• Breaking News

    Friday, July 30, 2021

    macOS Snow Leopard Intro remade using AI Interpolation, and remastered audio from GarageBand.

    macOS Snow Leopard Intro remade using AI Interpolation, and remastered audio from GarageBand.


    Snow Leopard Intro remade using AI Interpolation, and remastered audio from GarageBand.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 12:46 AM PDT

    Discovering that holding CMD lets you move menu bar icons literally made my day

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 06:34 AM PDT

    I rendered the OS X (Snow) Leopard Intro to 60fps

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    Apple's amazing SF Mono font, patched with Nerd Fonts and ligaturized

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 10:31 AM PDT

    Disabling SIP (System Integrity Protection) Disables Camera

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 01:06 AM PDT

    Just a PSA that I disabled to SIP yesterday to fix something on the computer (iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)) running Big Sur 11.5 and my internal camera no longer worked.

    This is just a PSA about this as I searched and none of the online help pages made reference to this. I had to go in and re-enable SIP to get it to work again.

    submitted by /u/SignificantGolf9871
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get the latest update to Big Sur on my MacBook for some reason? Only Xcode stuff

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 10:47 PM PDT

    Is there a way to display hidden system files permanently?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 01:44 AM PDT

    Is there a way to display hidden system files permanently?

    As the title suggests, I would like to have hidden files, in this case an app, permanently displayed. I live in a country where the Apple News app does not exist. However, I can easily open the app via Terminal or the Finder.

    But now I want the app to be displayed in Launchpad. Is this possible? I know it's possible to make a shortcut that redirects you to the actual app. But I don't want to do that.

    Edit: I forgot to note that I don't want to change my region especially for this....

    https://preview.redd.it/p0q0xplzbbe71.png?width=2260&format=png&auto=webp&s=d190d2062f596be44de26411707822d48744b1d0

    submitted by /u/Kartoffelesser
    [link] [comments]

    macOS icon request: Port Map

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 01:21 AM PDT

    I don't know if this belongs here, but I didn't know where else to put it.

    Okay, so I use a fairly old app called Port Map. Unfortunately, the app hasn't been updated for a few years now and therefore doesn't have a macOS Big Sur icon. There are several tools that provide you with icons, like "macOS app icons" and tools that generate them, like "iconsur". I had generated an icon with iconsur (just replaced the background with white), but it doesn't look that good. On macOS app icons there is unfortunately also no one who has made an icon for it.

    That's why I wanted to ask the (toxic lol) community here if someone could make me an icon for the app. I personally find icons in this style very nice, they have depth, something stands out and they just look gorgeous! I can't create icons very well myself.... At least I tried lol

    Here in the sub u/gf1122 has already made me a cool, sick icon for RDM.

    submitted by /u/Kartoffelesser
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur Ram Question

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 11:11 PM PDT

    Hello all. I finally upgraded from Catalina to Big Sur and have noticed a HUGE amount of ram usage. It's gobbling it up! (3rd party memory utility reads at 8.8% -21.6% free). The only application running is Safari, with 4 tabs open. None of the tabs are anything beyond normal and certainly shouldn't be pulling that kind of RAM. Late 2013 MBP. 2.3 quad i7, 16 gigs DDR3.

    Thoughts?

    Thanks!

    — Jonny

    submitted by /u/jonnynoxious
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Communities error

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 10:58 PM PDT

    Anyone else have problems getting into apple communities today? I keep getting the Error - Internal error message when I try to sign into my account.

    submitted by /u/AJanml
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use my mouse and trackpad separate from each other?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 10:07 PM PDT

    I use my MBP with an external monitor and peripherals. Is there a way to use my mouse exclusively on my monitor and my trackpad exclusively on my MacBook that's opened to the side? Example, I'm editing photos on my monitor and I want to be able to reach over and change a song on my MBP screen using the trackpad without losing my spot on my monitor. Not sure if this makes sense but I want the mouse and trackpad to work as if I had TWO cursors exclusive form each other.

    submitted by /u/rweeo
    [link] [comments]

    signed out of imessage on mac - messages still updating on mac, just click skip at login and new current message convorsations are there after completley signing out

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 09:41 PM PDT

    please help

    ive signed out of imessage on my mac and all i have to do is skip the sign on screen upon opening the app and new current messages are there even though i signed out weeks ago. i open preferences for messages and i cant do anything cuz its just sign in prompts....then why are my new messages still loading on the device?!!?

    submitted by /u/surfertyler
    [link] [comments]

    App not opening when I click on it, works after restart

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 07:41 PM PDT

    Hey folks. Using a 2015 MBP and just upgraded to Big Sur, however after doing so I'm having issues with one of my applications. Clicking on it from my dock or from my applications folder does nothing, no error message or response at all. It's not already running in the background. Restarting my mac it will open and run fine, and then the problem will repeat itself next time I go to open it. First assumption was that the app was corrupted, so I deleted and re installed it only to have the problem persist. What would be the next thing to try from here? I have backups that I could revert to from when it was working, but I would rather avoid that. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/slowestshark
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse Acceleration Fix

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 07:03 PM PDT

    Hello, I was having an issue with mouse acceleration and since I see other posts referring this I want to share the free solution I found. So, I downloaded SteelSeries ExactMouse and set it to "Always On". This seems to be working correctly on my MBA M1 with Big Sur 11.5.1. Hope this helped :)

    EDIT: Found a better solution as it also fixes scrolling on an external mouse LinearMouse

    submitted by /u/Marcello_109
    [link] [comments]

    It’s never been a real big TV person and now all of the TVs seem to have Alexa built-in. I don’t really want Alexa in my house, I don’t trust her. Apples replacing my bricked OG HomePod, and I am thinking about the TV solution… Anyone else out there have a recommendation for a TV?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 07:00 PM PDT

    How would I find music files that are stored inside an application file?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 05:51 PM PDT

    First of all, I want to apologize if this isn't the place to ask.

    I have an application file and contacted the creators of the game via email to ask if they had released their music for the game. They said that they unfortunately did not have them released, and I was wondering if there were a way to find the audio files inside the Package Contents. So far, I am only finding Unix Executables, MPEG-4 movies (cutscenes and the like), .bank (unsure what that is), .nib, .assets, and .asset.resS.

    submitted by /u/ag18078
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air m1 wifi problems, what a nightmare :(

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 01:58 PM PDT

    MacBook Air m1 wifi problems, what a nightmare :(

    Hi to all.

    I have read multiples thread about this but I can't fix my problem. I have updated to 11.5.1, but the problems continue.

    I have a MacBook Air M1 and since two months (maybe the 11.4 update), I have a lot of problems with wifi.

    I have two networks, 2.4ghz and 5ghz. I have problems with both but mostly with the 5ghz.

    1- Slow wifi. I have 300mb and all my other devices (iPhone 12 for example) reach in speed tests until ~300mbps.

    https://preview.redd.it/qxyoerksq7e71.png?width=1498&format=png&auto=webp&s=af79301dc51a578c06544d8f053123e7782b3b26

    Sometimes, if I restart o turn off the wifi and wait 1 minute, and turn on, the speed is OK. But quickly again the speed is dropped.

    2- Disconnections from wifi network ramdomly. Sometimes 2 o 3 times in one minute, sometimes 1 in 1 hour.

    3- Data stop, but not network disconnection.

    4- Sometimes Mac can't connect to network and I need to restart.

    I tried everything.

    1. Flush dns
    2. Deleted some system config files
    3. Changed DNS
    4. Create new location in network settings.
    5. Change ip.
    6. Change wifi channels.

    I need help or ideas please. It is my first Mac that I have bought and I am not enjoy :(

    Thanks to all!

    Sorry for my English!

    submitted by /u/miguelcdoc
    [link] [comments]

    Recents Finder Folder...is never recent

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 05:30 PM PDT

    When I open a finder window and go to my Recents folder, it shows me files from 2020. I've definitely handled and created plenty of files since then. What the heck?

    submitted by /u/PoopEndeavor
    [link] [comments]

    Hibernate iMac on BigSur

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 05:30 PM PDT

    I've just tried hibernating my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) running Big Sur 11.4 and it doesn't seems to be working (if I unplug power after hibernating it won't restore the session after the boot)

    It obviously works on MacBooks and supposed to work on Mac Minis, but I couldn't find reliable proof that iMac is even supposed to be able to hibernate (and some say it can't). I'm almost ready to sell my iMac and replacing it with MacBook + 5K monitor, but I can't believe Apple would do that.

    Can anyone confirm hibernate works for them on iMac?
    If so, what hardware/macOS versions/software are you using specifically?

    submitted by /u/dmatora
    [link] [comments]

    Auto(re)mounting SMB depending on network

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 08:19 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I have had a NAS synology for ages, and very recently decided to set up secure remote access to it through OpenVPN. For ease of use purposes, I would like to automate stuff the following way :

    • if my Mac is on no network, then SMB volume get disconnected and OpenVPN client is shutdown
    • If My Mac is on the same LAN as my NAS, then SMB volume is mounted using its IP on the LAN (let's call it IP1)
    • If my Mac is not on the same LAN as my NAS, has internet access, then OpenVPN client should try to connect, and if it succeeds, SMB volume is mounted using its "virtual IP" (let's call it IP2).

    IP1 and IP2 are known and static. What would be even better is if the NAS IP relevant at a given time (either IP1, IP2 or null) could be automatically bound to a more legible volume name (say "MY_NAS") and get updated depending on cases detailed above.

    In all cases, the automation algorithms should somehow loop for instance every second or so, so in the event the SMB volume get unmounted by the system (which seems to be often the case with MacOS), it gets remounted for minimal interruption of volume availability.

    How would you brilliant people go about this kind of automation ?

    Many thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/mightysashiman
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 04:25 PM PDT

    So I had the Public Beta on my MacBook and tried to take it off. When I try to do an internet restore I keep on getting error code -1008F, I've removed the activation locks as this usually is the error for that. This is still happening, is there someway I can reinstall Big Sur with a direct connection? I've been trying to see if I can download it to an external drive or something.

    submitted by /u/rwalsh1981
    [link] [comments]

    Mac shuts down on its own, but shows a normal shutdown message

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 02:39 PM PDT

    Hey!

    Looking for some insight as to why this shutdown occurred.

    I left my room for about 5 minutes and came back to my iMac (2015 - currently on 11.4) that shut down on its own. When I launched the Terminal command to find out the cause, it kept stating Previous shutdown cause: 5, which indicates a normal shut down.

    How can this reflect a normal shutdown when it did it on its own? I don't have any scheduled shutdown/restarts/maintenance. Nothing updated during that time, and I did not have any electric resets/outages.

    Any ideas?

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/ShibbyBearz
    [link] [comments]

    Indian cybersecurity nodal agency, CERT-In has issued a warning for owners of select Apple products which includes some iPhones, iPads and even devices running on macOS.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 10:22 AM PDT

    Safari freezes on M1 MBA

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 07:36 AM PDT

    It happens quite often, every 2-3 days, only reboot resolves the issue.
    Safari freezes for no reason, no extensions installed, just 5-7 tabs are open.
    Cleaned all cahce and safari files from ~/Library/Preferences and ~/Library/Caches
    That's a recent issue, just a couple of month old, so it might be a 11.4 issue.
    Please advice and see the crash report below

    Date/Time: 2021-07-29 17:29:06.798 +0300
    End time: 2021-07-29 17:29:29.378 +0300
    OS Version: macOS 11.4 (Build 20F71)
    Architecture: arm64e
    Report Version: 32

    Data Source: Stackshots
    Shared Cache: DA77D7E4-88AC-3DFA-8D74-CEBA36827791 slid base address 0x1956bc000, slide 0x156bc000
    Shared Cache: 482F0EF9-B940-309E-8378-2B670C55A83E slid base address 0x7fff20024000, slide 0x24000

    Command: Safari
    Path: /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari
    Identifier: com.apple.Safari
    Version: 14.1.1 (16611.2.7.1.4)
    Build Version: 7
    Project Name: WebBrowser
    Source Version: 7611002007001004
    Parent: launchd [1]
    PID: 54481
    Time Since Fork: 17s

    Event: hang
    Duration: 22.58s
    Duration Sampled: 8.50s (process was unresponsive for 14 seconds before sampling)
    Steps: 85 (100ms sampling interval)
    Report threshold: 2.5s

    Hardware model: MacBookAir10,1
    Active cpus: 8
    Time Awake Since Boot: 240583s
    Time Since Wake: 666s

    submitted by /u/CapsicumBarracuda
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel