episode as played, that it doesn't sync up to my other devices. Definitely all on the same Apple ID.

    Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/nomatterhowitends
    [link] [comments]

    New Apple TV 4khdr issues with Bravia picture mode

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 07:32 PM PDT

    I just upgraded today from an old Roku. I have a Sony KDL60R510A, and use a custom picture mode. The Apple TV is run through a denon receiver into the TVs hdmi 1.

    When using the Apple TV, after playing any video source for a few minutes, the tv switches picture mode from Custom to Vivid. This has never happened with any other source through the receiver or direct hdmi.

    I can't find any settings on the tv that would make it switch modes, any ideas? I've tried both hdr and as I really like the Apple TV interface and works well with our other Apple products but it's kind of unusable at the moment if we have to keep manually switching modes every few minutes.

    submitted by /u/Ghurnijao
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV 4K (2021)

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 07:56 PM PDT

    We recently purchased a new AT4K and set it up and began watching movies on Disney+ and continued to experience a very brief audio loss/cutting out issue every 15-20 minutes. The sound would cut out for maybe 1 second at most and instantly comeback, so not horrible, but still very annoying as it is brand new. I can get the information on the TV and other equipment if that is necessary. I just know it is a Samsung 4K TV and we also have a Sonos sound bar. Does anyone know of a fix to this problem or should I try exchanging it for a new one?

    submitted by /u/ryanmax203
    [link] [comments]

    Highest Audio/Video quality info when movie is on another platform

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 11:38 PM PDT

    Why is there no way to see the highest quality available if the movie is on another platform in lower quality? As an example, If I search "The New Mutants" via ATV it shows hbo max as the play option (since I'm subbed), but it's only HD on hbo max, so that's the quality I see.

    Now of course you can buy/rent it from apple, but when I do that there is no way to tell if it's in HD or 4K (or HDR / DV / DA). There is no way to tell aside from manually going into the iTunes app and looking it up. And this title is actually in 4K DV/DA if you buy or rent from apple. Am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/DaleDenton99
    [link] [comments]

    Can I set the download quality?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 07:44 PM PDT

    I'm thinking of picking up the new Apple TV 4K. My question is, can I dictate what resolution/quality it streams and downloads? I live in rural Alberta, limited data right now. Streaming 4K constantly will put me over limit. Can I force it to stick to 1080? I'm using my TV right now but I can't change the resolution and it always streams 4K. So we don't watch too much right now.

    Please help me!

    submitted by /u/CRaezter
    [link] [comments]

    TVOS15: No HDR in Prime Video

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    Is this an apple issue or an amazon issue? Anyone find a workaround?

    2021 ATV 4k

    submitted by /u/majinv3g3ta
    [link] [comments]

    Can the new Apple TV4K 2021 be placed in a tv cabinet or does the Apple TV need to have line of sight to work?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:21 AM PDT

    I can't get a straight answer for this anywhere, we have a Samsung Frame which has a seperate box with all the connections and it's under the tv in a closed cabinet… basically it'd be behind closed doors.

    submitted by /u/Kolvenbach_33
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV, no remote…

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:33 PM PDT

    I brought my Apple TV with me on a trip but didn't bring the remote. Issue is connecting it to WiFi. I've seen a few options and the most viable solution is tapping my phone to the Apple TV, but I can't get that to work and I'm having trouble finding specific steps on it. iPhone is a 12 mini with current iOS and the Apple TV is the most recent previous model (I think).

    Also, can screen mirror, so I know they can talk to each other.

    submitted by /u/mr_oberts
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K HomePod support

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 01:36 PM PDT

    So I have one HomePod that is linked to my Apple TV 4K (gen 1) and I was wondering if I could link an addition HomePod mini or maybe even two HomePod minis.

    tldr: can I link a HomePod AND a HomePod mini at the same time to my Apple TV 4K?

    submitted by /u/KingofRoam
    [link] [comments]

    My shows never save where I left off watching them.. it always starts me at the beginning of the episode! So frustrating.. anyone else experiencing this? I have a Samsung smart tv

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    Any thoughts on the remote not connecting to ATV HD?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 05:33 AM PDT

    I've tried the menu+vol up method and didn't work.

    1. I've tried connecting the ATV HD remote to my other ATV 4k and it connected.
    2. Attempted to connect the ATV 4k remote to ATV HD and failed. This means the remote is not the issue.

    3. Turned the ATV HD off by pulling the power plug as well as using the remote buttons menu+tv icon button to force restart, and both methods didn't work.

    Then the only conclusion is that the ATV HD unit might be the issue. One weird thing is, I was able to force restart the ATV HD with the remote and turn on the ATV HD as well. BTW, the remote battery was charged overnight.

    Are there any other troubleshooting methods I haven't tried?

    submitted by /u/Iaintgoingthere
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel