• Breaking News

    Friday, August 6, 2021

    Apple Macbook Macbook Air M1 chip vs Macbook Pro M1 chip: Are they different?

    Apple Macbook Macbook Air M1 chip vs Macbook Pro M1 chip: Are they different?


    Macbook Air M1 chip vs Macbook Pro M1 chip: Are they different?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 03:01 PM PDT

    A sales rep told us that there is a difference between the M1 chip in the Macbook Air and the M1 chip in the Mackbook Pro. He mentioned something about the Air having a "3.2" something and the Pro having a "3.8." Does anyone know if he's right and if so, what are those numbers? Do they affect the overall speed or performance?

    submitted by /u/Pmul84
    [link] [comments]

    will mac os lion install to a mba without a battery?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:00 PM PDT

    i fixing a 11" mba from 2010 and it has no battery because who ever was in there before punctured it and i tried instaling mac os but it keeps coming up with errors and i think that it's some protection so it wont install with out a battery and i want to test by getting a new battery but i'm to poor and if i do get it and it doesn't work then i would have wasted my money. so i was hoping that some one with more experience or a working mba 2010 could test/ tell me the answer.

    submitted by /u/hold-my-balls-i-cant
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know what this is?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:46 PM PDT

    [Question] M1 Verbose Boot

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:11 PM PDT

    Absolutely no way to enable Verbose Boot on M1 MacBook?

    submitted by /u/sky0616
    [link] [comments]

    Air vs Pro : The fan

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 09:02 PM PDT

    I'm going to purchase a MacBook soon and can't decide between the two laptop models. I'll be doing some intensive multitasking, so would the fan prevent throttling? Does the fan also give the pro longer usage life?

    submitted by /u/ProjektRequiem
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth Paying for a Battery Replacement on a 2014 Retina Macbook Pro 15”?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 06:18 PM PDT

    Is it worth Paying for a Battery Replacement on a 2014 Retina Macbook Pro?

    So I have a Mid 2014 RMBP 15 Inch that has 500GB SSD, 16GB of RAM, the higher option CPU (2.5Ghz Quad-Core Intel i7) and the dedicated GPU.

    Its been smooth as butter other than this Year because my Battery Capacity Finally reached 55%-61%. It basically dies at 30%. The Battery Temperature reaches 105°-110° and that slows down the Mac sometimes. I have 1,351 Battery Cycles! I'm surprised that my Mac hasn't exploded yet. Stores were closed early this year and last year so I couldn't get it replaced. Also, I couldn't not use it for 1-3 Weeks.

    I called Apple and that said that its $199 + Tax for Replacing the Battery, but the Laptop just became "Vintage". I really hope that they tell that they are still able to replace the battery and maybe the housing/casing. I was gonna go with a third party battery like iFixit for $100, but I read that they barely last.

    Initially I was waiting for the M1 iMac 27 or 32 inch, but that could be a long wait. I was also waiting for the Next 16 inch M1/M2 Macbook, but I started thinking and realized that I'd be doing the same thing that I already do on my 2014 15 Inch Macbook Pro.

    I understand that I can't upgrade to the Next OS, but that's alright with me and what I use. I've been mainly Browsing, Zooming, and using Microsoft Office Apps for Grad School.

    In your Opinion, would you buy a New Mac or just replace the battery if you don't need a new one and nothing is changing for you?

    I should probably change my own Thermal Paste if that's needed.

    submitted by /u/GiftedBrilliance
    [link] [comments]

    I'm thinking of getting my first MacBook, but I don't have any other Apple products that are part of the ecosystem. Is it worth the switch from Windows?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:03 AM PDT

    I'm considering getting an M1 MacBook Pro as my daily driver laptop, finally making a switch from Windows. Nothing wrong with Windows, per se. It's a reliable OS and does everything I need it to. But in the few times I've gotten to use MacOS for something, I enjoyed the experience. From the overall user experience, to the speed and responsiveness of the system, even down to the power that comes in a MacBook, it seems like a great OS.

    But, I'm also an Android user still on my parents' phone plan. I'm just curious if a MacBook would be worth the investment even if I don't have any other products to add to the ecosystem like I'm assuming most people do.

    submitted by /u/realhacker6993
    [link] [comments]

    Blue Light Reduction

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:38 PM PDT

    Is there an option in the settings that removes blue light being emitted from a Macbook?

    submitted by /u/Usualreference22
    [link] [comments]

    Initial free space on 256gb MBA M1

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 06:58 PM PDT

    I'm just wondering how much free space do you get on a 256gb MacBook Air M1 on day one before installing any apps?

    submitted by /u/MrTokamak
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot get my iMac to run as a second monitor for my Macbook Pro via Target Display Mode

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:25 AM PDT

    I'm trying set up using my old iMac to run as a second monitor for my Macbook Pro via Target Display Mode but unfortunely I can't seem to get it working.

    I'm connecting the two computers through a brand new Mini DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort Cable from the Laptops Thunderbolt connection to the iMacs Mini Display Port. I've fully updated the firmware on both machines and i'm pressing CMD+F2 on the iMac (i even tried it on the macbook) but nothing happens at all. I've check keyboard settings and don't have to press function as well as CMD+F2, but i have also tired that as well.

    I don't really understand what im doing wrong, this should be a very simple process. I've double checked the Apple Website and its made it pretty clear that any iMac with a mini display port and running 10.13 will be compatable, and i've checked i'm using the right cable on the site as well.

    Here are some details about the machines:

    iMac
    21.5" Late 2009 - Running high Sirra vrsion 10.13.6

    MacBook Pro
    15" Mid 2015 - running Mojave 10.14.6

    Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how to solve this problem?

    submitted by /u/WillGrindForXP
    [link] [comments]

    Know of any SIP Softphone app that runs natively on M1 ?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 02:12 PM PDT

    Hello guys,

    Do you happen to know of any SIP softphone app that runs natively on m1 (and it's not Zoiper for iPhone/iPad) ? There's the likes of Bria and Linphone but they are x86, Intel. I've searched the web but no luck yet and I need it for my work.

    submitted by /u/kuddoo
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook M1 - how easily does it get scratched?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:08 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm due to get my M1 MacBook Air tomorrow, in silver. I would like to have it without a case but with a sleeve since I have a Space Gray MacBook Pro 16 from work and it seems to be super resistant to scratches. So I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried to do the same and/or how scratch resistant you have found your M1 metal casing to be.

    How scratch resistant is your M1 MacBook on a scale of 1-5?

    1=scratches super easy 5=very hard to scratch

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/MrTokamak
    [link] [comments]

    Does Mac scale well with the dell u2720q?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:14 AM PDT

    I wanna buy this monitor, so if anyone out there already has it, can you tell me if it scales well on Mac OS? Oh either M1/intel MacBooks? (This is what I mean: https://imgur.com/a/KhkzwZv)

    submitted by /u/megumgum
    [link] [comments]

    I am in North America and find it strange that my MBP (ordered online on Apple's website) is getting shipped from China. I thought they would already have stock in North America.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:52 AM PDT

    [HELP] Removed an arrow key but can't put it back

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:26 AM PDT

    [HELP] Removed an arrow key but can't put it back

    My arrow keys were feeling crunchy when I press them. So I decided to remove them to clean them. I started with the left arrow key but when I tried to put it back it only latched on the right side but won't do it on the left.

    Edit: Macbook Pro 2020

    https://preview.redd.it/nkjm86fazqf71.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=20b09fe6348a87b42de612bcd9c910777ef71494

    https://preview.redd.it/ht4l5leezqf71.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=dbfcd0771aaa49156c8baa1028f74df9bc72f334

    submitted by /u/Abdo023
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get 256GB MacBook Pro or 512GB MacBook Air?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 01:59 PM PDT

    Both are 16GB RAM and M1. Gonna use it as my main computer, also gonna do some editing on Final Cut Pro. I was leaning more towards Air but not having a fan kinda makes me worried, I have to use this for at least five to six years. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Educational-Mix-9538
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Magic Keyboard that Apple sells have the same action and feel as the 2020 M1 MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    I recently went from working on an old Windows laptop to a MacBook Pro and found that the keyboard feels phenomenal. The only problem is, whenever I'm working at my desk the laptop screen gets in the way of the bigger, better external display. I have a wireless keyboard but I'm wondering if the Magic Keyboard is similar to the M1 MacBook keyboard. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/cinemology
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys, this isn’t a M1 MacBook Air post. I have a mid 2019 MacBook Pro with the 2 thunderbolt 3 ports, is there an adapter that plugs into the headphone jack port that I can get more usb c ports with? Kinda like the 16 inch MacBook Pro 4 thunderbolt ports. On Amazon or something?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:32 AM PDT

    [Novice Question] - 2018 12-inch MacBook and power consumption when idle?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:39 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, this is my first post on this subreddit, as I have just started my Apple adventure. Bear with me, as I introduce you to the matter.

    I have decided to purchase a 12-inch MacBook to get me into the Apple world. This is a 2018 model with ~270 battery cycles, the battery condition is "normal". I decided to get this MacBook, as the form factor is just what I needed. I also recall having played with this MacBook variant back in 2016, and being pretty impressed with it.

    Now I have read a lot about how MacBooks are designed. Specifically, how they manage power and its consumption - apparently, they are designed not to be turned off that frequently. Rather, you are supposed to simply close the lid and enjoy the rest of whatever is left in your coffee mug. In other words, you should probably only turn it off when you know you're not gonna be using it in the near future - or at least this is what I understood from many a video I have watched on YouTube on this topic.

    I have started a new account from scratch on the MacBook - it came to me as if it was new. I prefer to keep it simple. For now, other than Chrome, I have no other additional apps installed on it.

    With that said, here is my question: what would be the normal battery consumption after you not power off the Mac, but just close the lid? From my initial findings, it consumes like ~20% after 3 days of being "idle", as I like to call it. It seems a bit excessive to me, therefore I'd like to hear your feedback - is this normal, or should I be worried?. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I only know that power nap is off - otherwise, I have not tinkered with the settings, but perhaps I'm missing something.

    Thanks in advance for your support!

    submitted by /u/quiqk0
    [link] [comments]

    im going to buy a new macbook air should i get 16 gb ram or 512 gb storage?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:35 AM PDT

    as the title say im going to buy a new macbook air so should i get 16 gb ram or 512 gb storage? i cant really go for both :/

    submitted by /u/rtwsajaaa
    [link] [comments]

    Apple ruining displays on purpose

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 12:21 PM PDT

    I've noticed that on older macs the colors look very washed out. Even on retina macbooks. Is there a way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Techniclietuva
    [link] [comments]

    How to change my lock screen on macbook air

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 12:36 AM PDT

    everything i adjust the settings for display it keeps reverting to the default lock screen when i shut down my mac. is there a way i can fix this?

    submitted by /u/quextz03
    [link] [comments]

    Resale value of M1 MacBook Air

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    Resale value of M1 MacBook Air

    I'm going to be moving over to a Mac after spending my entire professional career on a Windows machine. I'm very excited and will be picking up a M1 MacBook Air now that they are priced within my reach. I love that I'll be able to sell it at a good price when it's time to upgrade as well as I keep all my electronics in pristine condition and Apple resale value is legendary.

    Having said that however, with the cost of the M1 Macbook Air now at $899 for non-students, and the next upgraded models going to cost probably $200 more to start - we will be taking a hit on that resale value when it comes time to upgrade. So with that in mind, would it be better to pick up the MacBook Pro or even wait till the new Air comes out next year? It'd be easier to recoup the cost when picking up the next model.

    I'm not complaining about it being cheaper, just trying to consider the value of my investment down the road. What are your thoughts?

    https://preview.redd.it/as0h7nd56rf71.jpg?width=474&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=e3215d2b62b5b5707781f09ad57d48d3c0fb95d0

    submitted by /u/docdavidbanner
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel