• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 27, 2021

    Apple iOS System + other taking up more than 10gb of storage, iPhone 6s , 16gb , 14.6

    Apple iOS System + other taking up more than 10gb of storage, iPhone 6s , 16gb , 14.6


    System + other taking up more than 10gb of storage, iPhone 6s , 16gb , 14.6

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 02:32 AM PDT

    Battery-efficient podcasts app?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:43 AM PDT

    Ever since iOS 14.5, I find that my iPhone 12 Pro very quickly converts battery into heat whenever I listen to the podcasts via Apple's first-party app.

    Given that I listen to podcasts as a long-distance hiker with several days in between town stops to recharge, this is no good for me, especially since I also rely on my phone for life-critical navigation. As a result I have had to stop listening to podcasts entirely.

    When I have contacted them for support, Apple refuses to acknowledge this as a known issue, which also means I will never know for certain when they believe they have fixed it.

    So…does anyone have experience with generating comparison benchmarks for the battery use/efficiency of the different podcast apps that exist for iOS? It's time for me to find a non-Apple alternative.

    submitted by /u/HatOk631
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.7.1 is live

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:47 AM PDT

    How to permanently disabling airplane mode?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 08:47 PM PDT

    I'm asking this question for an older person whose hands are not so agile and often won't realise that their airplane mode is turned on by accident, which means my phone calls can't get through and it becomes a safety issue. I have tried finding ways to remove airplane mode from the control centre but this does not appear to be an option, nor is there a way to disable the function completely. Any ideas on how to remove it or at least find a way to make it harder to not turn it on?

    submitted by /u/glitterpikachu
    [link] [comments]

    Arrange notifications by app

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Is the only way to arrange notifications by app only by going into each app in notifications and toggling it? I know there used to be a toggle to change them all at once.

    submitted by /u/king-kyzu
    [link] [comments]

    I’m trying to update to IOS 14.7.1 but keep getting stuck on the verifying update, is there any fix for this? I’ve tried restarting my iPhone but it doesn’t seem to work

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    Photo albums?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    I'm just curious if most people here use photo albums to organize your photos? Or do you just let it roll in the main library?

    submitted by /u/SadRobotz
    [link] [comments]

    Photo albums?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:15 AM PDT

    I'm just curious if most people here use photo albums to organize your photos? Or do you just let it roll in the main library?

    submitted by /u/SadRobotz
    [link] [comments]

    Update 14.7

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 06:52 AM PDT

    after update to 14.7 my 6th Gen Ipad always lag when playing game. such as frame dropping and ping jumping hm. Does anybody how to fix this ?

    submitted by /u/Zexkrom
    [link] [comments]

    How to delete emails from sender in bulk?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 12:23 AM PDT

    There is a trick to do this apparently, but it doesn't work for me. The trick goes as follows:

    1) Select "Edit" from the top right

    2) Mark ONE of the emails

    3) Press and HOLD DOWN "Move" at the bottom

    4) While holding down "Move", DESELECT that one email you marked

    5) Release "Move"

    6) Your mail folders should pop up. It will ask you if you want to move all of your emails to a folder. Probably you will want to select Trash.

    Does anyone know a different way to do this?

    submitted by /u/thatboyuhadacrushon
    [link] [comments]

    I am facing a problem with the bottom bar with certain apps like YouTube and Reddit. Some actions on the apps close to the bottom bar of the iOS triggers unintentional actions. Anyone else facing this issue?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:14 PM PDT

    Looking for an e-book reader app.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 05:18 AM PDT

    I've got an iPad lying around that I'm planning to use as an eReader. I'm looking for an iOS app that has a dictionary function and a 'time left in chapter/book' function. Is anybody familiar with one?

    submitted by /u/MaelJoly
    [link] [comments]

    Apple News Block Topic Not Working for Olympics

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 05:06 AM PDT

    I've added Olympics to my list of blocked topics, but I still have news showing up about it, along with a big Tokyo 2020 tracker stuck as a non-removable news article.

    Does anyone know how to remove this stupid tracker thing, and actually block news on this topic?

    submitted by /u/TorontoDev
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone update issue - downloading more than it says?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 11:03 PM PDT

    Currently updating my iPhone 7 Plus to 14.7.1 and it said it had 4.95GB but right now it says it's at 6.21GB out of 4.95? Anyone have an explanation? Just confused, my internet also isn't that good and I've already restarted this download twice and it takes forever so I'm also not wanting this to happen again

    submitted by /u/michelman69
    [link] [comments]

    FaceID no longer working on iPhone XR after updating to iOS 14.7.1 yesterday

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 04:48 AM PDT

    Since I updated I can't get FaceID to start, I even reset it but nothing works. I contacted Apple Assistance but they're telling me to send it to get it repaired. Anyone else having the same issue?

    submitted by /u/MrBluue
    [link] [comments]

    Personal Shortcuts hanging when launched from Siri suggestions/widgets in iOS 14.7

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 12:21 AM PDT

    I'm having an issue where shortcuts which normally run instantly are hanging on the first step (no progress on the progress bar around the stop icon) with iOS 14.7 - never had issues before. Anyone else experience this?

    submitted by /u/RainbowEvil
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app to make the rotation lock into landscape?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 03:23 AM PDT

    Its very annoying just having 1 rotation lock

    submitted by /u/whynotsaysthisguy
    [link] [comments]

    How can I remove a word from the dictionary?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    When I type UK or in lower case, it always shows it as U.K. with the periods. It's so frustrating when I type in an email or website link. How do I stop it doing that?

    submitted by /u/anonanon863
    [link] [comments]

    Can I disable video calls in iOS messages group chat?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 01:28 AM PDT

    My child is in a group chat with friends (iOS messages I assume), and they seem to be able to start a video call at any time even when the screen is locked. Needless to say its pretty invasive when the ipad suddenly turns on and they can see our living room with no warning. How is this possible, and how can I disable this "feature" without leaving the group chat?

    submitted by /u/ParadroidDX
    [link] [comments]

    Prioritise WiFi Networks

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:40 PM PDT

    At home I have 'Network A' and 'Network A 5Ghz' and my phone used to automatically connect to the 5Ghz option but now it's defaulting to the 2.4Ghz. Is there a way to get it to automatically switch?

    submitted by /u/Condillion
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an iOS setting to stop ads from interrupting your audio?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 11:55 PM PDT

    I can't be the only person who listens to audiobooks/podcasts/music on their commute and likes to play games. I am fine with the ads, I get they are part of what pays for the free games. But I HATE the ads that interrupt the audio of whatever I'm listening to, and some of them will actually turn off my music/podcast/book and I'll have to switch back to the other program to turn it back on.

    I already make it a personal policy to never download an app that has such annoying advertising, but well, it seems to me that there should be some way — some setting that puts my chosen audio as a priority that can't be overridden by an ad. Does this exist?

    submitted by /u/lonelady75
    [link] [comments]

    Autosync alternative?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 10:50 PM PDT

    Hey there! There's a great application on Android that allows you to automatically download things from OneDrive. For example, I have it set up so that whenever I add Music to my Music folder in OneDrive, this application (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.autosync) automatically downloads it to my phone.

    Does something of that kind exist for iOS? Is it possible to use SyncThing with non-self-hosted servers?

    If any of you have a good idea, please let me know!

    submitted by /u/NotErikUden
    [link] [comments]

    Switching from Android.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 10:20 PM PDT

    iOS seems great at everything. Please answer some of my concerns :

    1. Does iOS have "notification categories" So I can customise notification behaviour for different categories in an app.
    2. Can I use external launchers ?
    3. Can I use same widget twice(for some reason) on the home screens ?
    4. Can I restrict network access for some apps ?
    submitted by /u/7inchie
    [link] [comments]

    What's your Magsafe Battery Pack firmware version? Found it when looking around the settings, mine's 2.0.2c.0. I'm curious how Apple would update its firmware.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 08:47 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel