• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 24, 2021

    Apple Help Teeny Tiny Messages icon appears in my Dock. Have to go to Terminal and `killall Dock` to get rid of it.

    Apple Help Teeny Tiny Messages icon appears in my Dock. Have to go to Terminal and `killall Dock` to get rid of it.


    Teeny Tiny Messages icon appears in my Dock. Have to go to Terminal and `killall Dock` to get rid of it.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 03:43 PM PDT

    deciding between Apple iPad Pro 2020 vs 2021

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 02:08 PM PDT

    Hi I'm trying to figure out which one would be the best for 3D modeling/scanning and drawing somewhat. I recently got into 3D printing the last year and wanting to build and make my own models and I was told the iPad Pro is great for it I just didn't know which one to get.

    submitted by /u/DarkPhoenix365
    [link] [comments]

    I have been facing issue from today morning the keyboard keys color changed to light blue and this looks very much annoying to me now. what is happing can somebody tell ?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 01:22 PM PDT

    iPad Pro 2020 won’t turn on. I was charging it overnight and I woke up to this and it won’t charge I tried switching adapter and cables and also connected to PC and no luck there as well. Please tell me if anyone faced the same issue

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 12:08 AM PDT

    Noticing backlight bleeding on the new iPad Air 4. Is this by any chance normal or common?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 05:59 PM PDT

    Pass Code Changed By Itself

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 09:42 PM PDT

    My Iphone pass code has always been 4 digits. I woke up and my iphone is now requesting 6 digits to get into my phone. I did not play with the settings and I was using my phone (with the 4 digit code) shortly before falling asleep. I have an Iphone 7 plus. It is now locking me out for wrong pass codes. I can't access icloud either because it is sending a verification code to my phone that I can't get into to enter. If i take my phone to an apple store will they be able to assist? What caused this and how can i get back into my phone? Any advice helps, thank you.

    submitted by /u/SqueakyWatermelon
    [link] [comments]

    For some reason 69 of my contacts are in iCloud and 100+ are in “All Gmail” so when I log into iCloud on my iPad it only gives the 69 contacts on my iPad. How to fix this?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 05:41 PM PDT

    Macbook Pro randomly disconnect from wifi

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 02:57 PM PDT

    My macbook pro 2020 running Catalina randomly disconnects from my wifi network even though the network is still available and stable. I would be connected to the wifi and then suddenly it disconnects; it doesn't lose connection or turns off, it just disconnects from my network. When I click on the wifi icon my network is still available to join with 4 bars and I have to click on it to rejoin. Once I rejoin, it will disconnect randomly at any moment, and I would have to click on my network again. There isn't a certain frequency at which is disconnects, it just happens randomly.

    submitted by /u/AKacx
    [link] [comments]

    Lost iMovie Footage!!

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 08:50 PM PDT

    I created an iMovie library on my hard drive. While I was editing a video, I restarted my computer because it was overheating. Now, my entire edited video is gone, although all of the raw footage is still in the iMovie library. It still says that the hard drive is taking up 49GB of storage, so I hope there is still something left to salvage.

    I tried to restore iMovie on Time Machine or find the backups folder, but neither worked. Is there any way I can recover my hours of work and effort?

    submitted by /u/melo_coton
    [link] [comments]

    Spilled a bit of water on M1 MacBook Air keyboard, what do I do now?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 08:48 PM PDT

    So I accidentally spilled some water on the top right corner of my M1 MacBook's keyboard (the backspace button was hit particularly hard) and I immediately hopped out of my seat to get a soft rag and paper towels to wipe it down.

    After wiping it down, I got the paper towel and dug into the crevices of the keys to get any excess water I could see out. Then I picked up my computer, turned it upside down, and shook it furiously in an effort to get all the water out.

    Unfortunately, I didn't power down my computer until several minutes later, and I kept turning it off and back on again to make sure it was still working. I have it turned off in the tent position right now.

    I guess I'm just looking for some piece of mind: is my laptop going to be okay? Should I take it to Apple? Did I mess up seriously by not turning it off right away or shaking it vigorously? What steps should I pursue next?

    submitted by /u/tangeranium
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone knows why this is happening? Nothing happened physically to my mac, I was watching something on netflix and it suddenly appeared. The yellow line down the middle has been there for like a month, also without any physical damage.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 08:47 PM PDT

    IPhone Lightning headphone adapter not working

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Sometimes the headphone adapter works fine and then later I plug it in and it just makes this low hum sound and the sound doesn't go into my headphones, it just plays through my speakers, although the plug is clearly in. Then later I do something and it gets fixed, but I don't even know what fixes it. My software is up to date, the plug hole is clean, I really don't know what's causing this. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Leonide24
    [link] [comments]

    Apple ID Hacked, Going Back and Forth w/ Hacker

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 08:39 PM PDT

    I received emails a couple days ago that an old apple ID a account of mine had been accessed. I get fake emails like this often so I usually don't pay attention to it, but these emails looked legit so I started looking into it.

    Turns out my account was actually accessed. They went in, changed the password, changed all security questions (even changed it to Chinese which I can't read), phone number, and enabled 2 factor authentication. My saving grace was they couldn't change my email.

    I contact Apple, I was able to reverse a lot of the changes to the account, except to really make everything final, you have to know the security questions, which I obviously don't know.

    So now I change the password, and the hacker uses the security questions to get back in and change the password. I then use my email to get back in and change the password. It's annoying af.

    Anyways, I can't even delete my account without knowing the security questions, and even Apple support doesn't know how to help me. Has anyone gone through this, and if so, how did you regain full control of your account, or at least delete it?

    submitted by /u/bwash407
    [link] [comments]

    this shows up every time i select an image to send to someone or if i select an image to use as a profile picture

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 02:20 PM PDT

    How do I get photos taken on iphone to show up in ipad gallery immediately?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 07:55 PM PDT

    I take photos for clients on my phone and then want to show them the pictures about an hour later on a larger screen. I basically won't ever take photos with the ipad, just want the ipad to mirror the iphone and for the sync to happen quickly. How do??

    submitted by /u/shortfriday
    [link] [comments]

    Do not have a Drivers License to verify my identity for Apple Pay

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 07:40 PM PDT

    What do I do? I have a little money in there and don't want it stuck there forever

    submitted by /u/AyCarajo
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with creating Apple ID (phone verification)

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 07:07 PM PDT

    I plan to swap to iPhone in the next couple days so I wanted to create a Apple ID beforehand

    When the setup process asks for code sent to the email that works but when asking for the text verification it doesn't. I have tried multiple times and the code doesn't go through telling me to "enter the characters you see or hear" when the code I input is correct

    Is there anyways to fix this or bypass it?

    submitted by /u/therealgodryon
    [link] [comments]

    What happened with Podcast app?!

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 03:19 PM PDT

    It's absolute sh*t lately! It updates the subscribed shows in my library very sporadically and inconsistently, but more annoyingly, it constantly resets the show I'm currently listening to and then it doesn't even list that show in my "recently played " so I have to go searching for it from scratch and then adjust the play bar to where I left off. In fact, nothing I've been listening to in the past few months goes into "recently played ".

    Is anyone else having these issues? It's really infuriating.

    submitted by /u/zed_christopher
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X will not turn on anymore after working fine

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 06:56 PM PDT

    I have a iPhone X and it was working perfectly fine until one day it just stopped turning on and putting it on a wireless charger just makes the light start blinking after a long time. The OLED screen looks fine and it hasn't been placed in water before, what could it be?

    submitted by /u/de2cios
    [link] [comments]

    How to transfer files to external hardrive from a lockdown Partition in recovery/safe mode

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 06:50 PM PDT

    I tried installing Big Sur yesterday and it didn't work. I am able however able to get into the OS via Safe boot but unfortunately under a new user so I am not able to access my files on my main partition. The files are still there, disk utility proves that and I am able to still browse through the folders however no files show up due to them being locked.

    Is there anyway to transfer these files onto a external hardrive so that I am able to do a clean install and have these files backed up?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/miranpav
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur 11.5.2 problem

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 06:25 PM PDT

    I have plenty of mp4 videos saved on to my iMac (late 2015) and I use them for various photoshop projects. Ever since I updated to the most recent update, half of my videos will not open and have errors. There is only a blank thumbnail with the QuickTime symbol. Has anybody else had this problem or have any ideas how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/nshava19
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Find My destroying my battery at night?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 05:53 AM PDT

    I've noticed that Find My has been draining my battery when I'm sleeping. I don't usually charge my phone overnight because I quick charge in the morning. You'll see in the pictures that the app drains my battery at a faster rate than my usual usage of my iPhone. There is an air tag near the phone, on my set of keys.

    I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but if anybody else if having this problem or if anyone has a solution, I'd be happy to hear it!

    https://preview.redd.it/jnjemo2ozaj71.png?width=828&format=png&auto=webp&s=85389a60260780d7531a8b6d8f59b9779ebbbfc5

    https://preview.redd.it/vk0ihbl70bj71.png?width=828&format=png&auto=webp&s=f759709313fa4789d8efb1c4a63be41600c2eea7

    submitted by /u/ChobaniKick
    [link] [comments]

    A question about the storage of MacBook M1

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 12:03 PM PDT

    Two hours ago I bought my new MacBook Air M1 with 512 GB SSD and 8 GB of RAM a big concern of mine was if the storage would be enough. Let's get to the point - the laptop should have 512 GB worth of space, I know there is the system that's taking some space (between 10-12 GB) but that should leave me with around 500 GB. However, it says that I have only 463 GB when I do NOT have any installed apps yet. My system is taking 15 GB of my space I have applications that are worth of 4 GB overall and for some reason there is this "other" section which is taking more than 11 GB. My questions are these - How do I get rid of this "Other" section or at least some of it ? And my other question is why do I have 512 GB storage but when I do the math I have less than what I'm supposed to have ? (Meaning: 512 - 15 - 4 - 11 = 482 GB not 463 GB)

    Thanks in advance and I apologize for the grammar mistakes if there are any :)

    submitted by /u/Snow-Small
    [link] [comments]

    issues sharing apps with a child acct

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 05:46 PM PDT

    Hello all!

    We have a 4 person family share. Myself, my wife, our 2 year old, and MIL. My wife bought two games for our son before he had his own iPad under her ID. I can download the to my phone using the family shared option in the App Store and one is fully unlocked upon download, the other is not. When downloading to my sons iPad neither are unlocked. Going into the app and using "restore purchases" does not work.

    Help.

    submitted by /u/Kmoore75801
    [link] [comments]

    I can't change my screentime passcode

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 05:36 PM PDT

    yesterday, when my screentime limit was up it let me change it without any passcode. but for some reason today, it asked for a passcode. i have multiple devices linked under the same account (including my sister's devices, and she's probably the one who did it because she's jealous i have friends to text) and I have family sharing on. When I try to change my passcode with the apple id thing (clicking on forgot passcode) the button for forgot passcode doesn't show up. I've tried to sign into my dad's apple id account because some apple support article thing said that people who weren't the orginizer in the family sharing can't do this, but it still didn't work. what should I do?? I don't want to restart my phone because i have stuff i wanna keep here, but idk how to get rid of the passcode. Please help, otherwise i might torture my sister to death to get that passcode :/ (sarcasm btw dont ban me im not rly tech savvy sooo i come here for my problems)

    submitted by /u/thatuwugorl
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel