• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 19, 2021

    macOS Was attempting a factory reset on a 2011 iMac, it has been stuck on this for the last few hours - what can I do to fix it?

    macOS Was attempting a factory reset on a 2011 iMac, it has been stuck on this for the last few hours - what can I do to fix it?


    Was attempting a factory reset on a 2011 iMac, it has been stuck on this for the last few hours - what can I do to fix it?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:15 AM PDT

    Parallels VS Parellels Pro for gaming (M1)

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 12:08 AM PDT

    I'm curious to know if parallels pro runs 3d intensive games better since they say it unlocks more vCPUs and vRAM. im running skyrim pretty well right now on my macbook air m1with parallels standard but im just curious if anyone has any experience gaming on parallels pro and if it runs games like skyrim smoother.

    submitted by /u/ShawesomDS
    [link] [comments]

    Factory reset is something no one is talking about from Monterey, but I’m thrilled!

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:49 PM PDT

    Every big OS leap I like a clean install, this will make things so much easier.

    submitted by /u/aflamingflamingo
    [link] [comments]

    Really excited for Monterey, but two features I wish it had

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:10 PM PDT

    First of all, Monterey has me excited enough that I'm sold on upgrading from Catalina. Universal Control is crazy cool, and as an animator and illustrator, it has me especially stoked. But I wish it had these two things:

    • The ability to switch between different sets of Docks. This was an idea I had pre-Monterey, but it would be perfectly integrated with the new Focus feature. So I could have one Dock for general use, one for graphic design, another for my music production apps, one for social & messaging, etc. You get the idea.
    • Health app. I really would like to browse the graphs and trends of my health data on a bigger screen, so I don't have to peer at my phone screen. Unlike the other feature, I really thought there was a chance this was in the cards.

    Thoughts? What would you have liked to see, if anything?

    submitted by /u/Temporary_Music_9
    [link] [comments]

    Do MacBooks (m1 air) not use battery at all while charging?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 07:23 PM PDT

    I want to get a game for my m1 air and dont want to fuck the battery up. Will it run off AC power if I keep it plugged in while playing?

    submitted by /u/gayautistic
    [link] [comments]

    Overview of macOS keyboard input combinations/layers with option, and option+shift?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 02:53 AM PDT

    Hello everyone. Is there any documentation about all the different characters you can input via pressing e.g. option+key or option+shift+key?

    Thank you very much!

    submitted by /u/mandar1ne
    [link] [comments]

    Is Low Power Mode on MacOS Monterey available for Macbook Air?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 08:48 PM PDT

    I am having some second thoughts on rushing to update to MacOS Monterey when public beta is out next month because I've seen some reports that Low Power Mode is only available for Macbook Pro and Macbook.

    submitted by /u/HappyAckerman
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to transfer files between mac and android without apps??(not ftp/smb)

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:52 PM PDT

    I have tried android file transfer and OpenMTP but they have a lot of bugs on my m1 macbook.

    Is there any way to transfer files with a cable without using any apps??(or are there any m1 supported file transfer apps?)

    submitted by /u/00Turag
    [link] [comments]

    Tutorial on how to boot mac os system on your windows laptop

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 08:39 PM PDT

    I have a decent pc and I have an old laptop which is Lenovo Ideapad 100s that uses Intel Celeron N2840. Is there any possible way that I can boot a mac os on my old laptop? I looked for tutorials on youtube but they said that Hackintoshzone was already shut down. I would love to dual boot my gaming pc with windows 10 and mac os but I will try it out first on my old laptop. A suggestion will be a lot appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/Daniel-Tiglao
    [link] [comments]

    Streaming a Media Player Online to Watch with Friends

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:44 PM PDT

    Is there a way to stream the audio / video output from a specific app (in this case, IINA or VLC) online so that I can watch a movie with some friends over the internet, in macOS? Specifically, in Catalina; I haven't updated as a number of apps that I use have not been upgraded to be compatible with the later versions of mac.

    I am on the Parsec Discord channel to see if it's possible with that app, but I'm certainly open to try any other alternatives! Thanks to anyone that can lend some assistance!

    submitted by /u/raysthetic
    [link] [comments]

    Safari using more memory than Chrome?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 11:06 PM PDT

    Hi, I just recently bought an M1 Macbook Pro with 512 GB storage and 8GB RAM. Reading most of the threads here, I see people highly recommending Safari as it is much less of a memory hog than Chrome. However, upon just opening 8-10 browser tabs on Safari, the memory pressure graph suddenly spiked and stayed yellow for a long time. The exact opposite can be said when I'm using Chrome and I was even able to open 12-15 tabs in chrome open and still have the memory pressure graph in the green. To be honest, I really like Safari, and I intend on continuing to use, it, which makes me question if there's something I'm not doing right (.ie: certain settings I need to enable/disable). Thank you very much for your feedback.

    submitted by /u/jjThomson69
    [link] [comments]

    Flight Simulator 2020 on M1 Macbook

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 02:51 AM PDT

    Has anyone tried fs2020 on M1 Macbook Air/pro !?

    submitted by /u/jaiswal16
    [link] [comments]

    Overview of macOS keyboard input combinations/layers with option, and option+shift?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 02:47 AM PDT

    Hello everyone. Is there any documentation about all the different characters you can input via pressing e.g. `option` + `key` or `option` + `shift` + `key`?

    Thank you very much!

    submitted by /u/mandar1ne
    [link] [comments]

    Intel may be released from service in 2021 by MacBook Pro M1X and Mac mini

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 02:36 AM PDT

    macOS Monterey with Rosetta 2?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 12:57 AM PDT

    Can macOS Monterey Beta users on M1 Macs confirm whether Rosetta is still included and apps like Premiere Pro still work? It will be a great help for me!

    submitted by /u/ElectronicsAhoy
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best FLAC player for Mac?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 04:05 PM PDT

    I can't convert to ALAC because. I have .m3u8 files that are synced to my FLAC files

    Can any Mac app open/play FLAC files?

    submitted by /u/bobj3
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody know how to remove these folders?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:36 AM PDT

    notifications on my apple tv?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 06:52 PM PDT

    hi all. i used to have at&t u-verse, and whenever watching something on the tube, notifications would pop up on the screen for, like, incoming phone calls and such. is there such a thing that my apple tv can pop up notifications in the corner of my apple tv screen, like it does on my macs?

    submitted by /u/Macborgaddict
    [link] [comments]

    Gatekeeper

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:05 PM PDT

    According to Apple website, the first time we launch a new app, we're prompted with a message that says the app has been notarized, and that Apple has checked for malicious software.

    But I have noticed it only happens with .dmg files. Whenever I download an app with .pkg extension, the app is installed and launched without showing that message.

    Is there a reason for that?

    Examples: Microsoft Edge, Malwarebytes (both are .pkg.)

    submitted by /u/north_st-hot-weather
    [link] [comments]

    Getting kernel panics at every boot?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 05:50 PM PDT

    Doesn't boot to safe mode. As soon as I try to reinstall Mac OS I get a kernel panic. Tried two different HDs. Tried with and without each piece of ram and no difference. Any ideas? Nothing attached. When it does boot on the HD, it runs a script but never loads OS. Got me scratching my head!

    submitted by /u/collektemon
    [link] [comments]

    Scrolling Not Smooth on Safari in Big Sur (M1 Air)

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 12:47 PM PDT

    Anyone know why the scrolling isn't as smooth on safari? especially on sites like reddit?

    When i open the same page on my ipad air with the magic keyboard, scrolling feels buttery. But on the mac, idk, it feels like there aren't as many frames being generated or something

    Anyone know this issue? Any fix?

    submitted by /u/FartyAndAlmostSmarty
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air M1 2020 11.4 Cannot disable Guest User anybody else?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:28 PM PDT

    HI,

    Just got this MacBook Air M1 2020 with Big Sur 11.4 and playing with System Preferences I enabled Guest User to see if it would be a good option to have. Didn't like it and went back to Users & Groups and disabled it taking the check out and pressing the lock to save. And no matter how many times I enable/disable, shut down/reboot Guest User still appears.

    And even if it is showing faded and not enabled, at the login screen, you can still click on Guest User and will go into Guest User black Safari browser screen.

    Anyone else experiencing this? Known issue? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/donm527
    [link] [comments]

    MIDI volume maxed out but output volume is quiet compared to normal.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 08:36 PM PDT

    Title says most. I had tried to build a custom system-wide EQ after eqmac came with lackluster results and no ability to use with netflix. At some point, somewhere, something made my midi devices play quieter. I noticed this with soundflower, eqmac, etc. My main outputs such as the macbook speakers and my display speakers that I normally use are not affected, but all virtual outputs are playing at half volume or less compared to normal, even when using the same physical devices (such as my speakers) as an output through them. All midi devices have been confirmed to be at max volume and I have turned them down and back to up "reset" them as I was told may work. It did not.

    submitted by /u/matthewmurrie
    [link] [comments]

    Do you know of a way to make calls through iMac without a phone?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    I don't have a phone currently, and would still like to make calls. Is there a way to make phone calls through my 2019 iMac?

    submitted by /u/student-of-the-web
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel