• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 5, 2021

    Apple Macbook When you order a MacBook Pro on Apple's website and they deliver the accessories first.

    Apple Macbook When you order a MacBook Pro on Apple's website and they deliver the accessories first.


    When you order a MacBook Pro on Apple's website and they deliver the accessories first.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    M1 MacBook Air not charging over 80%

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:57 PM PDT

    I keep my MacBook Air plugged in almost all of the time. For some reason it does not seem to be charging over 80%. Anyone know why this is?

    submitted by /u/Syonoq
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get a MacBook now or wait till they release the next one for price drop? Thoughts?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 09:31 PM PDT

    Macbook 16: Disable "wake" on plugging in the power cable?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 08:52 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Thanks for the great discussions on this subreddit. Helped a lot. I have a Macbook 16 which - unfortunately - wakes up whenever the charging cable is inserted. That is, say I have put the Macbook on sleep, but I then plug in the power cable for charging, it wakes up the Macbook. How do I disable this? This doesn't suit my workflow. Am running the latest version of Big Sur.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/CharmingTranslator
    [link] [comments]

    Is this an order for a battery replacement?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 08:06 PM PDT

    Trying not to get hopes up - went into the Apple Store today and they agreed to fix a macbook that had gone in for a keyboard repair but come out with other things wrong with it, including a dent in the screen, a chip off the paint off the top, and a depleted battery.

    In store, they said they would run diagnostics before setting any expectations -

    I then received this email a few hours later, saying they were servicing with A display Assembly, hardware rep are level 1 (S1490LL/A) and software repair level one (S149LL/A)… any idea what this means?

    submitted by /u/iBookerly
    [link] [comments]

    Someone please help me out. I've just wiped my Mac and am in recovery mode. Everytime I try to install macOS big Sur it comes up with this error message after downloading for a while. What do I do?? �� YES I HAVE TRIED GOOGLING THIS AND STILL CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT ❤️

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 01:34 AM PDT

    MBP 2015 model overheating under trackpad, safety issue?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 06:16 PM PDT

    From my understanding there was a battery recall affecting some 2015-17 MBP's. I checked my serial number and it is not affected. However, given that the battery is located under the trackpad and that is where the heat is coming from, is that a cause for concern?

    submitted by /u/Usualreference22
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a new MacBook air

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 05:52 PM PDT

    Should I get the current MacBook air or wait for the next release?

    submitted by /u/DJRademacher06
    [link] [comments]

    Got my first ever mac! The MacBook air m1 in rose gold! Any tips and tricks for a new Mac user coming from decades of windows experience?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 08:13 PM PDT

    I would like some help/advice with a new SSD (please)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 04:01 PM PDT

    Yesterday I got an Aura x2 2TB kit for my Early 2015 MBP (12,1 13", 3.1 Ghz). I installed the drive, and... nothing. I thought that when I installed High Sierra, it would have upgraded the EFI firmware o recognize the new drive. Being new to this process, have a few questions:

    1. Can I just download the firmware patch? (so far, I haven't' found it anywhere)

    2. If not, will upgrading the OS include the upgrade?

    3. If I put my old drive (128GB) in the Envoy enclosure and "restore" the OS to the new drive, will it allocate the extra space to the correct partition?

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/saysweirdshitabouMMA
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Question Regarding a Sticking Key

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 03:12 PM PDT

    Hi all, my left-arrow key has been sticking recently and not clicking properly. My Macbook is relatively new and none of the other keys have this issue. Is there any easy way to remedy this? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Jofe7
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless Mouse

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 01:07 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! I'm looking for a good wireless mouse to go with MacBook Pro (2017 i think, USB-C ports only.) The main use is going to be for video editing and photoshop so if you guys have any suggestions, please let me know!!

    Budget: Don't want to compromise on quality as much but the cheaper the better obviously.

    Thanks in advance..

    submitted by /u/wasayrkhan
    [link] [comments]

    I really need help recovering a word doc

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 11:58 AM PDT

    Hey there, I am in a slight pickle, I haven't used Mac before and recently bought a MacBook Air. My school supplied me with a MS Word account so I wanted to use this for my translation work, I have previously used google docs which auto saved so I forgot to save my document.

    I was able to retrieve some of my docs on my windows laptop before but I can't get it right this time, there also isn't a "file" tab on my word app.

    Could someone please help me, I can't find my file in autorecovery either (I might've done it the wrong way) I am way to young to have these issues tbh

    submitted by /u/Nyota777
    [link] [comments]

    Excuse me. When is the new Macbook Air coming out?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 07:21 PM PDT

    Couldn't find any concrete information online, so maybe one of you fellas knows?

    submitted by /u/VladdyGuerreroJr
    [link] [comments]

    Trade-in MacBook Program-Butterfly Keyboard Issue

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 07:27 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    My MacBook Pro 13" 2018 model has recently began to have the dreaded keyboard issues. I have been dealing for a while, but I am debating on if it would be worth it to try and trade this in. If I wanted to use Apple's trade in program, would they reject my model if it currently has this issue? Would I have to send it in for the repair program first and then trade in? Wondering if this would decrease the value of my trade-in.

    Thanks for any insight!

    submitted by /u/AnonIsGirl
    [link] [comments]

    Trade-in MacBook Program-Butterfly Keyboard Issue

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 07:27 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    My MacBook Pro 13" 2018 model has recently began to have the dreaded keyboard issues. I have been dealing for a while, but I am debating on if it would be worth it to try and trade this in. If I wanted to use Apple's trade in program, would they reject my model if it currently has this issue? Would I have to send it in for the repair program first and then trade in? Wondering if this would decrease the value of my trade-in.

    Thanks for any insight!

    submitted by /u/AnonIsGirl
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air M1 (Updates)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:12 AM PDT

    So I have the MBA M1, and the MacBook Pro Mid 2012 on the original OSX 10.7.3 version which still runs like new and is still snappy to this day.

    My question for you guys, is can I leave my M1 Air on Big Sur 11.3.1 for the next 10 years . 90% of my M1 use is watching films, reddit and microsoft office.

    I tend to leave my devices on the original OS they ship with as they still work fast my IPhone SE2 has been left on 13.5 for a while and it's the perfect phone.

    My M1 Air is lighting fast and would hate to see a potential future update compromise it's speed.

    Thoughts ?

    submitted by /u/MBAM1
    [link] [comments]

    Incredibly confused about the Macbook Air and USB Hubs

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 09:43 AM PDT

    I was trying to figure out which USB hub to buy for my Macbook Air but I'm reading conflicting things. Is the MBA able to output 60Hz to an external monitor over HDMI? DP? Both? Neither? And why does almost every single hub, even ones by Anker that are recommended here, seemingly only do 30Hz?

    Then I found two that claim to do 60Hz over HDMI, but in the first one there's people in the reviews claiming that the info is wrong and it doesn't actually do 60Hz?? And in this second one there's only a single person talking about the 60Hz and he claims it does work with the Air M1, however there's also a 1 star review saying that it's not compatible with the Air M1 - I don't know who to believe anymore!

    Can someone shed some light on the matter please? My monitor is a Acer XB241H with a 1.2 DisplayPort and a 1.4 HDMI port. The DP is taken by my main PC so I'd prefer to use HDMI if at possible at >30Hz.

    submitted by /u/dickewand
    [link] [comments]

    Help: ISO correct Magsafe charger

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 09:40 AM PDT

    Hi reddit! :)

    Several attempts on google and even a phone call with Apple support led me here. I think it is no big deal and wonder why even Apple couldn't help me - but maybe you can bring some light into this case..

    Long story short: I'd like to know the correct charger for my Macbook Pro (the one it originally came with).

    About my Macbook: Macbook Pro 15" - Mid 2012 2,6 GHz, 8 GB Model No: A1286

    So since i bought the Macbook new back in 2012 i lived with several other Macbook owners. Now my Magsafe died again (the usual broken cable..) and i was wondering if i even have been using the correct Magsafe during the last few years - or if we might have mixed them up. Sadly the original package and manual is long gone since i bought it almost 10 years ago - so i can't look it up. And Apple support also couldn't tell me.. or didn't like to tell me?

    About 3 years ago, i already sent the charger in for repair. Now it broke again and i want buy a new one - or repair it again. But have i been using the right Magsafe charger at all or is it maybe the one from my sister's Macbook?

    Can you please tell me which Magsafe model is the correct one? A1343 (85W) A1344 (60W) or even another one?

    Thank you in advance! :)

    submitted by /u/Busf4hrer
    [link] [comments]

    is $36 worth it?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 09:30 AM PDT

    Hey All,

    I am shopping Macbooks w/ M1 chips and since I plan to do VM work within it, decided it was best to get the 16GB model. My situation is due to my lack of knowledge of Apple devices, this would be my first apple laptop to learn apple on... I'm torn between the different models if one is worth getting over the other...

    1) 13.3-inch MacBook Air Apple M1 Chip with 8‑Core CPU and 8‑Core GPU, 16GB, 512GB $1216

    2) 13.3-inch MacBook Pro Apple M1 Chip with 8‑Core CPU and 8‑Core GPU, 16GB, 256GB $1252

    submitted by /u/Storxusmc
    [link] [comments]

    Best display protection for MacBook Air 2020 M1

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 08:54 AM PDT

    I am about to buy one what would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/Pyaxo
    [link] [comments]

    Are folks able to 4K Mirror/ Extend Display via Airplay 2 (to their supported big TV)? (Apple Ref List linked: LG, Samsung, Sony, Vizio, Roku TVs)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 08:35 AM PDT

    MacBook Pro 2015 15 can't recognize external monitor

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 03:09 AM PDT

    I tried many times to connect my external monitor with my MacBook via HDMI but it didn't recognize to at all.

    Do I need a specific cable to work on an external monitor? if yes, what kind of cables, please?

    submitted by /u/D1ZAS73R
    [link] [comments]

    MBA 16GB or MBP 8GB? please help me out!

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:40 AM PDT

    hey! i'm starting college in a month so i need a new laptop but i can't decide on which one. alongside school work, i'm gonna use it for editing (i freelance as a video editor in my free time and mainly use final cut pro. usually the stuff people want me to edit isn't that complex).

    i'm in between MBA 16GB or MBP 8GB. leaning more towards MBA, but not having a fan kinda scares me since i saw some people saying that it might give me problems in years to come. oh also, i'm planning to use this laptop for at least five years.

    that's all, any type of input would be great! thanks! edit: they're both m1.

    submitted by /u/wwhiteferrari
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel