• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 31, 2021

    Apple Macbook Upgrade

    Apple Macbook Upgrade


    Upgrade

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 08:54 PM PDT

    I just upgraded from a 2009 MacBook Pro to an M1 MacBook Air and the Migration Assistant says it will take 360 hours to transfer my files.

    The Pro won't update anymore and I'd like to get photos off of the thing. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/cartpush3r
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 16 inch Fans going crazy after connecting to an external monitor

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:47 PM PDT

    Hello everyone.

    So I have a 2019 16inch macbook pro I7 16gb ram and Amd Radeon 5300.

    So the issue I have been facing is whenever I connect it to an external monitor 1080p resolution through a hdmi cable. After sometime the fans literally goes crazy around 5000 rpm and also the temperature rises till 60 to 65 degrees. I am on the latest OS and have been facing this issue since a long time.

    It's been only 6 to 7 months since I purchased it, and can't use it with an external monitor. Anyone facing similar problem with this 16inch and similar specs.

    Any tips and suggestions are appreciated please respond. :)

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/anmolchandratre
    [link] [comments]

    I bought my new MacBook M1 about one and a half month ago and I’ve already been facing an issue with the keyboard. The keyboard keeps typing dashes(-) uncontrollably on its own. There’s no malware in the laptop, I’ve checked. How do I fix this.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    HD Wallpapers

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 05:03 PM PDT

    Can people drop their favourite/best looking HD wallpapers?

    Can't decide what to have as my macs background 😭.

    submitted by /u/rxkuda
    [link] [comments]

    How do you all keep the screen clean and when it gets dirty whats the best way to clean it?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 02:07 PM PDT

    I have a big issue of touching the glass screen and bezels when I open and close my M1 Air. Finger prints and smudges are common and using glass cleaner and a rag doesnt do the best. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/AbbySciuto001
    [link] [comments]

    M1 MacBook users complain that the screen is easy to crack

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:14 PM PDT

    M1 MacBook Air won't utilise the 4 high performance cores when doing handbrake encoding (x265). It does use them for other applications.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    M1 MacBook Screen cracks

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 06:39 AM PDT

    Should I wait?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 02:01 PM PDT

    I have been thinking of buying the M1 MacBook pro but I am confused that whether should I wait for the new one to be launched or buy the current one, as the MacBook pro is going to have a complete redesign. Can anyone help me as I am very confused.

    submitted by /u/Muaaz8227
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air or Macbook Pro

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:58 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm currently deciding on whether I want to get the Pro or the Air. I've watched plenty of comparison videos to know the pros and cons of each. I just got my first Macbook (Air, 13", M1 chip, 8GB Memory - 512GB SSD) yesterday from Best Buy, but am thinking about exchanging it for the Pro. I'm a college student and currently I don't have to do many things that require high performance.

    However, I feel like I would eventually want to make music on a laptop, do more graphic design, possibly photo/video editing in the future if I start to tap into my creative side more for jobs and what not. I know that the Pro is better with handling high performance, but I have also heard that the new Air with the M1 is pretty good for those things too? But the thing is, I'm not sure if I want to just fully commit to a 2020 Macbook Pro for long term, or if I should start with the MBA right now and later on try to sell it to get a later and more improved version of the MBP. I'm afraid that if I do work on anything that requires high performance that the MBA would endure some type of damage that will later on cause for it to become slower or lower its performability.

    With the new Macbook Air M1 that I have right now, I do enjoy the thinness of the MBA. Also think that I prefer the fact that the pause/volume/search/brightness buttons are right there at the top, whereas for the Pro, you have to use the touch bar. I have also heard that the MBP fan can be pretty loud too?

    And of course there is the $250 price difference between the MBA and MBP for the 500 gb.

    I don't know much about the technology and the specs and all the things that a tech savy person really pays attention to, so bare w/ me lol. So if anyone has some advice, your input is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/333rdye
    [link] [comments]

    Night shift mode turning off after Macbook pro awakes from sleep, using dual monitors

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 01:41 PM PDT

    So I'm temporarily using a new machine that has Big Sur (11.4) and I'm using an external monitor. My previous machine had os Catalina with the same dual monitor setup and nothing ever turned off with night shift unless I turn it off myself manually.

    Now, what's happening is any time the Mac awakes from sleep, night shift mode is turned off only on my external monitor despite settings saying that night shift mode is indeed on. My Macbook Pro laptop screen appears to keep NS mode on when waking from sleep, so it's only affecting my external monitor when woken up.

    I've done some googling, I've seen the shitty responses from Apple on their user forums addressing this issue, which the extent of their answers are "try restarting, try setting location based settings so the timer feature of NS works, and if issues persist, contact the manufacturer of the external monitor as the monitor might be at fault.." lmao.

    I know for a fact it's not my monitor, as other users have stated on those forums, because the night shift mode stays on and worked just fine on my previous machine running Catalina, so it's possible this is a Big Sur bug.

    The only way to fix it is to manually go into display settings and turn NS mode on.. every time the computer sleeps and wakes up, which is annoying af.

    Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/rnf1985
    [link] [comments]

    Euasoo MacBook Pro Port Adapter Horrible Connection

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 01:32 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    So I've had the Euasoo Port Adapter for a few years for my MacBook Pro (2018) The issues I'm having is that it often won't read my external hard drive and not even my iPhone when I plug it in. I also back up my iPhone to my external hard drive but I can't even do that because it refuses to connect both or it connects/disconnects over and over again no matter what I do.

    Every time I plug something in I got the "disk not ejected properly" or "using too much power" messages. It says that with the external hard drive or iphone. Doesn't matter which one is connected. And then it will disconnect them.

    I've had issues with it for a couple of years now but just haven't gotten around to trying to find a new adapter, until now.

    This is the one I've had:

    https://www.amazon.com/EUASOO-Thunderbolt-Ethernet-Charging-Chromebook/dp/B07GDHD3VC

    For reference ^

    I have no idea what I should get that's the equivalent of that that will ACTUALLY work.

    I looked up the Belkin version of this and saw bad reviews that it wasn't picking up anything they put in the USB ports either.

    Please help 🥲

    submitted by /u/internationalhottie
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to get a new MacBook. I use it for personal use and work. My husband also uses it for to work on his excel sheet for work. And I use it to do online work from my laptop. Would be nice to have a big screen. Should I get a Mack book pro or air? And what model? Costco has some on sale

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 12:00 PM PDT

    Is it possible to install cracked apps/games on a macbook?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 11:20 AM PDT

    I've always used windows before but I was planning on buying a new pc to run adobe software on. Unfortunately adobe cloud costs $20/month so I was thinking about getting a cracked version. Is it possible to install cracked apps on macbook?

    submitted by /u/skibesh
    [link] [comments]

    Playing simps 4 on a Mac

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    Does sims 4 run perfect and smooth in a Mac m1 ? Does it make the device heat more than usuals ? Which mac is good for playing sims 4

    Edited - sorry I wrote the simps 4 it's actually "sims 4"

    submitted by /u/United_Somewhere_666
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know what port this is for my MacBook Air? I tried a USB-c And it didn’t fit

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 11:15 AM PDT

    m1 MacBook Air tight hinge

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 12:18 AM PDT

    I bought a MacBook m1 air. The hinge was pretty normal. I was able to open the lid with one finger. suddenly the hinge has become very stiff. I am seeing post that this issue is related to weather change. It is raining since two days. Is this normal any one else experiencing this. any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/This_Reading_7124
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a new MacBook Air today, i have a question about the free AirPods for students

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 12:12 AM PDT

    So I'm about to start college and just heard about this deal, does this also apply if you buy your MacBook at Best Buy? I'm going there since they're having a sale on them + my student discount puts it at about $750ish and I can't beat that price lol. I already have air pods but I would be so stoked if I got new ones so my sister can have my current ones because she doesn't have a pair! So does this deal apply at Best Buy?

    submitted by /u/soupyshay
    [link] [comments]

    Will my M1 Macbook air brick from this adapter!?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 02:16 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I recently purchased a cheap usb-c to hdmi/usb/usb-c adapter (it doesn't seem to have a brand). I think it allows for pass through charging, which I DO NOT want to use as I fear it may brick my device.

    If I only charge through the laptop's standard port and use this for adapter for hard drives and a monitor will this stop it from having a chance of bricking?

    submitted by /u/partyslat
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel