• Breaking News

    Friday, August 6, 2021

    Apple Help 5G is often slower than 4G, but not always. Is there a quick and easy way to turn it off and on?

    Apple Help 5G is often slower than 4G, but not always. Is there a quick and easy way to turn it off and on?


    5G is often slower than 4G, but not always. Is there a quick and easy way to turn it off and on?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:49 PM PDT

    USA/Verizon, iPhone 12 mini, in a city that just recently started showing 5G service. I've noticed that often, when it says 5G, my service is almost unusually slow. I don't know why this is, but I don't really care. I would like to be able to tell my phone to drop back to LTE, which is great around here, whenever 5G is too slow. Is there a way to get this option into the control panel (can't remember what it's called) that pulls down from the top corner of the screen?

    submitted by /u/NotRoryWilliams
    [link] [comments]

    Random Sign in alert

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 12:48 PM PDT

    I just got random sign in request from China, I have declined and it immediately changed the password. Is there anything else I need to. I am absolutely freaking out

    submitted by /u/ArdenToThe
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud photos issue

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 09:22 PM PDT

    To preface this I have only my iPhone, no other devices. When I go to turn off iCloud photos, it tells me to either download photos and videos that have been optimized or delete the originals of the optimized videos. When I hit download photos and videos that have been optimized, it says it requires and additional 1.74 GB. When I go to storage, I have over 20 GB left. Does anyone know how to fix this because I'm really lost.

    submitted by /u/shortpersonohara
    [link] [comments]

    This issue? The service guy said it was bcaus of the battery expanding. Main thing working is turning off the phone, but sometimes it’s enough just pressing the button, without sliding the off-switch . Happens a couple of times a day. iOS 14.6 update, IPhone 8.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 09:08 PM PDT

    [Repost] Late 2013 MacBook Pro experiencing battery issue and major lag

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:55 PM PDT

    (Repost due to my intended throwaway account being too young)

    Hi, as the title indicates I own a late 2013 MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-in display), running Sierra 10.12.6, and am experiencing a nonfunctional battery. The main problem I noticed was that the battery icon now says [X] with a drop down that says "No battery available / Power Source: Battery." The other problem is general lag caused by seemingly every process.

    I first noticed the battery issue yesterday when I unplugged my computer and it died instantly. After turning it on was when I first saw the [X] indicator. Since then I have not been able to fix it either by repeatedly turning it off and on or by resetting the SMC. When I unplugged it to try and reset the SMC, it predictably died, and the issue was not fixed when I held SHIFT+CTRL+OPT for 10sec while turning on the power button. The battery indicator in Activity Monitor says that I have 0% battery, but that it's fully charged and apparently has been that way for days. Whenever I unplug it, the screen goes dark but still emits a little bit of light, and the Mac icon on the back of the monitor is still lit. The power button needs to be pressed multiple times to resurrect it.

    On the CPU lag side, for the past day various programs have been hogging unreasonable amounts of CPU. Mostly these are daemon processes: RTProtection Daemon, avastdaemon, hidd, sysmond, fontdirectoryd, opendirectoryd, and launchd. Google Chrome Helper / rendering also gets impressively laggy at some points, and doesn't go down by much after I restart the process. Opening windows is choppy, tabs are slow to load, etc. even when CPU load is low. Usually less than 10% of the CPU is "idle" and it's difficult to run more than two or three apps (including Finder).

    Things that I've tried and that don't work:
    -Resetting SMC
    -killall Finder, killall Dock
    -Getting rid of a ton of useless files cluttering up my desktop (I moved them, rather than trashing)
    -Deleting various apps' cache/history
    -Malware scan with both MalwareBytes and Avast turned up nothing

    Screenshots of the problem can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/user/ThrowawayMacBattery/comments/oz03tm/screenshots_of_the_macs_problems/

    Please let me know if there are any ways to fix without taking it in to the shop. Thank you for your time

    submitted by /u/EffectiveChair2
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air battery indicator wrong OR computer losing charge too easily

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:41 PM PDT

    Anyone know why the MacBook Air will crash and revert to a the "plug in charger" screen when there's still >33% battery left? The screen will go black and then show an animation that there's no charge, but as soon as I plug it in, it says that there's still a good amount of charge left!

    Ok, so I've got an older MacBook Air (got it spring 2016), but this issue has been going on for a few years already. Also: If there's >33% charge left, the computer should work!

    submitted by /u/RGVHound
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch Repair…

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 06:52 PM PDT

    How much would it cost to replace an Apple Watch (series 3, 42mm, gps/wifi only)? I dropped it on the pavement once, (had it in my lap on the way home, forgot it was there and hopped out) and it knocked out a chunk of the screen in the top left corner, and left a few cracks across the screen. The touch screen no longer works, however the passcode screen and lockscreen shows up just fine. I would rather just buy another refurbished one if Apple is only going to charge me the full $235 to replace/ "repair" the whole thing

    submitted by /u/aurorannerenee
    [link] [comments]

    Purchase information?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:57 PM PDT

    If I have a purchase and it's pending if I remove my card from it will it keep pending till I put it back in or will it go through once I have the funds for it? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/WR1Tick
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud photos disabled but my iCloud storage says it’s full?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:55 PM PDT

    I have iCloud photos disabled yet it says my iCloud storage is almost full and it says I have 4.5GB worth of photos in it. How? How do I see what photos are in there? How do I empty it and keep photos just on my phone and not in my iCloud? I'm confused.

    submitted by /u/devinad91
    [link] [comments]

    I posted 2 weeks ago about my Bluetooth not working, and as I was scrolling through my setting today I saw this. This has never happened before, and the Bluetooth wheel continues to spin. I get home from my vacation on Sunday and am planning on factory resetting then. Any idea what this could be?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:52 PM PDT

    Macbook charger not working

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 04:12 PM PDT

    Recently my 2017 Macbook Air charger stopped working, whenever i plug it in the LED doesn't turn on. I know it's not my macbook's battery that's the problem because when I used a different charger it worked perfectly fine. Is there any way I can fix my charger?

    submitted by /u/Divine__
    [link] [comments]

    Install Dolby Atmos files on iOS

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:52 PM PDT

    Is it possible to transfer music files from Dolby Atmos to my iPhone and listen to it using Apples spatial audio?

    I've got the FLAC files on my laptop and I was wondering if there's a way to either convert the file to be on my phone with their metadata while also keeping the Dolby Atmos feature?

    submitted by /u/CostaDross
    [link] [comments]

    My left AirPod won’t work

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:41 PM PDT

    My left AirPod connects but no sound will come out. Ive tried multible things to fix it such as. Forgetting them as a device, hard resetting, turning off automatic ear recognition. I have no idea what to do

    submitted by /u/LuckyRedKnight
    [link] [comments]

    Blue Light Reduction

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:39 PM PDT

    Is there an option in the settings that removes blue light being emitted from a Macbook?

    submitted by /u/Usualreference22
    [link] [comments]

    "Sync" greyed out in Itunes and I cannot transfer music from my computer to my Iphone

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 06:25 PM PDT

    Long story short I just got a new computer a few weeks ago and decided to add some new songs to my phone. I connected it via USB like I have for years but then I had to reinstall Itunes and go through all that and now when I go to click "sync" and actually transfer the music to my phone it's greyed out. Any solutions?

    I have a Iphone 11.4.1 and my computer is practically right off the shelf.

    submitted by /u/maswartz
    [link] [comments]

    Recent apps might display previous pages opened in an app for a second or 2 bug

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 11:31 AM PDT

    I used to own an iphone and it had a thing where id double click the home button and when i switch to another app running in the background it might display a page i opened about 3-4 days ago in that app for about 2 seconds within the transition when i enter it, is this bug fixed now?

    submitted by /u/Cannedpizzaeater1
    [link] [comments]

    i don't know if it's a youtube bug or what. device (iphone11)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:24 PM PDT

    Some iPhone sounds won’t turn off?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:23 PM PDT

    I recently got a deal on an iPhone SE, but even with my volume all the way down and me turning all the sounds I could off in the settings, certain sounds still play such as the screenshot noise or when I hold my finger down to select something. Nothing I looked up on the internet was helpful, so is there really nothing I can do to turn off these noises?

    submitted by /u/GalaxyStar32
    [link] [comments]

    i don't know if it's a youtube bug or what. device (iphone11)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:20 PM PDT

    Phone gone to hell when updated to 14.7.1

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:17 PM PDT

    I recently updated to iOS 14.7.1 on my iPhone XR and after I did that everything went to shit I can't use any of my banking apps as they crash I can't search anything on the AppStore as it says I have no internet when I do and wifi barely can stay connected. Everything works fine on my iPhone SE but when it came to my Xr no. Any fixes?

    submitted by /u/Nk46M7
    [link] [comments]

    Purchase information?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:11 PM PDT

    Unsolved"

    If I have a purchase and it's pending if I remove my card from it will it keep pending till I put it back in or will it go through once I have the funds for it? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/WR1Tick
    [link] [comments]

    need some assistance with parental restrictions on my son’s iPad

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:03 PM PDT

    My kid has an iPad that he brings to daycare during the summer months. He's the oldest there so he gets to use it during their nap times and other activities that he doesn't participate in. I need to be able to prevent him from accessing some apps, such as kids messenger, during daycare but all I can find is screen time which makes him get off after a set amount of time or for no screen time at all between set times.

    submitted by /u/MacDaddy555
    [link] [comments]

    Can more than one Apple ID be 2FA through one phone number?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 04:16 PM PDT

    Can I have two iCloud accounts have their 2FA completed through one phone number? I already have one ID linked to this account and was curious if I could have another.

    submitted by /u/ED437
    [link] [comments]

    Kinda urgent guidance needed for my Mac, no pics yet but all details below

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 11:53 AM PDT

    It's a macbook air 13 inch early 2015 model and a beauly to look at, I left it open on my balcony and came back to see that water blob came plop on the keyboard then I put it in towels and rice and high speed fan and whatnot, then I tried to turn it on, fine working except obvious water damage bottom left, and then 2 3 days later I see that my system can't even launch, so I google it and due to google, try a different login andd it works for now, should I be scared as I don't have any other laptop and am using it for 3-4 days but the water damage thing is still there and I'm scared that it will be costly and I might lose my data and stuff,. Thx for reading this boring passage on my problem sooooo, any solutions.

    submitted by /u/ConstructionUpset132
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel