• Breaking News

    Friday, July 30, 2021

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion


    Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    Anything you view or consume media wise is fair game

    submitted by /u/redditisnowtwitter
    [link] [comments]

    Tip: If you have a HomePod and an AppleTV, you can use your HomePod to play/pause, rewind, and fast forward whatever is playing on your AppleTV

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 07:53 PM PDT

    Discovered this recently when I needed to pause but my remote was on the other side of the room. Went "Hey Siri, pause" and my HomePod Mini picked it up and then paused what I had playing on my AppleTV. It also responds to commands like "rewind 30 seconds" and I'm sure there's more it can do with an AppleTV.

    submitted by /u/BasementDweller3000
    [link] [comments]

    Could someone do me a favor and check if the Jackbox games are still on the Apple TV's app store?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 12:49 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I don't currently have an Apple Tv, but I'm thinking about picking up one of the new ones. I want to play the Jackbox Party Pack games on it, but the app store website only lists them as being compatible with the iPad.

    If one of you has a moment, could you check on your Apple TV and see if they show up? I know that they were available a few years ago and I just want to ensure that they still are.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/CrunchyTesticle
    [link] [comments]

    see season 2 trailer

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    Is it worth building my Apple TV (iTunes) movie collection in 2021?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 11:44 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! I'm an avid movie lover and just recently got an Apple device. I want to hear all your opinions about whether slowly buying and building my movie collection is worth it in 2021. I've always been attracted to the idea of "owning" movies as opposed to relying in streaming services but it's an expensive process and owning a digital film doesn't seem as guaranteed as in the old iTunes days.

    I know there was a small controversy recently about Apple saying you don't own movies in iTunes or something like that.

    So what are all your thoughts on this? Should I start buying my favourite films?

    submitted by /u/billybellybutton
    [link] [comments]

    What should I buy for my 666th iTunes movie?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 12:56 AM PDT

    Just hit 665. I already have Hail Satan.

    submitted by /u/shawnhopkins
    [link] [comments]

    Disney+ Dolby Vision broken?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 10:39 PM PDT

    Dolby Vision is no longer showing up on Disney+. Only HDR 10. It has worked since launch with Dolby vision and now it is gone

    submitted by /u/TechByJosh1974
    [link] [comments]

    TV+ app loses sound when pausing or fast forwarding. Have to back out, wiggle the remote around until I hear the selection beeps to get it to come back.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 06:05 PM PDT

    Anyone experience this issue? I'm using the 2021 4K Apple TV. This only happens with the TV+ app. My audio goes through the TV's HDMI audio out to my Sonos system. I've disconnected it and used just the TV speakers but it still happens.

    submitted by /u/iShoot556
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else’s Apple TV light turn on by itself?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 08:59 PM PDT

    Hello! I'm currently house sitting for someone while they are away, and I noticed that last night, the blue light on the little Apple TV box was turned on. I have not used the tv and it has been off this entire week previous to that, and it has since shut itself back off. Has anyone experienced this before?

    submitted by /u/faeryliqhts
    [link] [comments]

    Did an update break CEC?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 08:28 PM PDT

    So I own two Apple TV's 4K. One is in the living room hooked up to my 80" Sharp Aquos TV and the other is in our bedroom hooked up to a 65" Vizio P-Series.

    The one in the living room is the latest model, and the one in the bedroom is last years model. I recently replaced the crappy remote from last years model with the new Siri remote.

    Anyway, both units have been working perfectly fine until today. CEC worked fine with both TV's, but today I noticed the new Apple 4K in the living room wouldn't power on the TV with the remote. Once the TV is manually powered on, I can turn it off with the remote, but it won't power back on.

    Well, we watched TV for a couple of hours out there today before coming into the bedroom. I grabbed the remote to power on the TV and had the same problem. TV won't power on with the remote, but it will turn off after manually powering it on.

    I unplugged the Apple TV's power for 30 seconds, tried again, and same issue. I think there must have been an update pushed out that broke CEC because the one think I noticed that when I press and hold the power button now, it only turn off the Apple TV, but it no longer displays the menu where you had to click to power everything off.

    Has anyone else ran into this issue? My Apple TV is currently running tvOS 14.7 (18M60)

    submitted by /u/mrrobertotaylor
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K new version 2 remotes

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 05:02 PM PDT

    So my wife loses remotes. Last week the new apple TV 4k remote fell victim. So I paid 60 bones and got a new one. I have an extra 4k(ver1) remote that I can pair with the ATV4K. But it is not allowing me to have two of these remotes paired. I'm wanting to use the new 4k remote and then let her use the other remote. I'm a chump I know. But I don't want to lose the remote. Is there a way for me to have both remotes paired? Or is there another solution? App on phone or whatever?

    submitted by /u/dmigz
    [link] [comments]

    “There’s a problem loading this content” error message.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 03:56 PM PDT

    Just tried to watch some purchased episodes on iTunes AppleTV and keep getting this message regardless of what episode. Was able to watch them before today with no issues. I'm also able to watch them on my iPhone so it seems like an AppleTV only issue. Anyone else having issues or know of a fix? Tried restarting everything already.

    submitted by /u/Mutant-Planet
    [link] [comments]

    I have a 10 year old tv and would like an Apple TV. Is the 3rd generation fine and does it still work fluent?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 09:51 AM PDT

    I already have the Apple TV 4K in the living room and for compatibility reasons would like another Apple TV in the bedroom. I've seen a lot of offers for the Apple TV 3rd generation for about eur 25- 40 in my region (secondhand)

    Is the Apple TV 3rd generation still a good working product or will I encounter issues that it doesn't work fluent anymore etc?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ArnieSchwanzisBigger
    [link] [comments]

    Eurosport app Olympics: No Commentary?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    Am I right that there is no Olympics commentary available on the AppleTV boxes' Eurosport app?

    I can get some commentaries on the Eurosport app on my iPad and AirPlay that content across so they do seem to exist.

    submitted by /u/Pat100100
    [link] [comments]

    For films that says Dolby Vision, do they also have HDR?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 07:54 AM PDT

    I have a Samsung TV and have connected my Apple TV to it, but wanted to know if films that have Dolby Vision automatically have HDR as well, as DV is essentially adding on top of HDR.

    submitted by /u/nsiny
    [link] [comments]

    What can I self host my media library on my that my Apple TV 4 can stream from?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 06:35 AM PDT

    Anything but iTunes or Apple Movies? Preferably I could host the movies on Linux box but windows is fine too.

    Any apps that allow local streaming?

    submitted by /u/lowlyinvestor
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel