• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 31, 2021

    Apple Macbook MacBook… without the Book?

    Apple Macbook MacBook… without the Book?


    MacBook… without the Book?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 11:20 AM PDT

    Was about to leave to the Apple Store to trade my computer in… Literally no clue how this happened. This doesn’t look like a drop.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 01:49 PM PDT

    How do you make the M1 MBA's battery last longer?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 06:01 PM PDT

    MBA M1 becomes laggy, and eventually crashes, usually after sleep. Anyone else having similar issues? Force closing WindowServer process or restarting the laptop always fixes the issue

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 11:31 PM PDT

    Which MBA to keep

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 07:05 PM PDT

    I apologize I'm advanced, I know this question has been asked to death, but after reading and searching various Apple subs reading posts by people with the same dilemma or 8gb or 16gb, but I still feel unsure.

    I've recently gotten a new Air for my graduate studies. I considered waiting, but the M1 seems more than powerful for my portable needs since I already have a custom PC for home use.

    Previously I had a 2018 MBP 8/128 and it was feeling too low on memory. Now that I think about it tho, I never did actually check the memory pressure. Anyways, I bought an Air through the student deal for about $1100 with the AirPods. I already have AirPods Pro's, so I haven't even opened free ones. Now I see I can get the base model from BestBuy for $800 (both prices after tax), and I'm not sure if I should keep the 16/256 or just go with the 8/256 and save $300.

    As I mentioned, I already have a a Ryzen 5900x/RTX 3080/64gb RAM with more SSD storage than would ever be necessary for one person because I enjoy building computers and like having overkill. So that means this is almost certainly going to just be a portable email machine, with maybe some online tests and remote classes on occasion. My major is going to mainly be research and writing papers. I do hope to keep this machine until my studies are over, so at least 4 years. Will I regret only having 8gb of unified memory in that time? Sure, I can afford it, but it's a matter of if $300 for double the RAM is worth it. That makes the computer nearly 1.5x the costs over the base for literally just RAM.

    I'm no MacOS expert, just loving the compatibility between my devices.

    submitted by /u/curiousdugong
    [link] [comments]

    What does this mean?? (For context: my parents told me to format it due to it crashing often. I erased Macintosh HD then Macintosh HD DATA.)

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 07:57 AM PDT

    MacBook Keyboard Question

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:04 PM PDT

    Does anyone think the keys on their keyboards for MacBooks after 2016 seem to become shiny/wear off more quickly than the MacBooks from 2015 and before?

    submitted by /u/dramafan1
    [link] [comments]

    How to fix keys not repeating when held down? I read about filter keys but can't find where to disable them.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 05:15 PM PDT

    I think I may have unknowingly turned it on by holding shift for too long. How do I fix this on macbook?

    submitted by /u/SugaryToast
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro M1 screen stopped working yesterday. Anyone else has had this issue?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    Bought a Macbook Air 8gb, should I return it and get 16gb for producing?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 01:57 PM PDT

    I recently bought a Macbook air with 8gb of ram and upgraded the ssd to 500gb thinking 8gb would be enough from watching reviews but now I think I made the wrong decision and want to return it as soon as I get it.

    I'll be using it for mainly music production and sound design and don't want to have to worry about using multiple plugins, and with a little bit of gaming (not much, just LoL) and now I regret not getting the 16gb upgrade instead. But it's to late to cancel as it has already shipped and I am just on the fence about returning it or not. Any advice would help :)

    submitted by /u/gurtable
    [link] [comments]

    What is this issue with MacBook display??

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 02:52 PM PDT

    Should I Be Concerned About Unexpected Screen Destruction?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I got a new laptop several months ago, so now I'm a happy owner of a MBA 2020 M1. This is one of the best machines I ever worked with. It successfully copes with all my daily tasks and meets all my requirements. But my speech is not about that.

    Some tech-related websites posted an article about a fatal case design issue which affects each M1-based MacBook -- people find their screens broken due to... nothing!

    "I left my computer on the top of my desk during the night and the next day I opened it the screen had 2 small cracks on the right, which damaged the functioning of the screen," laura8lx said.

    Holy... Should I be concerned about this or it's a rare issue and there's nothing to worry about?

    Thank you for any replies.

    submitted by /u/vdokhnovenie
    [link] [comments]

    What safety accessories to buy with Macbook Air M1?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 01:10 PM PDT

    Hey guys, first time buying an Apple product.

    This macbook is a huge investment for me, and I want to protect it and preserve its resale value. I'm usually quite careful with laptops, but I still want to buy accessories just in case since AppleCare+ seems way too expensive for a 900 USD laptop.

    I read about laptop cases, laptop sleeves, keyboard cover, trackpad/palm cover, port plugs, screen cover and they all sound great at keeping my laptop safe. However, I saw some downfalls too.

    For example, the top lid on a case will add extra weight and make the hinges weak, so it makes more sense to go for a skin at the top to prevent scratches and leave the laptop in a sleeve when closed. I also read that hard cases may trap debris and moisture so I should clean that regularly, and that keyboard covers should be removed before closing the lid.

    Is there anything else I should keep in mind to maximize the protection? Any comments on palm and screen covers?

    submitted by /u/justanotherdudexox
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro and Airplay disconnect

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 02:17 PM PDT

    I bought a new 16" MacBook Pro a couple of weeks ago and was wondering if anyone would happen to have any idea what is going on with disconnects when I Airplay a YouTube video from Safari. I use a hot corner to put the display to sleep while the video is playing. If I put the display to sleep while the video is playing and hit pause on the AppleTV 4K remote, it will completely disconnect from airplay and the video stops. But the odd thing is it will only disconnect after I hit pause after 1 min. Anything under a min it pauses fine with the display asleep. Or it pauses fine if I don't put the display to sleep. I tried asking siri to pause the video from the ATV remote and it disconnects also.

    I completely wiped the drive and started fresh but the issue is still there. I have a 2012 MBPr that has no issue pausing video. If I airplay a video from the YT app on my iPhone it works fine also. Any idea what would cause this?

    submitted by /u/tate569
    [link] [comments]

    Real or fake?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 02:13 PM PDT

    Dead Macbook Air 2012

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 01:33 PM PDT

    I sold my MacBook Air 2012 and the buyer returned it claiming it didn't turn on yet when shipped it was at 30% upon trying to turn it on the screen is always black and the fan will spin then stop half a second later when plugging it in it the charger will turn green for a few seconds then orange I've tried leaving it plugged in overnight to no avail

    submitted by /u/Idkanyusername123
    [link] [comments]

    What would LB be?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 12:16 PM PDT

    87W charger on M1 MacBook?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:43 AM PDT

    Trackpad Won’t Click

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 06:53 AM PDT

    So I just got a new MacBook and this morning when I went to use it the trackpad would not click. It would not make the click noise when I pressed down on it.

    I shut the computer down and while it was powered off the trackpad would allow me to press down and would make the click noise. I googled how to fix this and nothing would work. So, I called Apple support.

    I powered the computer back on and he asked me to press and hold option+command+p+r and then power the computer off and back on. Once I did it the track pad would allow me to click again!

    I hope this helps someone else!

    submitted by /u/jvincer
    [link] [comments]

    Battery Swelling On M1 MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:15 AM PDT

    Macbook air M1 finder tags are written in a different language.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 03:23 AM PDT

    I only have one primary language which is english, however in the finder 'tags' section, the colours are written in Korean. Does anyone know why this is and can someone please help?

    submitted by /u/Im_bored8080
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook turns off at log in page after turning on and shows zero battery. Had about 60% lest yesterday. Second time this happened, any fix guys?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 08:26 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel