• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 19, 2021

    Apple Macbook Apple Store upgraded me to a M1 MBA!

    Apple Macbook Apple Store upgraded me to a M1 MBA!


    Apple Store upgraded me to a M1 MBA!

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 08:18 AM PDT

    So I wanted to share my experience with Apple Service which left me very happy.

    On the 21st May I visited the Apple Store at Dubai Mall to turn in my 2015 Macbook for battery change as it had degraded quite a lot. They did a quick run on the tests and confirmed the battery indeed is the issue and they will check if the part is with them or they'll order it which could take up to 4-5 days and then another 7 days for the repairs.

    They advised me to either take the laptop with me or leave it here. So I decided to take it back. I returned on the 28 or 29th of May once the part came in and they ran the diagnostics once again and took the laptop for repairs.

    On the 7th day, I get a call from their staff informing me that they had performed the repairs to the laptop and found that a few other parts had started to malfunction/overheat. This was the FaceTime camera and the processor which necessitated a change of the logic board completely.

    Now, here I was also informed that these parts were not chargeable to me as it happened during their watch. They had already ordered the parts when they were informed that Apple did not have these parts and no ETA as well on when it would be in stock.

    This meant that in such a case I would be getting an upgrade to a matching unit that Apple sold - the M1 MacBook Air. The configuration would be the same (8GB, 512GB). I would be only charged for the battery repairs. The M1 would be a brand new retail unit with a year's warranty.

    I agreed but also requested them to bump up the RAM to 16GB and I would bear the additional cost. The person checked if it was possible and confirmed it could be done. The process would take up to 7-10 business days and then I'd get the MBA. So what would have cost me AED 6100/- would now cost me only AED 1668.45/-.

    Then just last week on Wednesday I got a call to come in and collect my system as they had received it.

    There was yet another twist in between, I had been charged AED 1050/- on the 9th of June. The amount didn't add up and even the store did not quite know why that amount was charged.

    This Wednesday when I went to collect the Apple Store employee informed me that when the customer opts for an upgrade on the exchange model he has to pay just AED 1050/- and nothing more.

    So I now have a brand new M1 Macbook Air for 1/6th the cost!

    Now THAT'S Customer Service!

    submitted by /u/adityasinghvi
    [link] [comments]

    Got my first MacBook Air!

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 12:13 PM PDT

    Need macbook before back to school sale

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 02:03 AM PDT

    Hello

    I need a macbook before the 10th of July and usually the sale starts around the 9th here. If I order now I receive it the 5th which is still in the 14 day return window. Can I contact apple later to ask for free airpods or am I out of luck?

    submitted by /u/DRIESASTER
    [link] [comments]

    I have AUS 2k to spend, I mostly just browse the internet, watch movies and write. Which Macbook should I buy?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 07:58 PM PDT

    MacBook Air m1

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 11:42 PM PDT

    MacBook Air m1

    Hey guys, I recently purchased MacBook Air m1( first MacBook ever) and I was trying to install and some python scripts (hello world) on VS code. But, pretty quickly I caught in this error any ideas what this means??

    https://preview.redd.it/gu6m4qs056671.png?width=1168&format=png&auto=webp&s=f6f92b3c30567e4d85cd676318be56a022ae4127

    submitted by /u/reddy073
    [link] [comments]

    Do MacBooks (m1 air) not use battery at all while charging?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 07:23 PM PDT

    I want to get a game for my m1 air and dont want to fuck the battery up. Will it run off AC power if I keep it plugged in while playing?

    submitted by /u/gayautistic
    [link] [comments]

    Got a new Macbook stand, MBP15 and MBP13 both fit nicely, more in comments

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 12:15 PM PDT

    $199 Off MacBook Pro 13 M1 512GB, $1,299.99 - $149 Off 256GB, $1,149.99 - Prime Day Sale

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:37 PM PDT

    Is it worth to purchase a MBA M1 Base model if I already own a MBA intel (2019)

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 10:24 PM PDT

    My current model is an 1.6Ghz 8th gen i5, with 128gb ssd and 8gb memory MacBook Air (2019). It has the scissors switch keys as well. I mainly use this MacBook for University and there are times I have many tabs on safari open with some apps open as well while working on projects. The fan would be constantly running and there'll be lots of heating. There was once where my battery dropped about 80% in 3 hours, but that was when I had too much open. On days where I have 2-3 tabs open with apps running in the background, I feel that sometimes it lags a little. But other than that, there are no main issues with my current MacBook.

    If I do get the M1 MBA I would sell my current model. Please advise!!

    submitted by /u/Ak0411
    [link] [comments]

    Got the m1 MacBook air few days ago. Any tips or tricks that made your life a bit easier?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 07:54 AM PDT

    Dock + Display + Cable Combo for MacBook Air M1

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    Hi everybody,

    I just bought a MBA, which is my first Mac ever and I'm pretty amazed so far. The next step involves buying a desktop display (preferably 27" 4K@60Hz) around 300€ and a ThunderBolt 3 or USB C 3.1 Dock.

    So the problem after reading a lot, is that you can read plenty of people claiming that are having problems of some sort with some of the more reliable options, and it looks like sometimes the combination dock + display + type of connection (HDMI/DP) or even cable (active/pasive) might affect.

    I only plan on connecting one external display and I'm looking for something easy and reliable. The budget for the whole the setup is around 600€.

    This is getting very random and confusing so I would like to get recommendations about some battle tested combos so I can reduce the chances of bombing it.

    Thanks a lot in advance!

    submitted by /u/HarryCallaghan
    [link] [comments]

    I have a late 2014 MBP, is it worth upgrading to anything?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 01:40 PM PDT

    I have a 15" Laet 2014 Retina Macbook Pro. It has a 2.8 GHz Core i7, 16gb of ram, dual graphics (NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB + Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB), and 1TB of SSD storage.

    I'm currently running into some frustrating bottlenecks when trying to do more demanding tasks like modeling in Blender, editing big projects in InDesign, and other multitasking intensive tasks, so I've been considering finally upgrading... But I don't know what options are worth looking into.

    I've seen some benchmarks suggesting that this particular mac is better than some of the later models, and I can't find anything directly comparing the late 2014 model to anything more recent than like 2017.

    It has to be a laptop thanks to how I've got my workstation set up. I already have an iPad Pro (and I'm planning on upgrading to the M1) that I use for my art, and it's absolutely not capable of fully replacing my macbook.

    Does anyone have any good recommendations for what might be a good cost-effective upgrade with a noticeable boost in power? And if possible could you explain why you think it's a good choice.

    submitted by /u/demonskunk
    [link] [comments]

    Will the MacBook Air M1 16gb able to work for 7 years?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 04:52 PM PDT

    What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Sucxces_93
    [link] [comments]

    2007 Black MacBook with Linux Mint

    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 01:47 PM PDT

    Why does my macbook m1 take 5+ seconds to open applications

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 11:07 AM PDT

    My new m1 macbook has never felt super fast when openning applications... is there something wrong or is this normal? For example, these are some of times to fully open these apps:

    8 s, spotify

    8 s, discord

    3 s, zoom

    3 s, slack

    3 s, onenote

    1.5 s, safari

    submitted by /u/abgstar
    [link] [comments]

    Confusing results from a speed test and I’m looking for answers.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    My sister has a 2015 MacBook Air and she got a new internet service through Verizon FIOS, she gets an average of 20 Mbps down and an almost 200 Mbps up using AT&T's speed test. My sister has a WiFi 6 router so and we are both using the same frequency on the network. I did the same speed test on my iPhone 11 and 2016 9.7" iPad Pro that my sister did on her MBA and I'm getting 200 Mbps down and up and my only device that had an outlying results was my iPad Mini 4 with 100 Mbps down and 200 Mbps up. I did a second speed test via Ookla speed tests on my iPad Pro and my sister's MBA and I got about 50 Mbps down and nearly 200 Mbps up on both devices. I have several questions, obviously. I was wondering what would cause this issue? Does my sister's MBA have a 5G WiFi card built in (if yes, would it be broken/disconnected)? Is Verizon throttling their services and not delivering on their promised speeds? Are the USB ports on the 2015 MBA fast enough that a USB WiFi adapter would be a viable solution and would it allow for better results?

    submitted by /u/theemptyqueue
    [link] [comments]

    Air M1 vs. Inspiron 15

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 12:33 PM PDT

    I made a test how fast my 5 year old laptop boots up - Dell Inspiron i3 4gb (105 secs), MacBook Air M1 (14 secs). My laptop is 7,5 times slower than a fresh Air 😉

    submitted by /u/Sucxces_93
    [link] [comments]

    Alternate to MS OFFICe

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 06:24 AM PDT

    So i got my macbook air yesterday and i missed the back to school offer as i was unaware of it sadly. That is not the case. The issue is i was always a window user and i use ms word and ms powerpoint for my college. Now i am preparing for my phd. I have been seeing post that ms office is not good on macs, is it true.

    If yes what should i do, i have never used pages, should i learn it or there are better option?

    Whether ms office is worth buying for macs?

    How word i read word files and covert files to word format as lots of people use word, if i dont use ms word in macs for future.

    I am very confused what should i do?

    submitted by /u/This_Reading_7124
    [link] [comments]

    How good is HDR on the M1 Macbooks?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 12:09 PM PDT

    HDR is a little confusing. There's HDR10, HDR10+, DolbyVision, and then DisplayHDR 400, 500, 600, 1000, 1400, 400 True Black, and 500 TrueBlack.

    The HDR quality varies between all the above standards.

    I'm wondering what the HDR level/quality is on the MacBooks. I've become a big fan of Dolby Vision after seeing it in action on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Is the Macbook's HDR close in performance to that? In a perfect world, I would be able to watch movies/TV on my MacBook with Dolby Vision.

    submitted by /u/fartsimpson55
    [link] [comments]

    Having issues 2012 pro

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    I tried installing high sierra and it keeps saying that file system verify or repaire failed. I restarted multiple times and still get the same message.

    submitted by /u/tomboy149
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone knows how I can fix this problem it's very annoying

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 11:19 AM PDT

    MacBook Pro 16" (intel i7 - 16 - 512) VS Mackbook Pro 13" (M1 - 16 -512)

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 04:16 AM PDT

    should I get a new MacBook Pro 16" (intel i7 - 16 - 512) or a Mackbook pro 13" (M1 - 16 -512)
    I mostly do Mobile development (Android-Flutter) and some photoshop and illustrator Designs.

    submitted by /u/7okathehuman
    [link] [comments]

    Apple just sent me this and I was waiting for this promotion. I think is finally time to buy a MacBook. What do you think? (Does anyone know for how long this promo last?)

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:54 AM PDT

    Safest method of transporting MacBooks?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 09:53 AM PDT

    I am moving across country (Greyhound) to a different state in the next few months and I want to ensure the protection of my MacBooks while they travel to their new destination with me. What is the best/safest method of transporting MacBooks? Should I ship them or should I bring them with me in my luggage? I am overly worried at this point but I am being cautious in case of worst case scenario.

    submitted by /u/isionindustries
    [link] [comments]

    Accessorizing the M1 Macbook Air

    Posted: 18 Jun 2021 05:26 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel