• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 22, 2018

    Apple Wallpaper Wednesday [February 21]

    Apple Wallpaper Wednesday [February 21]


    Wallpaper Wednesday [February 21]

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 05:10 AM PST

    Hello, /r/Apple, and welcome to Wallpaper Wednesday!

    Liven up your desktop space or iOS device with some new UI scenery! Please respect the rules below and upload the highest quality image you can find.


    Rules

    1. Please use a reputable image host like imgur.com.
    2. No NSFW posts.
    3. Directly linked images only (albums are acceptable).

    This thread will remain stickied for 24 hours. At that time, the thread will remain active, and an archives link will be posted in the sidebar for easy access. You may also find archives here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The powerful iOS photo editor Enlight is free on the App Store.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 10:59 AM PST

    Apple Maps vs. Google Maps vs. Waze

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 10:33 AM PST

    Wouldn’t it be cool if you could 3D Touch apps and have an option to clear notifications for that app?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 02:50 PM PST

    For example, Person A has a lot of notifications from Snapchat (just a random app), 3D Touch on Snapchat and it shows it's list of normal actions except it includes "Clear notifications".

    submitted by /u/mike2k24
    [link] [comments]

    “Hey Siri” on HomePod in the Apple Store is clearly meant for abuse.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 06:19 PM PST

    "Hey Siri, Play Banana Phone by Raffi."

    Playing Banana Phone by Raffi.

    "Hey Siri, play volume at 100%"

    OK.

    BOOP A DOOP A DOOP!

    submitted by /u/Stripeless
    [link] [comments]

    TIL that you can "float a note" in the Notes app on macOS. This is amazingly useful!

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 07:27 AM PST

    1. Select a Note in the list and choose "Window->Float Selected Note" to pull the note out into its own window.

    2. With that new note window selected, choose "Window->Float on Top" and now the note remains visible over all other app windows.

    3. There is no step 3.

    submitted by /u/logicalvue
    [link] [comments]

    Apple releases third iOS 11.3 public beta for iPhone and iPad, macOS 10.13.4 public beta for Mac

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 10:10 AM PST

    Almost reached my February Activity Challenge on Apple Watch .. only 15cm to go! Wait .. what?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 05:29 AM PST

    Apple offers inside look at the development of Portrait Lighting camera feature in new video

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 09:26 PM PST

    AT&T names first three cities for multi-gig 5G service, nine more to follow

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 08:49 AM PST

    Finder tips!

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 08:22 AM PST

    Two non-Pro iPads are coming soon, hints Eurasian filings

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 04:55 AM PST

    Apple Files Major Apple TV Logo Trademark Update Focused on All-Things related to Gaming, Including a Video Game Console

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 07:53 AM PST

    Is it just me or has Overcast gotten really buggy recently?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 07:27 AM PST

    Episodes will end while it still shows time remaining, it takes about three skips back to actually skip backwards, etc.

    Posting here since Marco doesn't really respond to feedback so I have no way of knowing if these bugs are widespread or if it's just me.

    submitted by /u/CranberryLemon
    [link] [comments]

    Quiet AirPod? Here's a possible solution.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 10:23 AM PST

    Suck on it. No, seriously.

    My AirPods have been quiet for a while now, because I have rather waxy ears. I try to keep them clean, but it isn't very easy. I read about this solution in a reddit comment buried in an old thread and figured, after toothpicking furiously and having no peroxide to try, I didn't have anything to lose.

    I wrapped the front of the AirPod in a piece of thin toilet paper so I didn't have to put my mouth on it directly and sucked on the main speaker outlet. Nothing came out of the speaker grille, and in fact there was no visible change at all. I popped it back into my ear, expecting nothing, turned the volume all the way up, and hurt my ear at how loud it was.

    If you're having a problem, give it a go and let us know how it goes!

    submitted by /u/Agely
    [link] [comments]

    watchOS 4.3 beta 3 for Apple Watch developers now available

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 10:00 AM PST

    How well do the 2015 MacBook pros hold up?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 10:04 AM PST

    Hey all. Gonna be spending a a lot of time on the road and I'm thinking about picking up a MacBook Pro. Not normally a Mac user but I don't like Windows X at all. I want nothing to do with those butterfly keyboards, as I'm a touch typist keyboard snob (current DD is a pre-chiclet Thinkpad.) Do you think a well-specced 2015 era MBP will hold up for several years, or are they likely to end up obselete fast? I use computers for excessive word processing, listening to music and browsing the internet.

    EDIT: Damn, a lot of y'all are on my wavelength, this is great. Follow up--any good place to hunt for value deals on these, or is this just the Amazon/eBay grind?

    submitted by /u/paran0iaagent
    [link] [comments]

    What are your favourite password manager?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 11:34 PM PST

    I have been using 1password for a long time and been enjoying it. However recently I purchased New surface pro and the 1password experience hasn't been so great on Windows.

    I do own a 1password subscription and even with the new app it doesn't sync very well browser plugins.

    If you have windows in your ecosystem alongside with the mac and ios, I'd love to know your password manager of choice

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/adi_w
    [link] [comments]

    Frequently toggling either Airplane Mode or data source renders cellular iPad Pros unable to fully charge...I think

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 06:28 PM PST

    Looking to hear whether anyone else has encountered this.

    We've got a couple of 10.5" iPad Pros with work and due to some currently incredibly broken networking we've had to alternate between using wifi and 4G data a lot. As in dozens of times an hour a lot.

    What we've been noticing is that after a while the iPads can't fully charge until they're restarted, instead capping out somewhere between 80 and 90%. At first I thought it might have been chargers or cables but had no luck swapping things around until recently I was on holiday for a fortnight and had no problem with the thing only to have the problem reoccur when I got back to work.

    I've since verified that left on default settings (Airplane mode off, wifi, 4G and bluetooth on) the devices all perform flawlessly.

    Are we hitting something obscure or is this a general bug that's just outside of most people's use case?

    submitted by /u/LineNoise
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on the 15" MBP 2017

    Posted: 22 Feb 2018 12:11 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I just recently traded in my 13" MBP touchbar for a 15" (base model). I gotta say this computer is definitely the best laptop I've ever owned. For some reason I've just never liked the 13" Macbook Pros. In college, I traded in a 13" MBP for a 13" macbook air which lasted me all the way until the end of last year. That was the best computer I've owned until now. I tried to give a 2017 13" Pro a go again but I ended up exchanging it anyway.

    I've noticed that my CPU is more idle (at a higher percentage) even with more tasks running at the same time which is definitely thanks to the quad-core.

    It took me about a week to get used to the butterfly keyboard, but on this 15" it feels WAY better than on the 13". Maybe that tad extra thickness helps. I'm just starting to get into video editing (I want to make animated movies in my spare time), and running FCP X on this with the discrete GPU is a dream. I know this GPU isn't exactly super high end...maybe I'm just so used to the Macbook Air hardware, that any pro computer would seem way faster.

    I've noticed CPU temps for at idle and load are pretty low. Here are some non scientific data points I observed:

    -Just sitting at idle browsing the web, imessage, itunes, cpu ranges from 33-40C -Watching a 4k video will bump the CPU temps up to 41-44C -Connected to an external display with all the above running will activate the dGPU and temps will hover around 51-56C -With Photos and FCP X running connected to an external display, is when I started seeing temperatures rise anywhere from ~60-high 70s (C). I monitored fan speeds during this and they didn't ramp up from their normal speed. I suspect I'd need to push this even more to get that to happen.

    Unfortunately, I didn't test any temps on my 13" pro, but I wonder how that stacked up. Additionally, another caveat to this test is that my ambient room temperature is pretty low (around 62F) and I think that makes a difference. How much of a difference I'm not sure.

    As for ports, I will admit it is a slight hassle having to use dongles at work (for presentations and such), but its not a huge deal. As soon as external displays with USB-C become more common, I think i'll appreciate the value more. Of course for people who work in a corporate environment, its slower adoption rate of peripherals, but I honestly don't think its THAT big of a hassle; just my opinion.

    The only real negative I have for this computer is, after having a 13" Air for over 5 years, it feels a little deep. The weight (3 vs 4 pounds) isn't as huge a deal as the footprint, but after around a week I got used to it. I would probably not use this computer in economy on an airplane, but I never used my Air on an airplane so its a moot point for me.

    Curious to see how 15" MBP owners (2016 and beyond) are liking (or disliking their computer). There have been some vocal 15" pro owners who don't like these new computers and I encourage them to chime in as well.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/frolic_emmerich
    [link] [comments]

    This In-Glass Fingerprint Reader Shows Why Apple Opted For Face ID

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 02:51 AM PST

    Locked out of iPhone

    Posted: 22 Feb 2018 12:30 AM PST

    so I stupidly forgot my password on my iPhone 7+, tried to access it too many times, and it's now disabled and telling me to plug into my computer. Unfortunately, when I go to plug it in to iTunes to reset, I get the 'To allow access, please respond on your iPhone..." and there's nothing I can do since I obviously can't get into my phone and if I click the stop button nothing'll happen. What are my next steps?

    submitted by /u/zaise_chsa
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel